RTC Aerospace Employee Reviews

Machinist (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAFebruary 28, 2019
Great company to learn from. You work hard but there are rewards. The negative is that management has changed a lot but I believe we are changing for the good.
Not so good to work for...
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAJanuary 19, 2019
Employees are mostly Hispanic. They do not like others. Falsely complaint about others so that management terminate non Hispanic. Some Mexican do not like other hispanic either. Poor quality culture is established. Wrong people get credit. Morale is good for some bad,for the others. Cut throat scenario is implemented. New employees are under pressure from other older employees and management alike.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Unqulified people get promotions by kissing the bosses.
productive
Prodution Flow Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fife, WADecember 20, 2018
all about spindle utilization. people are okay. could be better at training their employees. rtc aerospace is a fine company over all. would recomend to others.
Pros
benifits
Cons
managment
Chaotic and Unreasonable
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CANovember 9, 2018
Inspection was always beaten up to hurry with parts and first articles. We were never allowed to do our job properly. the management staff always changed, came and went all the time. We never had a chance to move up or even considered - bad pay

CEO and management is hurting the business bad, HR does not help the employee.
Pros
Cons
Corporate HR is not on the employees side
the line manager and co workers are good. Upper management and HR department caustic
Worker (Current Employee) –  Fife, WAMarch 2, 2018
i enjoy working on the floor. there is constant belittling, back stabbing and a culture of protecting upper management and the HR department.
unless you enjoy bowing down and being subservient to management go ahead and work here.
Pros
lots of work but very disorganised
Cons
politics, politics, politics
Vice President Operational Excellence (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAFebruary 21, 2018
RTC Aerospace is a great place to work. I have learned a lot from the team and continue to be pushed in new and exiting directions.

The company has helped me gain more knowledge and experience with both military and commercial aspects of aerospace.
Everything (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAFebruary 15, 2018
Great company to work for! Lots of benefits medical, dental, vision, 401k ect.. I have had great managers through the years I have worked here. Lots of changes but change is good. The HR dept takes time to listen to the employee and help when possible. There is room for you to grow in this company. The employees and staff is a good vibe to be around, some managers can be a bit more strict.
Pros
Lots
Great Place to work
RockStar (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAFebruary 13, 2018
My manager was a great mentor, All my peers were great to work with. Not a bad place to work,They have given me many opportunities for advancement, as well as paid for me to earn my degree. Good people, good benefits. Awesome boss, great management and HR Team!
Pros
Lots
Cons
Managment earns well while the workers earn little.
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAJanuary 31, 2018
The good things here are that you will get paid weekly, the benefits are pretty good (long and short term disability, medical, dental, vision and 401k) apprentice program. However the apprentice program offered only goes to family members of office and management personell even when they do the annual application the only position goes to a relative. The shop environment leaves room for improvement the foremen in both departments talk to their employees like children and there is an obvious clique that gets preferential treatment. But if you need a job and can ignore the shop politics the position will suffice.
Benefits
Cons
Nepotism and lack of advancement
poor upper management
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Fife, WAOctober 31, 2017
great staff but upper management doesn't really care about the workers. The HR department is very tough to deal with.

there is a clique that you must be in, if your not..don't expect to rise in the company. there are many things that are wrong. i love this company but i wish the president would wake up and protect us from the one department that is supposed too!
Pros
steady work, honest wages
Cons
HR department
friendly family.
Accounts Payable/Order Entry/QC Plans (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAOctober 3, 2017
order entry, job folders, payable entry, cutting checks filing QC folders. Making cell folders with blue prints and another for manager. Photo coping files and reports.
Pros
good bonus at the end of the year
Cons
in bad neighborhood
Sad
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAAugust 7, 2017
Very low moral and everyone complains about the place.
Could use a fresh coat of paint.
Need more team bonding/building exercises.
A Kaizen team would work wonders.
fellow employees made it enjoyable to go to work
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMarch 25, 2017
I was overseeing a project that we fininshed in October then I was in charge of shipping and recieving plus inspection of parts before shipment and ran errands as perscribed
Pros
fellow eployees and ability to do things my way
Cons
work was slow sometimes so spent tim e repeatedly cleaning

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RTC Aerospace. Our community is ready to answer.

RTC Aerospace Reviews by Location