Rudd Equipment Company, Inc.

Working at Rudd Equipment Company, Inc.: 28 Reviews

United States28 reviews

companyworkruddjobgreatdaygoodopportunity

Sales

I enjoyed working for Rudd Equipment. The pay was very good. You have to use your personal car ,we got a gas card and average car allowance. The sales team was allways there for any help.

Pros

A Very good schedule.

Cons

You have to use your personal car.

What is the best part of working at the company?Pay but it’s every two weeks and your paychecks don’t reflect what you make of the hou What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Overall the whole company based in Indianapolis there’s no guidance there’s no leader ship you have to rely on other employees for information because you will not get it from management not even get directions to the location you’re supposed to go to most jobs you will be sent to when you arrive. There will already be a technician there. They hire for locations you will never work in and they will volunteer you do you work out of state and stay in motels What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Disoriented and chaos you will be asked to sweep more than you will be asked to do a repair while you’re spending your time as a field service technician working in the shop doing the majority of nothing but cleaning up after othersWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Sundays consist of 14 hours a day when you’re hired to work eight hours a day

Rudd Equipment Company, Inc. insights

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Complexed workplace

Great people, very odd dynamic within the leadership and management. Pressure from the top which is stressful and unhealthy. Family oriented. Great, dedicated people at this company

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Leadership

Stable company that has maintained growth during shifting economies.

Most day are fairly simple. You are trusted to do your assigned job and work independently. The company is behind in regards to technology, however things are getting better.

Management in Evansville store was poor a few years ago but the new parts manager is great

Congrats on getting an awesome parts manager. keep up the good work. The receptionist is very sweet and welcoming. Parts admin is amazing as well as service admin. Eyeballz

Pros

Working with a cool person

Cons

Na

Sales as PSR

Was ok place till coal fell off. To many bosses all with different agenda. Best part was it was commission so you could make as much as you wanted with in reason.

Poor leadership, harsh working conditions

Poor management, let go before 90 days with no explanation at all. The company has a great training program but you will be lucky to go. The company has a great tool selection but your lucky if your manager calls to get it for the job. You don’t know where your going from day to day, dispatcher doesn’t know his head from his a**. I wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone. Unless you like working on trash covered equipment covered in used needles, diapers, and whatever other nasty stuff people throw away.

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

No accountability, great company

I had the unfortunate opportunity to work at Rudd in Indianapolis. I was promised many things and none were followed through. The people, and training are excellent in Louisville, that’s only when your branch lets you go. The pay was low for the type of work you do. The Indianapolis branch has zero accountability and holds onto incompetent people who have lost a big customer base in Indianapolis. I don’t recommend this place to my worst enemy. You can go somewhere else make more money and not work on trash equipment.

Pros

Paycheck that’s most of the time incorrect

Cons

Trash equipment, low pay, let people go to save money

Pay and customer service

Customer service and customer satisfaction, good work experience, enjoyed fellow staff members, branch managers easy to communicate with, good pay for the area

Not a great place

The environment is incredibly toxic to the point that you feel stressed beyond belief and want to walk away on a daily basis. Everyone talks behind each other’s back and the wrong people are disciplined for mistakes others make.

Family oriented culture that cared for its employees. Company provided training for employees and advancement opportunities were available for all employees.

Fast paced and exciting

A typical day at my job consists of dealing with many customers via telephone, email and fax. Also consists of procuring parts and expediting orders .

Pros

Company provides tools needed to complete job.

Cons

Not many opportunities for advancement

okay place to work

I start at 5pm Monday thru Friday. I return home 6am the next day, sometimes later. I drive to Cincinnati, Ohio every day and back to Leetsdale, PA. I make stops at designated area to drop parts and equipment for different job sites. I am accident free.

Excellent place to work

Attention to detail is a must. Proper handling and packaging of products is imperative. Manager is concern about his employees and how they conduct the work assigned to them. Proper placement of products is necessary for future accessibility for an order.

Insurance Coordinator

Heavy equipment lessor. Learned about heavy equipment and the insurance industry as related to that equipment. Mr. Rudd Sr was a great person to work for as well as Mr. Bill Bloom. They were open minded to suggestions and allowed me to set up systems ot be sure that the insurance was in place on all items in inventory.

Assisted Sales Department and President

Administrative Support for the VP and seven outside salesmen which includes pricing equipment for sale and leases, quotations, contracts and negotiate purchasing of equipment attachments.

Great place to work and very nice people

Rudd was one of biggest mistakes quitting. I didnt realize how bad the world had gotten till I left for being a little unhappy and being promised the world. Soon found out that safety and the friendliness from coworkers alot of time go farther than a person realizes. This is a company that I would recommend to anyone looking to get a job that has great training and looking to stay for their carreer.

Pros

Very good training and tooling exceptional

Cons

Nothing I would say about them

I would still be employed there had the industry taking a decline.

I enjoyed working for Rudd Equipment Company. It is a very personable environment along with great people to work with. I loved my job, and I would still be working there if the industry didn't decline. And the end results was that I was laid off.

Family company with great employees

Rudd Equipment Company is a small to mid-sized company that values its employees and gives them every opportunity to advance their careers.

Cons

Stuck in old ways, difficult to introduce new concepts, ideas, etc.

Entertained clients and developed business

Covered sales territory and developed business. Educated myself on various manufacturer product lines. Inexperienced and disconnected management. Decent income potential but quote and pricing process takes too long. Sales reps get looked down upon.

Pros

expense account, car allowance, good manufacturers

Cons

Unhelpful management. Low team dynamic.

Great Place to work, wish i had more time with the company.

This position requires daily postings of checks, ACH, wires,and credit cards using the Infor Software. Billing and creating rentals and composing, reviewing and recording of fixed assets and their depreciation are daily tasks as well. Write-offs and adjustments are done weekly, or as needed. I learned a part of AR that i did not venture in while i was at the Al J Schneider Co. Management respected their employees while maintaining a structured business. My co-workers were friendly and great to work with. I would have to say that there wasn't a hard part of the job. I enjoyed what I did and everyone i worked with. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I had a hand in helping the company run. I truly enjoyed all of my tasks and any projects that were given to me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rudd Equipment Company, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • Rudd Equipment Company, Inc.