Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews for Host/Server

Found 371 reviews matching the search See all 4,419 reviews
Hustle Hard!!!
Host/Server Asst (Current Employee) –  Moss Point, MSJuly 14, 2019
This job is honestly what you make it. They do not provide a uniform nor is there a company provided link to a uniform supplier if you work in the "Front of House" only kitchen staff are giving company clothing. But it's currently all black attire; button down shirts etc. As the seasons change so does the business some days it's slow others are hectic. The pace constantly changes. You get to interact with all types of people those who are traveling and especially those who live in the area.
Management was not all that great sometimes and the tips were not enough
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJuly 2, 2019
A typical day at work would not be too bad but on Saturdays and especially Sundays it would be a total disaster. Food tickets would go up to 45 minutes to an hour and a half regularly. The hardest part of any job as a server is being on your feet for however many hours. I enjoyed being a server otherwise and will always stick it out to do my job. Ruby Tuesday taught me a lot when it comes to what to do and what not to do with and around customers.
Eventful and Skill learning experiance
Server and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PAJune 27, 2019
I think Ruby Tuesday's was a great place to display my "serving skills" because the customer's I dealt with were people from regulars to new people. It taught me the bigger picture of serving people of all needs. It taught me patience and attentiveness to the demands of the situations I was dealt with.
Not a very good place
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 21, 2019
I don’t know if it’s like this at every Ruby Tuesday but the back of house staff were NOT sanitary at all and the managers never seemed to care. I was absolutely disgusted. Furthermore, they made me work outside of my job and clean dishes or help prep (which is illegal by the way) and would not pay me the hourly wage that those jobs made as well. It was a very frustrating environment.
Loved it!
HOST, SERVER, MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral,FlJune 13, 2019
I worked there right out of High School & it was a great place to work at! I had a great training & I was able to grow within the como fast, and je of my best jobs!
tips were okay
Server/Host (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 10, 2019
I did really enjoy this job and making tip money until the day I had a table walk out on their tab and the management crew made me pay for the table. other than this i had a good exp
Productive place to work and fast paced, coworkers are very friendly
Server/host (Former Employee) –  New Freedom, PAJune 6, 2019
Ruby Tuesday's is a productive place to work and the management is very lenient, and the guests are very friendly. We get a 50% discount on food, and when we are training someone we get free food. The hours are also very flexible.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Short breaks
I've never worked anywhere like this
Waitress/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Springfield, PAMay 23, 2019
Management was disrespectful to me the coworkers are hard to get along with and get stiff by the clientelethat comes in. it's a very organized restaurant they can't keep staff and that has to be for some reason.
Pros
Good hours because they have no staff
Kills you slowly
Server and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMay 22, 2019
Worst place I have ever worked . Management mock employees and yell at them in an excessive way that is completely uncalled for . No room for advancement stuck in one position and never moved . Employees not held to the same standards . I don’t recommend I’m sure this company will be closed in 3 years
Pros
Employee discount when working
Cons
Doesnt care about the job
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GAMay 21, 2019
The management wouldnt listen to anyone, would gossip with employees, always on their phone. The manager would only do their job once district managers came in and then step up and act as a manager.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Management, tip system, workplace in general
Very hectic and stressful
Server Assistant/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, VAMay 21, 2019
The job was very hectic and stressful even as a host. I got quite a few contradictory answers to the same questions and even contradicting instructions for the same job. Management was kinda disorganized and had very heavy favoritism. No one got breaks either.
Cons
no breaks, poor management
great
Hostess/Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 13, 2019
great food people are nice pretty inside salad bar is the best part nice bar prices are decent seating is nice not really ever a wait parking lot is pretty nice
Its an okay place to work
Server and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCMay 12, 2019
The management is not that great. The service is slow. The workers don't really care about their guests. Some days were good others were horrible. The portion size is too small.
Steady work and lovely people
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAApril 24, 2019
Working with ruby Tuesday was amazing. People were great and it was always lovely to serve such wonderful people. Would definitely work for them in a different location.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
No breaks. Not enough money.
No one wants to be at work
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 24, 2019
Management helps getting shifted around and current managers act like bullies. Co-workers don't want to work and no real training occurs. More stressful than it should be.
Pros
Discounted food, flexable hours
Cons
Everything else
Great people, fun place to work, great money if you are willing to work for it, awesome managers
Waitress/ Hostess (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IAApril 17, 2019
This is my favorite job. I absolutely love it. I never thought I would love being a server/host, but I love it and I have been at a lot of jobs. You name it, I've probably done it. Anyway, everyone there is amazing. You feel like family. The food is great, and you get 50% discount while working. It's a pretty easy job as long as you learn the menu and table numbers. The only problem is they aren't a 24 hour restaurant so in order to work full time you have to work split shifts and since I have children that became a problem with trying to find people to watch my kids for nights and weekends. Otherwise I was able to pay rent and bills serving fulltime. No benefits or maternity leave or paid days off. I still love it. Mostly because of my co workers and managers.
Pros
Great environment, fun job, great coworkers and managers, great food
Cons
No benefits, split shift
Very comfortable workplace, family-like co workers, and good pay.
Hostess and Server (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 16, 2019
I was introduced and treated like family my very first day. My training went smoothly and stress free, everyone had plenty of patience and we all helped each other with whatever it was we needed. The pay was more than good, the food was great, and not only did the workers get discounts, but if you and your family came into eat, you also got a discount then. It's a great environment all around.
Pros
Discounted lunches, occasional smoke breaks
Cons
Over time on a shift with no heads up.
Good people, great opportunities there
Hostess, Waitress, trainer, shift leader (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 10, 2019
I love the staff, customers and the place i worked at. It was a great experience working there and to move up in the business. I would recommend this place to everyone.
Very amazing boss
Server Assistant/Host (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVMarch 30, 2019
My manager was an amazing person that actually understood when life happened. She also made sure that her employees accomplished what needed to be accomplished. The only thing I would say is that it is really hard to get promoted. Other than that it is a wonderful place to work.
Pros
Fifty percent discount at Ruby Tuesday
Cons
Drama
Ruby Tuesday
Server/ Hostess (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 28, 2019
It taught me customer service.
Busy days were crazy because you dealt with angry customers who thought they should still be sat in a timely manner even when the restaurant was full.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruby Tuesday. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.3K
31.2K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Ruby Tuesday.

Powered by Comparably