Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews

Found 4,319 reviews matching the search See all 4,411 reviews
excellent review
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJune 10, 2019
Ruby Tuesday was a great place to work. I just couldn't balance work and illness. I would still be there if I could've juggled it with my illness, Great co-workers and management
No room for growth
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Belcamp, MDJune 10, 2019
Servers got all the tips Cooks didn't get anything and we worked hard and also I felt like I work too hard for the pay that I was getting I would not recommend working here and it is actually closed down anyway so there's no reason to look into itgee
Pros
Cons
No breaj
tips were okay
Server/Host (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 10, 2019
I did really enjoy this job and making tip money until the day I had a table walk out on their tab and the management crew made me pay for the table. other than this i had a good exp
Productive, busy, stressful
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAJune 6, 2019
I liked working at ruby tuesdays, but they do have a lot of company errors, it is good pay for back of house workers, yet not enough hours even making ten dollars an hour I still only averaged many 100 dollars a week meaning ten or less hours a week for myself. I can’t live off that!!
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Not enough money, not enough hours, no breaks
Productive place to work and fast paced, coworkers are very friendly
Server/host (Former Employee) –  New Freedom, PAJune 6, 2019
Ruby Tuesday's is a productive place to work and the management is very lenient, and the guests are very friendly. We get a 50% discount on food, and when we are training someone we get free food. The hours are also very flexible.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Short breaks
Need better values for employees.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEJune 6, 2019
They only pay minimum wage the week of trainning then all wages for all positions are covered by tips that the servers must hand in to be distributed out.
Fun place
Head Cook/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 6, 2019
Is a fun place to work, just requires people to start getting more active and work as a team member. Is a fun environment when the managers take us out to eat for a hard working week
Pros
Free food
Cons
No benefita
it was terrible
Line Cook/ Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOJune 4, 2019
i never once enjoyed working here and i am glad to be leaving this place behind me. i just dont know what else they want me to say here. i dont want to leave a good review because it sucked.
Pros
Cons
everything
overworked
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 4, 2019
Although managers are supposed to work 48 hour work weeks most managers ended up working 55 on the clock (more off the clock)

the inventory system that was supposed to make prep and scheduling a no-brainer made the system too complicated for most of the non-computer savvy managers, which meant your inventory was going to be wrong

training program could have been better, no real incentives were given to hourly employees willing to train
when training the trainers were expected to share an item from a particular category they were supposed to cover that day,

people were promoted to be over districts when they could not even control their own store or pass the company paid-for health inspections

the company as a whole seemed to be going through a never ending identity crisis

on a good note, the people that i actually worked with in the store itself were awesome, The fact that I was a hiring manager may have had something to do with that.
Pros
Given a $48 a week food allowance, flexible hours
Cons
stress, coupons, no real accountability towards district managers
fast yet relax
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Bessemer, ALJune 3, 2019
Ruby Tuesday is a decent place to work the real problem is the fellow employees and the guest there it feels like its all for your self no real help there
Pros
food discount and management
Cons
customers and employees
Bad vibes . lack of hard work
Ruby Tuesday (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSJune 3, 2019
Im a nice out going person . i learn quickely . i read fast . i know how to handle rude & bad situations . i can stand on my feet for a good bit of time . i keep a smile on my face . im a positive individual .
Pros
Cons
Short or no breaks
Wonderful place! Friendly enviornment, everyone is helpful.
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJune 3, 2019
I loved working for ruby tuesday! They offer alot of extra hours, the managers are very understanding people and they want to see everyone prosper. They give everyone a chance for job advancement. The food is wonderful, the restaurant is very clean and they will teach you anything you are willing to learn.
Last Option
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ALJune 2, 2019
Very petty and stressful environment. Basically do all jobs but cooking and managing and get paid for just yours. Greet customers and seat them, sometimes take orders and run food, bus tables and clean bathrooms.
Good Starter Serving Gig
Server (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 2, 2019
Many employees can move up to management, or to bartender for example. This job is slow paced, which helped me get started as a server. However, the job culture is poor. I recall both lazy employees and managers alike.
Ruby's
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 2, 2019
Rubys's is a nice place to work just does not have enough benefits its a nice job if you need a job an are trying to get back on your feet but i would not prefer it as a long term job unless you are in some type of management role.
Pros
breaks
Cons
short hours
Excellent Team
GUEST SERVICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJune 2, 2019
Great environment and team to work with. It is a corporate restaurant so some of the the policies are overwhelming but overall a great place to be.
Very sanitary place to work.
workplace
Host (Former Employee) –  Prince Frederick, MDMay 31, 2019
This was a great place to work. The management was good and the customers loved the salad bar. My typical day was greeting customers and making sure they were happy.
Fellow employees are like family
Bartender/Server/ Hostess (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCMay 30, 2019
Always felt welcomed and at home. Unfortunately poor management. The Garden Bar is excellent is the Ruby Tuesday platform for making sales. Also a huge fan of "so connected" because of awesome coupon deal. Favorite part of working there was the regulars.
great atmosphere and great people
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNMay 29, 2019
love this job for the most part. the only thing i dont like is the micro managing. other than that i couldnt ask for a better opportunity with this store
Pros
free meals opportunities to move up and the people
Cons
micro managing and salary could be a little better
Love my job but is temporary
Server (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHMay 29, 2019
My position at Ruby Tuesday's is awesome, they are willing to work around schedules and life. The hardest part about working for this company is keeping everyone happy while you are busy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruby Tuesday. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.3K
31.2K

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight