Ruchman and Associates Employee Reviews

Great management staff
JUNIOR ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJune 5, 2019
The managers we have here are great people to work with. They are very flexible on your hours if you need to come in earlier or stay later. Very pleased with the way i have been treated.
Terrible Management and Money Hungry!
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 2, 2019
They decided to bid low on the contract I worked under, thus making cutting all senior level employees salaries to the same dollar amount, regardless of time and bonuses. Personally, my salary was cut by $10,000.
Productive workplace with good morale.
Junior Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJanuary 22, 2019
I’ve been with Ruchman since October 2018 and I don’t have any complaints really. The Senior Analyst above me is cool and great to work with. We’ve had pretty flexible hours for the most part and that’s been really nice.
Good for students or retired
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 7, 2018
Anywhere in between it's not great. It's very simple work that doesn't take long to learn. The uniforms are awful but you get a lot of time to do your own things on the computer.
Government Contract
Account Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 7, 2018
I worked on one of their government contracts. I was not impressed with the way they made decisions that affected my leave and pay without letting me know what they were about to do.
There was no direct contact to ask what was happening with the company.
Pros
I got my paycheck on time when they finally decided what day of the month that would be.
Cons
No communication between management and the employees
Contractor life
Accounting Technician/Funds Assigner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 31, 2018
The job itself was a learning experience. I was an accounting technician/funds assigner for the Drug Enforcement Administration. This was the first time in my 26 Federal Government years as a civil servant that I became a contractor. Being promoted was non existent, but I loved the people and the mission of my job.
Learned Alot
HR Generalist/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLApril 12, 2018
In my role I did learn an extensive amount about government contracting, thanks in part to the project/program managers. I enjoyed the challenge of expanding my knowledge and welcomed it.
The hours were long and hard due to being under staffed.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of communication, Unrealistic Expectations with poor direction, Micro Managed
Good company
Accounting Clerk III (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 17, 2018
The company was great to work for overall. The company paid for your insurance which was good. Health benefits were good. Leave was short. Did not pay for when government shutdown
Pros
great benefits compared to other contract companies
Decent Job
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVSeptember 18, 2017
Truthfully, it wasn't so much the company as is was the environment. Was very one sided if you didn't work for a specific company. Would recommend working for this company to a friend.
Great place to work with excellent benefits
Junior Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJuly 31, 2017
The typical workday is spent reviewing a spreadsheet of at least 150 names and their corresponding criminal charges. The role of the program analyst is to search the name in the Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER) database and determine if a final disposition has been made available. There are multiple files per state and it takes an average of a week to complete each state for each federal agency. The challenging part of the work is determining possible spelling variations of a name to find the record as well as determining if the record in the court database and the charge listed on the spreadsheet correlate to each other.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Contract
Great Job
All Source Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJune 12, 2017
Great place to work- no bad blood.
Found a job offering a higher pay salary so I left. Management was great, no negative feelings towards them. Outside area was a bit harsh towards minorities.
Fast Paced Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDFebruary 24, 2017
If you like fast paced office/warehouse work, this would be a good place for you. Some positions are very technical and require submitting reports and projects to the government, which can require a lot of time and attention to detail.
Easy Job very low pay and no respect.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 23, 2016
You are a contractor and treated as such. I would not advise anyone to work with this company and I truly hope they lose their contract with DOJ. They have serious issues with vacation time; to the point of law suits. They will screw any of their employees just to save money. It's a dead end job. Please do not work for this company.
Pros
Other DOJ employees are friendly
Cons
Vacation time is a serious issue. Management has poor communication.
Accounting Clerk III - Ruchman and Associates, Inc.
Accounting Clerk III Contractor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2015
Unified Financial Management System (UFMS), a Government-wide financial database.
Process invoices for the daily operation of the Northeast Laboratory. Enter credit card transactions,
purchase orders, and invoices.
Perform property inventory reconciliations capitalized and non-capitalized.
Purchase/Vehicle Card Reconciliation and maintain quarterly Undelivered Orders Report.
Process and obligate travel documents for forensic chemists.
Coordinate the Transit Subsidy Program and Equipment Donation for the Northeast Laboratory.
Assist with telephone, reception, filing and other administrative duties.
Pros
My hours are 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Cons
No Benefits
Good Overall
Accounting Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 11, 2014
For the area commuting highly impacts work/life balance. The company is pretty decent overall. I have no major complaints.
Pros
Communication
Cons
Compensation could be more.
Ruchman and Associates is a great company to work for.
Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington D.C.January 21, 2014
In my current project I am in charge of many things including training of employees. I manage the Congressional Report which is due at the beginning of every year.
Great company, good benefits, excellent management team.
Data Entry Operator (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 3, 2013
Ruchman and associates is a great company to work for. The management team is very helpful. Even tough we are in two different geographical locations they manage to make every employee feel like they are in the same building. They offer good benefits and treat their employees right. The only hard part of the job is having to deal with the uncertainty of every time the contract is to be re-negotiated or when the federal government has budgetary issues.
Pros
Great beneftis and opportunities to network with federal agencies.
Cons
Being a federal Contractor employees are subject to contract renewal and government furlough.
A Day at the DEA as a Contractor working for Ruchman and Associates
Accounting Clerk III (Current Employee) –  Newark, New JerseyJuly 3, 2013
A typical day at my job starts off with the processing of invoices. I log in to a secure system and enter time sensitive data. I make sure these payments are paid promptly and on time so there will be no late payments; in turn, the vendor does not charge us interest.
After making sure the payments are done, I receive new invoices and log them in to an Excel spreadsheet. I am in charge of over 100 accounts and make sure there is enough money in each account in order to pay the bills. Once I determine what account to log the invoices in, I send the invoices to the appropriate supervisors and bosses to get signed to verify the goods and services were done. After I finish that, I make two daily walks through the whole office and hand deliver important, information sensitive documents to and from supervisors and bosses.
Also, I recently finished our Property and Inventory task. I went around the whole building with a list of over 500 pieces of important property and inventory to make sure everything was accounted for. If not, I would have to make note in our property system and send it to the next person in charge.
I have learned that I am very trainable and I do well in a team environment but also do very well working independently.
The management team I work for is a great team. If I ever need help or just have a question, they are always there to give me some insight. They depend on me for information on a daily basis. Whether it be information on our financial system, or just a rules and regulations question, I am there to help them as well.
My co-workers are
  more... a mix of ages which is a great experience to have. I learn a lot from them and we all help each other out.
The hardest part of my job is the commute! It should be only 20 minutes away from my apartment, but that is in a perfect world; without traffic. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I don't take my work home with me. When my job is done at the office, it stays in the office.
Pros
Half hour lunches, I love the job, Health Benefits
Quiet and easy-going environment
General Clerk I (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, NJJune 11, 2013
Distribute incoming mail, email Daily Status Report, maintain files, copy, send fed ex packages, create fillable forms, create travel request for agents.
Cons
No Pay when office closes during bad weather, must use vacation or sick leave.
Good Starting point; Not a career
Contractor: Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 20, 2013
Ruchman & Associates Inc, is a great contracting company to work for. The project managers in place provide you with the tools you need to make your occupation a success.