Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews for Bartender

Found 573 reviews matching the search See all 4,416 reviews
N/a
Server/ bartender (Former Employee) –  Saint Robert, MOJuly 15, 2019
It was pretty much a laid back job. I worked as a bartender, running the micros, serving drinks, checking id's, operating a cash register, responsible for giving change back and turning in a 200.00 drawer at the end of my shift.
The Management provides a collaborative and enjoyable working environment.
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJJuly 14, 2019
Ruby Tuesday in Brick NJ is a safe and sanitary work place. The staff are friendly and helpful. The guests are very nice. The management team is professional and hands on. I would highly recommend working here.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, Collaborative work environment.
Great Customers
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJuly 1, 2019
Great customers, decent manager, great promotions. Hardest part is getting used to the atmosphere anymore. I learned how to bartend and serve in a dinner atmosphere.
it depends on the location
BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 26, 2019
I would suggest working at some locations. it depends on the management. ruby Tuesdays in dutch square is a joke. very low standards. loyal employee are treated like garbage and disposable.
Ok
Bartender, Server (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAJune 23, 2019
The GM is great! I think the store could use several upgrades. Corporate should take better care of employees. Overall I'd recommend it. You'll do so much here that going other places would be a breeze. Good place to start serving.
Challenging but rewarding
Server / Bartender (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHJune 15, 2019
I took on this position so i can make positive changes to my workplace and create competitive and goal oriented projects for the store. I started as a server and worked my way up to management.
Busy work style with different demands each day.
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Troy, ALJune 15, 2019
A typical day at work a vary between constant incoming tables to the store being empty for hours. I've learned to multitask and keep my workspace in order while being busy. Management can vary depending on who is present which can be bothersome. The workplace culture is depends on who is working that shift; everyone can work together as a team or one person can pul all the weight. The hardest part of the job would be getting sat with a new table while taking orders or interacting with a party table. Running food and taking orders, filling drinks all at the same time can be hectic. But the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new customers who enjoy good service and conversation.
Pros
%50 of appetizers, entrees, and deserts per shift you work that day.
Cons
Short to no breaks between shifts if you work a double. Demanding on feet and legs.
Seems like they go backwards
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, IndianaJune 14, 2019
Upper management just doesn't care about the locations employees. We can't keep cooks and they tend to hire too many servers. The GM isn't even there most of the time.
If we could keep good management, it would be great
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Corinth, MSJune 10, 2019
Being as I am a bartender, I am always having a great day and that is the attitude I keep. The atmosphere is upbeat and social. There is nothing hard about the job. We have very loyal guests.
Fellow employees are like family
Bartender/Server/ Hostess (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCMay 30, 2019
Always felt welcomed and at home. Unfortunately poor management. The Garden Bar is excellent is the Ruby Tuesday platform for making sales. Also a huge fan of "so connected" because of awesome coupon deal. Favorite part of working there was the regulars.
Temporary
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 17, 2019
This was a temporary job through and after college.
I enjoyed this job, but benefits weren't good and needed to make more mo money. Great for college-aged people or people who aren't in dire need for money.
Horrible management
Manager/Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 10, 2019
They will use you like a slave. They only give you hours if they are under staffed. Some managers will target you if they don’t like. For example make you do extra work others employees don’t do.
Pros
50% off lunch
Cons
Get mad if you take a break on a 12 hour shift
Worst company ever
lead trainer/bartender (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 8, 2019
This is by far the worst company to work for. They treat everyone like criminals. They don't know who they are as a brand. I have been there for 6 years and they change their mind on what the direction the company goes every 3-6 months. The whole company is going out of business. The location I worked at shut down recently along with hundreds of others. They gave us zero notice. Nobody there has a secure job. Save yourself the headache and find a real restaurant to work at.
Pros
Cons
The company is going out of business.
Good business , just lack of business
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDApril 29, 2019
Great please to work. Been there four years just lack of business because of location. Plenty of time off and requests for days off and vacations are almost always approved.
Very high energy an fun place to work
Bartending (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAApril 25, 2019
Make 2.13 an hr plus tips have to know how to multitask an keep up its alot of work but fun overall i serve tables make drinks in da well do to gos on the phone ,doordash grub hub as well as online the guest are great most of the time guest needs to b greeted within 3 minutes i really enjoy bartending
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Need to work on alot of things as far as da restuarant
Decent place to work
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Mililani Town, HIApril 22, 2019
Work was easy most days and went according to plan/schedule. During busy times we received help from the management. Relaxed laid back work environment.
Not the best
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Moss Point, MSApril 19, 2019
This place treats you like your just there. They tell you one thing then they don't do what they say they would do. They either work you or they don't and then the tips suck. And tipping out people who make more then you an hour is not right
Fun work place full of great co workers
BARTENDER/SERVER (Current Employee) –  Gaylord, MIApril 15, 2019
Easy, fast paced work with helpful people on my shifts. Management is helpful and fun to be around. Everyone gets along really well. The hardest part would be when customers don't leave happy after trying everything in our power to.
Pros
25-50% discounts
Cons
Healthcare is expensive
The average day starts slow and becomes steady.
Bartender/Waitress/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIApril 15, 2019
We open at 11 am. Management arrives at 7am. The cooks arrive at 8 am. The bartender at 10:30am and the opening server at 10:45am. The hostess comes in at 11 am. The opening server makes the fresh brewed ice tea, 2 regular coffees and 1 decaf. As well at grab 4 buckets of ice for each server station and new towels and clean sanitizer buckets. A typical day is slow paced until we get a lunch rush. Some days like Monday or Wednesday we wouldn't get a rush and its quite predictable. You learn that its better to work together as a team, especially if its busy. The hardest part about the job is some people don't work as hard as other. The most enjoyable part is meeting new people and gathering business cards.
Pros
You get to go home early if its slow or too many servers are scheduled at once, We get 50% off our food when we work, Family gets 25% off food
Cons
healthcare benifits aren't included unless you're paying for them, Low hourly pay rate, Sometimes its not busy so you wont make money, It isn't consistant, No pay raises or over time pay
Great work place
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  McComb, MSApril 15, 2019
I loved working at Ruby Tuesday it was fun and exciting I learned how to mix drinks and made friends with my co workers so that made the work place run smooth and fast always on time and will ask for extra shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruby Tuesday. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.3K
31.2K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Ruby Tuesday.

Powered by Comparably