Rush University Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Education
Administrative Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2018
Rush University Medical is a great place to continue your higher education in the field of health. There are plenty of opportunities for career growth.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
PTO is used for Holidays.
Good place to wok
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2018
I have enjoyed my time at RUMC, they have a great focus on education and wonderful tuition reimbursement. Like most healthcare institutions, there is a fair share of politics however.
Fun ppl work is steady
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2018
I left only to find a fulltme job I should have stayed and kept this job parttime it would have made a differane in my salary I will go back in a flash
Pros
Ppl
Cons
Leaving
Rush is a place who can grow. You can move from one department to another.
Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2018
Rush is home away from home. They always work with you no matter your short comings. you can if you like move from one department to another. Your manager is always there for you to support you.
Pros
Cons
N/a
Patient Access Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 29, 2018
A typical day is registering and admitting patients for surgery or a procedure and verifying that all needed information and documents are in place and cleared. I've learned that you have to be mindful that no one is the same when it comes to customer service. So everyone is to be treated and served in an open minded excellent way. Rush offers a variety of cultures and in return gives the customer service person the opportunity to learn more about different cultures. The hardest part of the job is realizing that you can't make people compassionate and caring it has to be within the person. Last, the most enjoyable part of my job is serving, encouraging and supporting people/patients.
Pros
Rewards and Recognition for great service.
Cons
Working on Sundays
Dietetic Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 25, 2018
Ruh University Hospital is a good place to work and has excellent employees. They value the ICARE when it comes to patients and employees. I will recommend this place of employment.
High-performing, cutting-edge hospital with strong nursing presence
Performance Improvement Consultant II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 25, 2018
Nursing at RUSH provides the technical, theoretical and leadership orientation that shapes exceptional nurses & a culture that retains them. A very high-performing organization.
Pros
Multiple Magnet Awards; Tuition Reimbursement; On-Site School of Nursing
Cons
It’s a great place to work only Exception of them outsourcing my department
Building Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 21, 2018
I have the ability to work in both individual and team setting as well as under pressure. I have the dedication to contribute to your corporation. My sense of workflow is superb.
Human Resources
Human Resources Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 21, 2018
Great place to work. Friendly staff, solid management, highly trained staff. knowledgable and courteous. A very busy office with interviewing and hiring
Pros
Highly respected hospital
Cons
poor manager
Talent Acquisition Consultant
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 18, 2018
Rush University Medical Center is a great place to work. They really embody their mission statement and iCare values. I love the interaction with my clients and hiring managers.
Workplace
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 15, 2018
I work with a team of people that believe in the providing for the patient. Our center is geared and focus on the complete patient and its needs. I am very proud of my co workers as well strive for greatness together as a team. Our mission is to provide great service and work together doing it.
Pros
tuition reimbursement
Cons
no paid time off without taking PTO. No addition sick days
Typical Day
Manager, Clinical Research Coordinators (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 10, 2018
Top of the morning, review emails and prioritize tasks for the day, attend disease group meetings, follow up on tasks, attend department management meeting, run reports for trial submissions.

I have learned department management as it relates to revenue generated by my team. Streamlining operating procedures, identify and resolve any issues as it relates to operations management. Preparation for Audit.
Pros
Work place culture, telework days are productive
Cons
limited resources
One of the Top places to work for in the hospital filed in chicago illinois
Billing and Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 5, 2018
I have been working for Rush for over 9 years now and current plan is to retire from this amazing corporation. I recommend this place of employment.
Pros
Flex work schedule, working remotely, pay reaises, management and coworkers are kind
Cons
Travel distace when i am required to come in to the office
Its ok...
Capacity Management (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 5, 2018
A little disappointed. The pay is not that great. Not many perks. Parking is okay. Not as expensive as working downtown. Close to the Pink Line if you use public transit.
Cons
Pay
Productive and busy
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 29, 2018
A typical day at Rush was checking voicemails and answering phone calls. Each individual specialist had a specialty that they were responsible for. I had enhancements and child support. Along with the day to day calls I would process enhancements for when an employee would take a training to get their money reimbursed. I would process around 25 forms per day.
great opportunities for advancement
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 27, 2018
great opportunities for advancement. Alot of managerial turn over. It is very diverse considers all and accepts most even with disabilities. Great Pay.
Pros
Compensation compared to other companies, lots of advancement opportunities
Cons
Lots of managerial turn over
It was an amazing workplace environment.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 22, 2018
I recommend a position here any time of the week. It's an amazing opportunity for growth. Have opportunities to be in the RN program while being a PCT.
My review is not suitable for refer to
Visiting Scholar (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 20, 2018
I am a visiting scholar at Rush, working as an observer or volunteer, I don't get paid nor insurance. Besides this, my work is under the supervision of Chairman of the Biochemistry Department, not stressful but well organized. Colleagues are friendly in my lab and I do learned a lot.
Great company to work for
RN II and Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2018
Rush is one of the best hospitals in Chicago.
I enjoyed the educational culture there.
The benefits and pay are fair, management understands work life balance well and many units have self scheduling.
Pros
Opportunity to advance career
Great experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 14, 2018
A very large hospital, many different management positions, but not much growth. Very fast paced and demanding at times, but good overall experience. Happy here

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rush University Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight