RST Global Solutions Employee Reviews

Horrible Experience-Bad company
Course Developer (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJanuary 6, 2019
If this company is still in business in a year, I would be shocked. They do not care about their employees, their reputation, or their responsibilities.

You will be treated poorly. Management is completely incompetent and repeatedly picks the worst solution to problems. Management does not have the experience to recognize their shortcomings and refuses to admit wrongdoing.

They know more than you and you're wrong (even though they have no idea what they are doing.)

If you can't get the little things right around the office, what hope do you have for fixing the big problems? Office environment is that of a hoarding hamster-junk everywhere.

PASS UP THIS GIG UNLESS YOU ARE GOING TO STARVE.
Pros
Living indoors
Cons
Everything else
Flexible working
General Manager N/A Operations (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXDecember 17, 2018
Difficult to work with the leadership of the company. Most are underpaid and you get what you pay for. Turn around is high, quality of replacements is poor.
Pros
Flexible Working
Cons
Everything else
bad management
HSE/ Crane Trainer (Current Employee) –  offshoreDecember 25, 2017
greedy company, no benefits and very low salaries. the company is run like a garage sale and the trainers are used like disposable tools.
the company hires too many trainers to satisfy customers but most would stay at home for very long periods of time standing by with no pay and once called for work they are required to be offshore for 3 months or so
Work on your own schedule
Safety Trainer/Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJuly 28, 2017
Working at RST Global Solutions is a hard place to work if you do not want to travel. You get to see many places traveling the world for work and meet many different people. There is a lot of paper work that can be confusing but many people are willing to help you while you are on a job site.
Good experience
Certificates Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TX 77477June 12, 2017
I think I gained good experience here and I appreciate the chance to stay for as long as I did. Hours were normal for my position. Nothing out of the ordinary was asked of me, just to help in positions other than my own because there were so few people in the company to begin with. The boss can be difficult. But overall it was a good job and the people were fine to work with.
Pros
Relaxed at most times, leinient with days off
Cons
Stressful boss
Greed is their Motto
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMay 6, 2017
They will lower your day rate and abuse you. Then they will send you home and make you wait because they can get somebody cheaper.

No loyalty to their people whatsoever. You can make more money working nights at a convenience store or delivering pizzas on the side in the long run. I had to take out a personal loan to survive the two years I worked with them.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Many hours of travel followed by being locked up add a land rig site or on a ship
Global safety training specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasSeptember 24, 2016
The average flight to most of the jobs was 14 hours and this took place in steerage there were no business class flights authorized. The places we talked classes were in turmoil, Kazakhstan, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Rio de Janeiro, Singapore. Once we got to the site we were secluded to the drilling site or the boat that we were on.
Pros
The pay was excellent
Cons
Long hours of flight 14 to 16 hours, with possible layovers of up to 10 hours.
High paced and exciting company
Instructor (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 15, 2015
Good company to work for. Constantly learning new things and meeting new people. Lots of travel and ability to see the world.

A typical day is about 14 hours long and involves teaching safety. Lots of work to do and reports to write. Great interaction with the trainees.

The hardest part of the job is the initial consultation with the OIM and setting the schedule.
Exceptional place to work
Administrative Assistant/ Training Center (Former Employee) –  Sugarland TXJune 10, 2015
Emails prioritized day , met with department heads , learned a lot of new things regrading industry , I had the Greatest Co Workers , and General Manger around , They were really Great With People and taking care of everyone, in the office . was when your a small company with not enough help to get every done . the things i learned has helped me decide that i want to go back to school and advance my skills . was feeling very productive and accomplished very day .
Pros
Great working enviorment, advancemet oppertuities
Cons
Health care, sick days PTO Time
Enthusiastic work enviroment
Course Developer (Current Employee) –  Sugarland, TexasSeptember 16, 2013
Great company to work for recent college graduates. You learn along the way.