RPI Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
No very equality
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 17, 2018
I wouldn't reference anyone to RPI because of lack of help, management, & it is very one sided, for example: Friend to friend, if your not a manger friend you don't get the same treatment
Pros
Free lunches, Birthday lunch, Parties
Cons
Hot temepered
Nice Place to receive higher education
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYNovember 1, 2017
I worked here as TA and RA, the student here is clever enough that make my job rather easy. Professional education, I do like the course they offer, you surely can learn something if you focus on it. Management and leaders need to be improved.
Pros
Free time schedule
Cons
Boring atmosphere
Loved working there
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 10, 2017
Great supervisor, supervisor was very understanding, and worked with hours, very relaxed, great co-workers, part-time, great hours, I would love to go back to work with company if it didn't close down
The was my university
Engineering Design (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYOctober 3, 2017
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is an engineering university, and not a job, I spent 4 years studying there, the classes were stressful and competitive, and the professors knew a lot about the subjects, but were not great teachers.
benefits
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYJuly 13, 2017
The benefits are good. Most of the people are nice. The pay is good after you go to the training academy. Not too many places to move up, therefore there is a high turn over rate.
Excellent pay
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAApril 27, 2017
Good place to work free lunch and work ethic had good hours and good pay easy job fun to do you have to be very fast and learn quick and no mess ups.
great place to get an engineering degree.
Undergraduate Research Program (URP) (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYJanuary 26, 2017
great school to work and study at. good work and social life balance. incredible career opportunities. ability to meet people from various walks of life, interested in the same things.
I like to work there
Melted and shipping (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 30, 2016
That's my favorite job I will back to work with RPI I worked with Amazon us the same day delivery driver For 2 Mont.i have my friend work with FedEx he told me very good job and they good
Pros
Sometimes
Cons
Good breaks time
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WASeptember 15, 2016
A very nice company to work for. All about the progress you make as a team each day. The leads are well trained and everybody there can help you. A friendly but hard working atmosphere.
lreaned more stuff at that job
Refrigeration Technician (Former Employee) –  Medford, NJAugust 17, 2016
it is good for beginners .i first got out of school and it seemed to be a good place.the pay was low the hours where long.but you do what you have to to rise your family .
Pros
hours
Cons
pay
fun workplace.
Solicitor (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 12, 2016
managers don't care about you, easy work, schedule works with you, no benefits, not enough pay, they hire anyone and everyone they don't give you a reason to work there,
Fast paced and exciting
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 2, 2016
RPI is a fast paced company producing personalized print products for the world. It was a very good learning experience in manufacturing.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Stressful
Engaging work
Computer Science 1 Undergraduate Mentor (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYMay 26, 2016
I evaluated students in Computer Science 1 using assignments and provided guidance with programming if needed, during labs and office hours..
Using pre-recorded messages to call people and ask for donations
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJMarch 24, 2016
Using three computers
Learned how to multi-task
Co-workers were friendly
Sitting for long period of time
It was really relaxing
Pretty good place to work because it was clean and it had a laid back atmosphere.
Shipping Associate (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAFebruary 26, 2016
I worked in the shipping dept. of RPI which is a printing company! A typical day for me would consist of scanning books, packaging books and placing them in the correct area to be shipped to the customer. I did learn how to be more organized and focused because you want the order to correct and be shipped to the right person. I thought it was management was pretty good and my co-workers were all friendly and we got along well! the hardest part of the job was working the mandatory overtime during peak season. The most enjoyable part was the times we all enjoyed food together. This company always fed us and kept us motivated to get the job done!
Pros
company dinners and working with friendly people
Cons
working a lot of overtime
Great environment as a first year out of school. Great staff and facilities.
Assistant Athletic Training Intern (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYDecember 24, 2015
Day to day work of an Athletic Trainer changes. My schedule depended a lot on when practices were, if we traveled or not and my training room hours. I learned a lot about myself and my skill set and was further able to improve my abilities.

All my co-workers/supervisors are outstanding. Each one contributes to my mentoring in a different way and is helpful to my growth. The environment they have set up is friendly and relaxed yet serious.

The hardest part is the hours on end you may have to work but, its worth it in the end. The most enjoyable part of my day is seeing my athletes succeed and learn.
Pros
Hours, facilities, staff
Cons
Hours
Telemarketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Athens, OhioJuly 1, 2015
it was a fun place to work but the pay wasnt accurate which caused me to have to leave due to lack of their word on commitmentship and they weren't willing to fix at that! the people there were wonderful but and you remained constantly busy! I truly did love my job there but other than the pay it wasn't a bad place to be.
Pros
stayed busy and was getting great hours
Cons
pay wasn't accurate
Working in the Bookstore
Departmental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYMay 11, 2015
It's a quiet place to work when there are no sales. Everyone is friendly, and my tasks during my shifts are to assist customers either at the Book Department or Supplies Department. I've learned crucial customer service skills, as well as inventory management skills.
Productive and fun workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAFebruary 11, 2015
Factory work, so I was on a line from the moment I got to my station, till I left.

Busy work with plenty of opportunities to grow with the company. I moved up fast from working covers to working multiple machines in a very short time.

There was a wide variety of people working there but I got along with everyone

Management was understanding and a pleasure to work with

Hardest part of the job was when we had to pull 12 hours shifts 3 days a week for a month

Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to learn new skills and moving up in the company
Pros
weekends off and good pay
Cons
na
Rewarding Job
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Schererville, INFebruary 1, 2015
 Under the direction of the Owner I oversaw all construction projects in a 150 unit mobile home park, 80 plus rental properties, 20 or more remodels for resale per year, and several commercial properties. I oversaw construction of a 50’X75’ warehouse for the purpose of housing building materials and construction equipment.
 As a cost cutting strategy I streamlined our construction process by standardizing the materials that we used from the paint, trim, and carpet colors to the plumbing fixtures, doors and windows. By consolidating all the materials to one location I was able to control cost, waste, and inventory.
 Upon passing the Lake County General Contactors Exam I worked with the different agencies to secure all the necessary permits, variances, and zoning reclassifications needed to complete various projects. I researched, prepared and presented my finding to the Gary City Council and the Lake County Planning Board for projects needing special permission by these agencies.
 Using my logistical and coordinating skills I scheduled all sub-contractors, to include electrical, plumbing, roofing etc. to ensure that all our projects were completed in a timely manner and within the pre-forecasted budget.
Pros
Gained great experience
Cons
Real Estate crash