Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VASeptember 21, 2018
Greeting customers,serving food,my manager at that time was great he was always a team player.All the other employees were also great,energentic and fast place during peak hours
Pros
Free food, Good selections
Cons
Nothing bad
Closed
Server/Mall Hostess/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VASeptember 20, 2018
I loved working at this location. Great people, great management team, great fellow employees. They closed the location and I didn't like where I was transferred so I quit.
waiting tables has never been more fun
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LASeptember 20, 2018
Ruby Tuesdays allows you to find yourself and puts your concerns into consideration. they will allow you to move around in the store until you find what you love.
Exciting challenges
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDSeptember 20, 2018
You get to cook a variety of menu items in a face paced restaurant. Good change over and awesome management.Professional attitudes, great team work and you get to work with a diverse team.
Fun and fast pace
Bus boy and floater (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, MDSeptember 20, 2018
Good except for lack of payment good coworkers nice customers great salad bar and food and drinks and bathroom and each area stays clean and good environment
Friendly Work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 20, 2018
Management is nice and so are the staff members. Not enough business to be able to rely solely on the income from just working there though, and they rarely let you work over 40 hours a week.
Fun Workplace
Server/Host/Caterer (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLSeptember 19, 2018
Most definitely a place I will never forget. Ruby Tuesday helped me out of my shell. Ill never forget the place or the people I have worked with who became my Ruby family. The food is great, service and management are wonderful too. I wish I could have stayed longer. But.. life was calling me and I needed to find a full time, steady job that can benefit me as I am benefiting it. Its time for me to find a career. But if anyone needs a job that you can be both business and personal..Ruby Tuesdays is for you. Its a great job to start your life and there are so many wonderful people there willing to guide you.
Pros
atmosphere, management, co workers, discounts
Cons
no benefits, lack of desired hours
Manager (Current Employee) –  College Park, GASeptember 19, 2018
Ruby Tuesday is a great place to work. The pay is great and you get to meet and work with a lot of different people. And they also work around your schedule if you have another job or go to school
Pros
50% discount on food
Cons
need better benefits
Guest service
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Royal Palm Beach, FLSeptember 19, 2018
Good company, known for garden bar
Flexible menu, ok training . Easy management
Hands on learning. Match 401k availability
Benefits available at our cost.
Overall great over the years
Big changes in the upper corporation.
Poor work environment
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MASeptember 18, 2018
The building is falling apart and infested with roaches. Management works poorly as a team together and even worse is the gossip the feed Into with the subordinates. They constantly run out of product and have to borrow from other stores. This job is easy as far as the work but will increase your stress from never having what you need and it being run by people who never want to do their job.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Poor management

Want to know more about Ruby Tuesday?

Ask a question
Overall good company I would work for this company again.
Operating Partner (Former Employee) –  Durham, MESeptember 18, 2018
Good company to work for. I worked 13 years and was promoted and helped grow the company from franchise to Corpt. I would work for this company again.
Pros
Leadership has changed
Cons
Na
Cool
Salad Bar Prep/Utility Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJSeptember 17, 2018
It was nice working there with the people in the kitchen, they helped the day go by faster. Everyone worked together. They could use some tidyness in the dining hall and more detail vision to the smaller things.
a good stepping stone to learn from
Culinary Cook (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYSeptember 17, 2018
A typical day at work was crazy i had to learn to manage my time and my relationships with my bosses.envornment was good at first. the hardist part was making sure everything ran smoothly and enjoy success at the end of the night
Many great people over the years
Chef, Assistant manager, General manager (Former Employee) –  Kearney, Grand Island, NESeptember 16, 2018
Typical work day would be from 10-12 hours. I learned much about the corporate restaurant industry and day to day operations of a national chain. Management wanted what was best for the success of the company and each individual location. The culture of the restaurant was really determined by how management handled each shift and how we worked together to meet certain goals set by the team and upper management. The hard part of the job was also a very enjoyable part of the job, the constant changes to menu items and procedures was very challenging but fun to keep everyone sharp.
Pros
Fast-paced and exciting
Cons
High pressure equals high turnover
A fall from greatness...
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 16, 2018
Ruby Tuesday was at one point in time an amazing restaurant and great place to work. Unfortunately, they no longer place much emphasis on training. This causes undo stress on the workforce, and a high turnover rate. They were recently purchased by NRD, so one can hope that changes for the better are on the horizon.
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INSeptember 14, 2018
I loved working at Ruby Tuesday. Great atmosphere and fun job with managers that care about each person's well-being. A typical day involved bussing tables and helping the servers with various tasks. The hardest part of this job was learning the computer. The most enjoyable part of this job was the atmosphere.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
too busy for breaks
Upbeat and fast paced
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  North Augusta, SCSeptember 14, 2018
Some days could be really slow or really busy. Managers are easy to work with and outgoing in all aspects. Works around your schedule if you have children, are in school or have any other special requests. Coworkers are great and easy to get along with. Definitely an enjoyable job and atmosphere to be around most of the time.
Pros
Half off on food every day you work and 25% off for up to 6 people any day you don't work.
Cons
Short or no breaks, pay varies based on business that day
Truly abysmal management
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Lady Lake, FLSeptember 14, 2018
Worst job experience ever, no one is ever happy regardless of how hard you work and how impeccable your service is. Truly pathetic work environment. All of my non-management coworkers aside from maybe 3 hatred the place but had to stay due to lack of other opportunities or fear of inability to find another position. GM aside from being incredibly ignorant and arrogant, was a convicted felon for fraud and yet running a restaurant dealing with many cash transactions, very suspicious. Other managers just outright rude and treat employees like dogs, ironically enough newest (training) managers were the most friendly and helpful, I feel sorry for them.
Pros
Half off food while working only, literally nothing else
Cons
Terrible management, lack of communication, awful protocol, questionable DM decisionmaking, unhappy employees, very stressful all the time, stress caused by management not heavy business or rude customers.
hosting
HOST (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCSeptember 13, 2018
ruby tuesday was a fun place to work while i was there, its a good job for someone in school. i worked as a host part time so i didnt make much but there were chances to make more and advance.
Poor leadership
Director of Operations, new york (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2018
4 CEOs and counting in the last 4 years
Once they removed all the operations team from the RSC and replace them with marketing people it went downhill FAST!
If you are not young they will let you go soon... beware!
Pros
Great garden bar
Cons
Leadership is disconnected from the segment they are servicing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruby Tuesday. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.2K
31K

See reviews about

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

48out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Ruby Tuesday.