Rush University Medical Center Employee Reviews

Go
Anesthesiologist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2019
A good place to work. lots of learning. Young people keep you on your toes. Very busy place. over 40000 cases a year. Lots of different techniques...
Pros
Flexible schedule
Wonderful place to work.
Patient Flow Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 16, 2019
This was a wonderful hospital to work for. The HR staff were a bit nasty, but they rest of the hospital staff are great. They offer so many programs for employees to explore.
Good job security. Little room for advancement.
Nurse Clinician 2 (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 9, 2019
It is a good place to work, but there is little opportunity for advancement in the ambulatory setting. The work environment is generally pleasant and safe.
good place to work and continue advancment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 7, 2019
Work is pretty much focus on taking care of the patient needs with a quality and good customer service. Daily visit to patient to discuss the dislike and like of the business and out culture.
Pros
excellent leadership team
Cons
n/a
Gret place to be employed
Operational Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 4, 2019
A great place to work with great individuals with a primary focus on the best possible outcomes for patients. Rush ICARE values are second to known due to its focus on not only patient but all staff members as well.
Loved (Rush) Hospital
Operating Room Assistant / Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 2, 2019
Working at Rush was one of many great jobs that came my way. I really don't have anything bad to say about working there. The diversity and open communication that this facility offered was and is something that you won't find anywhere else.
Supportive culture
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 13, 2018
I have worked at Rush for 10 years and they really support their nurses and also give us the opportunity to advance our profession. Working here has really taught me everything I know about being a nurse, and has given me the knowledge and skill base I use on a daily basis in order to provide the best possible care to my patients.
Top class Medical Center
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 11, 2018
I appreciated my experience working at Rush University Health Systems. It was interesting, rewarding working with pediatric psych patients, and taught me valuable leadership skills.

I saw many psychiatric illnesses, and it was sometimes sad interacting with children with little support at home, or having past exposure to abusive home situations.

The work to life balance was poor. I worked 3-11, and my commute was 45 minutes. There was some sort of work meeting or group meeting with the psychiatrist almost every week, which increased my commute time. You were expected to join various organizations to get further involved with the organization. The doctors were fair in my opinion; one resident I worked with had never seen a blood glucose machine! The medical center focused a lot on research, advancement, and the latest technologies which I liked! However, the management expected staff to live, breathe, and give their life for Rush; in some respects in closely resembled a good ole' boys fraternity. Little diversity in leadership compared to other organizations I've worked with, a lot of nepotism, and entitled families, patients, and staff!

Great learning experience, but beware, your job is not that secure. Any little mistake or error will be nit picked with a fine toothed comb, leaving you with anxiety and bewilderment.

Great place to work for 2-5 years!
Great people, old processes
Benefits and Leave Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 4, 2018
Although the employees proactive, the problems originate from processes. However, this has given me an opportunity to learn how to troubleshoot these processes and investigate thoroughly when information is incorrect.
After you are hired, do not expect a salary increase.
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 1, 2018
The work atmosphere at RUSH is enjoyable. People are friendly. I have had the opportunity to learn difficult techniques that I would not have found at other places.
However, shame on RUSH for not upgrading salaries annually to at least the NIH minimum requirements for the amount/years of experience. The cost of living in or near Chicago is terrible, and the meager salary will not cover expenses.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
no salary upgrades
good place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cicero, ILNovember 29, 2018
good work enviroment. have been there for over five years and very happy. there are no free lunches from companies but the pay is well and benefits are great too
RUSH in a major university medical center which provides quality care.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 28, 2018
I have always liked working at RUSH particularly because I enjoy direct patient care. The first twenty years I worked exclusively with older adults who have chronic psychiatric or acute mental health needs in addition to chronic medical needs. This taught me to be organized and efficient. I have in the last five years worked in the psychiatric float pool which has provided me with the experiences of working with a much more diverse population. This includes understanding the wide medication ranges and uses as applied to different age groups as a well as chronicity of illness.
Pros
Providing direct patient care which I enjoy
Cons
Disconnect between business of a medical center and necessities of providing the best care (staffing, supplies, etc)
A very supportive place to work
Clinical Nurse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 21, 2018
This organization took me through various jobs and supported me through all the changes, including providing education for a specialized certification. The support of employees to become certified and complete their education goals is truly unmatched.
broken
Employee (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 10, 2018
The company has lost what it once had and it is now made up of management that doesn't look out for their employees. There is now a nurse hierarchy that belittles those who don't hold an RN behind their name. Management isn't consistent and chaos is constant.
benefits
Cons
management
rush
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 7, 2018
I work the night shift and I don't have medical insurance with rush medical center. I do like working at rush they offer advance education for nursing
Great organization to work for!
Respiratory Manager, Adult Care Section (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2018
Employees, once through orientation, participate with their supervisors to set their goals for their next evaluation. They are provided with what the department goals are for the next evaluation period and then the employees picks/suggests activities they will be held accountable for that furthers/contributes to the department goals. This process is repeated every evaluation period.
Best company I ever worked for
Information Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 4, 2018
I loved Rush. If I could have relocated the entire company I would have. I enjoyed working in the IT department and working well as a team member. Great management and staff.
Pros
Good company culture.
Great.
Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2018
Why do I have to do this. I have nothing to say about this job. It's doing what I need it to do so that I can pay my bills and take care of my family. It's a decent place
Average
Medical Records Clerk 2 (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 31, 2018
Stressful, department open 24 hours/7 days per week. Holiday shifts are not equally split, all first shift people were given the holidays off but all second shift employees must work.
Pros
close to home
Cons
low pay
Hostile Work Enviornment
Charge Capture Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 31, 2018
Work environment was hostile. Management was knowledgeable but maintained inappropriate relationships with employees that had an overall deafening effect on moral within the department as well as preventing achievable process improvement and growth. In addition the perception of that department throughout the revenue cycle was negatively influenced based on how the "perception" of those relationships played out and ultimately had a negative effect on appropriate accountability, productivity and department success while working with the goals of Rush as an organization. This is something that I believe that would have a negative impact on my individual career goals.
Pros
work from home option
Cons
office always in chaos when people are in and our of office no structure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rush University Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight