Ruby Tuesday

Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews

United States5,336 reviews

Found 5,336 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,450 reviews
tuesdayguserverrestaurantcustomamazehourenjoy

Fun, challenging, annoying, disorganizatiing, dirty

They're few health issues I had issues with how things were being property away or how no one wanted to be how maybe workers were they're that were young so when they went to school we'd be under staff.

Pros

Free sub unfter at 6 inches

Cons

Up on your feet to long, just get tips. Overwhelming people. Team workers weren't always team player.

Loved this job

I loved working here. The customers were awesome and I had a lot of fun working with the other servers and staff. It was a high energy job but I thrived on it. I made a lot of money in tips because I was a great server and treated my customers very well. I have to admit, it was a tough job, on my feet all day and night but my time went fast because I was constantly busy and if we didn't have customers at the time, I was stocking the salad bar or other items that needed to be restocked.

Organized but not a lot of business

I liked working here but there was never enough customers to make money… I made $20-$60 a day as a server. It was always slow so I would get cut in less than 3 hours sometimes 2 hours after clocking in. Couldn’t make a living there.

Pros

Discounted food/drinks

Cons

Slow business

The people who used to work there were great. Like family. A few are still there but most have been run out or couldn't work for new management

Management is horrible. Not really the ones at the store but higher ups but the ones there are 2 faced and they definitely don't care about their employees. It's all about the money and not employee safety

Pros

The people you work with

Cons

The people you work for

Another serving position

I've worked at many restaurants as a server. Ruby Tuesday's was better than others. It was a laid-back atmosphere in regards to management pressure. I was always stressed. Given too many tables to handle. So I could not do my best because I was overwhelmed. The managers played favorites. Rules we're not reinforced...all servers rolling a certain amount of silver wear. Leaving others to pick up the slack. Not a busy place during the week usually. So pay was terrible.

The team was mostly friendly, management was nice but didn't treat everyone fairly. Benefits aren't very great.

The FOH and most of BOH staff were the only real benefits to working here. Most management was fine, but very biased towards some. We had a BOH employee that was consistently toxic, but nothing EVER changed. Pay was average most of the time. Benefits aren't great for the pay you make. "Full time" is a lot of doubles and weekend shifts. Food isn't even free, and only SOME items may be purchased at 50%. On top of all that, our location got shut down and everyone found out over our scheduling app through the messages there, except managers who were called into the restaurant(even those who were off work that day) AFTER WE CLOSED THE RESTAURANT FOR THAT NIGHT, deciding to wait til after shift to make that last bit of money. Other managers apparently knew about it, and decided not to give any of us a heads up. But thank heavens for that $200 unemployment they offered...I wish I was exaggerating the negatives, but this place was probably my worst experience in not just the service industry, but in general.

Pros

Most of the people

Cons

Lack of benefits, inconsistent schedules, average pay

The work place was very negative and toxic

Working there for about a year you get a good sense of management and, they were not organized well, they at times got very petty and unprofessional with their workers

Just, no

No advancement opportunity. Management doesn't adhere to what they say about scheduling, nor do they communicate with each other about the discrepancy.

nothing but stress

company dont care about employees.they will close a store without notifying anyone.dont pay vacation pay owed.under staff then complain when everything falls apart.

Pros

good managers

Cons

everything else

Umm

How much is a good job going out to you for a while back and you have been working on the job site and I need help for truly help and you get to work on with my work.

Demanding

Very demanding, often unrealistic and they Only care about the money no job security or for employees. If you are not best friends with your manager they will not support you

Pros

N/a

Terrible

Back when this location was open it was always a mess. The kitchen and dining were disgusting and the salad bar was horrendous. They would hire anyone who would walk in through the door cause they were so desperate for employees. At the time of employment I was 19 and became a shift leader.

Fun and easy going

Working at ruby Tuesday was fast pace and they had several opportunities for growth and development. The managers helped a lot as well upon need for it.

Pros

Free food and drinks

Cons

Short breaks

Great people, poor management, understaffed

Can be very stressful at times and management is all over the place. There were times when managers wouldn’t even be in the building when they were needed for something. Scheduling was often last minute, people were constantly in and out as far as employment goes, and some employees even stole from the cash register and weren’t fired.

Fun workplace and good food

Really good staff and good environment. Easy and laid back no struggling and team work was a big thing. There was a free salad at the end of the night from the salad bar and management was good

Pros

Good management

Decent

A lot of work, good money for a college student. Manager wasn't the nicest, coworkers were hit or miss. customer base was interesting, very mixed. some good, some decent, some suck.. that's more everywhere though.

Weak General manager, Insubordination from cooks, Unclean workplace

Daily filth cleaning from previous cook, staff won’t lift a finger to clean, food being served from a contaminated board that has all range of raw material and contamination, improper hand wash technique and usage by cooks and prep staff, food not being prepared to company spec, many pieces of broken/missing equipment, improper/no use of thermometer to ensure quality of materials, thermometer can usually be found unwashed in a contaminated area. The hours are insufficient, the pay is less than average for the amount of work you do

Pros

Good way to work with a lot of expensive cuts of meat

Cons

It’s a joke, if you don’t work there for three years, and burn everything you touch then don’t expect a raise, or respect but if you do everything wrong, then you can make a good living

Closing locations no job security

No job security, closing locations quickly, great concept in the 90's however like a lot of other brands, failed to make adjustments with the times. Dying concept

made lots of friends and learned a lot about customer service

was a great job as a young 20 somethingthe management was amazing in 2016 and i felt very at home there.definitely very fast paced. also expect lots of food to get on you -.-

Pros

good coworkers / management

Cons

dresscode

Super Ghetto and Childish

No one ever takes their role serious from servers assistants all the way up through corporate. Customer complaints were never taken serious. Employee complaints were hardly taken care of. Training for all positions were a joke (as in, there were barely any). I enjoyed my coworkers as many of us came from different cultures and backgrounds but I wish someone had cared about our restaurant more.

It’s not the worst place to work at

Managers they work with you, pay can be much better with the staff shortage wouldn’t recommend working here it gets tiring and corporate adds new things to the menu without removing anything which takes a toll on the kitchen staff as for employees you have a few good ones then you just have bodies if that makes sense people that really don’t wanna work so they do the bare minimum .

Pros

Breaks

Cons

Short staffed, overworked, pay, employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruby Tuesday. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.6
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight