Rural King Employee Reviews

Trash trash trash
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHJanuary 15, 2019
It waa the worse job where u had to do everyone else job the managers yreat u like they are slave runners an none of them are on the same level an trll u one thing then its b another
Pros
There was none
Cons
Everything was messed up nothing was right
Don't work there
Department Manager-Pets/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Heath, OH 43056January 14, 2019
They talk about changes of moving forward but yet tell you they don't do that... Very mean management. They are not nice and don't find the place to put a person where they're good at. Instead just push you where you're needed.
Great company!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Connellsville, PAJanuary 13, 2019
I absolutely loved working here. Almost all of my coworkers and I made our shifts together fun. I still go in there to this day and talk to all of them. The regular customers become friends too when you are there. Not going to lie, working there can be stressful and there were so many days I wanted to quit but that’s anywhere. It’s a great starter job for a teenager or someone just trying to get back on their feet. I wish I never would have left due to personal reasons.
Becoming a leader
Pricing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INJanuary 10, 2019
A typical day entails working with management and employees to ensure the operations piece of the business is complete. I have learned communication skills as well as technical skills that I can use throughout life. The hardest part of the job is dealing with multiple demands at the same time. Prioritizing is helpful in these situations. Working with people that I enjoy being around and helping is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Not a place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, OH 45331January 10, 2019
It was a good place to work but some people like to talk about people there was some nice people that liked to help out but management was not good the hours are always changing you will never know if you have enough to pay bills
Pros
Discount
Cons
Did not have any help there at all you will not get many hours
It was ok for teenagers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, WVJanuary 9, 2019
A typical day at work included doing other peoples jobs and barely getting to do yours and then in return getting yelled at for not being able to do what you were hired to do
Terrible place to work
Worker (Former Employee) –  Connellsville, PAJanuary 9, 2019
You want to know the biggest problem with this place? It's the store manager! He constantly moves you from your department in order to write people up.
Pros
I no longer work there
Cons
Store management
3rd shift is great! Horrible management during the day.
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) –  Circleville, OHJanuary 8, 2019
The management pick and choose who gets points and who doesn't. It's ridiculous. Favoritism is a huge problem. They need to twain their managers and hold people adorable for their actions.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Bad daytime management, lazy 1st and 2nd shift
Family owned stores are great
Small engine repair (Former Employee) –  Swansea, ILJanuary 7, 2019
Worked at a family owned store and really enjoyed my time there. Managers were hands on without being overbearing, and my coworkers really enjoyed working there. Most of them being older retirees working with friends.
Pros
Discounts, food
Cons
conservative
great co-workers
CSM/ Head cashier (Former Employee) –  Bedford, IN 47421January 5, 2019
Typical day get the drawers counted and ready, make sure stuff is ready to go. get everyone on their registers.Take care of the customers at all times no matter what they need. As the shifts ends count down each drawers when they go home. All the workers are exspected to do their duties that they have to on a daily basis. make sure everyone is taking care non matter haw big the situation. after, ther day has ended go count the safe and all the money including drawers as well yo match up.The managers are always near when you need them . This is one of the best places you could work fun, good workers, great customers, just overall great fun place.
Worst job ive ever had.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHJanuary 5, 2019
They treat you like animals and dont care. There's no positive energy in the work area. There is nothing good or positive about working for this company. I was hired as a part time. 2 days before christmas the manager brings me in the office and tells me I was hired as seasonal and they had to let me go. The manager lies about a lot. Trust me do NOT work there.
Very fun and laid back
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INJanuary 2, 2019
Rural king was one of my favorite jobs, because the customers are great to work with and so are the employees. We make popcorn and coffee for the customers as well.
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
different hours everyday
lack of leadership
stocker and reciever (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VAJanuary 2, 2019
you work hard and when promised a raise you never get it. the employees are working against each other. the management is one sided. was told i was getting a promotion and never got it.
Good company terrible management
assistant store manager (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNJanuary 1, 2019
Company it’s self was fun to work for the manager didn’t know what was going on half the time and the other have was spent showing favoritisms of certain employees
Not great overall
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Charleston, ILJanuary 1, 2019
Might be a good first job but management is terrible. They make promises and then don’t go through with them. Their is no system/order to it. There is no time to make plans outside of work, barely enough time for normal life duties.
Pros
Discount at stores
Stay Away
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 30, 2018
This job wont train you but will want to blame you for your deficiencies, and then you will get released from your position. Management will talk to you anyway they want to and you have to put up with it. If you question anything even motives that are utterly nonsensical you will be terminated. Any place that fires just about 50 percent of the people they hire for illegitimate reasons isnt a good place to work. I wouldnt recommend this Company to anyone.
Pros
Nothing slave labor for pennies
Friendly Atmosphere
Gunbarn Associate (Former Employee) –  New Castle, INDecember 23, 2018
I loved this job until management became pushy and forcing me to do things not in the job description, and being paid less BUT having to do other's jobs.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Fast paced with great management
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHDecember 21, 2018
When I worked at Rural King I worked 5PM-Close. The day seemed to go by pretty fast. It was a good first job. I learned how to be a team leader and great customer service skills. Everyone seemed to get along and we worked well as a team. The hardest part of the job was probably dealing with difficult customers but that taught me patience. I would recommend this as a first job.
Pros
Understandable
Cons
Short breaks
Great Experience
Associate (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INDecember 14, 2018
Rural King is a family owned business with its headquarters in Illinois.
My employment at Rural King is very rewarding in regard to working with the team, assisting customers, and the management's leadership style.
Pros
Excellent benefits and bonuses
Cons
Lots of walking
Liked it
Department Manager, csm,floater (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHDecember 13, 2018
Loved working at rural king, but got underpaid for how mich i did there, the staff is amaxing and managers were there most the time needed, and customers were amaxing also

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rural King. Our community is ready to answer.