Ruppert Landscape Employee Reviews

Cool people nice scenery
Crew Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Forestville, MDJune 6, 2019
Get in do your job and go home the managers are not your friends and they will talk down to you like your beneath them. But great job if you love working with your hands and if you love outdoors
Pros
You get to see so many beautiful places and meet good solid people
Cons
The managers are a-holes and they will mess up your day with b.s
People that should not be Field Managers
Assistant Field Manager (Former Employee) –  VAMay 27, 2019
Hires/promotes people to be managers that are not qualified to be one. A lot of crewman know more then thief managers. Area managers can't see that their FM's are morons and do not know how to run a crew or maintain properties
Pros
You can get opportunities. for raises often due to performance reviews, Xmas bonus
Cons
Long days, short handed often, 30 min lunch on a 11-12 hr day, more of a competitive wage
productive work place
Plant Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCApril 20, 2019
I enjoyed my short time at Ruppert Landscape
I received an abundance of knowledge in the plant purchasers role, as well as the training classes in Maryland
Quanity over Quality
Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Laytonsville, MDMarch 19, 2019
Was a great company to work for in the beginning but seeing as how they are growing too big, they have lost their belief in quality over quanity. Upper management is over loaded and the company is understaffed.
Pros
Was able to commend my crewmen for a job well done by buying them lunch on occasion.
Cons
Etremely long hours (10-13 hours a day on average), Was never commended for a job well done by my superiors.
Learned alot
Landscaping (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 27, 2019
Learned a new trade. Loved all my co-workers! Further reinforced my hard work ethic. Love the work and thankful for the opportunity to work hard for Ruppert.
Pros
Flexible. Understanding. Overtime.
Best Landscape company to work for.
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Lilburn, GAFebruary 19, 2019
Possibilities are endless if you invest yourself with this company. Management is structured well. Hard work is rewarded at this company. They are constantly evolving and trying to improve. They don’t want to be the biggest, just the best.
Productive and fun place to work
Crew Man (Former Employee) –  Henrico County, VAJanuary 10, 2019
We were scheduled to be in before 6:45am. We stand outside in the parking lot and talk as an group, all managers line up and face us (employees), and we discussed about what we're doing for that day depending on which team we were on. We're broken into teams of average around 3-4 people on each work truck. We are all set to be out of the parking lot and ready to head to our location exactly at 7:00am. After we all fill our gasoline jugs and of course all of the mows and weed eaters, walk behinds, zero turns etc...
Depending on what's your team location, is what time you would be done with work for the day. The team I worked on we're always in after everyone already been back to the shop and put everything up and refilled all the mowing vehicles for the next day. We were scheduled to work in the Brandermill location in Chesterfield, Va. We always had alot to cut.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
Short breaks
fun but mis prioritized
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 1, 2019
not enough help. hired too many new people at once and refused to mix up the new hires with the experienced. Caused major problems that was never fixed. .
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
no help
Great atmosphere
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Henrico County, VAOctober 28, 2018
Great place to work. The bosses are very approachable and are great at teaching the necessary tools. If I had not had to relocate I would have absolutely continued working for them.
Most enjoyable part of the job.
AREA MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 17, 2018
I believe the most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with daily. Also i learned almost everything i know from the company they really take pride in making sure everyone knows whats going on.
Pros
Open book company
Cons
Work / Life balance
Great Place as long as Follows Culture
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCOctober 10, 2018
Branch was great until Branch Manager went away from culture that differentiates company from culture. Each branch is different and the Raleigh branch is horrible with conformation to culture. The Field Manager Group felt ostracized and Branch Manager acted like we were idiots. I love to culture when it is practiced thoroughly and it makes the crews feel like family. We were once a family, but Branch Manager broke it apart with "Typical Corporate" culture. We expected expected something totally different than a typical Landscape Company, but were promised and ended up with Null. Great Company, Outside of Raleigh....
Pros
Decent Benefits, Once Felt Like Family, Ability to teach and grow
Cons
Non-Competitive pay, Negative Work Environment, Non-conformation to actual culture
Great place to work, on paper
Landscape Designer (Former Employee) –  Forestville, MDAugust 27, 2018
Enjoyed it when I first started, that was the honeymoon phase. Then reality set in and realized it was not where I wanted to be in order to fulfill my goals as they pertained to my career.
Good place
Landscape (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 22, 2018
This place overall was a pretty good. They did a lot of work and were very fast paced. For the most part pretty good to their clients and usually good to their customers.
Fun workplace
CREWMAN (Former Employee) –  silverspringJuly 7, 2018
My typical day at work will be to start the day off with a 3 minute stretch and talk about safety and how we should work as a team and what the main goal is during.the week. What needs to be complete by today.
Pros
cookouts
Cons
healthcare
Worst place to work
Landscaper (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 20, 2018
I would never advise anyone to work for Ruppert they is a sucky company to work for they slave the employees and they don't to pay the management don't know what they doing they just a bunch of paper pushers.
fast pace working area
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 10, 2018
its an okay job, you dont get paid for ride time and management is unorganized with employees with little to no experience handling field manager work.
Pros
30-45 min lunch
Cons
pay is bad. unorganized .
Very disorganized and unprofessional
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Laytonsville, MDApril 10, 2018
They did not do a good job keeping a professional manor when individuals went on into better positions. Their was lots of work drama that seemed never ending. The people just tend to be very self absorbing and very rude.
Landscaper (Current Employee) –  Toughkenamon, PAApril 3, 2018
Amazing people to work with 30 min lunch no breaks they pay is good the hours are amazing I really don't know what else to say in all its a great place to work
Tough work but in the end very well worth it
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDMarch 28, 2018
Been working with Ruppert for a few years and I have seen people come and go in the branch, mainly because they want things handed to them and won’t sweat to earn an income. Look at the past and future growth and you’ll see why you should work hard to climb the ranks. The company definitely cares for its people and customers.
Pros
Fun people to work for and with
Cons
Tough labor pool, long seasonal hours, although nicely compensated for
its landscape
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 12, 2018
its landscape. you mow lawns pull weeds and work. its great being outside a lot of the time and the work is easy after a week or so. developing a friendship with everyone you work with is also nice.
Pros
being out side
Cons
lots of sweat