Rue Employee Reviews

Horrible work environment
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMay 15, 2018
Horrible place to work. You are salary and required to work more than 50 hours a week to run a good store, leaving you work every single day. Management treats you awful, and human resources is not there to help.
My expierience working at Rue
Customer service, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington StateMay 12, 2018
My experience working on rue 21 was amazing ,I learned so much about the tasks given to me daily, which I thought they were simple but were so much interesting and serious in a professional way I learned how to fold correctly according to the type or shape of clothing. My work environment was great they always encouraged me to do better and that really made me wanna come everyday and work harder. I learned so much about leadership and I owe that to my managers which inspired me to become who I want to be. Rue for me was a life changing experience and without a doubt my best work experience ,I believe that there were so many good times that they weren't any bad days. The hardest part of the job for me was leaving it.
Pros
good enviorment
Cons
not enough hours to work
Hectic and messy
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCMay 10, 2018
I would never recommend to anyone for employment. There is no work-life balance. No incentives, rewards or recognition for a job well done. Benefits are terrible and work load is too much for any one person to handle.
Sinking ship
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  UTMay 2, 2018
Honestly I don’t see this company lasting long. No payroll hours for stores - just coming out of closing a ton of stores- which means no time for training,not to mention, everything else that needs to be done (shipment processing, customer service, selling fragrance, promo updates, and visuals- to name just a few)
Pros
Love the immediate people I work with
Cons
Too many
Great customer service
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSMay 1, 2018
I worked with this company for 5 years. The 5 years I was there I was offered to travel with my DM to remodel and do facelifts to other stores. Then I was promoted to an assistant manager.
Pros
Learned so much in the time i was there. wonderful staff, great customer service
Cons
short breaks
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAApril 27, 2018
this was possible the funnest job I've ever had. this place showed how not to act at a serious job. this was my first job ever and did not prepare me for future job. but it sure was fun nice they let me do whatever I wanted
First Retail Job
Sales (Former Employee) –  Canutillo, TXApril 26, 2018
I liked it, even tho it was seasonal but I would just consider that the management was a little bit off and I was just schedule like once or twice a week.
Productive place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXMarch 13, 2018
Great environment with great employees to work with. This company provides you with work to help you stay busy. I learned so much about customer service working here at rue 21.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
No benefits
fun work place with friendly envirment
Stocker/Cleaner - Internship (Former Employee) –  Rome, NYMarch 13, 2018
i learned so much. i learned how to tag/price and organize products,as well as learning some costumer service. also how to do the dressing room. Every day was a positive experience.
Good Job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, OKFebruary 6, 2018
Rue 21 is a good place to work for but the hours get to be a bit much especially when you have a family at home. Overall the enviorment is young and fun.
Very productive
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2018
A typical day at work was full of different objectives. The most enjoyable part of the jobs was the bond that the coworkers had and the ability to work together without complications. I would have stayed had the business not have gotten shut down
Fun managment awful customers
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJanuary 30, 2018
I hate being in retail. You fold the same rack of t-shirts every time someone walks thru the store. Many items like panties we're stolen and would find sensors laying all around the store. I have a gastrointestinal disease and the support I received from the management was AWFUL I was punished for using the bathroom (leaving my station) which I CANNOT HELP I worked as hard as I can yet everything I did wasnt good enough for them
Pros
Cute Children
Cons
Sucky managment
A work day at Rue 21
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALJanuary 30, 2018
A typical work day at Rue 21 was very fast paced and competitive. The discounts were very good. The manager that was there when I worked there was very unprofessional and not very pleasant to work around. The hours and pay at Rue was very slim as well. It would be a good part time job if you were still in high school.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks, not enough hours or pay
Comfortable place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sterling, ILJanuary 29, 2018
I think Rue was a very comfortable place to work the staff was fun the management just was not well and the associates did not have good work ethic and refused to listen.
Pros
Fun and exciting
Cons
not good leadership
Rue
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 23, 2018
Not a good job. Low pay for the work that was required. District manager did not care about employees. Fun working environment but not enough to survive on as sole Job.
Bad managment when I was there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILJanuary 18, 2018
The managers while I worked there were horrible, would never let me take lunch when I asked them, the store was always messy so we would be there super late at night and we didn't get paid enough
Pros
I met cool people
Cons
no breaks, not paid enough
not a job you would want
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAJanuary 18, 2018
you will sometimes go a week or two with out being scheduled at all its slow the management just do their own thing and don't really care about the employees or customers
Pros
40% off discount on clothing
Cons
Hours suck
decent job
Stock Manager (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 11, 2018
this job is fast paced on certain parts of the day. alot of work and can be stressful but the workers usually work well as a team which is a major plus
Pros
stuff in store 45% off
Cons
short hours
up to date pop culture clothing
RETAIL SALES (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 11, 2018
knowledge and recommendation of products, address customer questions, being aware of sales and promotions, returns and sales, team work needed to close in appropriate times
Pros
flexible school schedule
Cons
job security due to bankruptcy
my opinion
Rue 21, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KSJanuary 3, 2018
not the best place but was nice to work with my team very messy and unorganized not really for me didjnt get many hours or pay was very low and not enough
Pros
nice clothes
Cons
bad hours\