RR Donnelley Employee Reviews

Found 2,036 reviews matching the search See all 2,903 reviews
Work
Image operator (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 18, 2018
The only hard part about the job is loading up the rolls for the printer's...I then have to clean all the printer's and do a print head test...if the print head test come back good...I could start printing...
Pros
Cross training
Cons
Don't pay you enough for what you do for
Used to be good. Not any more. I did enjoy working there
Digital operator (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, ILAugust 18, 2018
When I started out there I did enjoy working there. It did teach me digital printing. The problems came in with new management on 2014. Morale went down and people were treated like machines. Work/ life balance is non existent too. We were on rotating 12 hour days towards the end and we weren’t allowed to have chairs to sit down in our department. It’s gotten worse since I left.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Bad morale
Productive, fast-paced and rewarding environment.
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILAugust 17, 2018
At RR Donnelley, I had an opportunity to develop my skills as a strategic business partner to my client VPs and C-level executives. I became involved with Organization HR Reviews, succession planning, retention planning, career development, training, serving as HR Manager for a remote location, etc. The most enjoyable part of this job was knowing I was contributing to the business objectives and strategies of my clients.
Pros
Opportunity to knowledge in a variety of new areas.
Cons
Not much consideration for work/life balance.
Excellent place to work, I would go back
CSR III (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 17, 2018
I came in to work and there was always something, some project to keep you busy. The people I worked with kept it lively and fun. Management was reasonable and looked for ways to keep you motivated. The hardest part of the job came down to the end of the year billing but even that wasn't hard, just tedious. I would definitely go back if I had the chance.
The atmosphere was smooth, everybody had things they could be doing, so we stayed busy with enough hrs for everyone.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INAugust 16, 2018
Working at Donnellys i had a nice time working there in a safe friendly zone environment. Although, there were some days better than others but never took long to get over the bad. They do provide you with plenty of work but if not then you can simply ask or ask a fellow co-worker if they would like to trade days or pick up a few more hrs by covering a shift on their day off. RR Donnelly is a good company to work for and would recommend to anybody.
Pros
They give you enough hrs plus more if wanted
Cons
N/a
Learning Experience
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2018
I worked for RR Donnelley for a year in a half, saw a lot of changes and learned a lot of what not to do in a position such as this. This was my first inside sales job and it was a fun,exciting but also stressful experience. Seeing as this was a start up with in the company there were a lot of changes and very hard to know the direction the company was going in. After being there 9 months a lot of people began to quit and management began to leave as well. I overall had a pretty bad experience with sales here because there was no real training program to help coach and develop.
Pros
Gym on site
Cons
No Structure, negative environment, bad management
Commitment to quality wasn't always there
Shipping/Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TNAugust 14, 2018
Always sweating to meet deadlines, print quality always had to be double checked and just too much work for too few printers. Reprints were common. Did a lot of extra work on the back end to ship an acceptable product.
Pros
Consistent schedule
Cons
Lack of coordination between departments
not very
Warehouse Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INAugust 13, 2018
The opportunities there were few and far between, management had no control of their workers. it was un professional and dirty at times.
I suggest not to work there, due to management
Pros
not very good
Mediocre Management- Poor Leadership Nepotism is Rife Elk Grove.
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2018
You are expected to be available for work anytime during shift meaning most days, there are no lunches or breaks allowed.

Training is non-existent for most areas, so even the technical areas underperform due to lack of training.

Equipment is barely maintained and even dangerous to operate.
Little to no funding is invested in maintenance.

No vacation for basic workers unless said worker provides someone to work in his or her place. (Politics are a big hinderance to days off.)
Pros
VERY busy at times. No time for boredom
Cons
Nepotism impedes business and operations. No raises for years.
Well-established company
Composition Specialist - Workflow (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 13, 2018
Working in the Composition department can be stressful at times, but is also rewarding. Co-workers are excellent workers who care about what they do and the supervisor is top-rate. Advancement is possible, but not necessarily easy.
Productive work place
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INAugust 9, 2018
Good place to work good people .steady pace got to be focus and aware of your sounding.good management friendly people great breaks easy work if you aplly yourself and pay attention.
Fun and relaxed environment
wearhouse worker (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAAugust 9, 2018
Fun work environment very slow paced I would use a lot of paiting equipment as well, I would clean around all stations, made sure all trash were emptied I would also help around with other stations whenever people needed help
Dishonest and unethical workplace
Legal Proofreader (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 8, 2018
Expectations were not clearly articulated to employees. RR Donnelley managers operate unethically and lied on a number of occasions. Do not work here.
Pros
Allowed employees to take breaks at own pace.
Cons
Unprofessional and unethical behavior from management
R R Donnelley
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Williamston, MIAugust 8, 2018
Well i believe this company could be a lot better, they made promises and didnt fulfill them. They also took my raise and i never even had a write up or anything there.
Cons
Healthcare, pay, benefits
Average
Insert Operator/Post Press (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 8, 2018
Decent place to work for younger people. Fast paced environment and easy. Overtime is forced and also available weekdays and weekends due to understaff
Pros
Paid lunch. Breaks.
Cons
Health benefits. Forced Overtime due to understaff.
Stressful expect Overtime
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Monroe, WI 53566August 7, 2018
You do have the possibility to choose your “normal” working hours (within reason) but you’re pretty much expected to work overtime no matter what. The work is task based so if you don’t get your tasks done within your normal 8 hours you’ll have to leave work unfinished or work overtime.
Pros
Sometimes allowed to work from home.
Cons
No work-life balance
Unknown changes are forthcoming
Logistics (Current Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 6, 2018
A great stepping stone for learning a very diverse and ever changing logistics industry. Multiple commodity learning with new initiatives. Compensation and benefits need to be improved.
Fast pace, and stressful
Production Assistant skills trainer (Former Employee) –  WisconsinAugust 6, 2018
Be prepared to be forced to work alot of the time. Hard to plan anything in life when your at work for most of it. Managers never new how to answer questions without having to get back to you.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks
Cons
Hours.
high turn over
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INAugust 6, 2018
not enough care put into the employees creating negative environment throughout facility, not given the supplies necessary to help team succeed so set up for failure, simply budgeting for more tape guns for example would even make a great difference but time after time order request were rejected for something so simple but expected to be used by employees at a warehouse, right? poor understanding of what is needed to make the work flow.
unhappy
Inventory/QC Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 6, 2018
I will never work for the location ever again. only a 20 minute lunch and a 10 minute break. the managers do not care about you in anyway. might be the worst place I ever worked at.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RR Donnelley. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

62out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at RR Donnelley.

Powered by Comparably