RS&H Employee Reviews

Overall good company to work for
Senior Architect / Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 5, 2018
This company is very good in terms of overall flexibility of work/life balance. Opportunities for advancement are available. Leadership structure is pretty clear and delineated. However, there needs to be better direction and investment in mentoring, training, and valuing associates on a regular basis. There needs to be a greater emphasis on developing a company culture throughout all satellite offices. Overall, this is a good place to work with competitive salaries and benefits.
Pros
Benefits and work flexibility
Cons
Lack of investment in associates, Corporate "Bottom-Line" mentality
A great environment to work
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLApril 27, 2018
I really enjoyed my time with RS&H. I did learn a lot form the industry. The only reason that I left RS&H was because I could not sell my house, and my little son was ready for the VPK. We did have 2 sons were in school at the time.
Long term company
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 1, 2018
This company has long term employees. If someone leaves it's usually due to a higher salary or advanced title at another firm.

Their sick leave is the best in the industry. Most people have doctor and dentist appointments so the leave is allowed for that as well.
Pros
Great people, training, paid tuition.
Cons
Competition for billable hours.
Great Workplace
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 31, 2018
employees come first - great office space - keep staff trained in the latest and greatest - collaborative workspace - innovative projects - good upper management
Amazing role as in house consultant
Transportation Analyst/Associate (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 22, 2017
RS&H is a great place to work. I served as an in-house consultant to one of our clients and was tasked with a few projects that were challenging but provided great experience. I would recommend it to anyone looking for employment in the A/E/C industry.
Excellent Company
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 31, 2017
RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility and infrastructure projects for land, air, and space. We are committed to bringing extraordinary solutions to our clients through the promise of imagination, ingenuity, and innovation. With a tradition of excellence that began in 1941, we are consistently ranked among the nation's top 100 design firms. We attribute our success to an unwavering commitment to our core values of: integrity, quality service, business success and valuing associates.
A Great Place to Work
Accounting Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 6, 2017
RS&H, Inc. is a facilities and infrastructure consulting firm. As a member of the financial accounting team, I found the work fast-paced, challenging, and rewarding.
Pros
A great place to work
Cons
Limited room for advacement
Its a good place to work. Aviation is a really small field, so if you become extremely knowledgeable at it, you will have great job security
Airfield Civil Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 7, 2016
Overall great company to work for. They seem to value there associates and you see that daily. Plus aviation is an awesome field.
Good work environment
Legal Administrator/Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 5, 2016
The work was challenging and the work environment was fairly comfortable. I was responsible for some on the firm's administrative work as well as back up for the attorney's dictation.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
strange staff members creating uncomfortable environment
RS&H strives to be the Employer of Choice
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 22, 2016
One of RS&H's core values is Valuing Associates, and the company strives to keep its employees happy and hardworking. Although it's a mid-size, RS&H has a small-company feel with the resources of a major large-size enterprise. Both upper and middle management works hard to listen to the associates, and works hard to provide a challenging and rewarding career. The company is well-respected by its competitors and industry.

With it's latest management changes, RS&H is on the verge of major growth. RS&H needs more hardworking, innovative, and creative talent to join the team.
A good company to work for
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 25, 2016
This is a good company to work for, but keep the resume up to date because there is a lack of job security for anyone throughout the company when times get rough.
Strugging to define path forward
professional (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 10, 2016
such an easy company to work for. low demand on one's time but they struggle to define a growth strategy, operating as a small company and can't change direction.
great people in general, but not moving forward
working in contractors job
Technician Designer (Former Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLDecember 14, 2015
Great team to work with! When the project I worked on was finished the job was done.
Work was great and learned from other on the team.
Pros
good hours
Cons
short time, did notlike the drive
Intresting work, learn a lot.
CADD TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLFebruary 1, 2014
Dependent on contracts from NASA.
Overstaffing results in lay offs.
Late night food delivery for weekends and overtime work to keep you going
Pro Engineer Modeler, Designer, Technician II (Former Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLJune 26, 2013
Every week starts with a kick off meeting for weekly plans every monday morning. This is also a kind of weekly attendance and evaluation time period as well as a time for awards or rewards if any be due. Everyone explains their plans or projects for the day and if someone is available, now is the time to say it. Once logged in, work on your system until lunch. It is easy to walk around and talk with others to get help if needed. A code word announcement is made symbolizing the need to take a break prior to lunch and to head to circle K for a snack. Then back to work until lunch. An hour later you continue working until the bell rings. I find this a great setup. In overtime situations however you could be there as much as your body allows in order to meed a deadline. This somehow is even more challenging and exciting of a time.

This job taught me how to deal better with different types of personality types. It was a constant reminder of why the Meyers Briggs test is used in business environments.

Management is not well defined and typically I saw many cooks in the kitchen. But past all the chiefs there were not many indians. This is why I believe the quantity on student interns always remains high and they have no committment to hiring after they have gotten what they needed from you. I passed on the space center for this position believing it would have greater job security. oops.

The hardest part of the job is knowing your place and that even though you eat lunch with the VP every day...you are still just a CAD intern with no weight on decisions.

The most enjoyable
  more... part of the job is seeing the product of your efforts completed and the joy of accomplishment that follows.  less
Pros
You get tons of hands on experience with CAD and quality benefits
Cons
The experience was too light on improving engineering analysis skills
Enjoyable co-workers with a close working relationship.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 5, 2013
Great working relationships with co-workers. Environment fosters interdiscipline collaboration.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
limited office amenities/common space
Productive workplace and friendly people working there
Mechanical Engineering Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 19, 2012
Productive workplace and friendly people working there,
Free lunches, good benefits, friendly people,
Work determined by construction industry which has been slow because of economy
Pros
free lunches, good benefits, friendly people
Cons
work determined by construction industry

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RS&H. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight