Rural King

• Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job

It’s a job.

There are one maybe two mangers when I worked here that where good. The rest would talk bad about you to everyone. Be ready to do not only your job but others as well.

Absolute Disgrace

Management here is terrible. They do not keep you informed of ANYTHING that changes. Only 3 ASMs are actually good and respectable. Manager chooses "favorites" to praise and hard working employees, even when they follow orders either to the letter or to the best of their ability, to shame. Even goes as far to demean, insult, or just outright shame associates in front of other staff and customers and needs to be either retrained or replaced. I wouldn't recommend working here if you do not want to be unappreciated and underpaid. Even with a pay increase, it is not enough to deal with what you are put through.

Pros

You get a paycheck.

Cons

You have to deal with a manager that does nothing to improve the experience of or help employees.

Love the people

T he people are great its a great place to work love going there every day wouldn't think about leaving just a great place to work they actually care about us

The management is awful

The management needs improvement majorly. You go to them with a problem or an issue and nothing is done to fix or resolve it. The pay is demeaning for everything you have to put up with.

Terrible job

Management is the worst. Employees are very nosy. Wouldn’t recommend working in this unhealthy environment.

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Great atmosphere, management needs work

I enjoyed working here. Compensation lacked for a management position and the higher-ups done very little other than just tell associates job tasks. They don’t lead by example very often

Pros

Good coworkers

Cons

Management engagement

Most the associates are okay but management is terrible.

When Hal became the store manager the work place quickly went downhill it’s kinda funny how the company can lose 3 managers and many associates in a matter of months. Getting time off is almost impossible, you can’t talk to management about anything without them getting upset. I was a cashier and they don’t care about customer service it’s all about the warranty’s and harvest cards and if you don’t reach the goal they require you get threatened to be fired. I can’t force customers to buy a warranty. As an associate you are belittled by management you never get recognized for any of the good work you do only the “bad.” No one has any time to help with the issues In the work place it’s a joke. As a cashier I got so many complaints about the store. I strongly advise not to work there and if you do your best best is to put your head down and listen to what they tell you to do even if it’s complete nonsense don’t expect to have freedom of speech if you still want a job, no matter what you say your wrong in their eyes.

Pros

Associates

Cons

Time off management

Not the best

Expected too much for little pay. I was promised many different things but never received them there are not enough people to help when is needed I will just suggest to stay away

It’s gone down hill fast

It use to be an ok place to work for then boom gone down hill fast. Your lucky if u get any help really an ya u do have them set people who will help you in a heart beat. The HR department has taken over an if they don’t like you for any reason they give you more points then you should have just to get you fired it’s not right an a lot of people suffer thanks to them.

Pros

Higher pay

Cons

Almost everything really

Not too bad could be better

Pay needs to be increased. Overall work is not hard or challenging. Would like to see a more challenging work environment but the people and atmosphere is not bad

Pros

Fun work environment

Cons

Lower pay

In need of new management

Don’t get me wrong this place wasn’t always bad. I used to love working for RK, I could have even saw myself retiring from there at one time. But if the last 8 months have taught me anything it’s good things can rapidly turn into bad things. The store manager and ops manager need to be replaced. They have no human compassion. Work/Life balance is also nonexistent. It’s nothing for them to work you 9 days straight and most of those shifts would be a closing shift with an opening shift the next day. They try to berate everyone that works in that store. I was told I didn’t show enough potential and growth to be promoted to ASM, which was a job I was already doing, I just wasn’t getting paid for it. There is some good people that work there but in this instance the bad outweighs the good. Horrible place to work.

Terrible Management

Do you like being treated like you're the least important person in the world? Do you like being overwhelmed with too many tasks that aren't humanly possible to complete? Do you like having absolutely no work/life balance? Do you like being an underpaid associate? Do you like having a Store Manager who chooses to never even learn your name? Do you like being passed up for promotions you qualify for, only to see them interviewing less/unqualified people from outside the business? Then this would be the place for you. This location was ranked 139/139 worst in the company when it comes to Associate Happiness & nothing has been done to improve it. Schedules are erratic, the Store Manager and Ops Manager think employees don't deserve to be treated like humans. You can end up getting scheduled 7-10 days in a row on a regular basis. HR is a joke, as they were contacted repeatedly about so many issues and never replied! Insurance is a joke, as I tried to call my "care coordinators" for help multiple times but they were literally clueless. I worked here 2 years and have gone from begging associates not to quit to completely giving up. Do not work at this location until the management is changed. It's not worth it to your mental & physical health.

Pros

The associates

Cons

Literally everything to do with Management and up

Great employees, poor upper management

I learned that once the store opened and certain managers left the store went downhill. Enjoyed working there until end of May. Retail is always tough but this is ridiculous. Management is in a constant state of flux and no real direction. The manager with most seniority bullies and belittles employees. Unfortunately it’s too late to keep the good employees on staff. Understaffed and poorly managed.

It's alright being a loader.. has it's downsides.

Honestly, for a starting job for a 16 yr old it isn't terrible. Lifting heavy bags, doing loadouts, getting carts. All fairly simple and easy. The part they don't specify is you're practically a janitor too. You clean bathrooms, clean trash around the building, and you are the one told to clean any messes, and honestly if I would've know that before applying, I wouldn't of applied. It's nice working there, it's just the things they expect you to do can be absurd at times.In my defense, every job application for any position does infact say "Maintain a clean environment". So why make the "loader" be the store's janitor rather than have each department help out?

Pros

Flexible Schedule

Cons

Inaccurate Job Descriptions

Too many ppl complaining about the job

Job was easy. All I did was walk around and organize plants. Do load outs and water plants. At the end of the day, we all helped clean up inside the store.

Pros

Helpful store employees

Cons

Not paid enough for the amount of work.

Internal Growth

The employee turnover is high due to pay rate and lack of experienced workers. Advancement in the company can be difficult, the upper management do not necessarily place the best candidate in the available position. Instead they hire from outside the company and post the job as a curteousy. I was over looked at least five times for a store management position only to have newbies from without to be hired. Out of those 5 , only 1 of them still exists today. The benefits are good and protective for the employee and the company.

Pros

Pay is decent and the benefits are good.

Cons

Advancement is difficult unless upper management likes you.

Your basic low paying retail job

Advancement based on favoritism, impossible to get a raise cause the managers are stingy, drama like crazy! And new policies every week and new ways of doing things, never know what to expect.

Management is terrible

Got cussed out by the store manager and nothing was ever done about it. Pay isn’t good, hours aren’t good, turnover is high. Work life balance is nonexistent. My honeymoon was denied for no reason.

Cons

Not the worst place. Fun at times.

If you are a buddy with management and dept managers you will do great!! Management is good but very relaxed which is both good and can be bad. Equipment for the cashiers is inadequate!! Scanners need replaced, credit card machines need replaced.

Pros

15% discount

Cons

Sometimes NO breaks, Pay

Some of the people are good to work with.

I thought working there was ood t first but its not good. Some of the people are good to work with and others people not so much. The pay sucks. I' m looking for another job because working here I'm barely making enough to pay my car payments.

Pros

People

Cons

pay

Decent place to work but understaffed.

I am in management and corporate is stubborn and isn’t quick to fix things that have broken. They do not hire enough people, or give us proper equipment to do our jobs. The work load is constantly growing and compensation doesn’t level out to the amount of work put in.

Pros

Some PTO time

Cons

You have to sell the company’s credit card constantly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rural King. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

Compare Rural King with

• Rural King
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?