Rush Enterprises Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Senior IT Project Manager & Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 5, 2019
Culture is terrible. People are jealous and envious of the work your doing and will do anything to jeopardize your work. Worse than middle school. Avoid Rush!!!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Too many to mention
Underutilized despite the sales pitch when interviewing
Tech II (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAApril 2, 2019
They preach training, paccar/Cummins certificates, major advancements in your career during the phone and in Person interviews however the only “training” was the first 3 weeks after being hired on, sitting behind a computer. After that they just throw you into the shop with absolutely no clue how to clock into jobs, getting parts, proper procedures, etc. you ask management and they tell you to ask another tech. Doing this gets you nowhere as you ask 5 guys and get 5 different answers.

There’s a single foreman that hands out all the work. If he doesn’t like you or doesn’t know you, get used to doing services and hanging drivelines as I was there 4 months and that’s about 90% of all I did and was allowed to do despite the experience I had prior to coming here. Also you’ll realize quick that it’s about numbers and not about your job security. It’s a revolving door of technicians. Extremely stressful showing up to work. While being there that short period of time I witnessed 2 guys get escorted out for “low performance” and 3 guys quit, all the while more than a dozen new hire techs just sitting at the computer “training” unknowing to what nightmare they’re getting into.

I’ve been in the industry for almost 10 years both in management and as a technician and this place opporates more like a mom and pop shop than it does a dealership. Day to day it blew my mind when I’d look around and remind myself this was a dealership. The equipment is low grade or in terrible condition, the shop is filthy, overrun by pigeons, pigeon feces everywhere. You have to supply your own airlines
  more... and air fittings, and speaking of air, might as well budget in new air tools as there’s so much water in their air supply you’re pretty much hooking your tools up to a garden hose.

Then there’s the pay. The first 3 months you’ll be sitting pretty making your premium rate. But after that falls off, get used to being an hourly tech at 24 bucks. They don’t tell you about how they take hours away from you if you’re not productive either, or that the foreman handing out the work isn’t giving you any work that will keep you in your premium pay. Each RO lists how much the job pays, but don’t manage your time off of this as this isn’t actually what they pay you. If you don’t justify your time in your comments, when they close the work order they just won’t pay you.

All in all if you enjoy your sanity than stay far away from this place
Pros
Cons
Poor management, high stress, filthy shop, equipment is faulty and or unsafe, no job security let alone advancement
Former employee porter cdl driver
Porter/ cdl driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 13, 2019
Pay is ok . At least its hourly but if you have actual grown up bills ! Look elsewhere.... insurance for a family is unaffordable and they don't care about hourly employees. They take care of the office people and management that's it . Theres no opportunity to make money only pencil pushers get monthly bonuses off the backs of people actually doing the work
Pros
Hour lunch. Weekends off
Cons
Pay, insurance, management
Dont go there.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 5, 2019
First this company pays flat rate. This company plays favorites. If you are looking for training good luck. They promised that they will train you and they do not.. They will go through and train certain people and that is it. They start off pretty much everybody at the about the same rate. No matter what your experience is. Unless you're willing to suck up and kiss their butt you are not going to get anywhere. And since they are a flat rate shop they will steal the time from certain mechanics to help pad other mechanics times. The place is not worth your time. Some of the mechanics that work in the shop are good people. It's just a management there is horrible.
Pros
Benefits and other mechanics
Cons
management
Family Friendly Career
Parts Counter Person (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 4, 2019
I came from a fast paced enviroment that had no respect for a Parent and Family Person... Rush is great for a family Man. Great Pay Benefits, They offer 15k of life insurance for free to just work here.. Its a great job that pays very well... but its still a job and you have to do your work.. if you are a goal oriented, competitive person who wants to work in a fun enviroment.. then get a job with rush.. Its one of the best choices ive ever made... Love it here
Pros
Great family Balance, pay
Cons
very little
Horrible place
Lever 1 mechanic (Former Employee) –  California, FontanaMarch 2, 2019
Terrible place to work at. The managers do not care about the employees. Very fast pace of work. A lot of employees coming and going, high rate of turn over. That company does not pay u hourly, when u get payed, you have money missing from your pay. All the employees are stressed out all the time. Stay away from this Place!
Pros
1hour lunch
Cons
Incompetent managers
Poor management
Tech III (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 24, 2019
The biggest complaint I had, which was expressed by most coworkers I dealt with, was the poor management and attitude thereof. The company has the potential to be a fine place to work. The health insurance and other benefits are actually quite nice and affordable (or they were for a single employee). Furthermore, I'm not a huge fan of flat rate pay, especially when favoritism is associated with it -- makes it hard to make a living. Other than those few items, if Rush could straighten management out where I was they would be a superb place to work.
Pros
Good benefits and coworkers
Cons
Poor management and poor attitude from management
Compensation and Benefits are great
SAP Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXFebruary 13, 2019
This company has great compensation and benefits. Learned how to work with all types of people. Very fast pace work environment, if you like having a job that is constantly busy you are in the right place.
Great place to work except
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 24, 2019
Management was terrible and they ruined passing job orders out. But great benefits and training. I love the job until they start mixing management and job orders
Broken equipment everywhere
tech level 1 (Former Employee) –  nevadaJanuary 24, 2019
dont apply for this job if you want to sit and wait for parts while you dont earn any money

equipment is always broken and what does work you have to search for

you will be given only warrant y work which will short you then they wil back flag you alot of hours

you need like 5 different logins for different programs on the daily

they place looks like a dump and runs like one BEWARE save yourself and time
Pros
mangement doesnt care so doesnt matter if you do nothing
Cons
broken equipment bad pay horrible work enviroment
hard work
Porter (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 23, 2019
do not get the respect that you deserve switch you to other jobs even if your not done with job you are working on could be better if management would work better together
No sense of direction
Aftermarket Sales (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 23, 2019
There are some great people at Rush. But, there are too many managers, too many people who drop the ball, too many people who lack accountability, and too many people that are focused on too many things other than their job. The issue is that nobody works together. Aftermarket part reps are treated as lesser staff than truck sales. Truck sales are seen as arrogant and snobbish. Inside guys pick favorites. Managers have too many things going on to pay attention to their objectives. Parts can be spotty. Delivery of parts is hit or miss. They want to claim their inventory is all makes and all models. It simply isn’t. They have too many gaps to be effective. It’s a good place if you have low expectations. I just didnt see it as the bright, shiney object they promised. My boss was great. But there were simply too many bosses that I didn’t know who did what most times. It was annoying. Rusty Rush seems to have a lot going on. He seems engaged in the company, however from what I’ve been told he’s surrounded by yes men and doesn’t really understand the issues that his company has because he’s so insulated.
Pros
Company truck and fuel card, benefits, good hours for sales
Cons
Unorganized, inefficient, too many bosses, poor communication, no accountability on screw ups
Not very good
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILNovember 28, 2018
Been at this company three years and I am looking for another job fast. Coworkers are not good; no communication between departments; no team work; boss is a idiot.

Do not apply here, you will be unhappy.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
work environment; management; coworkers
It's What You Make It
Parts Sales (Former Employee) –  GANovember 25, 2018
The Company Is A Nice Place To Work, But The Character Of A Select Few Of Individuals That Do Work There Can Make It A Very Isolating Atmosphere. Rush Is An Overall Solid Place.
good place to work for permanent employees
Member of dedicated statement team of 6 (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXOctober 29, 2018
I was working as a contractor for over a year. Never received an adjustment in pay, no benefits and no permanent hire date on the radar. Other than that I did love the work I did but I needed something with benefits.
Pros
very close to home
Cons
being a contractor long term doesn't work for me at this time in my life
different place to work
Indiana Truck Sales (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 18, 2018
come to work , work for a day clock out and go home . A large variety of work to do, some aspects of this company are very good. Some of them are not so good.
Pros
pay is good
Cons
no team concept
A lot of customer time
Service Wrighter (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 12, 2018
Good place to work still have good friends there and will stop to se them. Must stay in con tack with customer have to up date custom twice a day .had great customer contact work with with me a lot .
Pros
Always friendly
Cons
Need to go fast past
Great Company
Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXSeptember 21, 2018
Rush Enterprises still feels like a family-owned company. One of my best work experiences ever. Great people all around. I learned a great deal working there
Pros
great atmosphere
Opportunity for growth
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXSeptember 17, 2018
A typical day at work is busy and full of work. The time goes by quickly, you have to like working on teams or with partners if you are at an entry level position. Almost every department is made of teams unless you are advancing to management or supervisor, which is standard for a large corporation.
Pros
Amazing management in some areas
Cons
Terrible management in other areas
Temp to Hire
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXSeptember 10, 2018
When I worked for Rush, it started out great. I learned the accounting process really quick. A typical day at Rush was steadily busy. After being there for awhile and getting to the ladies, they became catty. It was like being in high school. They played favorites a lot with the Supervisors. The most enjoyable part of what I did was working with the invoices and keeping in touch with the stores that I was over.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rush Enterprises. Our community is ready to answer.