RSM Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Enjoyed working there.
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 15, 2018
Processed payroll for some chain restaurants such as Burger King, Culvers and Red
Robin using Great Plains accounting software. Received payroll data from the clients,
confirmed pay rates and hours worked, entered data into accounting software, built
and calculated checks, validated data using Crystal Reports, and printed checks. After
checks were printed, amounts were posted to the general ledger and a check register
report and state tax register were compared against the trial balance. After withholding
amounts were verified, they were entered in an Excel spreadsheet for historical
tracking. Answered questions and resolved issues related to payroll, accounting and
employment verification. Worked and communicated with other team members to
process all payroll accounts efficiently.
good firm with a lot of good people
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 11, 2018
Appreciate the firm's commitment to continuous improvement and collaboration.. The culture is generally forward-thinking, and for a firm of its size, I'd say there's a fair amount of entrepreneurial spirit.
Great Environment
Lead Tax Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 10, 2018
As a tax preparer you will normally analyze client financial statements and communicate with team members on a frequent basis. As a tax preparer, I have learned how to make tax elections that would help businesses grow into the future with confidence. Everyone is friendly and professional, which creates a great learning environment. The hardest part of the job is the management of multiple projects during tax deadlines. Working together with other professionals is the most enjoyable part of the job, in my opinion.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Busy season is demanding
Productive work
Mathematics Tutor (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 10, 2018
This is very good place for work and study more and more.
I am happy to be a part of this team and I appreciate for these opportunities. Everybody helps you if you need it.
Overall great place to work
Senior/Supervisor Accountant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNMay 10, 2018
Overall great place to work; variety of tasks; have learned a great deal; the hardest part of the job is work/life balance especially during busy season; most enjoyable part of the job is working with various small-to-mid sized businesses with their accounting and financial needs.
Productive and respectful place to work
Sr. Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 9, 2018
Great place to work. Stressful from December to April, but then it evens out. People are fair and innovative in trying to find new ways to keep employees engaged and happy.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
lack of career path
Great place to preform and grow
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 7, 2018
Loved working for T-Mobile. I was with them for 6 years and grew so much with them as company. One of the most fun and culturally approved lifestyles I have ever had the fortune of working with/for.
Great beneftis
Senior Administrative Professional (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 27, 2018
Great benefits, a lot of office politics, lack of communication between departments, great community service, management is approachable, learned a lot.
Awesome. Great place to get your career going.
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 19, 2018
- Loved working here
- Great system in place for advancement
- Great opportunities for continuing education
- Yearly opportunities for raises, bonuses, and promotions
- Great people/coworkers/leaders
Great Place
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 9, 2018
Great place to work. Some points that would have made it better would be if staff would have been more willing to work as a team to help when others were busy. Otherwise it was a great place to work. Yes, they do have a ping pong table. It had its pros and cons as it was distracting when people where playing while others were swamped.
Pros
Ping Pong Table
Cons
Ping Pong Table

Want to know more about RSM?

Ask a question
Sr. Tax Admin
Internal Client Server/ Sr Tax Admin (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 7, 2018
My work day would very depending on the work load and deadlines. I learned a lot in RSM both team work and business related issues. I work side by side with our management and it was a very full filling experience. The workplace culture is very much corporate but at the same time felt like family in our tax team! The hardest part of my job i would have to say busy season; some clients had different deadlines than others and it would interfere with my regular routine to process the returns. My favorite part of my job was when busy season was over and the whole team finalized every tax return by our designated deadlines. It reflected on how well tuned the team work together to complete all the returns on time.
Pros
Free lunches, benefits, community service opportunities
Cons
Long hours during busy season and some weekend hours too
Great Public Accounting Firm
Tax Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2018
RSM is a great place to begin your accounting career. The culture is entrepreneurial but at the same time laid back. The partners want to see you succeed.
Great place to work! Wonderful people! My experience was very rewarding.
Senior Finance Analyst / Finance Lead Person (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 17, 2018
I was responsible for providing advanced level accounting and finance support to various departments This included the preparation of forecast, financial reports, reconciliations and financial analysis as well as supervision of the Accounts Payable functions for the local office and local office Finance Lead person.

I had a great hands on learning experience. The management and workplace culture was very unique and created a happy, interactive and respectful environment that promoted excellence. The hardest part of the job was to ensure that I continuously find ways to raise the level of customer service in my timely and efficient responses to the increased volume of requests and inquires.

The most enjoyable and rewarding part of my job was being able to effectively respond to and fulfill the requirements of my position while providing excellent internal client and vendor services to all.

I would strongly recommend this company as one of the best places to work.
Pros
Social Club, Charitable, Free snacks, Company get together, Appreciation gestures to employees
Cons
Great Benefits and incentives
Audit Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 17, 2018
Great place to work, gives you the opportunity to take ownership of your work life balance and career path overall. I would absolutely recommend this company to other accountants.
Great Internship
Assurance Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 16, 2018
Very good place to work/have an internship. The people are great and the firm really promotes growth and teamwork. A lot of good exit opportunities. Would absolutely recommend.
Pros
The people
Good Place to work
Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 11, 2018
Good environment and good people to work with. I have learned a lot from that job and have created a lot of good relationships because of it. I would recommend to start your career there
Company acquired my division from Ceridian
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 9, 2018
The company was basically a start up with poor technology that they bought from Ceridian and then later sold to ADP. The earning potential just was not there.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 8, 2018
Team oriented culture, better work-life balance than most accounting firms. Above average pay and good benefits.

Hardest part of the job is 70% travel and lack of routine. Day to day can be very different. Some time is spent in the office, and a significant amount of time is spent at client sites.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people - I enjoyed working with every member of my team at this company.
Pros
Free meals during busy season, travel points, exposure to senior management at the associate level, on the job education.
Cons
work-life balance, no routine, demanding work environment.
Good
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 27, 2018
Good firm to begin your career with

Good culture

team work

learning opportunities

okay pay
good benefits

Good clients

okay work life balance

good benefits
Not the best place to work.
Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 27, 2018
The manager I was given when I transferred offices was new to his position, and provided no support. Since I was older and had children I was viewed differently and in a negative light.