Rush University Medical Center Employee Reviews

All About Business.
Anesthesia Tech (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2018
Rush was a rush.
Very fast paced.
Very solid company externally looking in.
Workers will be over worked and stressed many times
with little to no recognition.
Modern technology and very up to date software.
Very good reputation for hospital.
Great Discounts for working there.
Good benefits and Insurance
Very well management company `
Patient Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 10, 2018
Rush University is a fantastic place to work, the environment is calm and warming they help their patient really caring when it comes to their patients health.
Pros
sometimes
Quiet and Great for Advancement
Network Operations Center Technician (NOC) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 10, 2018
Overnight helpdesk, Help customer with IT issues. Unlock password accounts. Learned to multitask . Management is very helpful in gives workers tools to success. Fun and family like culture. The hardest part of my job is staying awake. The most enjoyable part of my job is resolving a customer issue.
Good place to be
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 7, 2018
It's a good place to be at as you will learn the new advances in medicine and the new technology that is up to date. It's in the middle of Chicago and close to nice places.
Rush University Medical Center was an awesome place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 6, 2018
I no longer work at Rush University Medical Center.
My work at Rush University Medical Center was very enjoyable and rewarding. I worked for the Chairman of Ob/Gyn and the Director of Women's Healthcare at Rush. The position was fast-paced, challenging and enabled me to utilize my organizational and prioritization skills. This position required me to multitask in order to meet deadlines and complete various work assignments.
Assistant Director, Patient Transport (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 6, 2018
Great place to work. Nice and collaborative working environment. Parking can be very difficult depending upon your work schedule. Opportunities for job advancement.
Pros
People
Love Rush
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2018
I enjoy working for Rush. Amazing job for anyone. Very hard to get into when applying but when you get in you don't want to get fired. They are one of the highest paid hospitals in Chicago. The only thing I don't like is the Clerks don't have management so its left up to incompetent people to do scheduling and work the call-ins/ off... its unorganized in that sense because the clerks are being overworked from being Mandated almost twice in a week or more in a month . They need to find a better system because they are over working the ones they do have. Other than that it's really not a bad place to be.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, People
Cons
Parking, No Management for Clerks
It was a good place to volunteer at
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2018
Duties included transporting patients and family, comforting patients, delivering flower and mail, and helping health professionals with duties related to patient care.
"Puppy day", massages, and a pianist once a month at the hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2018
I worked on a fast paced unit, focused on "time stamps", ( getting the patient in and out as quickly as possible). Management can sometimes be more focused on acuity numbers, as opposed to actual patient care (MY opinion). It was most difficult to be on call( Monday-Monday), coming in at 3:00am for non-emergent procedures.I did, however, enjoy connecting, and caring for the wonderful patients that i've met, and developed relationships with.
Overall it was a great learning experience
Clinic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 27, 2018
My last Dept was the best...I typically arrived at work & started calling pts.to confirm appts...I checked them in & out all while managing phones o& placing physician orders..Mgmt was great..Overal I believe that Rush lacks in culture diversification despite attempts...but out all of my years there I've loved each dept.
Benefits
Cons
Cost of food is expensive...lack of diversification...wages
Great place to work if you don't want a promotion.
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2018
I liked the people and the projects but employees in my department never moved up, and were never allowed to apply to other jobs in the same department.
Top notch per Chicago. Nursing ideal
Data Abstractor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 18, 2018
Only work part time currently administrative, good experience with great managerial support. Used to work as nursing assistant with role model RNs. very happy.
I enjoy working for Rush Medical Center a lot!!
Guest Relations Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 18, 2018
This by far has been the best job I have ever had. My manager is awesome my schedule works easily around my life and I enjoy working with patients and visitors. I would get all of my friends and former co workers a job here if I could.
Pros
Great with employee issues
Cons
Temporarily understaffed due to unforeseen let go and losses.
Productive and great energy in work enviroment
Rush IT Help Desk team member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 9, 2018
The whole team was energetic and positive and was open to help and train. A typical day at my position as an IT help desk member began early in the morning as early as 5am. I learned that as being a part of the Help Desk we are the employees first line of help. The management in the office and area I was in was great they had a positive energy and always available to answer questions. Hardest part of the position was not having all the information on all the software the hospital used therefore I was not able to assist with all the issues. The enjoyable part was the people and the gratitude you heard in employees' voices when you were able to solve the issues they were having.
Pros
Fun training
Cons
None available
Lovely work place with intelligent staff
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 7, 2018
flexible work conditions, 2 days work from home
Privately negotiated health pan exclusively for Rush employees
100% Tuition reimbursement if you school at Rush University
Highly intelligent co-workers
Chalenging work environment
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2018
Due to implementation of therapist driven protocols and the amount of research done at the university, Rush employees have more freedom to make healthcare related decisions for their patients then at other hospitals that I have worked at.
Pros
Free tuition to Rush University
Cons
short staffed
Excellent company for careers
Lead Call Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 30, 2018
A typical day at the Rush Call Center/Subspecialty. We receive over 300 calls a day to assistant patient with appointment, medications and message for the doctor
Enjoyed working at Rush. Rush gave me the opportunity to develop a multitude of skills. Everything from personal to technical.
Histology Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 26, 2018
My job was integrated with another department. If my job hadn’t been integrated with another department, I would have continued working at Rush. I was dedicated and proud to putting patient care before anything else.
learning on thejob experience
Surgical Technician enteral (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 25, 2018
work 1 shift 7 to 1pm some student where in SPD or O R .pull cast cart for morning surgical where you go over case . prepared instrument trays and wrap trays . I love it
Pros
to short of time
Cons
learning about surgical and instrument
Excellent Place to work.
Interventional Tech Advance (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 25, 2018
A typical day for me starts at 4:30, I actually don't start until 5 am but I like to start early get things ready so when the prep nurses come in all rooms are set up. I clock in at 5 am by that time 1st case patients are arriving. I help bring patients to room give patients instructions and if any poc test is needed I give patient urine cup direct them to washroom explain to patient why urine is needed. Once we obtain urine I walk with patient back to room give them gown and instructions. If blood work is needed I let patient get undressed first then return and draw blood. I'm also a QBS (qualified bilingual services) at Rush University Medical Center. My days are fun always learning something everyday. The only reason that I would consider leaving my current job for a job similar to my current job and the reason I would leave is that I'm also currently in school for my BSN I will have all my prerequisites done by the end of fall semester 2018 and will be in the BSN program by January 2019. So I would like to work part-time weekends night shift like Friday, Saturday and Sunday night work 10/12 hrs a night.
Pros
I learn something different everyday, helps me grow as a person and as a health care professional.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rush University Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight