Royal Flush Havanese

Royal Flush Havanese Employee Reviews

United States14 reviews
Overall I like this job and I would definitely recommend it.
Getting started at this job can be difficult when I started i found it quite overwhelming. However once I got my footing this job became quite easy. Time management and multitasking is the key here. The experience I gained from this job actually helped me get the job I hope to make into my career.
Pros
Puppies, Great Experience
Cons
Very busy, overwhelming to start but hang in there
January 26, 2020
We are so thrilled that we could help you with your future goals! We strive to create a family atmosphere here and are happy to see each one of our team members reach their goals and succeed! Thank you for all of your hard work!
I currently work at Royal Flush Havanese Florida and it is the best job I have ever had. We care so much for all of our dogs. To the point where you can tell who is barking without even looking. The management is fantastic and they just expect everyone to communicate so nothing gets forgotten or overlooked. It’s also a lot of cleaning which you get used to after your first week but if you don’t enjoy cleaning this job isn’t for you. The puppies are personally my favourite part as watching them grow from their date of delivery to when they go home to loving parents is a dream. There is so much to learn and do so their is never a dull moment. I would recommend this job to any hardworking person who loves animals as much as we do!
Pros
Puppies, Pay Raises, Management, Coworkers.
I will admit their puppies are to die for, however the management will run you until you are so stressed, and overworked! When you are off the clock, you are still required to answer all of their texts promptly. They will give good raises, but you will never make as much as you deserve from everything you do for the company! You’re on constant surveillance, and if they have something against you they will talk to other staff members, and have them keep an eye on you
Pros
Adorable Puppies
Cons
Management, Discrimination, Non Trusting Team
unless you want to clean up urine & feces for 7.5 hours every day in an 80-85 degree room with dogs/puppies jumping all over you this is not the move for you. the pay isn’t even remotely worth it, they have way too many dogs & puppies in a very confined area, there are roughly 45 adult dogs & 5+ litters of puppies, it’s a modern day glorified puppy mill, truly. the dogs never go outside, i don’t know how anyone that truly loves animals could work under these conditions.
March 19, 2020
The job you were hired to do was to clean up and train pups. I do not know how anyone would not love puppies and dogs loving on them and calling that a bad thing, but clearly we made the right decision by terminating you as only avid dog lovers should have the pleasure of engaging and working with our amazing dogs!
The nursery MUST be kept at 82 degrees as young havanese pups cannot regulate their body temperature!

Our dogs are the healthiest, happiest and amazing around! We have been fully inspected and all the inspectors are impressed by the amazing facility we have and how incredibly cared for each and everyone of our pups are.

If you are not true animal lover and do not understand the definition of cleanliness this position is not for you.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Fast paced, always busy, multi-tasking, and learning everything about how to maintain the behind the scenes at a dog breeding business. Its wonderful to go to work everyday. My coworkers are great, knowledgable, the management cares about us and their dogs, its very heartwarming. Im busy from the moment I get to work and I love staying late.
January 26, 2020
We strive to create and amazing atmosphere for all of our team members! We want everyone to love their positions and of course loves the pups!
its not a job for everyone.u must b able to multitask & obtain the job info to work fast & in a timely manner while also making sure all your dogs are comfortable & happy. remember its all about the dogs, don't expect to b treated as well as them no matter how great of a worker u are or how much dedication u put into it
Pros
amazing dogs and puppies
Cons
everythign by texting
January 26, 2020
We would hope that all of our employees felt as loved and cared for as the pups! We are so grateful for employees like yourself that adored our pups and worked so hard with and for us!
Working at Royal Flush is an incredible experience! It is a very faced paced environment where you must be detail orientated and good at multitasking. Management greatly rewards people who go above and beyond for the dogs. Your coworkers are like your family and everyone always helps each other out and we all work as a team. If you love animals and dogs This is the best place to work and of course the puppy kisses are just a wonderful extra perk to the job :)
Pros
Good management, great coworkers, Puppies!
Cons
Labor intensive (but great for people who Don’t just want a desk job!)
January 26, 2020
Puppy kisses are our favorite part! We are incredibly grateful for you and our amazing team! Without you we would not be able to provide such incredibly healthy and well socialized pups to such wonderful families!
I would not recommend working here, I wouldn’t go back even if they paid $15-$20 an hour. I worked there in the summer of 2016. The owners have places several cameras around the building, inside to monitor everyone and dogs, as they are in Rhode Island. They breathe down your backs and text to communicate with you. If you do not look busy, they will text up a storm or call, even if you are doing something. You will get in trouble if you don’t immediately answer them. The dogs, I’m sure have never been outside. They live in “suites” that aren’t very big with multiple other dogs. Their entire life’s purpose is to breed and just breed. You have no time to socialize with them since you’re entire jobs revolves around picking up feces and urine as soon as it comes out of them, they don’t even provide gloves. They get so excited to see a person that they jump in their own waste. You rarely have time to bathe them, let alone interact with them. When I worked there, several dogs fur were matted since our main focus was cleaning their “suites”. We had to start making them look presentable when they knew a customer would be coming. Also when I worked there someone who was hired the same time as me became a manager within 3 weeks, very unprofessional. And an older manager who had worked there had quit, she demanded a raise for all the extra work she did and how dedicated she was to the company but they denied her and she quit. If you work here, you will be pushed to a breaking point. I’ve witnessed people break down and quit from how hard they were being pushed. I would not doubt that they - more...
Pros
Hour for lunch
Cons
Rude owners, inexperienced managers, not worth the pay
April 16, 2019
Our general manager has over a decade of experience in business management and over 20 in animal behavior. Our manager in Florida has over 5 years management experience and our supervisor has been at RFH for over 4 years.
We work as a team, as a family. If you are being monitored and asked to do something it is because you are not working efficiently. Our dogs need constant love and care. If you had to be texted to stay busy you most likely were ignoring pups you could have been grooming, training or just playing with.
Working at Royal flush can be a great experience for the right person. If you are able to work quickly while paying attention to detail, keeping everything clean and of course having the best interest at heart for the dogs, then you're golden! It is work, but the pay is very fair and you get to spend time, take care of and get to know all the dogs :-). I would recommend this job to someone I knew wasn't afraid of sweating and loves dogs.
Pros
Dogs, pay
Cons
can be stressful at times
January 26, 2020
We know that caring for such tiny pups can be stressful but through hard work we are providing wonderful people with such great new family members! Thank you so much for your hardwork!
It's a modern day puppy mill. Beware they will have you come in for training and not pay you make it sound like they are going to hire you with no intention to. They are understaffed the one employee that was there is supposed to train you but they don't have time because they have so much to do. They don't even have the decency to tell you if you have the job or not.
Pros
Clean dogs are not caged.
Cons
Very poor management. Dogs don't get to go outside.
April 16, 2019
Caretakers do not train employees, managers do. Not only do you work with people to learn what's expected there is a detailed manual and monthly meetings. Team members and management are always there to answer any questions and assist with all tasks. Not only do we take the time to train our staff, everyone who fills out their new hire paperwork is always paid. Dogs and pups are raised with love and care. If you cannot multitask and work efficiently, unfortunately, this is not the position for you.
We work together as an amazing team, like family! The pups are absolutely amazing and I love being a part of them growing. The work can be a bit labor intensive but it's great to be apart of such a great company and ensuring that everything is clean to help raise these amazing pups. My favorite part is being able to sit down with the doggy parents (adults dogs) and play!
Pros
Great team, working with dogs!
Cons
Can be labor intensive
January 26, 2020
Thank you! We try to always be there for all of our team members and puppy families alike! We are like one huge family!
I got appreciated two times for the job well done. I have worked with the best guys in this company. It has healthy and helpful bunch of colleagues. You can jump on to anyone for help and you won't be disappointed.
Pros
A healthy and helpful bunch of Colleague
January 26, 2020
We strive to always help and assist all of our team members! We are always here for you in your professional and personal life! Thank you for all your hard work!
One of my friend have worked their and found this company good to work. Working hours are very good. Co-workers are very supportive. Management is good and always ready to support if needed.
Pros
Good working environment, Job stability, Good work life balance.
January 26, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback! We strive to create an amazing work environment for our team and our pups!
I have never had a job that made me physically sick until i worked here. the training was extremely poor and after one night i was left alone to do everything myself. you have to take care of the owners actual pets aswell as the breeding ones. you have to run up and down stairs, continuously switch shoes to used, worn out crocs with no grip, and also only have approximatley 4 hours to do many many objectives. they only have one person working at a time, you never directly see or speak to the owner, and no one will ever cover a shift because theres only two workers total. there are over 20 dogs crammed into small over crowded metal cat cages you would find in the cat section of a rescue with three dogs in each. the run you put them in outside freezes in the winter when you start to clean it so its practically pointless as well as having to sit there for sometimes nearly an hour in below freezing weather waiting for the dogs to finish tying. also the puppy room is heated to 90 degrees year round, mix that with the cleaning chemicals and it is not a good mix. i have never been so physically ill from a job before until here. do not work for them. you will regret it.
Pros
puppies
Cons
no breaks, crocs, poor work environment, extreme heat, poor management, unfriendly dogs and crowded cages, not enough time to do everyhing they want, little to no instructions
October 31, 2017
Dogs are not crated, instead they live in suites where they can socialize and play daily. Puppy room is kept at 82 degrees to keep young puppies bodies regulated to prevent death from a shivering. The chemical you clean with is Chlorehexidine and is non-toxic to people and our dogs. Night shift is approximately 6 hours. Our staff is like a family, always working together (just see the reviews above!). You are trained and then given a manual (step-by-step instructions) as well as are in constant communication via phone and text with your supervisor. All our dogs are amazing healthy and socialized. This job requires dedication as you are working with living animals, our babies. If you can not be responsible and dependable you will not be able to work here, will lose you job and then leave a negative response full of lies.