RR Donnelley Employee Reviews

Constantly Changing
Bindery-Bindery Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Bend, WI 53095April 22, 2018
this is a company in continual change with a strong lack of standard operating procedures, which is definatly needed for an iso 9000 company. Was a bad induvigual experience.
Pros
Free lunches, food breaks
Cons
only one short break for 12 hours, lacking in strong leadership, lacking standard operating procedure
Factory. On it's way down due to poor management of resources.
Bindery Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INApril 21, 2018
Worked here for 20 years, from the time it was one of the better places in town to after most of the older folks had been transitioned out (laid off). Currently has poor management, frequent lay-offs, lots of shady characters hired on because that's all they can get. Very little opportunity to advance. Still have family working there, I never looked back.
Pros
Close to town
Cons
Factory
Limited opportunity to grow as developer.
LEAD Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  West Coldwell NJApril 21, 2018
Conservative use of the newest and advanced software.
Everything tied to specific software needed for company's production.
Limited opportunity to grow and learn new software.
Confused management
Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, ILApril 20, 2018
Confused management - objectives and directives continually changed. Typical was contradictory information/directives. Told by higher management that we were to do X and then later told to do Y by local management.
Pros
very casual atmosphere and work style
Cons
confused direction from management. required a lot of overtime
warehouse
Temporary lead when lead is out supervisor asks (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAApril 20, 2018
busy days

learn something new everyday

mgmt is ok

hardest part is trying to stay busy work is slow

available to do any type of work

too much to list of things to do at work my resume explains all the work details
Pros
ok
Cons
slow
Relaxed place to work
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Menasha, WIApril 20, 2018
It wasnt hard work boring but not hard. I was putting inserts into books. Its a fairly simply job if you dont mind slow paced work but Im sure other areas there are more exciting.
People around you was fun to work with
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Mendota, ILApril 18, 2018
A typical day working for R.R.Donnelley was for the most part fun to work for depending how busy it was. It could be stressful if it was busy and real laid back when you were not busy.
Company promoted internally based on knowledge and it would invest in the training of staff by having national conferences on best practices
Human Resources Professional (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INApril 18, 2018
- Recruiter
- Completed paperwork necessary after each interview
- Handled employee concerns or grievances
- Offered bilingual support to the organization
- There is something to learn on a daily bases
- Everyone helped me learn and in return I did my best to continue improving the process if viable.
- The most difficult part was understanding EEOC and connect it to Diversity.
- I enjoyed the fact that someone gave me an opportunity to demonstrate what I could do rather than judging me for how I look.
Pros
Variety of tasks, training, feeling part of the organization made me want to do more.
Cons
I had to leave
Team Work environment
Certified Senior Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Donnelley, IAApril 18, 2018
I am Highly proficient with all aspects of my work.

Sales reps have their trusts in me to handle their customers, Ordering products, giving them options and anticipating their needs. Managing inventory, reports and order shipments.
Labels and forms specifications, making sure of quality is built in with every product we ship to our clients.

Problem solving and best decision making with the team.
Pros
lots of completed projects and making customers for life I feel accomplished.
Cons
non teamworkers
productive good work place
Jogger (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, INApril 18, 2018
I liked it there good place to work crew members are family oriented you can learn new skills to become a pressman I was a jogger .I ran the assembley line and stack news papers on pilots
Pros
good team members
Good money
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INApril 17, 2018
It was easy for the money . Great coworkers, located right outside of town. The pay was good. The job is easy and a lot of breaks through out the night.
Management Stinks
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Thurmont, MDApril 17, 2018
Management does not want to take the time to fix any issues.They won't take any suggestions. Ideas are shot down before they are even tested. The office people, and the production workers can't seem to get along.
Not a growing industry
Distribution/Shipping Agent (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAApril 16, 2018
This is a company that is on it's way out. It runs the best it can to stay afloat but in an age of digital media, I would not recommend this for new workers.
great learning experience
Lead Printing Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 16, 2018
Great place to learn and easy to move up in the company. Lots of overtime available if wanted. Very diverse workplace. Grateful for the technical experience.
Pros
when press is running good can have very easy workdays
Cons
lots of mandatory overtime
Demanding
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAApril 15, 2018
Management cares very little for their employees. Hours are demanding and accomplishments are not rewarded. Insurance is poor, and job security is unsure.
They are using temps
Operator (Former Employee) –  Thurmont, MDApril 13, 2018
They are only hiring and firing temps so that they can pay workers less then if they were hired on. You will be blamed for problems the bad machinery creates. Plenty more can be said but I'm not trying to ruin their company.
Pros
None other then it's a job
Cons
Bad people, old machinery, dusty facility
It was a temporary position, but I was treated as part of the team
Finance/Billing Support (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIApril 13, 2018
I learned a lot about the company and it was fast paced which I do like. My manager was very helpful and had good direction of her team. The people working there was great and they were always helpful.
Job Tasks
Hoist Operator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 12, 2018
The day starts off on going in to see what is needed loaded or unloaded from the trucks that come in..see what is needed to go out..check the forklift to make sure it is safe,gather all paper work that is needed. Management seems to be on top of things that is needed for customers and employees for the job to go smoothly. Did see that the company has it's work place diverse. When the work place is not working together it makes the job unorganized, hard to work. Overall the job is a nice place ,people, tasks, reasonable requests.
Nice people (coworkers) fast past, so always staying busy
Press Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INApril 12, 2018
We had company break policies as do all companies. We took break every hour, at quartly meeting it was brought up that need to stick to break policy, but u who are running over 100%. And we can a consistent 136% that made you feel good
Pros
Pay, vacrion time
Cons
Working holidays
Good Place to work. great co-workers
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INApril 12, 2018
Casual days, easy work for pay. Boss easy to get along with. opportunity for advancement, good pay increases, easy adjusting shift changes and great, down to earth, intelligent people to work with.
Pros
Good catered food with the over abundance of meetings, bonus pay for kudos
Cons
too many meetings and fire/tornado drills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RR Donnelley. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

62out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at RR Donnelley.