Rural King
Coronavirus update

Rural King Employee Reviews

United States1,042 reviews
Found 1,042 reviews matching the search
Manager let’s theft get away as long as it’s one of his friends. Job atmosphere is good. Seriously underpaid for the type of work that is done (tractor shop). Good job to gain experience.
Pros
Work life balance, get experience
Cons
Management, pay
It’s the best first job for a new kid that wants to make decent money at 16 or 17 I would strongly recommend it bc they pay good and treat you good and it’s a family company
Rural King is not a great place to work.

The pay is abysmal compared to RK's competitors.

The store is just a disaster. There is no thought and organization to the merchandise and bins whatsoever.

Unless you're buddies with the store manager or an attractive skinny woman, you won't get far in advancements. Also be prepared for a lot of verbal abuse from the store manager.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Terrible pay, no sense of accomplishment
Rural King is place that when you first start is average enough but after any amount of time there you'll quickly learn that anything from your superiors that is said is quickly contradicted or never taken seriously or enforced. The organization is an joke. No one has an idea of to handle any prolonged events. Higher management doesn't plan anything out and just thinks as they go.
This company is so backwards. The manager now isn't so bad its all the employees (to many chiefs not enough Indians, and I'm Native American saying this). Everyone except the few thinks they are in charge when tasks are made clear by upper management. Everybody knows better then the boss type of situations.
Pros
Its a paycheck
Cons
All the stressful stuff i deal with on a daily bases.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Needs better management but had good workers and good pay they do try to help you if u ask for it good hours ..........................................
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad management
This job was the most unprofessional place I have work at the managers talked to their employees like garbage and felt it was okay to do so they cussed me out on several occasions and I know they have cussed out others
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Hostile work environment
Great place to work. You can move up fast if you work hard. A few smart mouth people that work there. But if you ignore them and just do your job then your great.
not a terrible company to work for depends on the management. Turn over rates are high where I was and sometimes management doesn't communicate amongst themselves but other than that it was fun
HIGH turn over rate and understaffed constantly. I started in one department and was bullied by management into taking a different position in a department I did not want to be in. They preach about christian values, but at the end of the day they are no better than any other big box store.
Pros
Long lunches.
Cons
Understaffed
I loved working at Rural King store 89. I think the management is wonderful to work with. They worked with my busy schedule. Any time i had a problem they was on top of it as soon as I needed them.
It will pay the bills, barely, if you work work work. Store manager micromanages every little step you take. Assistant managers are cool for the most part. I understand things get stressful and that frustrates some people, but being management you should know how to control your emotions and deal with stress.
Pros
Other associates are awesome to work with; 15% associate store discount
Cons
Just about everything else
Showed obvious favortism. The manager at the time was awful. If u flirted with him u got ur way. If u didn't u didn't get ur was. I was a very hard worker and he didn't care.
Pros
Free Popcorn
Cons
Unfair management
It 's a good place to work as far as the work environment but the manger is disrespectful to his employees and belittles them instead of encouraging them. They lose alot of employees because of him.
Pros
It's a good place to work.
Cons
The manager is not a good person.
I wrked for only 4 weeks. I was given many responsibilities and tasks but not given any proper training. I was told only one person needs to train me but I never wrked with her so every day I was lost. There were no consistency nor structure and every body did what they wanted to. In the end I ended up quitting which I have never done but it was becoming too stressful. Customers were very sweet and kind but the workplace was totally opposite.
Pros
Customers, some employees
Cons
Supervisors and management. Overall, structure and consistency of their system for new and old employees.
When I started this job I was told my only boss was the store manager and that turned out to be a game of tattle tales. I did my job well and always met my numbers but the assistants and the office manager were always unpleasant. It’s like they didn’t want me there and I was the head of that department and they wouldn’t let me train them on what I knew. Atmosphere was toxic as associates were always angry and in a bad mood. Management would pull people from doing their jobs and then get mad when they didn’t get projects done in time.
Pros
Freedom to walk around
Cons
Bad working environment (toxic)
A typical day would be answering the phone, cashing out customers, answering questions of customers within the store, and running freight and stocking shelves when slow. The management are not strong leaders, they only do what they have to in order to keep their job, and no one feels safe standing up for something they believe in. Everyone is overworked and underpaid. The majority of the people can feel that the company does not care about them as an employee.
Nice place to work.I get along with all managment.Pay is ok and there is room for advancement.the work is easy and the customers are ok.In general a decent place to work
There is more focus on the Harvest card (credit card) than any product or employee. They play Christian music in the store (which is great), but make us work every Sunday.

Great place to work, bad place to work
Pros
15% discount
Cons
Low pay, high pressure, bad management, bad hours
There is no training, no resources for success, no way of hitting goals because you have to fix other people's mistakes. If you have an iPhone, there is no way of using the app to make your job easier. I was not given much training at all, and I still struggle every day.
Pros
General manager, and most other managers and people are great to work with.
Cons
One manager is bad, and a couple employees are terrible to work with.
Haven’t worked here long but so far I love my job and have fun at work. A happy and healthy environment. Very welcoming and a decent paced job can get busy but it’s not over bearing.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rural King. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8