Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews

Lack of work flow
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 22, 2018
At the end of the day it was stressful and very unreliable job. Lack of management at times. There was No structure, hours were short due to lack of business
Pros
Half off a meal
Cons
No brakes, slow work flow
Amazing.
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Nixa, MOApril 20, 2018
Absolutely great work environment, and amazing management. Steve D’Arpino was the #1 best GM I could ever ask, the work environment was so relaxed and all staff worked very well together!
Pros
Everything.
Cons
Nothing.
Poor management
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVApril 20, 2018
While working as a server can be stressful and demanding, I didn't mind working at Ruby Tuesdays. However the GM at the Martinsburg,WV location treats his employees TERRIBLE. There were many occasions I seen him talk down on his employee so much the employee began crying. The turnover rate at that particular store is because of him.
Fun Environment
Server (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOApril 19, 2018
In working with Ruby Tuesday I met some of the closest people to me. They don't kid around when they say you become almost a family unit with your co-workers and managers. The job was fun and serving was a blast.
Pros
Discounted food, fun environment
Ruby Tuesday
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 19, 2018
The work life balance was horrible, management expected too much for too little. They would relocate you without asking, or any warning. They never followed through with things they said.
Cons
Underappriciated
Fast Paced Environment
FOH Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNApril 19, 2018
I enjoyed working for Ruby Tuesday. I left because there was no room for advancement. I would recommend this company to friends and family.
My brother is an AGM with Ruby Tuesday and he started out 7 years ago as a server.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Only be a waitress/waiter if you can take a lot of stress
Server (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 18, 2018
Of course, I served people. And serving is extremely difficult. A normal waitress has about 4-5 tables that she needs to pay attention to. And the hostesses won't tell you someone has been seated you just always have to keep an eye out for your section. I served food,apps, and drinks.. After a table left I had to clean and set it up again for the next customers. After we're cut for our shift, we do about an hour of sidework.
Pros
Tips were alright
Cons
No breaks, if you had to go to the bathroom oh well you can't cause no one will watch your table, 2 hours of sidework after you stopped serving tables
Nice place to take a date to eat and the best garden bar with great caring employees
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALApril 18, 2018
It was a great place to work. I enjoyed going to work and the people I worked with were awesome. The GM was the hardest working woman I've ever seen..
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHApril 18, 2018
Management worked well with my school schedule and was very understanding when I needed to take a few days off when my son was born. Very fast paced and stressful work environment but I excel in situations like that.
Fun fast paced place to work with good management.
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIApril 17, 2018
Fun place to work with flexible management and scheduling. Have discounts on working meals and if you bring your family in. Bad for holiday schedules.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Holiday working
Its almost a job
house staff (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, VAApril 17, 2018
It pays the bills I guess. But the company as a whole sucks. They have no idea how to retain managment. They have no idea how to hire or promote and they sure dont know how to pay.
simply put, not a good place to work
CHEF (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYApril 17, 2018
Bad management ruined every aspect of of the job. Greed, laziness, self righteousness, and a lack of respect for employees made it more of a battle field instead of a job.
Good Fun place to work
Training Manager/Manager (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNApril 17, 2018
One of my best experiences ever! Management was amazing and supportive for all roles! Received opportunity for advancement with another company was the only reason i left.
Fast paced work environment with opportunities to grow in public communication and interaction
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 17, 2018
A flexible work environment that enabled me to grow in my conversation techniques. My favorite part of working with Ruby Tuesday's was my ability to connect with the guests and build rapport with clientele. The hardest part was working with coworkers who did not have the same motivation to provide a cohesive work environment.
Pros
Diverse demographic of guests
Cons
Inconsistent management
great workplace sometimes stressful due to pace
Server (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 17, 2018
i was hired as a host and did that for about two weeks. i then trained for server in three days and began working the floor. customers were a joy to handle ad management can be strict yet with good intentions.
Stressful and short staffed
Garden Bar Specialist (Current Employee) –  Angola, INApril 16, 2018
When i began this job, it was easy and worth the pay. Now we are so short staffed, I'm doing 3 jobs at once and only saw a small pay raise. Here when people do their job poorly, you get to do it for them!
Pros
Coworkers are great, food is delicious
Cons
Hours are terrible, and if you're good at your job then you have to work harder.
About Working At Ruby Tuesday
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, NCApril 16, 2018
The job is very easy. Everybody's friendly.I liked the job a lot.The hours was good enough for me, they work around with your transportation.Ruby Tuesday is family orientated.
Waitress ~ Hostess ~ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 16, 2018
Great place to work. I began as a waitress, but they saw my potential and the began to move me up to hostess, then trainer, then after my 21st birthday I was to begin manager training
Pros
Great place, Great atmosphere
low career advancement
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHApril 16, 2018
basically fast food with steaks and what not nice people hard to get ahead if you have tattoos piercings I'm a diabetic and unless you work 12 hours you won't get a 30 mins for a break so made it hard to manage diabetes
Pros
discounted food
Cons
hard to get breaks
Interesting
DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEApril 16, 2018
It was nice to occasionally have a free meal. The work place culture was always friendly and good for morale. The typical day was consistent with dish washing.
Pros
Free Lunchs
Cons
Short Breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruby Tuesday. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

2.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight