RTI International

RTI International Employee Reviews

United States397 reviews

interviewersurveyprojectinternationalstudysupervisorfielddata

RTI International

Information already provided in latest version of my CV. Predominantly, managing the components of IRB, Informed Consents, high level review of financials with management, deliverables report, follow up procurement requirements; vendor management; understanding GCP and FDA requirements. Understanding the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR); sub-contract and contract management, consulting agreements; working to collate reports from study managers; leading calls and taking notes; proactive dissemination of information; collating highly complex technical presentations for meetings with scientists, federal agencies, foundations and pharmaceutical contacts; facilitating collaboration agreements with scientists not based in the United States.

Pros

Great benefits and flexibility

Cons

No career progression or adequate resource management

Great job as Field Interviewer to earn extra income if retired

Great place to work part time if you dont mind driving, knocking on strangers' doors and enjoy interacting with strangers. Field Supervisors are very supportive and approachable. As Field Interviewer, you are simply collecting data. Company is funded by Federal government contracts mainly from US Dept of Health and Human Services. Sorry to say, but big waste of tax payer dollars. Basically, FI are compensating randomly chosen addresses for their time with paltry cash payments. Upper management seems to micro-manage subordinates but this is the culture. Pay is OK and mileage reimbursement is break even.

Pros

Flexible work hours, Part-time work, all work tools provided except mobile phone and internet connection.

Cons

working weekends and after normal 9 to 5 work hours. Working in neighborhoods with high crime rate.

RTI International insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

What is the best part of working at the company?Working from home🕺🥰What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Nothing stressful at all!What is the work environment and culture like at the company?We are one big family with the same common goal. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Calling people.. Reading a script.. part time or full..

What is the best part of working at the company?Remote it was remote and could've been in my area as well as my region and would've made a positive impact. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?They made a job offer they had no ability to make or keep because it may not materialize so you truly may end up not working at all. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It's remote and the culture can vary depending on who is your contact and chain of command person. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Hoping to have work and be in the payroll.

What is the best part of working at the company?The experience and knowledge that you gain the benefits and flexible schedule What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Not too stressful if you are an organized person What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Remote team work very diverse and friendlyWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Lots of calling and talking with people

Fun work for retired teachers and part-time/temporary employment seekers

A great opportunity for part time/temporary employment seekers and retired teachers. The work was enjoyable and the training/team support from the company was excellent. Once you're virtually trained, you definitely feel ready to do the job on your first day. And you never feel on your own. There's always a team ready to help.

What is the best part of working at the company?Friendly, well organized, thorough, excellent training, fair payWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?The few times a year when the case load is low.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Home based office, supervisors and quality control are helpful and fair.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Productive, self motivating, clear communication,

What is the best part of working at the company?When you have a good manager that tries to make a challenging job easier for you, it can be good. When you don't it sucks. Weekends and evenings are when you're expected to work. BUt they want you knocking on doors at times that people who might normally speak with you dont want to be bothered. The pay is good if you can work these hours and are only looking for part-time work. Don't expect more than that.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?When it's dark, getting late, the neighborhood feels like a ghost town, and you knock on people's doors and they're angry at you for knocking.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Depends on if you are lucky enough to get a good supervisorWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Driving and walking around neighborhoods, knocking on certain houses, trying to persuade them to complete a health survey for $30

Great work culture

This is one of the best companies I have worked for. Management truly cares about your success and will always be willing to support you in your work. I enjoyed surveying patients, traveling to a variety of medical clinics. The pay was good and car mileage was compensated.

Pros

Great company culture, Car mileage reimbursement, Travel experience

Cons

Temporary job

fun work place

Since i joined in the year 2017 April the organization helped me with my carrier development as an individual that is the support, inspiration, encouragement and team work to deliver the mission, objective, Maintaining higher standards of ethical behavior and professional integrity to the client.

What is the best part of working at the company?Visiting different areas, the scenery, meeting many different people, and the pay isn't bad either!What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Having prospective respondents think you - the government - or hackers are trying to steal or get their information.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Friendly meetings, many different regions of people make it interesting.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Visit chosen addresses, meet and greet people who can help solve our purpose.

Well-compensated part-time temporary job that permitted a flexible schedule

-1 weekly supervisor meeting-no calls during non-work hours-trusts employees' abilities to perform their jobs -well compensated-set your own schedule-expenses covered-interviewees well compensated

Pros

compensation

Cons

short-lived research projects meant part-time, temporary work

Felt very included and part of a team.

Loved working for Rti. The pay was fair as was management. If there was a negative it would be that management too was already picked there was no room for advancement.

Great for those who enjoy interacting with people

I love my job. I meet many people from all parts of the world. I am not selling anything other than trying to convince someone to do a survey and having the right attitude and right personality, you’ll do great at this job. Good pay and Independent work for the most part.

What is the best part of working at the company?The hourly wage and travelWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?The onboarding and eQip background check processing. Very time consumingWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Slow at present

A job

A job to pay the bills. Similar to cold calling. They punish you even for trying/ working hard if your numbers arent in line. Not the worst job Ive ever had.

Great place

Learned a lot as an intern here. Lots of experienced professionals in the field of global health that I learned from. Dynamic environment and lots of different projects.

Wouldn’t recommend

Working on M.E.P.S was the worst. They only care about numbers, being that you have to contact hospitals and doctors offices that have been most effected by COVID, they don’t care about the challenges.The job depends on you being able to get others to comply and on that project the basically want you to force and harass people.

Honestly a Great Place

I feel lucky to work at RTI everyday. Amazing benefits and flexibility. The mission is so inspiring. My coworkers are outstanding. I would tell anyone to work here.

Flexible, always learning

A typical day as a Field Researcher was getting paperwork ready, making sure all of the materials I needed were ready and in good condition. Making phone calls, interviewing in the field, talking to the community liaison and supervisor. Also sending reports daily via computer. They supply the laptop and all of the materials needed. Clients are sometimes difficult as you are in their home for at least 3 hours and there are small children involved. Definitely be positive and have a smile. Be sure to print out maps as sometimes you may be driving in very rural areas.You also may be visiting people in less safe areas so use common sense and do go after dark to certain places. This job is flexible but their will be evening and weekend hours as expected when interviewing families on their schedule. Be sure to be very knowledgeable and passionate about the study you are involved in. Be sure to be very organized or the paperwork can be catch up to you. This is a position for those that are self-reliant, reliable, organized and love to meet new people. The study is done verbatim in the family's homes and they do have scripts to follow and very thorough training. They do a background check. Sadly, I had to quit due to not taking the COVID19 vaccination.

Hidden Gem

RTI is a great company doing great work. I have been able to grow in my role and have support from management. This is a company where people stay for a long and stable career. Nothing but good things to say. I only left my role because I did not want to telework.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RTI International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
4.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight