RR Donnelley Employee Reviews

Found 2,205 reviews matching the search See all 3,104 reviews
Steady job, small period of no work use vacation or no pay
Material Handler II / forklift operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 10, 2018
The work was simple but wasn’t able to get but 1 promotion in my 30 years of work. Manager only took word of operator so if operator didn’t like you then no promotion.
Pros
Day shift, not to many weekends
Cons
1 percent raise a year, poor milestone rewards just a clock number
Repair
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 7, 2018
the job is fine and lovely , i learned allot of stuff from there, we republished phones and repair with disassembly and Assembly

DEPARTMENT: Technical Department.
Job Description: Repair and Assembly, phones and Laptop.
Job Responsibilities:
Identify the status of the phone and network.
Plan projects (replacement the crack part on phone).
Distribution network data base/schemes record and update
key performance indicators assessment,
Pros
sometimes
Cons
45 minute
easy work but an unhealthy environment to be in long term
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INDecember 7, 2018
If you just need a quick easy job over the summer this place is fine to work at, however there's limited opportunity to advance. They hire more work release employees than anything else and consequently it effects the environment.
Pros
Decent breaks
Cons
They don't care about their employees.
Only benefit is open market health care and poor training
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIDecember 7, 2018
the worst training i have ever encountered 20 year employees counldt train a dog to sit, health insurance choices the worst. Clicky family employees, dad, mom son and daughter type of clicky. they dont like outsiders and give you addditude and no help if you ask.
Bottom line not a friendly place.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Ok
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Austell, GADecember 6, 2018
I have been employed at Rrd for 7+ years. The people here are friendly and easy going. The work is sometimes challenging but I like a challenge most of the time. Management is always open for suggestions and improvements from employees. I am currently a part of the safety team.
Great place to work at.
Bindery (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaDecember 5, 2018
Friendly environment, co-operative workers, great instructors, easy to get along with others, great break times. Nothing Hard About The Job At All. Good Employer.
Ok Job, Employees are Numbers
Document Services Specialist 2 (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2018
Employees are treated like numbers as indicated by login name being your employee number. Bonuses are frequently lost due to no fault of the employees. Benefits are stripped away year by year. No 401K matching.
Nice people
Magazine Editor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYDecember 3, 2018
Nice place to work and nice people they need to work on there stock and what there books look like and there operator need to help people out when need help
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Short breaks
Great Company
Flexographic Press Operator (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHDecember 3, 2018
I liked working there, and I would like to go back to RR Donnelley as either a pressman or as a customer service representative. The management took great care of the employees.
It's a job to get you through.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Thurmont, MDDecember 2, 2018
In the time i've worked at donnelley, i knew it wasn't some glorious free time job that i'd have leisure in. It was a factory and I did my job on the daily as needed to get through a night on my shift. I personally felt that it was a satisfactory job that tended to all of my financial needs without crossing any unnecessary lines. All in all it was a job and I had no real issues there.
Pros
Decent pay and overtime for the task at hand.
Cons
Short breaks.
Great company but lots of Red Tape poor management backup.
Sr. Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 30, 2018
I was able to work from my home office without anyone bothering me, allowing me to do my thing.
There was no activities like being in an office to get distracted from my work. I was able to work a good 8 hours without sideshows and drama.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Poor management
Back-biting, lack of supervision, nepotism, favoritism
Temporary Position, Summer (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTNovember 29, 2018
Terrible place to work. You start out as a temp and then cross your fingers hoping they will hire you full time. There are some temps who have been there almost four years and they still have their fingers crossed. If the floor supervisors decide they don't like you, then you might as well go out and slit your wrists because there is no way you will ever get hired and they go out of their way to make life miserable. Job is qualmetrics orientated. If you exceed the goal, you get dished on by the supervisors because they feel you are a threat to their position. If you don't meet the goal, you get dished on by the floor supervisors because they are just want to be as mean as they can be. There is a lot of back-biting to management, and drama. Things no one needs in their life or have to put up with from anyone. (Especially "professionals.") Don't stop here, keep looking!
Pros
Occasional free lunches
Cons
No benefits for temps, low work pay, sour supervisors
Fine
Assembler (Former Employee) –  West Bend, WINovember 29, 2018
Very average company and laid back. Not much going on and the employees seem disinterested in there work. Not much of a group setting. Boss controls everyone.
Good place to work.
Stacker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILNovember 28, 2018
The work was pretty relaxed, I enjoyed my time working there. It was a very well managed place to work and I had good training before I started. I only left due to relocation.
False Hopes and Empty Promises
Data Reporting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lemont, ILNovember 27, 2018
The industry is struggling and so is management. Benefits are all but stripped away year after year and policies change per person. Management rushes you when you're not happy and refuse to help make a better work environment for their employees. With an average 30% employment turn around rate people come and go. I don't blame them. There is NO room for advancement here.
Pros
Cons
No 401k match, 1% annual raise, insane costs of health care coverage, no smoke breaks, management are tyrants
Always moving, never know in which area you're going to be
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Willard, OHNovember 27, 2018
I was almost never on the same line or in my area. This was mostly do to me being a level 1, which meant if there were "too many" people in my home area a level 2 could bump me out.
Top Management is horrible
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 20, 2018
Top Management is driving company into the ground. All decisions made at the top....and they only care about cost...miss numbers with bad M & A decisions....split will be final death blow.
It was just a job
Picker 1 (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INNovember 19, 2018
Too many hours not enough work.we would be standing around for hours doing nothing. I was a book picker, I worked in quality control and I was also a person who would make sure I find the missing books too
Pros
Made money
Cons
Miss alot of time with my family
The trainors were rude and no help
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Long Prairie, MNNovember 18, 2018
The men who trained me were very rude because I was the only female on the floor. They were condescending and did not want to train me much less work with me on the press.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Co-workers were hard to work with
common days and what they thought me
Material Handler & Jogger (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJNovember 18, 2018
friday
work as a material handler and roll tender
nice magnament
nice
hardest part was when 12 hours working when is to busy
when they teach you i enjoy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RR Donnelley. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight