Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews in Syracuse, NY

Found 10 reviews matching the search See all 4,635 reviews
Ruby tuesday is a fast place to work at
Dishwasher/Cook (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 8, 2019
I love working at Ruby Tuesday because it was a fast pace and nice respectful people to work with. They have all of their stuff in order and neat. The dress code is nice and good.
they hire felons
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 11, 2019
it is fast-paced but the people there make the experience enjoyable. There are always opportunities to pick up extra shifts and extra hours. They hire felons and believe in second chances.
stressful place to work
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 21, 2017
the company I very disorganized and management had no idea what there doing the employees know more then the management does and it stressful to work in an environment that has no idea what there doing
fun upbeat work environment
Destiny USA - Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 11, 2017
I loved working at Ruby Tuesdays, it was my first restaurant job. The management was amazing and caring. They noticed and praised hard work when it was being done. It was a very fast paced job. I sat the door, bussed tables, helped bring drinks, cleaned the windows, vacuumed ,swept, rolled silverware and set the tables properly.
Pros
friendly managment
Cons
short breaks
Fun work setting for the employees
Head Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 6, 2016
I had a great learning in cooking food up to prep code. The people are as happy and great as the day go on. we get a rush its was like every work in harmony.
Pros
dicount meals
A productive work place
Hostess and Server assistant (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 5, 2015
fun work place at times. I've learned a lot of drama has happened to cause a lot of good employees to turn their backs. I feel as management should learn their employees more to make employees workplace more comfortable. Co-workers are great when working with the right management, they know when it time for fun it's time for fun when it's time for work it's time for work. The hardest part about the job is keeping a smile on your face while dealing with a rude customer; but the best part is when a customer tells you they had great service and they will be back. That means I've done my job!
Pros
half off great food
Cons
hours
Safe and healthy work place enviroment.
Hostess, Server Assistant, Destiny USA (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NY Destiny USAFebruary 23, 2015
A typical day at work was meeting and greeting guests, working closely with team members about seating arrangements and answering phones to take reservations and answer questions.
I learned how to operate the computer systems, floor plans for seating arrangements and how important teamwork is.
Managers were upbeat and always available to help.
Working closely and having good communication with my other team members made the job easier.
The hardest part of the job was when the business would slow down. I like to keep busy, so I would try and find side jobs to keep myself occupied.
One of the most enjoyable parts of the job was making our guests happy. I find it quite satisfying to bring enjoyment to others.
Pros
Friendly workplace enviroment.
Cons
Slow business at times
Excellent teams and high standards company
Restaurant Manager/Corporate Training Team (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 7, 2014
Was able to work in multiple stores and do store openings as a corporate trainer
Pros
work in multiple stores
Overall good place to work
Server, Hostess, QSS, Expo (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 10, 2013
A typical day at work involved cleaning, waiting on tables, rolling silverware, and completing side work. I learned that restaurants have a very high turn over rate and management was always trying to get young fresh faces into the restaurant. My co-workers tended to be younger, and some were pretty immature. I made some really good friends in the process, but there was definitely a clique-type mentality instead of 100% teamwork. The hardest part of the job was the minimal recognition received when you were doing your job, and constantly being surrounded by at least one person who was doing everything to simply skate by. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to do my work to the best of my ability and learn self pride and discipline, and showing off my superstar skills to everyone.
Pros
50% discount on meals during/after your shift, flexible scheduling, great management
Cons
Healthcare is too expensive, location (new restaurants meant little business), high turnover