Rumpke Employee Reviews

Great clean working environment
Loader/Unloader/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 12, 2018
Great team work, clean working environment, flexible working hours, manager was one of my favorite of coming to work every day, only thing you got to like working outdoors in the winter
loved my job, just lacked good management
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 3, 2018
My manager was very lazy, actually left the building several times to sit at his wife's place of employment. Management is not what he should be doing.
Pros
advancements
Cons
management
Residential driver (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, KYNovember 9, 2018
Enjoyed my time at this job, was fast paced sometimes stressful but was well managed. Pay was good and well above the cost of living range, raises were there but not as softer as you would like
Lots of lies
Rear Load Driver (Former Employee) –  Broadview Heights, OHNovember 1, 2018
If you get hired to drive expect to spend a lot of time on the back of a truck. The company cannot hire enough people for help so they make drivers do it. The equipment is always breaking and putting people behind, and I have seen them ask drivers to lie on logs.
Pros
lots of hours to make money
Cons
lies poor management
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 22, 2018
good hours to work. just bad management sometimes. the hardest part is to stand there for 8 hours and just be moving your arms.the most enjoyable part is that the staff feeds us on friday if we have a good week of no injuries.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
It was good and a very relaxed and quick job
Rumpke (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 22, 2018
I’ve learned how to get stuff done at a very quick pace. It was pretty easy for me they loved my work. The management was good they made sure that people were doing there job and doing stuff correctly. They pushed me to do better. The hardest part of the job was making sure that I got everything off of the belt. What I enjoyed about the job was that when the machines were down we would clean up the area and pick up the trash and sometimes we would go to lunch early and get two breaks because of the weather. It was nice working there.
Terrible management on 1st shift
Sorter (Current Employee) –  St. Bernard, OHOctober 16, 2018
Terrible Plant manager & 1st shift supervisor. Will never tell you the truth. Try to find reason to fire you. Have favorites and they move them to higher paying jobs. Treat common workers terrible. Use of vulgar language is norm from 1st shift supervisor. No one will listen to you if you try to tell someone. Stay far away form this plant. Other Rumpke sites are pretty good. Bernard is bad.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
Plant Manger & 1st shift Supervisor are dishonest
Overall nice place to work
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Wellston, OHOctober 15, 2018
I liked my job at Rumpke, just fell into some hard times and things didn’t work out as planned, but would definitely recommend rumpke to a friend and wouldn’t mind to go back.
Pros
Good work environment, sick days
Cons
Long hours, heavy loads
Terrible place to work
General Laborer/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Greenville, OHOctober 9, 2018
Management is a joke, pay sucks, only give you vacation, was told id be getting a promotion for 6 months only to be told the position wasn't approved. My supervisor B.G. wouldn't communicate or do what he said he would. You have to powerwash trash cans with god knows what in them. Feces, maggots, hair, garbage juice, etc blowing all over you, cleaning toilets and being the facilities whipping boy. The health hazards that you're exposed to aren't worth what they offer.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
U name it
possible. Paced work
Waste hauler (Current Employee) –  Greenville, OHOctober 6, 2018
Fast paced work overtime is frowned upon and trucks break down often and I don't think the pay is high enough for the job.they train you for 1 week and cut you loose on your route.
Ok place to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  OhioSeptember 11, 2018
The hardest part of the job was trying to get people to talk about there trash. It was a neat experience to work there and see the operation and how it works.
Trash business
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHSeptember 11, 2018
A good job if all you need is a pay check. Management team is very poor. Equipment is poor. Dirty hard work with very little benefit. Again management has many problems.
Pros
Pay check
Cons
Management team
Productive and cool people to work with.
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 22, 2018
This job is very fast paced. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It is also very dusty and dirty. The benefits are great, but the pay needs to be a bit more.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Hot in summer, cold in winter, very dusty
Great Place to work for
Roll-Off Driver (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHAugust 22, 2018
Enjoyed working there just wanted more pay.

Very fast pace and demanding job, plenty of hours, great people to work with, local and out of town routes.
Racist managers /poor excuse for fair pay
Foreman heavy equipment (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 13, 2018
good workers are exploited and bad workers get to do there own thing while others pick up the slack,The pay is well below standard for all positions and after a year you get little 15 cent raises. I never looked forward to a day here and i was a forman. I was over worked and under paid and was constantly shorted staff and required to meet goals with a hand tied behind my back
Pros
Off most weekends
Cons
Terrible managers and low pay
Customer Service
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Circleville, OHAugust 13, 2018
Its a good job, great staff. Very fast paced call center. Great benefits vacation days, leave at 4 (sometimes) the only downfall is no lunches or sick time.
Pros
Holiday and vacation
Cons
no breaks
Vehicle Repair Technician (Level 3) (Current Employee) –  Greenville, OHAugust 9, 2018
No I do not intend to write a review about Rumpke on indeed, for the use of indeed in order to recruit employees for Rumpke in any way, shape, or form.
Rumpke is a good place to work for.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 6, 2018
Rumpke is a fast paced and good paying job. Rumpke has all new trucks competitive wages. Residential routes can be hard but management will make sure your ok and send help if needed. Same as if you worked on the Commercial side.
Not fun
Picker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 25, 2018
Didn't like it smelled bad we had to stand on our feet for 5 hours before we took our lunch cause there no 15 min breaks in between work. There where big rats possums raccoon inside the building
it was excellent
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 25, 2018
I liked how everyone got alone with each other. I learned how to properly rotate tires, how to change oil. The most enjoyable part of the job was the tire changing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rumpke. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight