ROYLE PRINTING Employee Reviews

Every day is different here
Saddle stitch/Lead Operator (Current Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIJanuary 4, 2018
I enjoyed Royle for a few years, nice management, most of the time mild stress during work days. Lack of experienced labor is a big issue here. If you are not on 1st shift - you are lucky if you get one hired helper to help you run your machine. At Royle it is really nice to be able to get vacation approved with minimal time advance.
Growing Company. Fast paced. Highly transitional work environment.
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIDecember 13, 2017
I would begin reviewing issues that needed immediate attention and fix or come up with options on how to proceed with the situation. Then review and assign material to complete various projects, review inventory levels and determine what needs to be ordered, order material accordingly from vendors, check vendor acknowledgements, follow up with vendors on timely deliveries, obtain quotes from vendors for estimates on projects and current needs, place purchase orders for outsourcing, resolve delivery discrepancies, consult with sales reps for needs with projects, consult with planning and scheduling for accuracy on projects.
Pros
Freedom to be creative when resolving issues. Sales oriented. Growing.
Cons
Communication could use improvement. Team building exercises would be a great help.
Fun workplace environment - recommend to anyone
Bindery Worker (Current Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIAugust 30, 2017
Royle printing is a wonderful place to work and print at - they have a great team that really feels like a family. I would recommend anyone to work there
Lot of friendly people
Plant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIJuly 21, 2016
It was a nice place to work. Fast growing company. A lot of people willing to help the company grow. Lots of new equipment.
Average Factory/ Warehouse Job
Finishing Associate (Current Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIJuly 8, 2016
On a typical day, I would go to a Stitcher, which is a machine that puts staples in books, or mail, binding them together to be shipped out the the customers. I will either be doing one of two tasks, depending on what type of job is running. If i am running small books or magazines, typically I will put them on pallets, or in boxes depending on the customers specifications. If I am not running books, I am running mail. Mail is put into specific trays, and is sent to the post office. Each tray is going to a different location, so the mail has to be put in the correct trays. The trays come with a number in sequential order, how many pieces of mail it contains, and which designated pallet it is going on. Equally each piece of mail has a tray number, and a pallet number on it to insure that it goes into its correct tray. I have to read the mail and put it into its correct place. Most mail comes at about 150-200 pieces every minute. I like the job because it keeps me focused. I also find it to be the hardest because I work on my line by myself so it can be difficult to keep up.
Pros
decent pay, good hours, fun co workers
Cons
One 20 minute break, fast paced, no air conditioning
comfortable company & refreshing atmosphere to work in
Estimator/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIJune 9, 2016
Royle's a great company that's definitely on the up and coming...everyone is very nice and a happy place to work.

It's a smaller company so everyone knows everyone which is nice and you have the chance to develop relationships & great friends.

Work gets a little repetitive but it's nice working in a group of people in the same boat which makes it fun...

I recommend anyone to work for Royle, great smaller company to develop your work experience at.
Pros
flexible management, nice office environment, calm & friendly
Cons
average compensation offerings
Great Company Culture
project manager (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIJanuary 25, 2016
Royle is a great company, work life balance was very flexible and understanding that family comes first. Small and intimate company which was nice, great working experience and very friendly people.

Would recommend anyone to work at Royle
Pros
Company Culture, Work Experience, Life Balance
Cons
Work gets repetitive
Solid company. Press Operator advancement available
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIAugust 24, 2015
Working in the press room was a great experience. With Royle I definitely had the opportunity to advance from starting as a 4th Line Press Operator all to way to 2nd line. Just had to work hard and the bosses see that! Definitely meant for people who like to be active and on their feet all day! It was pretty cool working for Royle.
Pros
Job advancement, company's doing really well
Cons
Lots of standing
great opportunity and really enjoyed working there
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIJuly 16, 2015
I was a CSR for Royle for about 5 years and it was a really great job. Wonderful team I got to work along side and it gave me great work experience moving forward in my career path. Wish nothing but the best for the management team and supporting cast of Royle Printing!
Pros
work experience, professional development, great compensation
Cons
small company
comfortable work environment, growing company, good management
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIMay 28, 2015
I always felt comfortable when working at Royle Printing, everyone was very friendly to work with as well as management team.

