Rush Copley Medical Center Employee Reviews

Management is downfall of company
Business Associate (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 28, 2018
The best part of employment at Rush Copley in Patient Access would be the coworkers. They keep you from losing your mind when things get stressful (as they do in both emergency room care and outpatient centers). You can expect to work short frequently with no repercussions for management's pets but those who aren't brown-nosers are often threatened and written up should they become ill or have an emergency. Manager is condescending, manipulative and often lies to employees to pin them against one another. While earning vacation time is quite easy, being allowed to use days off is very difficult. If you either have thick skin or work overnights, this is a decent job as it pays competitively.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
management, ability to receive time off, scheduling
Skip this employer
Staff (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 6, 2018
Time off is accumulated but due to short staffing, vacations were denied. Constantly working 40+ hours a week even though I was part time with part time benefits. Management did not care and HR was notified about the under-staffing. Nothing was done in the time i worked there.
Pros
Health club membership
Cons
perpetually understaffed. no work life balance
good team work
Doctors, RNs, ancillary staff and management (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 14, 2019
I enjoyed working in a progressive RT dept.
Pro multi cultural place to work

Decent workload most days

Good team work

Hardest part of job is when not staffed appropriately and it's busy, doesn't seem fair to pt care
Management is run very unprofessional
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 16, 2019
Management is run very unprofessional, unethical and unwilling to help or understand an employees circumstances. In this particular organization of Rush health they use open door policy and then divulge employees personal information, rather than keeping it confidential. Among the organization there are many employees who also act unethically and no repercussions are taken.
Cons
Poor ethics
Great Company, Amazing Benefits
CLINICAL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 1, 2018
Rush-Copley is a great place to work. It's a very clean hospital and they truly value their employees. The benefits are great! I would go back in a heartbeat if it were closer to my home.
Pros
Great Benefits
Great Fun
Barista (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 6, 2018
I started at Rush Copley as a Barista and through the kindness that I've shown to every employee, I was able to intern and then work at Rush Copley. I am grateful for my start and opportunity I was given. This facility cares about their patients and their employees.
Pros
meet new people
Great place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 17, 2018
Great company with excellent management. Staff is very nice and understanding. They are willing to accommodate and work with your schedule. Friendly atmosphere.
Great organization and Work environment
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 18, 2018
It is a great work environment, the departments are well organized, the employees give exceptional care, and they were really flexible with my nursing school schedule
Fun and great place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 21, 2018
Good place to work. Everyone there is a team that’s willingly to work together. They work to strive for excellence and put the patients first. No complaints about this company.
Pros
Friendly, food options are good
great staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 27, 2018
Great staff. Always willing to help others when needed. Great mentorship and room for advancement. Terrible, over-bearing, unporofessional management.
Awful
Laboratory (Former Employee) –  AuroraFebruary 24, 2018
I started here and quickly realized this wasn't for me.
The staff is rude to eachother and there was lots of internal drama. Being a newcomer was hard, training was sub par for such a large place. I also noticed lots of people who lacked in skills and training were put into leadership roles. I found being on the floors the best part of the job. However, I witnessed quite a few staff members taking short cuts and not following proper protocols. They are always short staffed and I ended up working a lot trying to help but felt taken advantage of in the long run. It's no wonder they pay so good, they have to in order to keep people. Shame because I had high hopes due to Rush's reputation.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Drama, politics, short staffing
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 25, 2018
I enjoy working at Rush Copley. Typical day is busy but manageable. With the changes in healthcare reimbursement job stability was always a concern, raises were postponed.
Benefits
Cons
Fast pace
Not the best
Food Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 21, 2018
Communication from department to department, even within departments, is almost nonexistent. Very little trust from co workers regarding patient info and timeliness.
NIce place to work
MRI Lead Technologist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 15, 2018
Nice place to work. The people are great, the facility is immaculate.Changes are looking good for the future of the hospital. Nothing really bad to say.
Pros
coworkers are great
Cons
hiring issues
Fun environment with a collaborative team effort
Center Secretary-Obstetrics (Current Employee) –  Aurora, IL 60504July 19, 2018
Fun environment with a collaborative team effort. RCMC likes to hear from their employees. They look for advice/feedback on operations and ways to improve in the unit. I have the freedom to work on the things I need to independently, but also be part of a team atmosphere and help others at the same time.
Pct
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 29, 2018
awesome opportunity to learn many new skills, working with plenty of wonderful people, working with new and fun patients. the night shift was the best, i worked nights full time and I worked resource across the hospital.

Best health care experience I ever had.
Pros
lots of experience
Cons
scheduling
nice place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 4, 2017
nice place to work and build resume management not the best. Great for new grads of nursing. Will learn a lot. Culture wise the faculty is not very diverse. they hire the same types of people throughout the units. Only hear or see Admin. when they are coming to tell us we aren't doing that great.
Awesome place to work!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILSeptember 15, 2017
Amazing support from managers & coworkers. Absolutely great place to work. The only reason I left this company is because I had to relocate. Great training program for new grads.
Pros
Pay, benefits, coworkers, awesome management
IS Department
TEAM LEADER/PROJECT MANAGER II (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 30, 2018
Very enjoyable place to work. As a Healthcare Facility its very comparable to most other Healthcare facilities. Very co worker friendly. Great place
Pros
Environment
Unpleasant work environment
Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILSeptember 12, 2017
Management team of laboratory - they do not know how to manage, how to talk to people, as we are adults, talk to their staff as if we are children, bully and make you feel guilty, very very difficult to get time off, yells at their staff, extremely high turnover in laboratory, if short staffed you don't get a break, staff does not get along, stabs each other behind your back, threatening and unpleasant work environment in the lab. Cut throat! NO teamwork!
Benefits
Cons
poor management; unpleasant/poor work environment; no team players