Rush University Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great organization to work for!
Respiratory Manager, Adult Care Section (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2018
Employees, once through orientation, participate with their supervisors to set their goals for their next evaluation. They are provided with what the department goals are for the next evaluation period and then the employees picks/suggests activities they will be held accountable for that furthers/contributes to the department goals. This process is repeated every evaluation period.
Best company I ever worked for
Information Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 4, 2018
I loved Rush. If I could have relocated the entire company I would have. I enjoyed working in the IT department and working well as a team member. Great management and staff.
Pros
Good company culture.
Great.
Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2018
Why do I have to do this. I have nothing to say about this job. It's doing what I need it to do so that I can pay my bills and take care of my family. It's a decent place
Average
Medical Records Clerk 2 (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 31, 2018
Stressful, department open 24 hours/7 days per week. Holiday shifts are not equally split, all first shift people were given the holidays off but all second shift employees must work.
Pros
close to home
Cons
low pay
Hostile Work Enviornment
Charge Capture Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 31, 2018
Work environment was hostile. Management was knowledgeable but maintained inappropriate relationships with employees that had an overall deafening effect on moral within the department as well as preventing achievable process improvement and growth. In addition the perception of that department throughout the revenue cycle was negatively influenced based on how the "perception" of those relationships played out and ultimately had a negative effect on appropriate accountability, productivity and department success while working with the goals of Rush as an organization. This is something that I believe that would have a negative impact on my individual career goals.
Pros
work from home option
Cons
office always in chaos when people are in and our of office no structure
Great place to jump in and get your feet wet in a fast paced environment.
Staff Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2018
RUSH is a great place to start your career in health care. RUSH has cutting edge technology and providers, as well as diversity and academics. It was truly a blessing to be employed by RUSH for my first hospital job.
Productive Place
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 28, 2018
Great experiences for growth at Rush. I would start work early and the workplace culture was as professional as can be at 6 AM. Coworkers and management were helpful and available.
Enjoyable
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 23, 2018
A typical day would be checking in patients, making sure that the software would be correct. Answering the phone and taking messages. Management was excellent, I enjoyed working here at Rush University Medical Center.
Okay
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 21, 2018
I really don't have a opinion about Rush other than don't apply if you don't have a Degree because they tend prefer hiring people who possess them if you looking to work in the Administrative side of the hospital.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
I have none
Best decision I've made
Patient Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2018
Coming to rush was probably one of the best decisions I've made great atmosphere. They offer tuition reimbursement after a year and in my experience they are very supportive when it comes to advancement.
Cons
lack of options for lunch if you don't get a hour lunch
Great Acadedmic Hospital for Clinical research
Sync Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 9, 2018
Fast-paced working environment for clinical research. i enjoyed my time in the office of Clinical Research. I was able to make independent decisions and develop SOPs to improve the workflow.
Friendly Workplace
Radiation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 8, 2018
RUSH University Medical Center is a wonderful place to work. The friendly culture in the hospital is hard to match. I would absolutely recommend RUSH to a peer.
eh
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 8, 2018
I liked the time that i had there, but it was very clicky. a bunch of millennials that were self centered and all about themselves. I am no longer in contact with anyone from there and that is fine by me.
Ptoductive
Medical Records Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2018
Answered calls, ROI, scanning, faxing. I love dealing with the patients face to face. the job was not a hard job. I also did a spread sheet on a day to day basis.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Loyalty
its ok
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 25, 2018
very hands on its a really busy hospital and you have to be quick on the feet and knowledgeble of the feild and confident in your skills. managment is ok here not very supportive
Pros
time flies
Cons
short breaks doesnt care much about employee
Large healthcare system that is continuing to grow.
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 24, 2018
Brand recognition. Decent location. Facilities need upgrading (being worked on). Diverse employee demographics and potential to progress depending on skills and field of work.
Great Learning experience!
STERILE PROCESSING TECHNICIAN I, STERIS (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2018
Worked with a diverse group of people that were always willing to help. Every day is a leaning experience because there is always something new and exciting.
All About Business.
Anesthesia Tech (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2018
Rush was a rush.
Very fast paced.
Very solid company externally looking in.
Workers will be over worked and stressed many times
with little to no recognition.
Modern technology and very up to date software.
Very good reputation for hospital.
Great Discounts for working there.
Good benefits and Insurance
Very well management company `
Patient Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 10, 2018
Rush University is a fantastic place to work, the environment is calm and warming they help their patient really caring when it comes to their patients health.
Pros
sometimes
Quiet and Great for Advancement
Network Operations Center Technician (NOC) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 10, 2018
Overnight helpdesk, Help customer with IT issues. Unlock password accounts. Learned to multitask . Management is very helpful in gives workers tools to success. Fun and family like culture. The hardest part of my job is staying awake. The most enjoyable part of my job is resolving a customer issue.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rush University Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight