RTI International Employee Reviews

no help
Quality Control Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 7, 2018
not enough training and many supervisors know very little about the surveys. Learn as you go mentalitiy and dont ask questions or you will seem dumb to them. I asked to clarify smal details, and they didnt know the answers
Productive and fun place to work
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 4, 2018
This environment is culturally diverse and exciting to work as there is plenty of work that can be done at one's own pace. The people are friendly as well.
Assessment Day
Field Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 21, 2018
On Assessment day we must get ready with computers for children, make sure all is working when they arrive. Monitor the session and help them with any questions. The management of the time is of the essence to be able to be more effective. The hardest part of the job is waiting for Fedex to pick up boxes. The most enjoyable is to be around children.
Pros
Work is relaxed and is with children
Cons
Resolving technical issues
A wonderful place to work, with an outstanding staff that supports senior management
Senior Director for Corporate Security and Safety (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCMay 21, 2018
Over 20 + years, I enjoyed a most pleasant workplace. As a Senior Director, I worked with a great staff of managers reporting to me, each as a consummate professional in their fields.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
Very few, as contract research is a vibrant field of endeavor.
Institutional Contactor
Institutional Contactor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 18, 2018
Management is super friendly and helpful. Company goes out of it's way to make employees feel welcome and comfortable. Always plenty of help available to those who may need it. However when it comes to the end of a contract this company handles putting employees onto new projects VERY poorly. It is what most veterans at this company say the downfall is. Generally you're without work for maybe a week or so before they typically call you regarding a new project. Some people have even had to wait up to a month or two.
Great place to start
Performance Team Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC 27616May 3, 2018
It is a great place to develop supervisorial skills but advancement is limited. Management tends to stay on for an indefinite period and there is no real employee development plan.
Great workplace
Survey Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 26, 2018
Working here was great the campus culture within the office is amazing. They never wanted to overload you with work and were always open to talking about different ways to work on things that would make your job run smoother
Not to shabby
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 18, 2018
Pros of working with a great team, representing an outstanding company. Con, well, to many to list for the company who assigned me to RTI. I would hands down recommend RTI to anyone, their contracting companies , not so much.
A nice call center, with no quotas
Data Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCApril 10, 2018
The atmosphere is fun and accepting. There are weekly goals to meet, but they aren't quotas you have to make to keep your job. The supervisors are understanding if you have a rough week and don't make the goal.
Research Public Health Analyst (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCApril 6, 2018
Must maintain a certain level of project work. Flexible work location and hours. Good support for obtaining additional education and professional meetings.
Very Strict not very rewarding
Data Collection Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 4, 2018
Regular 9-5 with options to work full time or part time..You are not allowed to have cell phones on in the production area which kind of makes sense because you're dealing with sensitive information, but sometimes it feels more like a daycare rather than a job.
Challenging Work Environment
Field Researcher (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 4, 2018
I was not familiar with LGBT community in Boston. This job gave me an opportunity to understand differentials and diversities in a very integrating manner. Team was great. Collective resolution was the norms. We learned many things from each others and from our clients. Learning is a never-ending process.
Pros
Cost of commuting, parking, and other related to work. Free training with paid hours.
Cons
Had to be night own.
Love the Job
Session Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 3, 2018
I was hired and trained to work approx. 20 hours a week which worked out great for me and my schedule, but since I have been working for them since December 2018 to current April I have probably only worked 30 total hours (which is terrible)
Pros
Great training program
Cons
No work
Good place to start but not great for advancement.
Water Resource Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 2, 2018
Provide you great skills but high chance of doing the same thing over and over.

Management is hard to please due to wide arrange personalities.

Very interesting work and diverse work.
challenging
Field Interviewer, NSDUH (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCMarch 28, 2018
this is essentially sales, where you are asking customers/respondents to confidentially provide private, personal health information. Indepent work. Almost all time is spent out in the community.
great job
Public Research Health Analyst (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCMarch 21, 2018
rewarding work, learned alot about project coordination and internal/external marketing to collaborators,and research participants, grant writing, scientific writing
Pros
cafe onsite
Interesting and challenging work with flexible work schedule
Field Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCMarch 11, 2018
As a Field Interviewer, I was able to control my work schedule to a certain degree although evening and weekend hours were required. I enjoyed meeting people from all walks of life in their homes. It was sometimes difficult to gain participation from selected survey respondents. There were sometimes several weeks at the end of each quarter with no available work.
Pros
Flexibility, client contact
Cons
Evening and weekend work, down time without work
good pay
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 8, 2018
working here i met great people. Atmosphere is relaxed for the most part. There were a few in supervisory positions who were not fair nor impartial but over all it was ok
RTI is a great company to work for.
Administrative Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 7, 2018
During my time with RTI, I've really come to enjoy the staff, the work environment...the overall culture. I would definitely recommend this company to someone looking to be apart of something great. But for my capacity, there is a lack of growth potential.
Relaxed workplace
Data Collection Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 27, 2018
This job was my first sit down job and I truly enjoyed it. The job was an easy one. The hardest part of my job was the people. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping the customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RTI International. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.1Fairygodboss Score

38%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

25%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.