Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews

Found 4,253 reviews matching the search See all 4,341 reviews
productive, fast
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32256June 17, 2019
Management was stressful a lot, but overall it was ok. Watch out for the other servers. I don't know who works there now, but at the time they would start and spread real nasty rumors. So, trust no one and keep to yourself for your sanity.
Challenging but rewarding
Server / Bartender (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHJune 15, 2019
I took on this position so i can make positive changes to my workplace and create competitive and goal oriented projects for the store. I started as a server and worked my way up to management.
Busy work style with different demands each day.
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Troy, ALJune 15, 2019
A typical day at work a vary between constant incoming tables to the store being empty for hours. I've learned to multitask and keep my workspace in order while being busy. Management can vary depending on who is present which can be bothersome. The workplace culture is depends on who is working that shift; everyone can work together as a team or one person can pul all the weight. The hardest part of the job would be getting sat with a new table while taking orders or interacting with a party table. Running food and taking orders, filling drinks all at the same time can be hectic. But the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new customers who enjoy good service and conversation.
Pros
%50 of appetizers, entrees, and deserts per shift you work that day.
Cons
Short to no breaks between shifts if you work a double. Demanding on feet and legs.
Great Workplace... Ive worked there five times!
Shift Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  London, KYJune 15, 2019
This place was like a second home to me, not because I was there all the time. But because it was like a family away from family. if someone had something going on the whole staff would be there for comfort or advice. I would do it again if I had too.
Seems like they go backwards
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, IndianaJune 14, 2019
Upper management just doesn't care about the locations employees. We can't keep cooks and they tend to hire too many servers. The GM isn't even there most of the time.
Fun environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 14, 2019
The staff is always happy, everyone works as a team, as well management is good there because they are willing to work around school schedules and always make sure to make the best out of every situation.
Loved it!
HOST, SERVER, MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral,FlJune 13, 2019
I worked there right out of High School & it was a great place to work at! I had a great training & I was able to grow within the como fast, and je of my best jobs!
I like it
server (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 12, 2019
I really enjoy my job, it is high-paced and can get busy but I dont mind. I like my co-workers and the management is very on top with issues over all.
Pros
flexible hours
It was an OK Job
GARDEN BAR SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOJune 12, 2019
Every morning I will come in and set up garden bar. I stared by checking the temperature of certain food items and performing inventory on the dry stock and fridge items. Through out the day I would stock garden bar food items while I also stock the fridge to better prepare for garden bar.At the end of the night I would stock up all garden bar items to put in the fridge. Then perform inventory before cleaning and leaving.
Don’t do it.
Manager (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJune 12, 2019
All area restaurants a short staffed (managers and employees). Upper management has an extremely unrealistic idea of how to operate the company. It seems like the restaurants only goal is to support the corporate office not the other way around. The bonus plan is laughable. They close restaurants with no notice and will term the staff giving team members a $100 check and wishing them best of luck.
Rubys is nice
Dishwasher/Salad Bar (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJune 12, 2019
I have worked for Ruby Tuesday for 9 out of 10 past years, and I believe it is a great college job. They offer 401k, which I participated in, and other benefits, which I did for a while but not anymore. Even though they don't pay much, I have saved a considerable amount through the 401k. Now that I have graduated college, I am ready to move forward in my career.
Fun place to work but the top management is horrible
Server/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Festus, MOJune 12, 2019
Poor management, ridiculous turnaround, very little team work.
The money most days is good, but as with any serving job that is not promised.
They did work with my schedule and get me time off when I needed it.
bad untolerable
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 11, 2019
I am a skilled player and this establishment is being ran to nthe ground with poor everything im not a critic but this place is a crumble session and wont go anywhere
If we could keep good management, it would be great
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Corinth, MSJune 10, 2019
Being as I am a bartender, I am always having a great day and that is the attitude I keep. The atmosphere is upbeat and social. There is nothing hard about the job. We have very loyal guests.
excellent review
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJune 10, 2019
Ruby Tuesday was a great place to work. I just couldn't balance work and illness. I would still be there if I could've juggled it with my illness, Great co-workers and management
No room for growth
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Belcamp, MDJune 10, 2019
Servers got all the tips Cooks didn't get anything and we worked hard and also I felt like I work too hard for the pay that I was getting I would not recommend working here and it is actually closed down anyway so there's no reason to look into itgee
Pros
Cons
No breaj
tips were okay
Server/Host (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 10, 2019
I did really enjoy this job and making tip money until the day I had a table walk out on their tab and the management crew made me pay for the table. other than this i had a good exp
Productive, busy, stressful
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAJune 6, 2019
I liked working at ruby tuesdays, but they do have a lot of company errors, it is good pay for back of house workers, yet not enough hours even making ten dollars an hour I still only averaged many 100 dollars a week meaning ten or less hours a week for myself. I can’t live off that!!
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Not enough money, not enough hours, no breaks
Productive place to work and fast paced, coworkers are very friendly
Server/host (Former Employee) –  New Freedom, PAJune 6, 2019
Ruby Tuesday's is a productive place to work and the management is very lenient, and the guests are very friendly. We get a 50% discount on food, and when we are training someone we get free food. The hours are also very flexible.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Short breaks
Need better values for employees.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEJune 6, 2019
They only pay minimum wage the week of trainning then all wages for all positions are covered by tips that the servers must hand in to be distributed out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruby Tuesday. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.3K
31.1K

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight