RTI Employee Reviews

The most enjoyable part of the job
CHIS data collection interviewer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 15, 2018
This is my First job like this social science research, I have to say it was very different a first, you would call a select group of people where ever in the united states and ask the different question. Not selling anything just getting their opinions on different problems like, Medicaid, the price of gas and many other things. I liked talking to different people and seeing their point of view from there answers. To see what is really going on in our community, that was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
2 paid breaks
Cons
out of work sometimes
plant work
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Rainsville, ALFebruary 12, 2018
place over worked their employee and demanding to be faster production it hard to work better when your overworked and no time for your family need better system
Pros
health ins
Cons
over worked system not good
It was a good experience to be in , it was low stress and calm environment
HRD- Virtual Caller Telephone Interview (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 23, 2018
it was a good environment to be in, quick relaxing pace. the place is not overly crowded, and the employees are nice. employees had a nice break room to relax and enjoy their breaks.
Government Focused Company
Business Intelligence Developer (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 9, 2018
I'm contracted to the VA so a normal day is building reports based on customer needs. I've learned Tableau by working this contract. Its a get things done immediately kinda focus but with accuracy. I really enjoy the team I work with on the contract.
Pros
Remote
Cons
Short Lunch
Good People
Animal Technician (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDJanuary 8, 2018
Great place to work. Lot of improvisation required.Fast paced, busy work. Attention to detail was not taken lightly and probably the most important aspect of the job.
Over worked and under paid for the time at work
Assembly Associate (Current Employee) –  Rainsville, ALAugust 31, 2017
This is a good place to work if you are single and have no commitments at home. At work more then with my family. I have been certified in 7 finale/quality positions however still not a lead or CMI. Good benefits but lack of paid time off. There is 2 weeks of shut down. One in July and one in December but again these are not paid time off.
Pros
Healthcare benefits
Cons
overworded
RTI was an enjoyable place to work
Benefits Assistant (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHAugust 30, 2017
Enjoyed the diversified job duties and my role in the digital recording and record keeping in the benefits area. I set up electronic spreadsheets for their pension program, and in addition I helped formulate a filing system for HR records.
Pros
Enjoyed working with the management staff there
Loved Job
Tank Installer (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 16, 2017
The work was great but some of the workers was threated at the pace I was learning the job and made things hard.
Was not able to get pass the issues the fellow employee had with me. Now since I am go he other employee is no longer with the company.
fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Raleigh,NCJuly 6, 2017
cool and cool place to work. On the phone most of your shift. I don't have much to say about this company. I didn't stay there long.....................
Summary
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 27, 2017
This is a challenging place to work. I enjoyed working at this facility but sometime the pressure is overwhelming but if you say vigilant and do your job you can actually learn and enjoy the job.
Fun and rewarding
Field Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 22, 2017
This was a learning experience going to Prisons and interviewing inmates. It was a very fun and personal rewarding adventure.We worked 3 days interviewing and 2 days of travel. It was a contract job with 6 months of a very interesting position.
Pros
Very interesting people
Cons
not to many
Flexible Work, but sometimes hostile work environment
Independent Contractor- Field Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCJune 20, 2017
Flexible hours are great, but felt hopeless in times of conflict (contractors can be let go without a warning and there seem to be no one who will vouch for you). . The pay sounded good at first, but I soon realized it wasn't compensating enough for what the job is and there are no health benefits (unless you pay $400-$500 a month) that is affordable.The principal investigator of the study is racists and makes racial comments that leaves me feeling uncomfortable and I'm not sure what to do about it. She is condescending and very rude and after a few months working with the study, the study itself seems not helpful to the community at all and I'm not sure of the value or impact.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
pay, benefits, lack of support
Not a career.
Maintenance technician (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 2, 2017
The local employees are awesome but corporate has no clue what they are doing. Employee retention throughout the company is poor. Be prepared to work long hours. starting pay is good but no way to progress to a management position
A Job
Data Collection Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 27, 2017
It is a job if you need one. I found the work to be very boring and management picks apart every little thing. People seemed friendly but you can not develop and working relationships because of the type of environment.
Pros
convenient work hours
Cons
Boring and picky
Great Company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 19, 2017
I had a blast working on projects with this company. I am sad that it was only a temporary position. I would gladly do more work with RTI. If you get a chance to land this company, go for it!
Call center
Data Collection Specialist, Refusal Converter (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 23, 2017
I was responsible for refusal conversion. When clients were not immediately disposed to agree. They were sent to my desk so that I could see if I could change their minds
Great company with plenty of benefits.
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAMarch 14, 2017
RTI is a huge billing company that offers it's employees the opportunity to learn and grow within the company. Getting hired straight out of school and receiving the additional training at the company prepared me for the position that I hold today as Quality Assurance Specialist. My hard work and dedication has given me the privilege of working partially from home and only having to be in the office twice a week. With all of the changes occurring in the healthcare field RTI definitely keeps its employees well informed and ahead of things. The people are awesome and I am part of a wonderful team.
Pros
Ability to work from home
Cons
Hard to drive to in the ice and snow
Excellent leadership
Adult Education Math Teacher (Current Employee) –  Somerville, MAJanuary 3, 2017
My direct supervisor is very encouraging, innovative, and proactive to change in curriculum and programs to support the teacher and students.

It is hugely rewarding to help adults onto a path of success that enables them to continue their education and secure better employment.
Pros
Rewarding and challenging to teach to various levels of math competency
Cons
Limited technology - mostly use a white board and markers.
RTI work summary
LOGISTICAL SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Rainsville, ALDecember 28, 2016
As an scheduler and Purchaser, the work was for the most part smooth and easy to understand. I knew what was expected and the job requirements were not beyond any associates potential to meet goals. As the supervisor in shipping, the job started off as it should have; I was the supervisor. But things changed about 3 months into the work and I found myself responsible for not only performing my job, but 3 other jobs as well. This was beyond my ability to complete. This was noticed by all of management which agreed that the workload was too great. However, nothing was done to remedy this and I found that the only recourse was to leave. I had worked at this company for over 15 years. I would still be there if not for this issue that came up. This was primarily due to poor management in the Logistics department.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
Poor management not replaced when needed
Horrible place to work
Assembler/robotics (Former Employee) –  Rainsville, ALDecember 24, 2016
This place is a joke...The bosses will scream at you for nothing. They are inconsiderate, not family oriented.Too much drama in this place.
Pros
Cons
pay, bosses