ROYAL FURNITURE Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Family environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 23, 2018
I really loved working with this company and hate to have to leave, but I have to move out of town with my husbands job!! I recommend Royal Furniture as a lovely place to work.
Earn a lot of money if you apply yourself
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 2, 2018
This was a paid by the hour job. It was also commissioned and you could earn any where from an additional $300 a month to as much as $3600 a month if you applied your self and worked hard. Mondays and Tuesdays were late nights until 9 pm and you had to work very other Saturday.
Pros
Stress: your able to get up and take a break when you wanted to
Cons
Hated working late monday and tuesday nights as well as Saturday
Selfish company owners
SALES/ ADMINISTRATION (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 7, 2017
My store manager was very kind however the company and owners are greedy and sloppy with their work and products. Over priced furniture and selfish owners.
Money is the only benefit
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Trussville, ALSeptember 29, 2017
Poor products, delivery personnel are not well trained, management puts off customer complaints. Stores aren't laid out well with products stacked one on top of another. Quickly realizing management was causing customer problems wasn't a strong point.
it was cool
Sales Associate/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 25, 2017
Working at a furniture warehouse was cool i sometimes had my days when i was tired. The pay rate was good , as long as i get the job done and did it right, i couldn't complain about anything.
Pros
Breaks, Healthcare and the paying rate
Cons
the days i worked
I do not like my hours
Sale Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILSeptember 18, 2017
They do not pay sick days or vacations, the hours that I work o do not like them because I'm always at work not enjoying the days, weather, no days off in holidays
Pros
Pay cash
Cons
No benefits at all
Great work place
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 14, 2017
I love you the enviorment u go out on delivery and get paid commission for each delivery. It requires a f endorsement driving license and u start at 8am
Very fun place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 3, 2017
This was a really exciting and detail oriented job. The customers are really good to work with. This was a really awesome place to work. The job was located on Summer Avenue and had a constant pleaseant atmopshere
n/a
Assistant Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 26, 2017
Great company with a rich furniture history. Family owned business that does not have lots of turn over. However, they are dated as far as technology.
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 23, 2017
Great place to work in the bywater of NOLA. Excellent changing historic area of the city. Started dusting furniture, putting together, and delivering to selling.
Minimum benefits
Furniture Display Coordinator/delivery (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 9, 2017
Royal furniture was an OK job. The pay was not great but the work was not at all demanding. They also have a few good benefits. And you can get a few discounts on furniture.
Job security is veryhigh with a fu atmospher.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 12, 2017
This a good starter job until you find or figure out what you really want to do in life. Hours can seem a bit long. If you are a single parent with little help with babysitters, this might be an inconvienence.
Great atmosphere with a good team of guys
customer service, and unloaded truck(s) (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALDecember 6, 2016
You arrive at 8 at the truck stop, get your list ready for the day. Make the the call to your first customer and let them know you are on your way to deliver the furniture. Thats pretty much it for every stop you got. I learned how to put a lot of furniture together. Management is ok, not bad people but things go wrong and they can be a little irrational at times (nothing personal). Co-workers are really cool. Never had somebody who was I was unable to work with. The hardest part of the job was that you didn't get finish until you finish the job. There was days when you got off in the A.M. and it was brutal, but it be like that sometimes. Most enjoyable part was when things went as planned. Got off at a decent time.
Pros
No set time
Cons
Very Strenuous, Not enough of pay
Productive, and very stressful sometimes!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 23, 2015
Fun work place, with supportive management. All about the numbers and how you personally can help the company grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected in a family owned business.
Originized
Sales/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Key Largo, FLJune 24, 2015
Open and close the store, sell furniture and work on floor plans along with scheduling deliveries.

Knowledge of mattress.

Management was very productive.

Co-workers a lot of fun.

Juggling all duties with short staff.

Meeting clients was the most enjoyable a lot of them are my friends today.
Pros
Salary and Benefits.
Serious about business.
Delivery Personnel (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 30, 2015
Work Day: Delivering furniture, working in warehouse.
Learned: Inventory.
Management: Good.
Co-workers: Great.
Hardest part: Delivering furniture upstairs and in tight places.
Most enjoyable: Driving, delivering furniture to other cities in the Mid-South area; working with my co-workers.
Pros
The people.
Cons
Delivering furniture upstairs and in tight places.
Fun job with great co-workers and Manager
Assistant Manager/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALDecember 7, 2014
Every day at Royal Furniture was exciting. It was fun working around beautiful furnishings everyday. We were all in competition with each other to see who could sell the most furniture each day. I learned how to turn a negative into a positive when dealing with customers who weren't sure if they were ready to make a purchase. I always got the customer's name and number and would let them know when the furniture they wanted was going to be on sale. This made the customers repeat buyers because they knew I had their best interest in mind.
The hardest part of my job was taking the time to eat lunch as we were very busy on the floor. The most enjoyable part of my position was meeting new people and making friendships that have lasted.
Pros
Great atmosphere, fun staff members
Cons
Owner retired and closed the store.
Productive fun place
Salesman/ Manager (Current Employee) –  port arthur texasAugust 23, 2014
I like working at Royal Furniture because I do a lot of hands on working. I learned about furniture, QuickBooks, Microsoft Office Suite, and setting up various types of furniture.
Manager / Sales
Manager (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLJune 10, 2014
Complete control of day to day operations, maintenance, and sales productivity of a store location within the company, was trusted to operate the store alone.
 Executive Assistant to the Owner, Inventory control and delivery set up
was an wonderful first job
Warehouse employee (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 10, 2014
come in take inventory, unload truck (if president), arrange stock, assemble stock
I learned the basics of how to use a forklift and how to keep inventory
management was well put together, had some defects but got better
good co-workers with exception of one
hardest part of the job was moving heavy furniture through small pleases
the most enjoyable part of the job was that I got good hours amazing pay for a first job and that I got a taste of how the real world works
Pros
close to good places to eat, hours, pay, management
Cons
feeling threatened by one co-worker