Russell Cellular Employee Reviews

Good job if you put in the work.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mountain Grove, MO 65711September 19, 2018
Would recommend to anyone wanting to make what they want if they want to put in the work. Hours are flexible and the Management system really cares about its employees. Good benefits and flexible hours.
Poor Management
Wireless Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Grove, OKAugust 27, 2018
Managers were good until a few higher ups were brought in from competing companies, particularly in the Oklahoma and Arkansas areas and those managers decided to get rid of the GOOD managers to make room to hire their "friends" which did not help ANYTHING in my opinion.
Assistant manager
Assistant Manager Retail (Former Employee) –  Greenwood msAugust 26, 2018
I hate working for this company. The district manager was very messy. She keep up mess in my store she never hired a manager for my store for 6 months. This company hired over 20 employees every month because the district manager was lien. The general manager never listen to his employees when they about about the district manager. I wouldn’t recommend any to work for them.
Horrible district manager
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARAugust 21, 2018
District manager is full of drama! She get your hopes up she would go to different stores and talk about other coworkers! She needs to be replaced. I would not suggest working here while she is district manager. Make sure to watch your self because she will ask you questions about other people and then turn around and said that you’re causing drama.
Pros
Suck
Cons
Suck
Absolutely horrible!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleburne, TXAugust 18, 2018
Management is a nightmare. The manager at the store I worked at got away with screaming at a disabled (deaf) customer. Countless times the manager had arguments with new customers and existing Verizon customers. Management seems to not take anything seriouslEverytime something did not go good it was a slap on the wrist for the manager and a write up for the employees. Absolute waste of time. Pay is decent but you will not be moving up the ladder with this company.
Pros
30 Minute Lunch
Cons
Horrible Management.
Greedy company with impossible inventives
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  AlabamaAugust 6, 2018
The top sellers in the company make under 4k a month prior to taxes. It's not competitive to the area. Great for a temp job but even during the holidays you don't make extra
Pros
They pretend to care about employees
Cons
No one holds management or the CEO to taking care of employees when they sell
Productive environment.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  ArkansasJuly 27, 2018
This company is based on opportunity & value. The Russell Cellular mission is provide customer care. Russell Cellular is constantly changing to keep up with customer demands & needs.
russell cellular
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tilton, ILJuly 25, 2018
I learned how to keep track of many passwords at once for sure and also its a lot to learn and take in. You learn how to suggest a sale and also got to know the knowledge on the product your selling and know how to sell it most of all.
Pros
when you hit your store goal we got paid lunch
Cons
not making sales
Great company- Poor management
WSR (Former Employee) –  Sparta, ILJuly 23, 2018
The atmosphere between coworkers was great. I loved my team, but did not appreciate the poor management. You were expected to meet goals (personal/corporate) with inadequate training. The ability to make great money is there, just unable to be reached with poor management, thus the reason for high turnover rates.
Pros
Ability to maximize your income
Cons
Poor management
great company
Wireless Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2018
Benefits, decent pay. Fun place to work. strict with their policy. NYC Midtown district has alot of politics.. they hire their best friends so things get staticy there.
decent job if you can do commissioned sales
Wireless Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ILJuly 16, 2018
if you can do commission based sales, go for this company, if you can't, then don't even try. i worked at this company for 6 months during a period of transition for them from one sales structure to a completely new one. i didn't have the best manager, but i made due and tried. the hardest part of the job for me was trying to push products that the customer had already said they did not want, but i had to try to sell a certain number per month to make commission.
Pros
discounts on phone service and merchandise
Cons
strict commision system, strict sales targets
Not a place to work for
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMJuly 3, 2018
you will NEVER move up. i was a sales rep training the managers how to do their job. commission was total bs. you can make way more money at a different cell phone company and be happier. The DM tried to get rid of me so quick because I knew more than him
Best job very
Customer Service / Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sparta, MI 49345June 28, 2018
I'd do anything to get back into russell cellular; this company is the best at what they do and treat everyone amazingly. Never a bad day when i worked here. Wish i could still work there.
Management Could've been better
Wireless Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, LAJune 18, 2018
Management could've been better, very controlling & lying to customers & others on a daily basis..took credit for things she didn't do.. other than that the job was simple & I loved it!
Pros
Commission
Cons
Controlling manager, lying to customers
Could be More orientated. More communication.
Wireless Consultant/sales (Former Employee) –  Pagosa Springs, COJune 17, 2018
Happy with the company. Just wished they would of let me stayed working with them. Instead of giving away my position when my wife was pregnant and I was on maturity leave.
Addictively Fun Environment, But Not An Easy Job
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  USAJune 11, 2018
The people and culture are fantastic. The pay is average or unpredictable. Verizon calls the shots (and they call them A LOT), with constantly changing goals, metrics, and confounding ways to earn your pay.

The leadership team of Russell Cellular (not Verizon) is one of the best teams you could ever hope to work with, but the job is not glorious in any way.

You deal with irate people who are mad at Verizon's infamously poor treatment of their customers, but they blame YOU. You are under constant pressure to hit moving sales targets that are always directed at the poorest performing categories. You have to work holidays and weekends.

If none of that bothers you, or if it's worth it for a great team and culture, then you should apply there.

If you are a DSM, then you are responsible for all of that times the number of stores you oversee, and you have to travel all the time and will never have a moment's rest while watching your team's numbers. But you get a company car. That's worth something, right?
Pros
Company truly recognizes talent and has a great culture.
Cons
Unfortunately, Verizon ultimately calls the shots. Long hours, low-to-average pay at max, never-ending pressure.
Do not work here
Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILJune 8, 2018
Horrible management, fired my old store manager for no reason and he was the absolute best sales person/manager I ever had. Then they hired a new manager that was horrible to customers and threatened my coworker. Tried to talk to our DSM about it and he said we had to "work things out". They say you can progress in the company but hire who ever off the street to manage. I used to love working for verizon before we switch to Russell cellular too.
Lack of leadership
Dm (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 17, 2018
Avoid this company at all cost leadership or the lack there of is very poor. Leadership will feel threatened if you know more or have more experience.
Pros
Cons
Leadership and the buddy system feels, Ike high school
I love it!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Rayville, LAMay 14, 2018
I love being part of the Russell Cellular family! You feel like part of a huge team while still being able to stand out as an individual. I've never been happier at a job.
Commission was good
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  Trenton, TNMay 5, 2018
Work different hours never the same time everyday . Great benefits like paid vacation , personal days, 401k Benifts . Can apply work discount to Verizon account.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Working by yourself at busy times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Russell Cellular. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9