RTC Aerospace Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Fife, WAJuly 31, 2018
Great place to work. I started as an entry level employee and have been given opportunities to advance my career. My manager has mentored me into a skilled worker. I have read some of the reviews about management and am surprised. The HR Dir has been a great resource for me. The management team listens to the needs of the shop floor and sometimes goes the extra mile and alters their decisions to meet our requests. The shop floor is my family and I am grateful our GM was once a machinist and understand the shop floor and how to treat others.
Pros
the line manager and co workers are good. Upper management and HR department caustic
Worker (Current Employee) –  Fife, WAMarch 2, 2018
i enjoy working on the floor. there is constant belittling, back stabbing and a culture of protecting upper management and the HR department.
unless you enjoy bowing down and being subservient to management go ahead and work here.
Pros
lots of work but very disorganised
Cons
politics, politics, politics
Vice President Operational Excellence (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAFebruary 21, 2018
RTC Aerospace is a great place to work. I have learned a lot from the team and continue to be pushed in new and exiting directions.

The company has helped me gain more knowledge and experience with both military and commercial aspects of aerospace.
Everything (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAFebruary 15, 2018
Great company to work for! Lots of benefits medical, dental, vision, 401k ect.. I have had great managers through the years I have worked here. Lots of changes but change is good. The HR dept takes time to listen to the employee and help when possible. There is room for you to grow in this company. The employees and staff is a good vibe to be around, some managers can be a bit more strict.
Pros
Lots
Great Place to work
RockStar (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAFebruary 13, 2018
My manager was a great mentor, All my peers were great to work with. Not a bad place to work,They have given me many opportunities for advancement, as well as paid for me to earn my degree. Good people, good benefits. Awesome boss, great management and HR Team!
Pros
Lots
Cons
Managment earns well while the workers earn little.
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAJanuary 31, 2018
The good things here are that you will get paid weekly, the benefits are pretty good (long and short term disability, medical, dental, vision and 401k) apprentice program. However the apprentice program offered only goes to family members of office and management personell even when they do the annual application the only position goes to a relative. The shop environment leaves room for improvement the foremen in both departments talk to their employees like children and there is an obvious clique that gets preferential treatment. But if you need a job and can ignore the shop politics the position will suffice.
Benefits
Cons
Nepotism and lack of advancement
poor upper management
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Fife, WAOctober 31, 2017
great staff but upper management doesn't really care about the workers. The HR department is very tough to deal with.

there is a clique that you must be in, if your not..don't expect to rise in the company. there are many things that are wrong. i love this company but i wish the president would wake up and protect us from the one department that is supposed too!
Pros
steady work, honest wages
Cons
HR department
friendly family.
Accounts Payable/Order Entry/QC Plans (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAOctober 3, 2017
order entry, job folders, payable entry, cutting checks filing QC folders. Making cell folders with blue prints and another for manager. Photo coping files and reports.
Pros
good bonus at the end of the year
Cons
in bad neighborhood
Sad
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAAugust 7, 2017
Very low moral and everyone complains about the place.
Could use a fresh coat of paint.
Need more team bonding/building exercises.
A Kaizen team would work wonders.
fellow employees made it enjoyable to go to work
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMarch 25, 2017
I was overseeing a project that we fininshed in October then I was in charge of shipping and recieving plus inspection of parts before shipment and ran errands as perscribed
Pros
fellow eployees and ability to do things my way
Cons
work was slow sometimes so spent tim e repeatedly cleaning

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RTC Aerospace. Our community is ready to answer.

RTC Aerospace Reviews by Location