Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews

Found 4,324 reviews matching the search See all 4,416 reviews
Slow paced environement
Host (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCJune 21, 2019
If your are looking to make $100 a day or per shift this is not the place to apply for as a server. The restaurant itself has been going downhill with the constant changes in the menu and customer complaints because of it.
Not a very good place
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 21, 2019
I don’t know if it’s like this at every Ruby Tuesday but the back of house staff were NOT sanitary at all and the managers never seemed to care. I was absolutely disgusted. Furthermore, they made me work outside of my job and clean dishes or help prep (which is illegal by the way) and would not pay me the hourly wage that those jobs made as well. It was a very frustrating environment.
Down culture very negative
G.M., AGM, Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 21, 2019
The reason why rubies failed and shut down v90 or so stores is because they did not pay attention to their profit. They did not fix their issues quickly. Very complacent attitude towards problems instead of fixing then quicker
Pros
Cons
Many
Fast paced work enviornment
Host (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJune 20, 2019
As my first job my mangers were very encouraging and helped inspire me to want to continue in a career in the restaurant industry. The team work was encouraging
Was once great but it's time has passed
General Manager (Former Employee) –  PAJune 20, 2019
Once a great company but since 2008, it became very tough. Revolving door of top management and officers ruined the culture and alienated anyone with tenure. Felt like a sinking ship in 2016.
Beginning was great and enjoyable
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Commerce, GAJune 20, 2019
In the first year it was great but it definitely started going down hill. Both in caring for the employees and the customers. They are great working with different schedule needs and schooling schedules.
Pros
Works with your schedule
Cons
Just depends on which one you work at
Great culture. Not always followed through on.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2019
Good Corporate culture. They just seemed confused as to where they wanted to position themselves. When I worked there they were going upscale. When that didn't work they went back to a lot of coupons and lower prices.
fast pace
Product Operation/ Back of the house (Former Employee) –  Waterford, CTJune 19, 2019
straight to work, how to multitask , management got involved to help on the line , friendly place to work, the co works lack of knowledge of there position
Good place to start in the industry.
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTJune 19, 2019
It is a giant Chain Restaurant with most of the policies and practices being standard through all locations. Management was always friendly as long as you were doing what you were supposed to be doing. The training was great and I was able to work independently after just a few shifts. All the co-workers were good people, there was a fun atmosphere in the BOH. I was hardly stressed even during crazy lunch rushes.
Restaurant
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 19, 2019
If you are an individual that enjoys working in the food industry this is the job for you. If you like an upbeat and relaxed atomsphere this is the job for you.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAJune 19, 2019
When I worked at Ruby Tuesday I did many things most of all I worked on the grill I and many of the station such as pantry salad bar dish and also had to put put up the truck several times a week
productive, fast
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32256June 17, 2019
Management was stressful a lot, but overall it was ok. Watch out for the other servers. I don't know who works there now, but at the time they would start and spread real nasty rumors. So, trust no one and keep to yourself for your sanity.
Challenging but rewarding
Server / Bartender (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHJune 15, 2019
I took on this position so i can make positive changes to my workplace and create competitive and goal oriented projects for the store. I started as a server and worked my way up to management.
Busy work style with different demands each day.
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Troy, ALJune 15, 2019
A typical day at work a vary between constant incoming tables to the store being empty for hours. I've learned to multitask and keep my workspace in order while being busy. Management can vary depending on who is present which can be bothersome. The workplace culture is depends on who is working that shift; everyone can work together as a team or one person can pul all the weight. The hardest part of the job would be getting sat with a new table while taking orders or interacting with a party table. Running food and taking orders, filling drinks all at the same time can be hectic. But the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new customers who enjoy good service and conversation.
Pros
%50 of appetizers, entrees, and deserts per shift you work that day.
Cons
Short to no breaks between shifts if you work a double. Demanding on feet and legs.
Great Workplace... Ive worked there five times!
Shift Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  London, KYJune 15, 2019
This place was like a second home to me, not because I was there all the time. But because it was like a family away from family. if someone had something going on the whole staff would be there for comfort or advice. I would do it again if I had too.
Seems like they go backwards
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, IndianaJune 14, 2019
Upper management just doesn't care about the locations employees. We can't keep cooks and they tend to hire too many servers. The GM isn't even there most of the time.
Fun environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 14, 2019
The staff is always happy, everyone works as a team, as well management is good there because they are willing to work around school schedules and always make sure to make the best out of every situation.
Loved it!
HOST, SERVER, MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral,FlJune 13, 2019
I worked there right out of High School & it was a great place to work at! I had a great training & I was able to grow within the como fast, and je of my best jobs!
I like it
server (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 12, 2019
I really enjoy my job, it is high-paced and can get busy but I dont mind. I like my co-workers and the management is very on top with issues over all.
Pros
flexible hours
It was an OK Job
GARDEN BAR SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOJune 12, 2019
Every morning I will come in and set up garden bar. I stared by checking the temperature of certain food items and performing inventory on the dry stock and fridge items. Through out the day I would stock garden bar food items while I also stock the fridge to better prepare for garden bar.At the end of the night I would stock up all garden bar items to put in the fridge. Then perform inventory before cleaning and leaving.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruby Tuesday. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.3K
31.2K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Ruby Tuesday.

Powered by Comparably