RSM Employee Reviews

Being a temp office assistant
Temp Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2019
It was fast paced, did a lot of small odd jobs that were easy for like the holidays or someones birthday. Had easy jobs like refilling coffee machines on all 3 floors. getting and delivering mail. delivering scanned 1040's and such. lunchtime was nice, company ordered food for employees a lot. also free drinks helped with morale!
Pros
free lunches. free drinks
Cons
some people were unfriendly
Fantastic place to work!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 8, 2019
I would highly recommend RSM. The pay is decent as well as the benefits. Best job culture I've ever experienced. Everyone is very friendly and they work with you to achieve your goals.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, People, Culture
Cons
Lack of advancement for my possition.
Not Even Given My Contractual Chance
Level 1 IT Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAFebruary 28, 2019
I was hired as a contractor for 6 months with an opportunity to be hired on later. I was terminated after 4 months, not even given my full chance to prove myself.
Cons
Discouraged from asking questions, plus oddly they don't provide napkins in their break rooms.
Felt valued
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 26, 2019
As an administrative assistant I felt I was valued by my peers and superiors. I wasn't looked at as any less of a person because I was an assistant and not a tax professional.
Pros
Overall decent place to work
Wonderful firm to start your CPA career
AUDIT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAFebruary 25, 2019
Great public accounting firm, I learnt so much and met great people while working at RSM. I developed both professionally and personally while at RSM. I would highly recommend this firm.
Pros
Great opportunity for advancement
Cons
work life balance
International tax consulting
International Tax Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 25, 2019
Consulting on international tax involving IP, M&a, some compliance and provision review, answer ad hoc questions. Mentoring junior staff not in the ITAX group, etc.
Good coworkers but the hours and commute became too stressful
Director Tax Services (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAFebruary 22, 2019
It became a job that required too many hours, often late into the evening and weekends. The most enjoyable was flexibility with day to day hours and the ability to sometimes work from home.
Pros
See above
Cons
See above
Ok Job
Telecom Analyst (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAFebruary 22, 2019
Great in the start but the longer you stay the more over work you get. Once you have a target on you its just a matter of time before you sink. Friendly people for the most part.
Pros
Work from Home
Disappointing experience
Associate (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 7, 2019
This firm should be a great place to work, but the partners in charge act like lords on a plantation. Associates mean nothing to them. We are just generating more money for the partners pockets. And they are never satisfied. However many hours you work, it is never enough.
Pros
Great benfits
Cons
Horrible work environment
Overall
Sr. IT Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 20, 2019
RSM is a very structured environment. Work is highly measured, which is the reason they are able to promote and allow people to move within the company.
Pros
great kitchen onsite
Not Applicable
Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 16, 2019
Turnover rate is about 63%, just to give you an indication of how well they treat their employees. Leadership does not care about people, at all. They will chew you up, and spit you out. The entire HR department is led by people who will destroy you if you voice concerns over policies or procedures. It's like a mean girls club, except with middle-aged women. It's awful!
One of Big 5 Accounting Firms
Associate - Tax Services (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 7, 2019
This was my first job out of college and learned a lot. I only left because I was offered a unique opportunity with a hedge fund. Management was demanding but that is the way it is in most accunting firms. If you get your job done everything is great.
Pros
Opportunities to learn
Cons
Hours
Good Company
Senior Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJanuary 6, 2019
I worked at this company a long time ago so I have no specific comments or anything to review for the company. No comments to pass along to anyone or the public.
Career jump starter
Management Consultant Fin & Acct Sr Associate (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 6, 2019
Great place to work if you are a CPA starting out. Good foundation company to test skills and gain working knowledge first hand for taxes. Fun environment.
Enjoy the flexibility.
Contract Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 27, 2018
I really enjoy the flexibility with this job, I can work remotely from another state so I can go visit my family more often. I enjoy the culture as well and it is a very team oriented environment.
Pros
Flexibile, laid back, friendly atmosphere
You get what you give
Senior Technology Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 13, 2018
Nobody should be shocked that public accounting is demanding. I went in expecting to work with smart people and learn something new every single day. And I did.

I am happy I started my career with RSM. Wouldn't change a thing.
Rsm
Tax Associate (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 28, 2018
RSM is exploding in client growth and appears to be seeking to hire as many qualified people they can. It is an especially good place to start your career as they have national resources but are tied closely to their regional clients in the mid-market range - which range serves to focus all the firm does.
Fun, personable people, team oriented.
Office Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 26, 2018
Wonderful company to work for and awesome people. I always looked forward to going to work, except for the long drive and being so far from my children.
Pros
Great company. Family oriented.
Cons
Too far from home and children. No always room to grow.
Productive, culturally inclusive and supportive work culture
Learning Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 11, 2018
RSM values their employees more than anywhere else I have worked. They want to see their employees not only succeed at work but succeed at life and support passions outside of work and do volunteer work in their community. It is by far the best place I have ever worked and the only reason I am not working their now is because I had to relocate. I will be actively looking for RSM opportunities in LA as I genuinely love the company and culture.
Pros
Supportive teams, great break rooms, plenty of coordination between departments
Cons
Can be challenging work but always have support
Work environment is not very accomodating
Senior Associate - Tax Services (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAOctober 24, 2018
The workplace culture is very dull. We do not have anything that really sets us apart from any other working environment. Very few work functions to keep employees happy. They rely on compensation and benefits to keep workers happy.
Pros
Healthcare, flexible schedule outside of tax season
Cons
Very long work days with little incentive during tax season

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RSM. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight