Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews in Norfolk, VA

Found 28 reviews matching the search See all 4,572 reviews
Constant learning environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 29, 2019
I think this job is great a teaching people things about themselves and how to handle others. I have been able to teach a lot of great life lessons to my younger staff that will help them in the long run.
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
Long Hours
Productive fun environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 20, 2019
I loved working here. My coworkers and managers were very welcoming. Training was very informative and helpful. The food is great. Also the employee discount was very helpful.
Pros
50% discounts on meals, Great Hours
Poor
BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 30, 2019
Overall this company does not care about the employees’ well being at all. I was paid 2.13 an hour and was required to clean urinals and tidy up toilets during the shift (I was a server and bartender). I had to tip out the hostess for just seating guests and the host was not allowed to help me bus tables. At one point we were given our shifts and sections based on our average tip percentage, which was extremely disheartening because as anyone who has been in the service industry knows, this is sometimes out of our control. Management was sometimes unbareable (micromanaged to the extreme) but I believe this is only because corporate put an immense amount of pressure them. Terrible experience overall.
It was ok
Server/Host/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 21, 2018
Typical day of work, No PREP EVER DONE all three managers were a joke as leaders or running a restaurant, 4 total cooks employed, work line shift, then have to close dish station down and salad bar, salad bar workers never close or close THERE station down, so cook, dish and salad bar all in same shift, work 3 "doubles" in a row with 1 day off a week. For 4 months straight then I quit Fairview store is a horrible place to work
Upper management was amazing
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 13, 2018
I enjoyed working with this company...we downsized and the location I was transferred to was not a good fit for me. There was a shift and while I enjoyed the culture of the restaurant I felt like a lateral move was my best option.
good work place
Cook/Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 25, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job is learning. A typical day at work is learning more. management is great. work place culture is great. the hardest part is some of my coworkers is not a team player.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
no 401k
Fast paced work environment with opportunities to grow in public communication and interaction
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 17, 2018
A flexible work environment that enabled me to grow in my conversation techniques. My favorite part of working with Ruby Tuesday's was my ability to connect with the guests and build rapport with clientele. The hardest part was working with coworkers who did not have the same motivation to provide a cohesive work environment.
Pros
Diverse demographic of guests
Cons
Inconsistent management
great
Garden Bar Attendant (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 23, 2018
just a great place to work and a very great atmosphere. I enjoy the environment and all the management I work with, they have helped me succeed and have showed me the Ruby Way. Excellent place to work and would pass it on to friends to work there. There is no hard part of the job, everything consist of just simple task that can be done if you pay attention to what you are doing. I enjoy every little bit of the job. Everyday I work it is relaxed busy, and very interesting to know I will always have something new to complete and new task to take care of. It really does keep me busy
Pros
great discounts
Cons
not applicable
can't complain
Manager/ International (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 16, 2018
good place to work, great people, good training. The company has allowed me to travel overseas and open new restaurants for them. Always room to grow if you are willing to put the time in.
Pros
food, benefits
Cons
people
Not fair with pay
Host (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 19, 2017
This place is a wonderful place to work very relaxed position .but the pay is not enough to provide this would definitely be a part time gig but not a. Full-time
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No paid benefits
No a fun place to work very stressful
Chef on the Line (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 30, 2017
No review l had a bad experience at the location l worked at, there was a lot of favored employees who got all the hours.We had about Three different managers with no direction or team work. I worked double shifts to try make a paycheck.
Pros
Half off on meals
Cons
Short brakes
I loved working with food.
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 11, 2017
I would come in the mornings and start all to preparations for lunch. On the evening shifts, after the evening rushes, we would start clean up for closing.
Pros
I worked with a great crew.
Cons
How dirty you can get working with food
Restaurant
Sever/Hostess/Expo (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 9, 2017
This job is ok, but just that. Not much room for growth and serving individuals isn't the most rewarding, nonetheless I still put my best foot forward and the job itself has taught me so much about myself and my interactions with others.
Okay enviroment was more partyish
Hostess/server (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 11, 2017
It was a long time ago when i wormed tgere so im sure things have changed but for me personally it was more party scene after work then all go to work together and repeat over and over
Pros
Make decent money
Cons
Managers then sucked
Bar Manager
Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 10, 2017
I trained all new employees. I prepared liquor and beer inventory daily. I consult with vendors daily issued payments for vendor invoices. I learned how better prioritize my responsibilities.
challenge
Cook (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 18, 2017
You'd be surprised how many customers are come up with their own way of making Ruby Tuesdays signature burgers. The only challenge was to keep up with business pace and customer satisfaction , which can be defeated.
Waitress
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 31, 2016
I enjoyed working for the company. It was a fun and diverse place to work. The guests were enjoyable and I loved coming to work. The flow of the workplace was nonstressful.
Felt a high level of importance in my position every shift I worked, and the support around me was awesome!
Salad Bar Attendant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 24, 2015
If anyone wants consistent paychecks with a consistent work atmosphere, Ruby Tuesday ranks with the best! As long as you showed up on time, and kept up with the pace of the business' demand, you definitely had room for guaranteed financial stability! And the work staff around you was very family friendly! Very comfortable atmosphere to work in!
Pros
Weekly pay, opportunity to learn preparation of great gourmet dishes, very openly communicative managrment.
Cons
Pay rate per hour is quite low, and during down seasons, you lose a lot of hours on the clock.
Fast pace job.
Crew (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 1, 2015
Wendy's was my first job so it was a lot to me at the time, as far as maintaining traveling to work from school and getting off at night and taking the bus all the way back home. Management was about great quality of food. make sure the customer gets exactly what he or she ask for on the first time and make sure the food is exceptional. Teaches you to work under a lot of pressure and how to think when or while being rushed.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Distance away from home
It was a well put together place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Norfolk VaJune 25, 2015
My coworkers where very helpful and very friendly and thats what made my job so great. Far as what I learned, I have learned to food run and serve. To be honest there was no hard part of my job.The most enjoyable part was to see the smiles on the customers faces when they leave

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruby Tuesday. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.4K
31.2K

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight