Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews for Host/Hostess

Found 343 reviews matching the search See all 4,493 reviews
Great Staff
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 28, 2018
typical day is was greeting customers, weekends was very fast past due it get busy, management was great and staff as well, workplace culture is a variety.
It's typically a good relaxing place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg PennsylvaniaMarch 23, 2018
The restaurant I work at was unorganized too many employees not enough hours and then enough discipline there wasn't enough managers and didn't make enough money
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Too many employees not enough hours
fun , enjoyable , exciting
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 12, 2018
Typical work day would me for me to come in and arrange the menus and switch the lunch our with the dinner . Then I would go fill up the sanitizer bottles .
Pros
Great way to work on your people skills
Cons
It is very High paced job can get very crowed
Flexible work Environment
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMarch 12, 2018
A typical day is manageable. Not too much work but also productive. I learned how to communicate with people as well as learn how to deal with different situations.
Pros
Flexible hours, half off of meals
Cons
Not a lot of staff members, management (certain ones)
a typical day at ruby tuesday
Host (Former Employee) –  north carolinaMarch 12, 2018
The job was not stressful at all. Job was based on a fast pace. The hours seem to get lesser an lesser when business slowed down. The job had a no security an benefits,
Pros
discounted meals, nice customers
Cons
salary, Management showed favortism
Work
Host/Kitchen (Current Employee) –  Springfield, PAMarch 12, 2018
If you want something as a part time job just to help supplement another job and/or your life, this may be the kind of job that you are looking for. If you are looking for a career, or advancement, I would not recommend this job.
challenging
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMarch 10, 2018
I say challenging as i was a host and working across the street from a famous place, we usually were very busy. As working the front door you see everyone and everything that goes on. over all was a fun and great place to work for. I choose to leave for another store as i could become a server and not just a host anymore.
Fun, quick-paced
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Royal Palm Beach, FLMarch 8, 2018
It would get really busy and it made the time go by faster, it was fun because i got along with everyone who worked there and it was always fun talking to customers and trying to give them the best experience
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
no paid sick or vacation time
Great atmosphere
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 28, 2018
Loved management very structed company a great company to work for would recommend anyone to work there ideas are always fresh and innovated staff is very professional
it sucked working there
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 23, 2018
it sucked working there. it was dead all the time, the people i worked with were ghetto and annoying as were the managers. now im over filling out these dumb reviews.
Expo/Host (Former Employee) –  Hackettstown, NJFebruary 22, 2018
Great place to gain job experience. Would recommended the job to college students and high school students. I was a college student and my manger assured me my job would be secured on return. I witnessed first hand that the managers made the same offer and followed up on that offer with other employees.
okay place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAFebruary 15, 2018
its an okay place to work but in my experience as a hostess and someone who tried to become a waitress multiple times not somewhere where you can get a job advancement.
productive, friendly staff
Host (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 12, 2018
A typical day at work is greeting guest upon arrival and sitting them down to where they wish but keeping rotation for servers so they could have a good pay. The hardest part is when it gets really busy and there is no seating for guests so they are upset because they can't sit and start eating. Although the good part is when everything is running smoothly and it's at a good pace.
Pros
discounts
Productive and Fun work environment
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Union, NJFebruary 3, 2018
The job is a lot of fun if you get to know the other hosts, cooks, servers, and bartenders. There are a lot of regular people who come into the restaurant, so building a close relationship with them is important.
Ruby's
Host (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 3, 2018
Some of the people were backstabbers to other servers. Whether it was trying to get them fired by messing up their tips or taking all the money. It seemed like a lot of the people were really fake and just put up a front. But, at the end of the day when you found the right people including managers it was a great job.
Pros
Sat when a host, some free food and drink when server
Cons
stolen money, rude people
A typical day at work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Tamuning, GUFebruary 1, 2018
A typical day at work would be greeting guests upon entering the establishment. I would seat the guests while following a seating chart and server rotation. I would buss and clean tables in a timely manner to ensure guest satisfaction.
Collaborative, fun working environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCJanuary 30, 2018
A typical day as a working class Ruby Tuesday hostess was a learning experience. Evaporating the culture of the workplace itself stood in the eyes and ears of listening to various music being played on loud speakers which set the mood for meeting and greeting new customers and patrons. Working as a seasonal temp though I found the most difficult part was feeling the holiday rush, Fridays and weekends were the same, no-easy task when operating the seating charts and answering calls. While on the other hand, the most enjoyable was escorting guests to their table of choice (always a pleasure) following the wide range of tasty foods that employees received discounts from. Management there was also good.
Pros
Eatery discounts
Cons
Hired only for seasonal, temporary help
decent temporary job for a steady hard worker
Host (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 29, 2018
Working at ruby Tuesdays as a host, I would greet guests and accommodate them with a welcoming smile as they come into the restaurant. Then, I would seat them at tables or booths. Once they leave, I would clean the tables of glasses and plates. I learned different responsibilities as a host within a steady paced restaurant. The hardest part of the job is just communicating and having all employees get along and be on the same agenda to achieve common goals. The most enjoyable part of the job was the food.
Pros
50% discount on meals & weekly pay
Cons
lack of benefits. Unable to work 40 hours or more.
It was decent
Host/Bartender/ Waitresss (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJanuary 25, 2018
Working at Ruby Tuesday is good job with you're in college. Helps get the bills and school finances paid. Definitely not something I would make a career out of personally.
It was a nice workplace, good for young people who are in school. Uts a goid place to work.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAJanuary 24, 2018
You have to have a good personal additude, wanting to deal with people. And knowing how to talk to people. Its always good to know how to smile at people, and talking to them at the seem time. Being a good person and loving the job you have.
Pros
Greet meal, discount
Cons
Ok breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruby Tuesday. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.3K
31.2K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Ruby Tuesday.

Powered by Comparably