Rush Copley Medical Center
78Above average

Rush Copley Medical Center Employee Reviews

United States95 reviews
A typical day was structured, not very stressful. Management seemed to treat employees fairly. Culture of workplace was good, nice people, friendly.
No DBA’s
They buy software that they can’t afford to support

It’s not what you know.... it’s how long you’ve been there. so many people in management have no idea what they r doing. They assign arbitrary deadlines without having a plan. An IT nightmare
Pros
Money is good
Cons
Too many people with limited knowledge in very important positions.
I’ve worked in several departments within the hospital. Our new CEO is amazing! He would check on departments every day even in his previous role. He knows the company well since he has been there since he was a dietary aid in his first job. The teamwork in each department is outstanding. Highly recommend the company.
Pros
Great management, 12 hour shifts in most departments, and teamwork is unlike other companies I’ve been at.
Cons
You make your schedule, but the days you chose are not promised even if you’re in school.
Enjoyed staff and management. Sweet community hospital. Busy but character building. Would return in the future and recommend to new or senior nurses :-)
Pros
Management, community hospital
Love working for Rush Copley. I love working with the patients. This Hospital cares about its employees as well as the patients. There is a strong sense of belonging here. Proud to say I work here.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Horrible morale and zero teamwork or support from management. Really high turnover so the schedule is always a mess. One of the lower paying places in the area and absolutely no room for any kind of growth.
I recommend this hospital very nice hospital to work at. Very nice and courteous to guest, patients, employees and outsourced company’s. RCMC. Strive to be one of the best in the aurora area and it is making there achievement. Way to go RUSH COPLEY!!!
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at Rush Copley, I started as a CNA and worked my way up to my dream job at the time as a chemotherapy infusion nurse. I felt like the nurses voices were really heard at this company and our opinions were taken into consideration. It may not have felt like that at the time but compared to other companies I have now worked for, I see that we were really valued as employees. Raises were much higher than anywhere I have worked after.
The hospital is expanding it's relationship with Rush University. We have new management and things are being more micro managed. There are more responsibilities with no change in staff size.
Rush hospital Its good place to work , clean , save , friendly , have good benefit for employe . Good management, good organization and putting patients and family members first
Switchboard is a small department. Ten people do their utmost to make sure that switchboard is running 24/7. We provide emergency response, life safety code calling, information, call routing, and clerical support for the hospital. Each shift cooperates with each other to make sure that time off is covered by the ones remaining. We try very hard to support each other's needs, and to be truthful, the more supportive you are of other's time off, the more supportive they are of yours.
I am very lucky to work with such smart, funny, competent and caring women, and we are currently looking for a few more.

If you want to be able to be proud of what you do, hold yourself to a high standard, and work in a cooperative, casual environment doing challenging, important work, then this is the place for you.
Pros
healthplex membership, highly self motivated position, 24/7 support
Cons
Dept. must be manned at all times, Someone comes in for breaks.
This is a hospital, hence there are multiple departments so mulitple managers. Things could be better here if all departments worked together rather than differently. Patients should always come first so management could use a refresher to remember that those who interact at the start and end of a visit (non-clinical staff) should be given all resources required to make patients happy. These employees should also be happy themselves, treated according to their work ethic not by anything else.
Benefits are good if you're coming from having none. Good hours in certain departments.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, poor management in many departments
3-4 patients critical care progressive unit. I learned IV drip infusion care of cardiac cath patient, stroke care sheath pull. Management very visible and accessible. Work culture is team oriented no staff falls behind without help.
Pros
excellent place to work
Cons
time off has to be requested within a specific time
I've been working for 41 years and my experience was good. I would recommend this job to anyone with the same skill set. I have retired from the company. The environment is great and the field I have worked in is fast paced and requires leader ship. Working at Rushed was a great experience that I growed from. This company gave me an opportunity to level up in life.
I'm underpaid and over worked. They're completely inflexible with your home-work balance. Supervisor is rude and disrespectful and plays favorites. Management takes advantage of their employees until they're driven to find other jobs. A revolving door of employees.
Pros
Gym membership
Cons
Abusive management
This place is a complete disaster. There is no formal training, you sit with people from different departments to see how differently every single person works in that department and are expected to pick up the information. The professional managers are vindictive,miserable, inexperienced, and uneducated. They were worry more about the workplace gossip than the actual patients. One manager does absolutely nothing all day but gossip with her favorites and never actually discuss work while in the office. They promote people who sit in the bathroom all day, never answer emails, or sit at their desks taking personal calls on their cell phones. The workers who are actually knowledgeable aren’t allowed to work to their full potential as this makes the “favorites” look bad. The pay is below average and not worth the stress. Do yourself a favor and look at the other local hospitals.
Pros
Paycheck, free gym, select coworkers and management
Cons
Doctor billing management, hostile work environment, no set training
After 15 years of working here I left for many reasons
-Lack of concern for patient safety

-Poor patient care standards

-lack of proper ancillary support

-Heavy on call hour requirements

-Poor patient outcomes

-Corrupt administration

-Salary per hour was good but in last 2 years have not had a full 80 hour biweekly paycheck due to low patient volumes

manadatory days off and go home early due to low hospital cencus.
Rush is a great company to work for just don’t work for ICA management is horrible nurse’s have no respect for techs and they don’t help with patient care . Unit is always short staff so most of the time you’ll have 12 patients . The other units are great for the most part
Enjoyed working for Rush Copley Medical Center, learned a great deal while I was in nursing school. disappointed that they did not hire from within for their New Grad Program.
Pros
learning experiance if in nursing school
Cons
do not promote hard working and dedicated employees form within.
Flexible work hours. Other employee's were friendly and helpful.

Healthplex gym available to all employees.

Work life balance is very good for the accounting area.
I can truely say that Rush Copley cares for there workers even CNAs. Anyone has a chance to advance their. The structure and the culture make that hospital great and they pay well compaired to other hospitals in the area.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rush Copley Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.
Rush Copley Medical Center Reviews by Location