Management team knows what they're doing and the company is consistently growing year after year. I moved to a different state for my wife's work but I was sad to leave Royle and the many friends I had made there.

I would recommend anyone to work there if they have the opportunity.
Pros
Great work experience, amazing people, smart management
If you work hard you can advance
Pressman (Current Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIMay 28, 2015
It's sad to see some people say they can't get job advancement when the truth is if you actually work hard and not complain you can receive pay raisess and job advancements. Ive worked there since high school and worked really hard to where I'm at now. Just do your work and it'll pay off. That should be the case anywhere you work
Pros
Nice people, plenty of work
Wonderful place to work, GROWING COMPANY with great people
Sales (Current Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIMay 26, 2015
The other reviews must be just past disgruntled employees but Royle is a wonderful place to work. The management team is very gracious and supportive and most other employees are very nice and pleasant to work with. This company is GROWING and on the right path towards success in a tough market. Led by smart executives who know how to grow and sustain business. I would recommend anyone to work at Royle if they had the chance.
Pros
Smart leadership, nice/supportive co-workers, large sense of teamwork throughout company
Management is the worst
past employee (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WINovember 8, 2013
Management thinks nothing of making fun of all employees, current or past. Very uncomfortable environment. The owner is the worst. Managers aren't much better. Terrible communication within the entire company. Wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.
Pros
Cons
the company overall
the truth
sheetfed (Former Employee) –  sheetfedMay 12, 2013
If you want to work for a company that treats you like a number and not a person then royle is for you. It's very hard to get a raise. Temperatures can get over 100 degrees in the summer. 12 hours gets rough to do in these conditions.
Pros
no pros to working here
Cons
management!
poor management. treat people with no respect
press op. (Former Employee) –  sheetfedMay 9, 2013
I spent two years of my life trying to advance at royle. They will not promote you. The management team will sign off on anything, which makes it easy for the employees, but horrible for the customers. It is over 100 degrees in the summer and cold in the winter in the building. There are exposed wires everywhere and a roof that leaks everywhere. Don't worry though, they have plenty of buckets. They're understaffed on forklift so it takes forever to get paper. If you expect to get a review for pay raise, go someplace else. I know people that have worked there for 9 years and only earned 17 cent raise. In two years I never heard good job from management once, but they'll let you know when you do something wrong. Expect a lot of down time if you apply here because the maintenance team don't know much about fixing presses and management expects you to fix your problems anyway. If you have a problem with work, do not go to h.r. she's a mean lady that people call the dragon lady, and sides with management every time. People have been fired for bringing problems to her attention. The only reason they get nominated for best place to work is because the owner, crisis carpenter, is on the team committee to vote. In closing.. royle printing is a terrible place to work that under pays you, and overworks you. If you are a possible future customer that wants exceptional work for what you pay, please go someplace else. I've seen management try to doctor ink because they forget to order the right pms color. I've also seen customers want uv coating and they use varnish instead. These are examples  more... of the horrible service they run everyday.
Pros
Cons
poor management and human resorces. web plant
Great Learning experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIFebruary 7, 2013
Handled mutiple client accounts, planned job, multiple version flyers throughout the US and shipping schedules to meet deadlines. The best part was working with vendors and their great personalities.
The hardest part of the job was learning the planning sheets the company utilized.
Pros
great job acceptance package!
pore management
Fourth Pressman (Current Employee) –  wisconsinDecember 29, 2012
The worst place that I every work for !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would never refer anyone to work there at all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
no posives
Cons
don't have anyone work for them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ROYLE PRINTING. Our community is ready to answer.

ROYLE PRINTING Reviews by Location