Royal Hawaiian Movers Employee Reviews

Learn new things each Day
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 19, 2019
Like any other company, we learn new things each day. The expectations were pretty high. RHM was always at a high level performance. No matter what Jobs are Being thrown at RHM, we tend to get it done no mater how Late
Pros
Tips from customers. Sometimes
Cons
Pay wasn't worth your Back
Lack of management favoritism
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 13, 2019
Management plays too many favorites. Work hours are ok. But dealing with traffic day by day sucks. There is no employee parking. The GM likes to swear at employees.
Great DOT/CDL courses with certificates
CDL A Driver (Former Employee) –  Kahului, HINovember 6, 2018
Great company to work for, workers all work together to become a Royal Hawaiian Family. The clarity of orders from the office makes the job very easy.
Pros
No preasure on work load, there updated and seriousness on there safety habbits.
Cons
Lunch break to short
Mover (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HISeptember 25, 2018
Moving sometimes is fun and sometimes is not.. Just like this job sometime job is more stressful and challenging, and there are times that this jobs is very relaxing and very slow.. Its always nice when things arw steady you you can have a steady job..
Pros
Long hours sometimea
Cons
Short hours on some days
A super productive work place. There is little room for relaxing and you really hard to push yourself through all the physical labor
Packer/Helper (Former Employee) –  Ualena St. , HIAugust 13, 2018
When we start our day at the warehouse we will clock in and immediately start getting our truck ready with all the materials that we will need at the job site. once we get to the customers house or storage we would start working on what is going with them and what is staying. After that we start boxing and wrapping everything that is going, then we will load everything that is going into the shipping crates on our truck. We would start our day at the warehouse around 7-8 in the morning, then depending on the size of the job not get back to the warehouse till 7-9 at the latest. Unfortunately for me I have to catch bus everywhere so I don't get back home till 10-11pm.
Pros
Trave around the island, meeting different people
Cons
Extremely long hours, intense physical labor
Lots of downtine extra stress
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 7, 2018
They hire people with no dispatch experience to dispatch and route commercial drivers, which is difficult since they don't understand the capabilities of the vehicles nor the restrictions.
Pros
Its not a hard job
Cons
The management is disconnected in a way they just dont care as long as they see $
Fast paced
Trucking Clerk (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 26, 2018
Fast paced environment. If you work in the office setting you will typically work an 8 hour shift but must be willing to work more hours without notice. Hardest part of the job is communication between sales and customers.
Bad management with lots of favorism
Dock Hand (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 7, 2018
They do take terrible care of their employees. The work is hard with little pay and benefits. I would say if you are looking for a job, go somewhere else.
challenging
Commercial Inbound Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HI 96819February 7, 2018
Assisted customers and agents to schedule and coordinate the deliveries of their household goods. Coordinate with the trucking department and the moving department to have workers ready to complete the customers move in. Completed billing in a timely manner for these moves as well as completed billing of storage accounts on a monthly basis, etc.
Pros
challenging
Cons
stressful at times
Good Enviroment
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HI 96819December 26, 2017
This is a family oriented company.
They are flexible with your work schedule.
Room for advancement within the company.
People here are very friendly.
Stressed and unorganized
Local Freight Clerk (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 16, 2017
Typical day at work was stressful

I learned how our main ship yard operates

management was favoritism

workplace was family oriented but stressful

the hardest part was coming to work
Good
Driver/packer/helper (Former Employee) –  Lihue, HIMay 10, 2017
I think that this is a great place to work for a young single person. Lots of overtime is a plus but bad if you have a family. Great workout and employees. Management kind of tight but necessary.
Pros
Workout
Cons
Low pay and late hours
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Keaau, HIFebruary 24, 2017
As I worked with this company I have found that we as a group worked together well as a team. We enjoyed our days of work there at the company and worked together as a team.
Pros
worked well together.
Cons
Guys that who wasnt participate with the team as it shouldve been.
Gained work experience
Account Clerk (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 23, 2017
I'm thankful to have had the opportunity to work for Royal Hawaiian Movers for 2 1/2 years. I learned to work with the other branches and communication was the key for keeping the jobs working smoothly.
The hardest part of my job was having to learn to multitask and never being able to get caught up with my work no matter how hard I tried.
I enjoyed my work for the most part - the RHM staff on the outer island branches were very friendly and cooperative.
Pros
health benefits, bonus and great company parties
Fast pace industry
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HIFebruary 1, 2017
Make sure all trucks are up and running. Survey potential jobs and give out quotes, offload containers. Management duties such as hiring, firing, training and coaching.
Pros
Car allowance monthly, bonuses, gas allowence
Outbound Commercial Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 12, 2016
Management is great. When there is a problem they will step in and work with you to help fix the issue. They are very supportive in your daily routines.
Pros
Team management
Company in General?
driver cdl (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 12, 2015
Company as a Whole???
Off the HOOK...
Got along with EVERYONE but my Trainer & Dispatch.
Don't know if they didn't like Caucasians, female drivers, or just disliked me in General.
Coming from an Owner Operator OTR Driver on the mainland, the Confined spaces were pretty hairy, but the drivers in Hawaii/Oahu & this company? Are some the best I have seen. Would have really loved to work with them & learned what they know. But, just had a terrible experience with a Driver/Trainer that I was stuck with, that had a Complete chip on his shoulder. Was treated with total disrespect & made me feel like a complete idiot. I wasn't there to take his job... Just learn the process.
The gal in dispatch? Wouldn't even look me in the eye, let alone, talk to me. And SHE was the one who schedules the Load Schedules... very frustrating to say the least.
So, unfortunately? This job opportunity didn't work out for me.
Not rocket science. If trained well with an encouraging mentor? This place is amazing
Pros
Great management
Cons
Watch out for Disrespectful & Arrogant Trainers & Uptight Dispatch.
Best place to work
Assistant Controller/ Payroll Accountant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu HawaiiNovember 25, 2013
I never want to leave this job but have to move because of husband relocation. This company is like my second family.