Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews

Found 3,989 reviews matching the search See all 4,069 reviews
Worst company I have had the pleasure of being apart of.
Hostess, Salad Bar, Cook, Busser, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJanuary 13, 2019
Absolutely no room for advancement, no pay increases at all no matter how long you have been there. The company as a whole is failing and locations will close without giving any notice to employees, so you wake up one day without a job. Management was poor, a bunch of lazy overpaid babysitters. A typical day at work was hit or miss, sometimes we would go hours without having a single guest come in, some days we would have a nonstop rush for several hours. For the most part that is pretty typical in a restaurant.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
no benefits
Fun Workplace
Server/Host/Caterer (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLSeptember 19, 2018
Most definitely a place I will never forget. Ruby Tuesday helped me out of my shell. Ill never forget the place or the people I have worked with who became my Ruby family. The food is great, service and management are wonderful too. I wish I could have stayed longer. But.. life was calling me and I needed to find a full time, steady job that can benefit me as I am benefiting it. Its time for me to find a career. But if anyone needs a job that you can be both business and personal..Ruby Tuesdays is for you. Its a great job to start your life and there are so many wonderful people there willing to guide you.
Pros
atmosphere, management, co workers, discounts
Cons
no benefits, lack of desired hours
Lackluster management and disorganized
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 23, 2018
Was a cook, only gave 2 or 3 cooks enough hours to be full time. Management was disorganized and never ordered enough supplies so we constantly ran out of stuff then got chewed out for it. Never let cooks know about specials like bogo ect. Management played favorites, actually witnessed servers literally crying to management to get others fired. Serious lack of communication between the 5 managers, one would tell you one thing then another would do the opposite. Didn't get raise I was told I'd get, and scheduling was a joke, 30+ hrs one week and 8 the next. Did enjoy working with my fellow cooks. That was about the only thing enjoyable about working there.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Short breaks (if any), bad management and horrible organization.
Many great people over the years
Chef, Assistant manager, General manager (Former Employee) –  Kearney, Grand Island, NESeptember 16, 2018
Typical work day would be from 10-12 hours. I learned much about the corporate restaurant industry and day to day operations of a national chain. Management wanted what was best for the success of the company and each individual location. The culture of the restaurant was really determined by how management handled each shift and how we worked together to meet certain goals set by the team and upper management. The hard part of the job was also a very enjoyable part of the job, the constant changes to menu items and procedures was very challenging but fun to keep everyone sharp.
Pros
Fast-paced and exciting
Cons
High pressure equals high turnover
Nightmarish
Garden Bar Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 12, 2018
Initially promoted an atmosphere of teamwork making the dream work. Shortly in, an understaffed, overworked, poorly managed nightmare is revealed. Garden bar is made out especially to be a lone job, which is fine when it’s slow, but when things are busy and the person in this position is left to cater to a whole restaurant going for salad deals without any assistance whatsoever because they’ll be guilted severely by their higher ups for asking for it, it’s difficult. Management would overlook your benefits and PTO when it was finally acquired. They would work you through back to back double over holidays and weekends sometimes without breaks. They were sly with their wages and often hired new hands with no experience and offering little help at an increased rate from tenured employees doing all the real work. Not an experience I’d hope to endure again.
Pros
Occasional discounts on meals
Cons
Short to no breaks; unfair wages; poor treatment of tenured staff; poor management
Management cares about about you only as a topic of gossip
Server (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJDecember 16, 2018
The clients are rude and make up things for free food and managers always take their side. I had problems with co-workers and management did nothing to stop the miss treatment. The managers take a genuine interest in your life and goals which makes you think they are kind and understanding, but they are big gossipers. Your business is aired out in public.
Pros
Discounts on food, you can get days off fairly easily
Cons
Spineless managment, long hours, Catty co-workers
Ruby Tuesday was the one place i was happy at.
Assistant Manager/Manager (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAAugust 14, 2018
Ruby Tuesday has brought me into a different life i once was in. Been with the company for 4 years and if it wasnt for a dumb decision, i wish i would have never left. Maybe one day they will decide to have me back. Right now i want something different and want to be apart of another company. I loved working there, the culture and atmosphere. Being a manager, i really tried to do my best by devolping good employees, and a good place to not only work in, but a family environment.
Pros
free meals while working, 50% when off, and 25% for up to 6 people
Cons
Medical benefits suck, changing of menu so much
Wouldn't recommend working here.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNOctober 21, 2018
There isn't much for me to say. I only worked at Ruby Tuesday for little over a month, but during that month it was a mess. Servers were nice, but tend to be a little harsh at times. Managers were okay, well most of them. As a hostess I was solely responsible for greeting guests and seating them. I would also clean the bathrooms, organize the tables, booth and menus and help buss tables for the servers when they were too busy.
Pros
nice people
Cons
horrible management, long hours
Workplace
Hostess/server (Former Employee) –  Dillon, CONovember 6, 2018
This place was fun and meet cool people but not a job you can make a career out of. Low pay and no benefits. Good management but always on the same page.
Pros
good food
Cons
not a career type job
Cool people horrible management
Hostess/Server/bartender/expo/Togo/saladbar (Current Employee) –  Lisbon, CTJuly 12, 2018
You get to work with some cool people that kind of make tour day better but the GM is awful!! She always has an attitude & ive seen her drinking behind the bar some days, she likes to play favorites with her employees and lets certain people get away with murder, she lets her favorite bartender drink on the job and she will join her at times as well. When you’re looking for her you can never find her because she’s outside on her phone smoking. Worst GM I’ve had ... and then there’s only 1 good manager who’s great at his job and actually cares but you need more than 1 good manager to run the restaurant. It’s not worth working there until management is fixed. You’ll be there for long hours with a bunch of people all not making any money, I wouldn’t suggest it
Pros
50% on food when you’re working
Cons
No breaks, sucky ma
Going out of Business
Salaried Restaurant Manager FOH (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLOctober 27, 2018
Not stable / going out of business

