Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews

Great
Server (Former Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLMarch 29, 2018
Ruby Tuesday was a fun place to work at. Managers are so helpful and i loved working with helpful coworkers as well. I loved the exerience i had working there
Ruby Tuesday may be a good starter job
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLMarch 28, 2018
There is very little to no advancement working as a server at Ruby Tuesdays. The management picks favorites and will embarress you infront of customers.
There is very little communication from employers to staff and there is no benefits to this job either.
Pros
Discount lunches
Cons
Horrible managers
Great family place to eat
Waiter/Server (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 28, 2018
People I worked with were like family, and I still stay in contact with my old coworkers. The management tended to be funny acting but overall, they are a great bunch of people.
Pros
Meeting great people to serve
Cons
some of the clientele was poor
Great Staff
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 28, 2018
typical day is was greeting customers, weekends was very fast past due it get busy, management was great and staff as well, workplace culture is a variety.
Not fun in my case
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMarch 28, 2018
Some co-workers were very two-faced. I had a problem with one of them. They expect you to be fast paced, which is OK. There are coworkers who seem to expect a lot from you even during your first week working there. Get a job as a cook, or something. Don't be a dishwasher.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
No breaks, annoying co-workers
Restaurant at its finest
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJMarch 28, 2018
Ruby Tuesday's is a fast paced restaurant that aims to be a high end version of a chain restaurant. Their menu items provide a wide variety of cuisine and are, in my opinion, a better quality than most chain restaurants. These items make working at this chain a better experience for most employees as the clientele is typically more upscale and amenable. The senior leaders are not accessible, but their middle level management is present and informative. This is a very demanding job both physically and mentally and you would need to expect 12+ hour shifts 5 days a week at minimum and often are requested for more. Weekends, Holidays and nights are usually spent working so this is not ideal for families.
Pros
Energetic, Ever-Changing
Cons
Long Hours, Heavy Lifting, Multiple Language required
Fun serving job
Waiter/Customer Service/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHMarch 27, 2018
Made decent money working as a server. Was able to move from host to server to bartender. Enjoyed working with the other employees. Short hours with good money
Productive, fast cash work place
Server/bartender (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MOMarch 27, 2018
Ruby Tuesdays was a good place to get back on my feet, the hours were flexible and I learned how to handle multitasking in a fast paced environment. The hardest part about the job was all of the kids i worked with and how little they wanted to do day to day. The best part was the fast cash. I was taking cash home every night.
Pros
reduced lunches
Fun workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Marianna, FLMarch 27, 2018
I work with great people who making working at Ruby Tuesday fun to be at. I would recommend this job to anybody who would like to work at this great place of business.
Family Felt Staff
Cook/Garden Bar Specialist/Caterer/Host (Current Employee) –  Fletcher, NCMarch 26, 2018
A typical day at Ruby Tuesday starts as the Lunch rush ended and the dinner rush began. It was never overwhelming but always a pleasure to come back!!
Americus Georgia Store
Host / Server (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAMarch 26, 2018
I loved the job and the money. its the management that I couldn't stand brock isn't fit to be a manager and neither is kim. They are both unprofessional. a pop up inspection is well needed at that store
Don't work here
Head Salad Bar Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MIMarch 25, 2018
The store is officially closed in Fenton, but the manager was not a good manager. He is honestly the reason the store shut down. I saw him eating food out of the freezers with his bare hands all the time. It was the grossest place I have ever worked at.
Great place to make money but terrible management
Server (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJMarch 24, 2018
Working at Ruby Tuesday made me realize that managers have favorites. It sucks working in a place where all of your hard-work goes unnoticed especially when you go out of your way for the company so the managers wont look bad. The managers at Ruby Tuesday don't know how to properly handle conflict and situations.
The bottom of the barrel
Waiter/Server (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAMarch 24, 2018
The most poorly managed place in the world! An automated system that keeps track of inventory and hours would do a better job than the halfwit general manager who’s needed to retire for 20 years.
Pros
Half price meals during shift
Cons
Short breaks, stupid expectations, drama, high turnover rate
fun and enjoyable
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYMarch 23, 2018
Good place to work. Hours are very flexible with decent pay. Good opportunities for advancement if an individual applies themselves. Good atmosphere with a good crew.
great
Garden Bar Attendant (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 23, 2018
just a great place to work and a very great atmosphere. I enjoy the environment and all the management I work with, they have helped me succeed and have showed me the Ruby Way. Excellent place to work and would pass it on to friends to work there. There is no hard part of the job, everything consist of just simple task that can be done if you pay attention to what you are doing. I enjoy every little bit of the job. Everyday I work it is relaxed busy, and very interesting to know I will always have something new to complete and new task to take care of. It really does keep me busy
Pros
great discounts
Cons
not applicable
It's typically a good relaxing place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg PennsylvaniaMarch 23, 2018
The restaurant I work at was unorganized too many employees not enough hours and then enough discipline there wasn't enough managers and didn't make enough money
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Too many employees not enough hours
Alright place to work
Dishwasher/salad bar attendant (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 22, 2018
I was alright working at Ruby Tuesdays, went through manager changes multiple times but even through that, they were relatively easy to work with. That is all
Loved my coworkers, the rest was awful.
Hostess/ Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLMarch 21, 2018
Management could never decide on rules. One day we took reservations, the next we didn't. One day we take call aheads, the next we don't. One day we're supposed to fill out sign in sheets, the next we don't. It was inconstant and frustrating. There were constantly issues with the kitchen taking too long on food, and made server's meals very poorly. Tips were poor. I felt very unappreciated and like I was constantly walking on pins and needles. They also wouldn't let me call out in some emergencies (IE, my car broke down an hour away and another time my cat was very sick and needed to be taken to the vet or she would have died). They didn't care about me as a human, they just wanted me to work. I would often have panic attacks while working and when I showed signs of them I would get in trouble. They were very cold hearted and just didn't care.
Pros
I loved my coworkers.
Cons
Pretty much everything else.
Fast- Paced
Server (Current Employee) –  East Point, GAMarch 21, 2018
Other restaurants have less customers, but this one is fast paced due to location. It's your typical serving job, waiting tables and building customer service experience. There is an opportunity for growth but you have to work hard for it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruby Tuesday. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

48out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Ruby Tuesday.