Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews

Found 4,332 reviews matching the search See all 4,424 reviews
Fast paced place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJuly 5, 2019
Ruby Tuesdays is a very large chain with many opportunities to advance within the restaurant. Typically a busy place with a good overall attitude. I reccomend working here.
Bad mangers
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Palm City, FLJuly 4, 2019
I would work 15 hours a week then they would go a whole month without giving some people work there. Sometimes they would just stop giving hours to people there for no reason. They would have 2 cooks in the kitchen and sometimes 5. Other places I worked at would have 7 to 15 cooks in the kitchen. They are very under staffed. They had a huge roach problem on the salad bar and did nothing about it back in 2008.
Terrible company
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Canfield, OHJuly 3, 2019
Worked for ruby Tuesday for 5 years and was underpaid, treated terrible and management was a joke. Benefits are horrible and over priced for what they offer. The company is terrible
Pros
Cons
Pay is terrible, benefits are horrible, company doesn’t care about employees
Managment did not coach team members
Server/Trainer/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAJuly 2, 2019
The restaurant was dirty as well as the kitchen. Staff were rude to customers. Management was never on the floor helping servers and customers. Staff showed up to work high.
Management was not all that great sometimes and the tips were not enough
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJuly 2, 2019
A typical day at work would not be too bad but on Saturdays and especially Sundays it would be a total disaster. Food tickets would go up to 45 minutes to an hour and a half regularly. The hardest part of any job as a server is being on your feet for however many hours. I enjoyed being a server otherwise and will always stick it out to do my job. Ruby Tuesday taught me a lot when it comes to what to do and what not to do with and around customers.
Typical server job
Server (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 2, 2019
Working here was a typical server job. The managers are nice and the atmosphere is pretty casual. Good job for someone without any server experience yet.
Great Customers
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJuly 1, 2019
Great customers, decent manager, great promotions. Hardest part is getting used to the atmosphere anymore. I learned how to bartend and serve in a dinner atmosphere.
Productive and fun workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Farmville, VAJuly 1, 2019
I would recommend as a first time job. Do not understand why I need to review a previous job. This is not helping me get another job and simply wasting my time.
Productive fast paced
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTJuly 1, 2019
A productive fast paced environment with a fun atmosphere no overtime available if that's what you're looking for though but overall a good place to work
Nice place
Server (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCJuly 1, 2019
Nice environment to sit and eat at with all of your family for any and every kind of special occasion great service and great food. Super cozy and love the staff
Productive and fun place to work
Chef (Former Employee) –  Alcoa, TNJune 29, 2019
Teach very good cooking skills.i learned much recipes and cooking than i knew before.nothong is hard to learn on menu.change menu items every 6 months to add more of a change and try new things.
Fun workplace
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Charles Town, WVJune 28, 2019
Fun people to work with, laid back work environment. Got very busy at times but everyone worked togehe to get the job done. Never had a problem with any one there.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Overall good people bad managment
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  South Attleboro, MAJune 28, 2019
It was a good place to start working in a kitchen the staff wete helpful and everything was fine but throughout time and a few changes to management moral has gone down and its become harder to be happy there.
Don't work here
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Inverness, FLJune 28, 2019
This was just a temporary job until I found the one I'm at currently. I personally wouldn't recommend this Ruby Tuesdays for anyone to work at. Very dirty place for a restaurant.
Eventful and Skill learning experiance
Server and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PAJune 27, 2019
I think Ruby Tuesday's was a great place to display my "serving skills" because the customer's I dealt with were people from regulars to new people. It taught me the bigger picture of serving people of all needs. It taught me patience and attentiveness to the demands of the situations I was dealt with.
Its not that bad
Server (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJune 26, 2019
I would say its a fun and great job. Just don't over work yourself because a lot of times even if you're a great person or server, not everyone will tip. The customers barely tip at all. I can come out with 20$ a day to 40$. It just depends I guess. I loved the experience.
it depends on the location
BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 26, 2019
I would suggest working at some locations. it depends on the management. ruby Tuesdays in dutch square is a joke. very low standards. loyal employee are treated like garbage and disposable.
Experiance Depends on Location
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Foley, ALJune 26, 2019
I was lucky that I worked at the Foley location. I had excellent managers who cared about their employees. That being said, it is very stressful, the customers are rude, and you get paid next to nothing because in my locale, nobody tips.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
no breaks, no cut time, stressful environment, bad/no benefits
Terrible management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJune 26, 2019
Worked there for a few months. Hostile work environment. Awful management and leadership. No way to live off of a hostess wage as a single mother....
Exelente trabajo y trabajadores.
Cook and Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CT , Lisbon, CtJune 24, 2019
Es uno de los lugares más increíble que e trabajado !!! E increibles managers y empleados Se trabaja tan bien !!! Su administrador es el mejor jefe de la historia, todos son muy trabajadores...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruby Tuesday. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.3K
31.2K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Ruby Tuesday.

Powered by Comparably