Poor upper management

Low salary / long hours

Unrealistic expectations from corporate & upper management

Happy I left
All around upbeat environment and experience
Shift Supervisor/Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 25, 2018
I found the manager that I worked for to be very easy to talk to and handled situations in a fair manner. The other employees were fun to work with although it seemed as though very few considered this job as a career. Training was updated frequently and standards were clearly set. All in all, a place I would gladly work in again as well as refer to another applicant.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Upper management did not receive proper promotions
Needs adjustment to its management staff.
Cook, Dishwasher, Expo (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHAugust 20, 2018
This company needs to investigate the work being done here. The management does okay, but it doesn't do enough. There were situations that happened that should have resulted in employees getting fired, yet they'd turn a blind eye to it. Also, favoritism, as well as certain employees getting special treatment. It was another place that doesn't show it's staff enough recognition for hard work.
Pros
Keeps things interesting
Cons
Poor management and favoritism
Not very forgiving, has lost their identity.
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHAugust 22, 2018
I don't badmouth because it's in poor taste. But this place has lost who they are. They make continued changes to how the items are prepared, even adding new items to the menu without any notification to make sure we even have the product. It's very fast paced, and they don't train properly. After 4 days, if you didn't pick anything up from the training, then you didn't really have a chance. Management is decent, but opportunities for advancement are nonexistent.
Generally Good Work Environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Bedford, VADecember 4, 2018
I enjoyed working with whom i did. The management was very decent, we were treated equally with the exception of hours at some times. Everyone worked together as a team. Things were not quite as organized as they are where i work now, but it is indeed a franchise restaurant chain.
Benefits
Cons
poor hours at times
Great Experience
Culinary Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNJuly 29, 2018
Work on system keys, pricing, and future national promotions.
SQL coding, and the internal structure of the restaurant business.
My manager was amazing.
I enjoyed workplace culture.
Coding and testing
People I worked with.
Pros
Occasional free food.
Cons
High upper management turn over rate.
fun place
FOH Staff (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTDecember 6, 2018
Rubys has been fun place to work for many years with a family like atmosphere. Most employees have been there 5+ years so we are all close. Advancement into management is possible, but unless you would like to do that, "moving up" basically consists of working the "best" shifts for the full 40 hours.
it can be a great place to work most days
Chef (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 25, 2018
If you work in the kitchen forget move up, it dose matter how much experience you have in the FOH OR BOH . been there six years and can't be a shift leader, girl be there one year and shift leader.not the place for someone who want to work from the bottom and want to move up management.with the right co-worker it can be easy even on a busy day. but most days is hard in the kitchen because we have people just lazy or first time working in a kitchen,management sometime they help, but most you on your own. bottom line if you can find a full time job somewhere else go, Ruby Tuesday is good for three to four day a week part-time 20-25 a week.
Pros
half off food, healthcare, home by 12
Cons
kitchen staff can't move up
Ruby Tuesday
Chef (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYSeptember 6, 2018
Good Pay just not enough hours to support a family. Maybe if there were raises available it would be easier to work there. Also, it would be easier to work there if they would allow you to work full time.They won't let you work 40 hours or get any over time so I would only recommend it to high school students or anyone that needs to make a little extra money, not make a living.
Pros
Good pay starting off.
Cons
Not enough hours and no raises.
Productive atomoshere with great responsibiltity
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Crossville, TNDecember 4, 2018
I typically close Ruby's bar. Doing so I get to advance my communication skills with the regulars and bar guests. The management has been quite interesting; for the most part it ran smoothly under the general manager, but he experienced health problems recently and no one is technically in control now. The work place was controlled strictly and used to run greatly with all check times being under twelve minutes. The hardest part for me was getting the regulars used to having a male bartender, but I have been bartending over a year and am now the head bartender. The respect between everyone from co workers to guests, is what I enjoy mostly about working here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruby Tuesday. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.2K
31.1K

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight