RTI International Employee Reviews

Guidelines are not for your benefit
DSC (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 23, 2019
The qualifications that are set are not fair to the employees and the supervisors use that as an advantage instead helping people it hurts you. It is not recommended
Negative extreme micro management environment bias workplace unless culture is Hispanic
Data Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 19, 2019
Extreme micro management. Negative work place culture Clicks . Inconsiderate of employees needs. Some projects have good pay and long temp assignments .
Pros
Cons
Racism towards Negroes, negative atmosphere
Great supervisor
Field Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 18, 2019
It starts with great support from supervisors and I love what I do and get paid good flexibility great and you get to get in person paid training as well as mileage reimbursement
Pros
Flexible schedule great support good pay
Cons
No set schedule
Do not recommend
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMay 10, 2019
Disorganized, poor communication!! Difficult to get in touch with appropriate person/department. Couldn’t get concrete answers . My equipment failed which put me “under investigation” which was not communicates to me!! Lost 2 weeks of work due to this and would not compensate me. Couldn’t work without my equipment....
Managment Driven By Numbers not Employees
Data Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 7, 2019
This job is boring and tedious and a time killer. The paycheck is measely. 8 hours a day spent making outbound calls to conduct surveys. The rules were overwhelming. Management was non-existent. There was no motivation by supervisors on the floor. Employees are just a number. You are never in the same seat twice so getting to know your co-workers is near impossible. There is no camaraderie, no culture, no variety. I found it hard to wake up every morning and get motivated to even show up.
Cons
Poor working conditions; short breaks; low pay
loved it
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 7, 2019
loved it. The people were great to work with. There were lots of opportunities to work with great people. You got to eat lots of great food. You got to have a lot of fun.
Very productive work place.
Research interviewer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 3, 2019
Loved working there very professional helping. Easy to talk to management and staff. Interviewing was very easy and quick, they take there time to explain everything.
Place for growth
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCApril 3, 2019
Offer resources for career growth and professionalism within the organization. Provide extensive paid training. Partner with sponsors to research meaningful studies.
Great Field Management
Field Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCMarch 29, 2019
I liked working for RTI. As with many jobs in this field, there is not job security due to different study times and requirements. My experience was positive.
Pros
Prompt response from management
Cons
No job security
RTI IT Dept Needs better managers
Senior Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCMarch 27, 2019
The IT managers at RTI are doing a terrible job and have turned a company that was once a great place to work into a terrible place to work. Abandon Ship!
Pros
Some opporunity to work from home and some flexible hours
Cons
Management is the worst, work a LOT of hours, no appreciation
Worst place that I ever worked at!
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCMarch 24, 2019
CIO quit, CISO has not a clue on what to do. Managers bully workers and Ethics Officer does nothing to stop it. Many people working there have not a clue on their job responsibility and blame others for their mistakes. Managers do not stick up for their people. Many butt into conversations, have no clue, and report false information. Worked over 250 hours every month for chump change. Nobody cares about work/home environment.
Pros
Cons
Way to many to list!
supervising call center workers
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 21, 2019
I used to supervise call center interviewers and make sure the quality of their work was up to the standards. I would review love calls and coach during the alls as well as recorded calls.
Flexible company
Senior Supply Chain Specialist (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCMarch 18, 2019
This is a pretty flexible company to work with, but the management wasn't the most organized. They were constantly trying to improve their processes, which was a good thing
Health Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 18, 2019
I truly enjoyed working at RTI. They have an amazing work culture and most of the people who work there are very passionate about what they do. There is also room to grow, as they allow you to work in areas of your own interest.
Field Reviewer
Field Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKFebruary 26, 2019
Great part time job going door to door getting surveys from households. Most of the time people are not home and returning multiple times to reach the tenants.
Pros
Job not the hard
Cons
Many miles on car and scared of big dogs
Research Statistician (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCFebruary 21, 2019
I really enjoy working here. Great folks. Would recommend this work place to others. I don't have more to write since there are many places I have worked.
Disappointed
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCFebruary 20, 2019
After working here for several years, I realized that I was not going to advance. Bachelor level staff were hired about every two years then they would leave for grad school. It was a revolving door. Hire a hand full of new college graduates, train them, watch them walk out the door a year or two later. They don't want dedicated staff who have knowledge and skills
Pros
benefits -- insurance, time off
Cons
No value of staff with longevity
My day at work
Facilities Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCFebruary 16, 2019
Enjoyable
Work atmosphere was good
Very friendly coworkers and employers
Communication was key to maintaining employment here
Would recommend for others
A decent place to work, if you can handle periods of no work
institutional contactor (Former Employee) –  RaleighFebruary 11, 2019
The working environment at RTI is decent enough, the people there are competent for the most part. The only complaints I have are about the lack of consistency. The work ends for any given project with little or no warning and there is no guarantee that the you will have work quickly afterward.
Great work environment
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 7, 2019
A lot of really smart scientists, with loads of personality. Everywhere from pick up basketball games to improptu conversations about one's favorite jazz or R&B artist, RTI was a cultured and intellectual place that made me feel at home.
Pros
Occasionally free lunches as an intern

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RTI International. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

44%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

40%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss