Royal Crest Dairy Employee Reviews

Poor Management
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 11, 2019
If you haven't worked there for more than ten years, then you are fresh meat, and if they don't like you for whatever reason, they will terminate you with NO reason...just because. Watch your back, there is a 500 lb. Gorilla breathing down your back..plus there is no on the job training, it's learn as you go, so be prepared to work with 20 year old dead technology...people come and go as they please, and the account manager will wear out your senses with God awful perfume, then throw a fit for everyone to hear..real professional, place is old and the cleaning staff does not know how to clean.
Pros
Dicounted food
Cons
Hard work/ angry employees/ high turnover rate.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 24, 2019
The don’t care about the employees. Work through any weather literally, trucks breaks down often. 180 or so stops a night. Easy hire, high turnovers
Pros
If you like to work alone you’ll be ok.
Cons
No breaks, rushed & unsafe work to get done, no real room to advance
Excellent management team, cares.Not Corporate driven.Family values.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 18, 2019
5 star place to work!Good health benefits. Solid management style that motovates you to achieve your goals.Good retention bonuses. Commission bonuses and a good salary.
Fun Enviornment
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJanuary 30, 2019
I loved working at Royal Crest Dairy. I was located in Longmont, Colorado and that branch was fairly small. On a daily basics there were just 7 of us working together. Since we worked with each other everyday, we became a close knit family. We looked out for our drivers and made sure everyone returned from their route safely. I was doing this job while I was getting my Master's Degree. After receiving my Master's, I asked around to see if there were going to be manager positions open up and unfortunately there wasn't which caused me to start looking around for jobs in Human Resources and management jobs.
It's just a job
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COAugust 17, 2018
It's not a bad place to work, but you get stuck in the system and there isn't much room to advance. The pay schedule is very much dominated by the company and overtime is mandatory, but not always paid fairly. The benefits are terrible. Safety is questionable at best.
Pros
You get paid
Cons
Benefits are terrible, pay is low, overtime is mandatory
Customer Appreciation
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 1, 2018
When you as an employee put in the hard work and dedication to the job, the customers easily recognized that effort and rewarded you with continued patronage which is huge when we are paid on a commission.
That same work and dedication is ignored by management which had no way to gauge that type of effort. Often times, those same managers worked to make your success less effective, which is ultimately why I had to leave that employment after 7 years with them.
Pros
Customers
Good pay, tough work
Overnight Route Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 27, 2018
I had to leave because my body could not handle it. I ended up getting so weary within my first month that I sustained an injury pulling my hamstring and straining many muscles after a slight fall. It's fun if you can get past the pain and you are completely independent once past the 3 week training. Lots of running and jumping in and out of your truck. Don't believe the incentives at all because they do not reward them unless you perfect yourself on your whole route which most who have been there forever can't even do. There is several catches to those incentives. However, once past the $125 a day training, you'll be paid a good route pay and tips. My route in Pueblo was $156 a day after training. No overtime. I worked 11 to 13 hour days Monday through Friday overnight and I just had to give it up after being injured. It's only for the physically fit and strong willed if you get a bad route. Though, even the easier ones are still pretty hard to finish quickly without a struggle. The managers that do the ride alongs with you try to intentionally break you before you hit the route on your own. The speed you need to have to finish your route on time (6 hour timeframe) is extremely dangerous as you have to drive really fast and you can't see all too well delivering to customers in all weather conditions. I heard the tips can be big during the holidays, approximately $4,000 to $12,000 on top of the $37,000 a year. It's great for a resume and good experience with multiple skill areas. Products are really good and you get a little discount which was nice. Don't hurt yourself because  more... you want to make it work though! Customers respect you because of what you deliver but they don't know how hard it is to make those deliveries.  less
Pros
Good pay, independence, great experience of many skill areas, discounts on delicious products, easy to get hired.
Cons
Long hours, physically demanding, bad training, catches to incentives, and dangerous.
Demanding
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COMay 28, 2018
Demanding and strenuous job. Unable to take any sick days. Poor benefits and moral. Leadership gave empty promises and were unreasonable. Night shift was rough.
horrible
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COApril 28, 2018
do not work here. a typical day is 14 hours plus of bullcrap management is horrible. every there seem to have a stick up their butt. personally would not recommend this job to anyone I love or hate
Hard long hours
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 2, 2018
Be prepared for long graveyard shifts, and lots of physical activity. This job required running at a dead sprint between the milk truck and individual houses. Last minute order changes would alter your inventory and make your day longer than necessary. You are paid per product making the job pay highly unstable as customers leave and change their orders constantly.
Fun and great products!
Doorstep Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 27, 2018
Management needs to change the comp plan. If you have a bad month or 2, it's is hard to recover from. Once you drop a few bad months, there is no recovery if you have bills and a family.
Pros
Great work environment, chill and laid back!
Cons
Horrible comp plan. They need to update the comp plan.
High quality products
Route Sales (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJanuary 11, 2018
Royal Crest provides home delivery of high quality dairy and grocery items. I liked the independent nature of being a milkman, but one bad winter soured me on the process. At the time, a milkman was only paid for what he delivered. It only takes a few weeks of trudging through snowbanks only to find that the customer doesn't want anything and therefore you trudged for free to make one look for other options.
Pros
High quality merchandise
Cons
Payment structure needed changing
Cool work enviornment
Class-A CDL relief driver (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COOctober 7, 2017
Get on their good side and youll be good. Get on their bad side and youl still be good as long as you correct your mistake and apologize like a normal human.
Well-known, reputable organization, with good stability
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 18, 2017
The company employs about 70% delivery drivers for both residential and wholesale driving roles along the front range. Drivers are a tough commodity for any businesses in Colorado (competing with oil fields and many others), so our wage - although competitive - may be perceived as low. However, you do get week-ends offs and double pay for a few of the holidays you may have to work.

For the administrative/support ranks, very low turnover and with Sales personnel, also tough to find those individuals with a true entreprenurial spirit. If they are truly a self starter, selling is a great opportunity and there is NO cap on what you can earn!
Fulfilling work, good pay, poor management
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80209August 16, 2017
Working for Royal Crest Dairy has been an insightful and rewarding experience. The compensation is fair for the amount of work that is required. Working the night shift takes some getting used to, however the worst aspect of the job is the disorganized state of the company which is due to lackluster upper management.
Pros
high level of Independence, fair compensation
Cons
tough hours, poor management
The best job I ever had!
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 6, 2017
This company was a wonderful place to work. The managers especially were great to work for,. It was a steady, 40 hour, Monday through Friday job with benefits, profit sharing and vacations, I understood what was expected of me and was encouraged to suggest and take initiative, The company had character and history. I found it very fulfilling,
Pros
Profit sharing, employee discount
Cons
no vacations in November
terrible employer
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 23, 2017
treat employees like trash. very hostile work environment, don't recommend anybody to try and get a job in this place. no advancement opportunities either
No life
Route Driver/Sales (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COJuly 12, 2017
Decent pay. No life working nights sleeping all day. Only Saturday is the full day off. Doing the same thing over and over again every night. Good people.
If you are a good sales person this is a great job!
Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 30, 2017
Loved the team I worked with, all so fun. Always will have your back and get you the help you need if slacking. Don't take it for granted, because they won't keep you around if you aren't doing your job. Hours are with the sun so usually 9am-6pm in winter time and 10:30-8:30.
Cons
No work/life balance
Royal Crest
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 6, 2017
it was a great job opportunity but there's no room for growth. I left because I was looking for better opportunities and a place where I can grow .