Rumbling Bald Resort Employee Reviews

Fast paced
Server (Current Employee) –  Lake Lure, NCSeptember 16, 2018
The management team is wonderful. The job is fast paced. The resort offers amenities to all employees. Good pay for the area. Great group of people to work with!
Enjoyed the people I served
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Lake Lure, NCJuly 15, 2018
I was hired as a hostess,became a server than bartender with advancement in my future.However being there a full year, I have received no advancement.
Rumbling bald
Houseman (Former Employee) –  112 Mountains BlvdMarch 21, 2018
Hard work but fun and easy to maintain with school. Is a beautiful place to work I loved every bit of it the manager were very nice and helpful my entire time there.
Overworked and underpaid for the tasks i was assignef
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Lure, NCSeptember 4, 2017
If there was enough help to help carry the load of 80hr wks it wouldn't have been so stressful. But Overworked and being unappreciated was inevitable. Upper management was definitely lacking in the food and beverage dept.
Pros
Discounts on golf apparel, and free golf if you had time
Cons
Long hours without relief because of lack of help
I have opened Four very unique and completely different restaurants.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Lake Lure, NCJune 17, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of emailing first thing in the morning. Shift meetings are a big impact in the restaurant so I always made sure to do this before opening to allow servers and management to have a great and healthy work place. I managed on average about 32 employees a day. Lunch wasn't our busiest time of the day but I was always there just in case I was needed due to staffing lower in the morning. At night however we served on average about 165 people a night in the busy season and about 85 in the slow season.
Throughout the day I would visit every table to ensure nothing but excellence was being given to the guest. I assisted in the food orders and putting the stock up, same with beer, wine, and liquor. (On Wednesdays I would pick the liquor up and deliver it to the restaurants.) I would usually end the night making sure the place was closed, side work charts signed off, clean floors, tables, etc. Then I would lock the place up and return to do it all again the next day.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
No breaks
Horrible manipulative and disgusting work environment
Don't Really Know my Job Title (Former Employee) –  Lake Lure, NCMay 28, 2017
I have only worked at Rumbling Bald for a few months. I was brought in to handle events. Within my first week there it was expected of me to work almost 80 hours. They moved me from position to position while other employees were quitting to fill in. I quickly was doing a job that I was not hired to do with no compensation. In the downstairs kitchen the ceiling is leaking. This is were they do a lot of the meal prep for the restaurant and buffets for banquets. So beware you could have nasty ceiling juice in your food. The entire attitude of Rumbling Bald is over promise and under deliver.
Pros
Salon Services
Cons
Horrible upper management after CEO was let go.
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Lure, NCMay 27, 2016
Lots of benefits to working at the resort; not only discounts but the activities as well.

Great food, lodging and two 18-hole championship golf courses
Pros
Perks
Cons
Limitations
fun place to work
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Lake Lure, NCMarch 9, 2016
fun and energetic place to work during the summer months great people great atmosphere only wish the season of work was longer
A beautiful place to work
Sales and Customer Reservations (Current Employee) –  Lake Lure, NCDecember 31, 2015
Beautiful mountain surroundings. The most enjoyable part of my job was assisting guests with a perfect visit. I am also revenue driven so I enjoy introducing new ideas to increase sales and service.
Pros
Free use of the indoor pool and workout equipment
Cons
Limited for visionarys
Nice place to work
Group Sales/Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Lure, NCMarch 6, 2015
It was a nice place to work. The atmosphere and colleagues were exceptional.

Unfortunately, my position was eliminated. Otherwise I would still work there.

It was a great experience and helped me get to know the beauty that North Carolina has to offer.
Server (Former Employee) –  Lake Lure, NCNovember 19, 2014
Go too work after school, make sure everything was in proper order for next day
It was a great place to work
Golf Course resort grounds keeping technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Lure, NCJune 19, 2014
Everyday started off with mowing the greens, tee boxes. That in its self was an all day job. I got off at 2:30 everyday went in mowed grass then I was off. But it was fun the people I worked with were great. There was nothing hard about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the view.
Fun workplace
Waiter/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Lake Lure, NCJune 1, 2014
Waited tables, bar-tended, answered customers questions about the area
Pros
Free food, good tips
Cons
seasonal wokrk
I enjoy my job but have trouble paying my bills and having no insurance hurts when you already have health problems.
Housekeeper, amenities (Current Employee) –  Lake Lure, NCMarch 31, 2014
Cleaning for 7 hours a day 4 days a week. not enough hours to be able to pay bills.
Great summer job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lake Lure, NCAugust 20, 2012
This job is a seasonal job. Very busy in the summer, great perks that can really be worth the crazy environment in the summer. Co-workers are always pleasant. The hardest part of the job is telling someone that we don't offer what they were "told" we do.
Cons
no benefits