Russell Cellular Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
decent job if you can do commissioned sales
Wireless Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ILJuly 16, 2018
if you can do commission based sales, go for this company, if you can't, then don't even try. i worked at this company for 6 months during a period of transition for them from one sales structure to a completely new one. i didn't have the best manager, but i made due and tried. the hardest part of the job for me was trying to push products that the customer had already said they did not want, but i had to try to sell a certain number per month to make commission.
Pros
discounts on phone service and merchandise
Cons
strict commision system, strict sales targets
Not a place to work for
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMJuly 3, 2018
you will NEVER move up. i was a sales rep training the managers how to do their job. commission was total bs. you can make way more money at a different cell phone company and be happier. The DM tried to get rid of me so quick because I knew more than him
Addictively Fun Environment, But Not An Easy Job
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  USAJune 11, 2018
The people and culture are fantastic. The pay is average or unpredictable. Verizon calls the shots (and they call them A LOT), with constantly changing goals, metrics, and confounding ways to earn your pay.

The leadership team of Russell Cellular (not Verizon) is one of the best teams you could ever hope to work with, but the job is not glorious in any way.

You deal with irate people who are mad at Verizon's infamously poor treatment of their customers, but they blame YOU. You are under constant pressure to hit moving sales targets that are always directed at the poorest performing categories. You have to work holidays and weekends.

If none of that bothers you, or if it's worth it for a great team and culture, then you should apply there.

If you are a DSM, then you are responsible for all of that times the number of stores you oversee, and you have to travel all the time and will never have a moment's rest while watching your team's numbers. But you get a company car. That's worth something, right?
Pros
Company truly recognizes talent and has a great culture.
Cons
Unfortunately, Verizon ultimately calls the shots. Long hours, low-to-average pay at max, never-ending pressure.
Do not work here
Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILJune 8, 2018
Horrible management, fired my old store manager for no reason and he was the absolute best sales person/manager I ever had. Then they hired a new manager that was horrible to customers and threatened my coworker. Tried to talk to our DSM about it and he said we had to "work things out". They say you can progress in the company but hire who ever off the street to manage. I used to love working for verizon before we switch to Russell cellular too.
Lack of leadership
Dm (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 17, 2018
Avoid this company at all cost leadership or the lack there of is very poor. Leadership will feel threatened if you know more or have more experience.
Pros
Cons
Leadership and the buddy system feels, Ike high school
I love it!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Rayville, LAMay 14, 2018
I love being part of the Russell Cellular family! You feel like part of a huge team while still being able to stand out as an individual. I've never been happier at a job.
Commission was good
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  Trenton, TNMay 5, 2018
Work different hours never the same time everyday . Great benefits like paid vacation , personal days, 401k Benifts . Can apply work discount to Verizon account.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Working by yourself at busy times
Good company
Advertisement and marketing (Former Employee) –  Winnsboro, LAApril 28, 2018
Russell cellular is a good company to work for. You have many opportunities to grow and management is great. The hardest part is when they change something about the system without giving notice.
Pros
Commission, great management, growth, free lunches if you work on holidays.
Cons
You have to hit a quota every month.
Great!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Richlands vaApril 28, 2018
I read the other reviews about this location and they are not true. Manager is great and helps any way she can. Sales just wasn't my strong point. I do now and will continue to recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
Great boss, company randomly gives free lunches
Goal oriented
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, ARApril 26, 2018
A fun place to work. Get to set your own goals and set a plan to achieve them. Also, get to play with phones all day. It's always nice to see the latest products and get them in the right hands with excited customers!
Russell Cellular
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 23, 2018
The environment was fast paced and amazing to work in. The fellow employees and culture made the job very enjoyable. Not recommended for those with weak time management skills, however.
Do NOT work here
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXApril 17, 2018
This place is a joke. The management don't care about anyone but themselves. You're basically on your own, and good luck to you. The pay is awful for the hours you work. You'll likely work yourself to death at this place.
Good luck to you.
Pros
Cons
Pay, work hours, management
worst wireless company to work for
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 11, 2018
Pros
Cons
everything
Good company but manager was awful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Morrilton, ARApril 2, 2018
I worked at the morrilton office and the manager was completely unprofessional and no concern about training the proper way. I know managers in other locations that are amazing so it's sad that this woman has ruined a great opportunity for sales professionals in this area.
Great place
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Battlefield, MOMarch 27, 2018
Great place to work but very little room to advance. Great people everyone is friendly and the pay is average for the area. should be better for what the corporate side does but oh well.
Good money but terrible Management
Wireless Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKMarch 26, 2018
Helped customers with their bill etc. Also helped with technical issues. Best part was selling and making money, job was great for the first 2 years. After that, things slowly declined. Got a new store manager and they were/are terrible. Would not recommend this job location until they change management. The District Manager will not listen to a normal rep and only the Manager of the location.
Pros
Was once a great place to work for
Cons
Work hours and treated poorly
Russell Cellular
Sales (Former Employee) –  New YorkMarch 10, 2018
Poor management. Was lied to about the hours and days I would be working. Poor pay. Not busy at all. Required to do all these online tests that you can barely keep up with and learn nothing from.
Cons
Poor management. A lot of down time not busy. Poor pay and commission
Poor place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Anadarko, OKMarch 5, 2018
I would not recommend this job to anyone. They did me dirty and I would not work for them again. They will close stores on you and not tell you until you it's to late. Poor quality of business
the overall business was great to be a part of
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMarch 4, 2018
Russell Cellular was a fun workplace for me. I had my daily routine every day and the work schedule was consistent was was very flexible for me.I have learned a lot about managing time and reaching goals. The workplace culture was meeting goals and accountability. The hardest part of the job was growing in the business and you think everything is on your shoulder. The enjoyable part of the job was having fun with success.
Pros
Building a business
Cons
Trying not to miss opportunity
Excellent Team Building, Personal Attention, and Communication
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Harrison, OHFebruary 25, 2018
A typical day in the work place at Russell Cellular was a relaxed, fun and slightly competitive experience. Management was very hands on and quick to assist with a tough customer.
Pros
Great discounts, relaxed environment