RSM Employee Reviews

Public Accounting
Manager - Lead Tax (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2018
RSM is just like all other public accounting firms. I've worked in Big 4 and there isn't a huge difference. Long hours, challenging work, good compensation.
The promotion is not based on merit
Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2018
This firm did not value the hard work. The promotion is based on your relationship with the supervisor, not based on merit. I worked at this firm for more than 6 years, never had any bonus, no promotion.
Underpaid for Service
Senior Assurance Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2018
I enjoy working at RSM, however it takes roughly 6 years before you see much of a pay increase. During busy season you work ~70 hours per week with the summers slowing down significantly, however the pay doesn't meet the expectations.
Pros
Management, Team Oriented
Cons
Work-Life Balance
Great People - Great Company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 11, 2018
My time at RSM has been excellent - great pay and benefits, excellent coworkers, and challenging work. The company made up for the time spent traveling by offering plenty of time off and opportunities to work remotely. With that being said, the job did come with some challenges- a lack of lateral mobility and new opportunities. Overall, it has been an excellent experience.
Pros
Challenging work, great co-workers, excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Lack of lateral mobility and new opportunities
Great First Job
Associate - Risk Advisory Services (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 8, 2018
My first job was at RSM and I was exposed to a wide variety of clients. I learned a lot about different clients and the complex environments that they have. Therefore, I became more well-verse in the market and would be able to provide expert guidance.
I prefer not to answer
Partner, Healthcare Advisory Services (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 7, 2018
Consulting can be a very rewarding career choice if you are willing to put in the time, especially to contribute to profitable growth within your practice area or in other parts of the organization.
Retrospectively, I should never have left.
RSM is an amazing company wth great values
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 2, 2018
They had a real family atmosphere and valued family time. They encouraged employees to participate in community outreach activities and had a strong core value regarding helping others
RSM McGladrey
Senior Loan Review Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 31, 2018
I worked as an independent contractor for RSM McGladrey prior to their absorption into McGladrey. In this role I was able to travel to client locations across the county for audits and due diligence projects. The compensation was superior. Some of the salaried lead people were the best supervisors that I ever had.
Pros
Travel, interesting work, situations and people
Cons
Anywhere you went you were in a conference room with a laptop all day
Great place to work...and grow
Learning and Talent Systems Lead (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 30, 2018
One of the best jobs I have ever had/will ever have. Great culture. Company involved in multiple community initiatives. Pay is competitive. Management pushes you to be better than you thought you could be. Systems are in place for each employee to own their future/career. Highly recommend.
Run, do not walk, as far away from this company as you can
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 26, 2018
Turnover rate is about 63%, just to give you an indication of how well they treat their employees. Leadership does not care about people, at all. They will chew you up, and spit you out. The entire HR department is led by people who will destroy you if you voice concerns over policies or procedures. It's like a mean girls club, except with middle-aged women. It's awful!
Pros
Flexible working environment
Cons
Awful leadership across the entire organization
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 18, 2018
Work hard play hard, mangement is supportive as long as your under the right manager. If you dont like something speak up, you will be heard, move to another division until your happy.
Pros
Work remotely
Cons
Work even longer hours
ok starter job
Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INJuly 17, 2018
This was a great first job out of college. there were lots of trainings and learning opportunities. however, you are definitely made to feel like a grunt worker.
Rsm
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  RSMJuly 13, 2018
Great company to work for (Outside of the Big 4). You get out of it what you put in. High performers are rewarded with promotions and good challenging work. If you do not make yourself known, you will not get far.
Overloaded with work
Finance and Accounting Associate (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJuly 2, 2018
It depends on what team and what personalities you have. There are lots of flexibility but it is double-edge sword. Lots of times that you have lots of work to do.
Good firm
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 27, 2018
I was satisfied with my work recompensation during my time there. Things changed over the years with management, Regardless it was fair while I was there.
Great
Senior Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 25, 2018
Great fantastic amazing. Best place I have ever worked. Hated to leave had great benefits and fun staff. Great amazing and great great great great great
Great Experience
Financial Services Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 25, 2018
RSM was a great place to work. Involved partners, opportunity for staff to be exposed to areas Big4 probably would not, great culture. Salary/compensation not great but not terrible
Workplace Culture
Assurance Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 12, 2018
There is a great feedback system in place to consistently learn and develop skills. You gain exposure to everyone in the firm, from your in-charge to the partner, and are encouraged to ask questions.
Collaborative culture
Associate (Former Employee) –  LondonJune 8, 2018
RSM is a company where people are open, collaborative and willing to develop on a personal level. The work life balance is good, and there is a diverse culture.
NASC Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 7, 2018
RSM was very helpful to my career and really worked with my schedule since I was still in school. It helped me develop my accountings skills as well as build long lasting relationships with co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RSM. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.