Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews

Ruby's
General Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJuly 20, 2018
I love Ruby Tuesday. Having worked for the company for many years, I was there for the good times and the rough times. I always enjoyed it. I hope they get the ship righted soon.
Pros
Cons
Upper management changes
I started working and it was predictable and fast paced
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZJuly 20, 2018
I loved my fellow employees, what i learned is that we are all replaceable. And if have an accident at work they will be very accommodating. The best thing is the employee discount.
Pros
discounts
Cons
never knowing when your shift ends
Loved it
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJuly 20, 2018
I was so sad to leave the Ruby’s team in Plymouth. The front of house, back of house and management were all amazing team players with positive attitudes. Highly recommend this location. Can’t say enough about how much I loved my time there.
Pros
Fantastic Work Environment
Cons
Short Breaks
It is a good beginner company to work for
Server Bartender GSC GSM AGM (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2018
There has been many changes over the years i have been employed there. Some were great some were misses. All companies go through changes, I feel the most recent is not a good change
productive
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAJuly 19, 2018
Manage all employees. I love interacting with new employees and customers. I've learned importance of food safety and customer satisfaction. Hardest part of the job is when customers are unsatisfied.
I worked here for a year, and I had 3 different general managers and 4 or 5 different foh managers, not to mention other staff.
Server (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 19, 2018
i enjoyed most of the people around me that did stay. The environment is very political and everyone chooses favorites. They had ridiculous rules and never followed through with anything really. The building I worked in was filthy and smelled literally like a petting zoo. (There were roaches too).
Pros
50% off food!
Cons
Everything else
Fun to work there.
AZ-Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZJuly 19, 2018
Ruby Tuesday is a cross between casual and
medium scale restaurant. Customer retention was high do to the fact that there was high quality fresh food daily. The employees were professional and inviting.
Pros
good food
great place to work
Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 19, 2018
Busy and fast paced. It has a strong family atmosphere with employees and guests. Also the employee is just as important as the guests are. There is a lot of opportunity for advancement if one so chooses.
Productive and fun working
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJuly 18, 2018
I didn't really like working here. The company seems to be having trouble. The managers were great! The staff was great! It was more the company in itself that had me worried. They had so many promotions and low checks that it was hard to make decent money as a server sometimes.
Pros
Discounts on food, great staff
Cons
sucky pay, low checks equaling to low tips
Fun and productive
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Garner, NCJuly 18, 2018
Good place to work nice coworkers good food fun work in iron menu room for advancement great managers helpful friendly coworkers good customers very clean

Want to know more about Ruby Tuesday?

Ask a question
Fast working pace job
Server (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 18, 2018
Ruby Tuesday’s has a lot of great people there, I personally thought the money want good enough for me. It was hard to give off a good impression and not get paid. Servers did not get paid by the hour, only tips. Being at work for 5 hours and only coming home with 12 dollars is frustrating.
Pros
Cool people, discounts on food
Cons
Stressful managers
currently working for ruby tuesday
Prep and line cook (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 18, 2018
i enjoy working at ruby tuesday. I enjoy my peers, work environment and steady work schedule. very flexible hours and understanding of crisis situations.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
n/a
basic
waitstaff (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJuly 18, 2018
Nothing special about this company. The staff and management were nice but my experience showed no real reward for hard work. The building was in disrepair at one location while another location was poorly supervised.
Productive fun place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJJuly 17, 2018
Ruby Tuesday was definitely a temporary job, I love every single minute working there. I’ve learned great communication skills as well as learning how to have patience
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
Not enough hours
Good for quick money and a fast life style with no responsibility’s
Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 17, 2018
It was an okay and acceptable job when I was a teenager/young adult with no responsibilities. There’s really no way to truly advance in a business such as this.
Fun and Friendly Family Atmosphere For Anyone
Serve Assist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 16, 2018
Every shift had new challenges to overcome but I had excellent co workers and guests to remind me to keep my focus on the objective at hand, taking care of others was most rewarding.
Pros
good service, hot food, variety
Cons
big crowds, long lines, seating
It's okay.
Hostess & Server (Former Employee) –  Mays Landing, NJJuly 15, 2018
Manager was not the best nor helpful. Money was not the best either. The workers are great and friendly. The only one who was not friendly was the general manager.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Poor Management
Good people
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJuly 15, 2018
Good people to work for. Nice place. Understanding and flexible. management is top notch I would definetly recommend this to other people. Solid place to work
Pros
good people
relaxed
assist host staff (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 13, 2018
perfect for a student looking to make some easy tips. super casual american style food, easy menu, cross training encouraged. good management that will treat you like family.
Cool people horrible management
Hostess/Server/bartender/expo/Togo/saladbar (Current Employee) –  Lisbon, CTJuly 12, 2018
You get to work with some cool people that kind of make tour day better but the GM is awful!! She always has an attitude & ive seen her drinking behind the bar some days, she likes to play favorites with her employees and lets certain people get away with murder, she lets her favorite bartender drink on the job and she will join her at times as well. When you’re looking for her you can never find her because she’s outside on her phone smoking. Worst GM I’ve had ... and then there’s only 1 good manager who’s great at his job and actually cares but you need more than 1 good manager to run the restaurant. It’s not worth working there until management is fixed. You’ll be there for long hours with a bunch of people all not making any money, I wouldn’t suggest it
Pros
50% on food when you’re working
Cons
No breaks, sucky ma

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruby Tuesday. Our community is ready to answer.

51K
41.1K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

2.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight