ruan Employee Reviews

nice job
Yard Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 15, 2018
work in the yard moving trailers from dock door to yard and yard to dock door, in a yard truck that was steel and ac had problems staying cool. Took loaded trailers to stores and returned with empty ones.
Pros
4- 10 hr. shifts and 3 days off
Cons
out side work
Enjoyed job home daiky
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Cleburne, TXSeptember 2, 2018
Would rather be paid per mile and not percent of load. I would have stayed with company but they closed my terminal. The distance to closest was to far for daily drive.
Pros
Home daiky
Cons
Some really long days
not enough money
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 2, 2018
go to work, deliver the freight and go home. too many drivers whinning about things. they don't promote like they should. drivers don't have set hours when i was there.
Pros
home everyday
Cons
mileage p[ay, trucks governed at 65, automatic transmission
Dont expect any help
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNAugust 31, 2018
It wasn't bad when the hours were 40 to 50 a week... Then it became 60 on a 5 day week. Coming home, no family time, eat shower sleep.. Dreaded Sundays because it was the day before you went back to work. Money wasn't bad.. Management was verbally abusive, insulting, swept things under the rug. (high employees, sleeping on the job numerous times) When upper management was informed.. Nothing was done.
Pros
Cant name one
Cons
See above
Review
Terminal Manager/Dedicated Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 27, 2018
Everyone works legal based on FMCSA regulations and safe. Drivers and equipment are the company's priority.Room for growth potential to the right person.
Pros
Safety is #1
Cons
High stress
Dont work for runs
Driving truck (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 15, 2018
I drove for them three months,than the first month was good miles but the second an thrith month was poor. No miles. Management was very poor. They don't care about the employees. I had a family at home they didn't care about it. My wages wasn't any good. I left Runa for better employment.
Pros
There are no prons
Cons
They are the cons
lots of hours to work
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAAugust 15, 2018
overall a really good pay company to work for, unless you looking for something really light to drive ,even though they have a lot positions for a every day work and every night also teams positions
Good Job
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 7, 2018
My short time at RUAN makes it hard to write a review, other than their pay system costs drivers more in taxes, because it is a Bi-weekly pay system, so you are taxed at a higher rate{fact,not fiction}. The account I was on was a high paced account, because of where I drove each night.
Overall, job was good, My commute was the downfall of it for me. Plus, job I ended up with, wasn't the job position/location I had applied for.
Pros
Good equipment for the most part
Cons
Bi-weekly Pay periods.
Fast paced and rewarding
DISPATCH COORDINATOR, Marmon/Keystone Dedicated (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 10, 2018
A typical day was usually 9 hours. Occasionally, received calls at 4 am from a driver with an issue concerning his load. This position allowed me to develop and improve my computer skills using a wide variety of programs. Terminal manager allowed me to supervise and direct drivers with minimal input. I enjoyed the challenges and felt I was perfectly suited for this position. Unfortunately, our customer reduced our commitment to them from 28 trucks to 13, causing the reduction in staff.
Work easy, benefits and pay are great, management needs work
Manager - Chuck Williams (Current Employee) –  Richmond, CAJune 15, 2018
Ruan could be a great place to work. Benefits are awesome, the work is easy! The issue is the management; you have to fight everyday to get the tools you need to do your job i.e. safety vests, pallet jack, fuel in trucks, try and schedule vacation 3 months out just to be told NO; even when no one else has the time off. Management complains about drivers not doing their job but doesn't hold them accountable. Drivers who do show up everyday on time feel retaliated against and made to work 6-7 days a week.
Pros
work is easy
Cons
My driving was regional and was able to be home every weekend.
Line Driver (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IA 50309May 29, 2018
Communication with dispatcher and driver was good. Sometimes my loads weren't ready till later in the afternoon and expected to head on out and drive. Did a lot of night driving.
Pros
Being home every weekend
Cons
Late night driving
Steady work
Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 27, 2018
Great company to work for. Benefits are good and your co workers are great. The job is working nights and not much time off for family. Lots of hauling and moving bread.
Competive to today’s standards in transportation
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Holiday City, OHMay 13, 2018
Competive compensation and benifits. Due to contract and customer demands poor schedule and family life was end result. The higher end management at corporate level is good however bottom local management has ongoing issues.
Pros
Compensation, benifits
Cons
Working hours
Do your reseach
n/a (Former Employee) –  rather notMay 4, 2018
Left a good job to go work for this company. Month later they said they are closing the doors.They would not give me a layoff so i could get a head start on finding a new job. Helped them for a month moving out along with using my own equipment and working well over 40 hours to help them out for nothing. Did not seem right.
Pros
Did not work there long enough to find out
Cons
Did not work there long enough to find out
it was ok
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNMay 1, 2018
it was ok and sad that the terminal closed down but things happen for a reason even tho i felt like i hated the job. would consider another terminal. each terminal is different!
Pros
pay
Cons
everything
Productive and fun
Driver Recruiting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 19, 2018
a place to work, good benefit but they could be better with medical, it sucked. good to see a company still offers a bonus. Depends on which department you are in, it could be cut throat and not a lot of training. The on board process also bites, felt like I was left alone.
ok place to work
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Mason City, IAApril 11, 2018
ok place to work it was a stepping stone for me. Over night shift not my thing also it was a job and I wanted to move up there was no room for advancement at that time.
Im thinking, about going back
Driver (Former Employee) –  Holiday City, OHApril 9, 2018
I'm thinking about reapplying, hopefully I didn't burn the bridge and can get my job back. I never should've left the company
It wasn't perfect but I never should've left
Pros
Steady work
Cons
The old manager who is gone now
Excellent Pay and Benefits
Semi-Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Decatur, INMarch 30, 2018
Food grade tanker trailers and well maintained newer Tractors. Excellent Job would rate the best of my career. Had hoped to retire there but Ruan was so under bid during a contract with Bunge Corp. by Prime that we had no chance of keeping it . Great People to work around the Best ! However like everywhere else there were those to avoid . Had probably the Best Manager in the buisness . You did your job and he left you alone .
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits
Cons
runs to New Jersey and Toronto sometimes. Border crossing at Detroit Being the Worst !
fast-paced, 24/7
Sr. Logistics Support Rep/Dispatch Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 28, 2018
Great company to work for.
Typical days are long because transportation is a 24/7 industry.
Management is great and the culture is supportive.
There are opportunities for growth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ruan. Our community is ready to answer.