Ruby Tuesday

Clear

Found 1,101 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,450 reviews
tuesdayguserverrestaurantcustomamazehourenjoy

Great atmosphere

I worked here 16 years ago. Managment, staff, and pay I am certain have changed. Staff support was ok, daily meal discounts great, customer bank was great.

Super Ghetto and Childish

No one ever takes their role serious from servers assistants all the way up through corporate. Customer complaints were never taken serious. Employee complaints were hardly taken care of. Training for all positions were a joke (as in, there were barely any). I enjoyed my coworkers as many of us came from different cultures and backgrounds but I wish someone had cared about our restaurant more.

Ruby Tuesday insights

Based on 1,541 survey responses
What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Good money. The restaurant itself is slowly falling apart and corporate doesn’t seem to care much.

I enjoy my coworkers. The customers are usually older( some miserable) but at the end of the day i make good money. Around 800 a week. Management is shaky. We are one of the best teams in our region and when we win competitions we aren’t rewarded for it.

Great work environment, bad restaurant

I loved my experience at ruby tuesday. I worked there for a while and I did have some bad managers. However majority of managers were very cool people. I liked the culture of ruby. A lot of people knew each other fromVarious locations. However the restaurant was horribly maintained. And the food was bad an not fresh. Customers were rarely happy. Loved my coworkers though

A tremendous waste of 12 years.

I began working for Ruby Tuesday in June of 2008. Back then there seemed to be a clear message in both company culture and their product. Then the recession happened, and (understandably) the company began to change their operating principles and procedures. Items that had been on the menu that were considered staples were removed. Our signature salad bar was changed enough that long time loyal guests began to stop coming in. What's more, the coupons started. By saturating the newspapers with BOGO coupons that ran almost constantly, we created a culture of bounce back guest who only came in BECAUSE of the discount. Managers are expected to work understaffed in many cases. And as a manager myself, i was instructed to burden the existing staff with doing more than one job, even though they were not fairly compensated to do so. I spent 12 years working for them in various capacities (server, manager, shift manager) and not once did i even hear a thank you from our corporate office for my years of service. All in all, i would never recommend them as an employer to anyone.

Very supportive staffing.

I have had a very positive experience working at Ruby Tuesday. The staff and management go out of their way to make you feel like a part of the team. Great place to work for a college student.

Pros

Fun work environment

Cons

High turnover with service staff

Amazing management team makes for an outstanding place to work

The only employment I've had where I thoroughly enjoy going to work on a daily basis. The Ruby's environment is very team oriented and management is very hands-on.

Fun place to work

It was a fun place to work while going to school. The salad bar was delicious. Great manager who took care of his staff and was very flexible. The whole staff was a pleasure to work with.

Moving up

Great atmosphere, more productive things are happening and everything looks to be falling into place. Proud of the hard work that I am continuing to see improve more and more each day!!!

Pros

Great people

Cons

Can be stressful sometimes

Amazing work place and comfortable atmosphere

Awesome staff and amazing management, loved working for Ruby Tuesday and hope to continue in the future as it is an amazing first job, very glad I had the opportunity to work there.

Fun work environment

Fun work environment with plenty money to be made, everyday is different and staff becomes like a family. 10/10 would recommend to work as a young first time job

Pros

Fun coworker

Cons

Rude customers

Na

I enjoyed working here a few years ago. Great atmosphere great staff great management. Hours go by quick and it was an enjoyable job. I highly recommend it

It was a good employer

Wish they were still open in New Bern I would work there again.. loved my managers and other staff. To bad the highway has to come right thru there and the building will be torn down soon..

Good culture Good management

Used to be a good place to work. It’s not very busy anymore. The company wasn’t doing well before Covid. And we were hurt more than others by it because we have a salad bar

Pros

Good culture. Good management

Cons

Not enough customers coming in anymore

Awesome coworkers. I worked in a college town and it was a lot of fun.

Management sucks probably because they’re all 40+ managing a RT. The coworkers are all wonderful and it’s a place to hustle & bustle and make some money if you’re willing to flip tables. Enjoyed my time there for the most part.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

The staff and management were always fantastic, the corporate side of things wasn't quite as good but still a great place to work. Everyone is friendly and works together as a team

Great Place to work!

I loved my job here everyone was so nice and supportive, if you're a team member this is the place for you! Must be full time for benefits though but they are very flexible with your need of days.

Pros

Team production, great company

Cons

No benefits

Great work enviroment

I enjoyed my time at the Ruby Tuesday. It was a great atmosphere to work in with good bosses and the food was delicious. I would recommend to anyone who wants to work here.

They communicated well and the managers were helpful, easy going, and had a lot of patients.

I really enjoyed the experience with a great group of people. My managers were very understanding and professional. They made it joyous and educational.

Pros

Testing the new menu items

Cons

Dealing with difficult customers

Fun place to work at if you in school.

Place was okay and I was able to have a flexible shift when needed, but most co workers were very rude. Although I didn’t come to work to make friends wish the environment was better.

Pros

As a host pay was great.

Cons

Under Staff

Loved it

I had a great team. Management was focused on teamwork and had some sort of team get together every other month. We had almost no staff turnaround. Management jumped in to help when needed.

Pros

Great team and management

Cons

Just not enough pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruby Tuesday. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.6
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight