Russell Cellular Employee Reviews

Russell Cellular
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 23, 2018
The environment was fast paced and amazing to work in. The fellow employees and culture made the job very enjoyable. Not recommended for those with weak time management skills, however.
Do NOT work here
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXApril 17, 2018
This place is a joke. The management don't care about anyone but themselves. You're basically on your own, and good luck to you. The pay is awful for the hours you work. You'll likely work yourself to death at this place.
Good luck to you.
Pros
Cons
Pay, work hours, management
worst wireless company to work for
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 11, 2018
you will NEVER move up. i was a sales rep training the managers how to do their job. commission was total bs. you can make way more money at a different cell phone company and be happier
Pros
Cons
everything
Get a new manager and they may keep a employee longer then 6 months
Employee (Former Employee) –  Richlands, VAApril 10, 2018
Manager is horrible and selfish only cares about herself! The company was great to work for but I wish the manager could be replaced. Lazy is a understatement loves to steal sales to up her commision
Good company but manager was awful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Morrilton, ARApril 2, 2018
I worked at the morrilton office and the manager was completely unprofessional and no concern about training the proper way. I know managers in other locations that are amazing so it's sad that this woman has ruined a great opportunity for sales professionals in this area.
Great place
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Battlefield, MOMarch 27, 2018
Great place to work but very little room to advance. Great people everyone is friendly and the pay is average for the area. should be better for what the corporate side does but oh well.
Good money but terrible Management
Wireless Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKMarch 26, 2018
Helped customers with their bill etc. Also helped with technical issues. Best part was selling and making money, job was great for the first 2 years. After that, things slowly declined. Got a new store manager and they were/are terrible. Would not recommend this job location until they change management. The District Manager will not listen to a normal rep and only the Manager of the location.
Pros
Was once a great place to work for
Cons
Work hours and treated poorly
Poor place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Anadarko, OKMarch 5, 2018
I would not recommend this job to anyone. They did me dirty and I would not work for them again. They will close stores on you and not tell you until you it's to late. Poor quality of business
the overall business was great to be a part of
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMarch 4, 2018
Russell Cellular was a fun workplace for me. I had my daily routine every day and the work schedule was consistent was was very flexible for me.I have learned a lot about managing time and reaching goals. The workplace culture was meeting goals and accountability. The hardest part of the job was growing in the business and you think everything is on your shoulder. The enjoyable part of the job was having fun with success.
Pros
Building a business
Cons
Trying not to miss opportunity
Excellent Team Building, Personal Attention, and Communication
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Harrison, OHFebruary 25, 2018
A typical day in the work place at Russell Cellular was a relaxed, fun and slightly competitive experience. Management was very hands on and quick to assist with a tough customer.
Pros
Great discounts, relaxed environment
Initially a great place to work
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKFebruary 22, 2018
I loved working for RC in the beginning. I had 3 supervisors (RSM's) in 4 years. The first two were great to work with however, the last was the reason for my withdrawal from the company.
Pros
recognized excellence and provided great leadership training
Cons
pay, change in leadership
fun workplace
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oak Hill, WVFebruary 20, 2018
I love working at Russell cellular selling the latest phones and gadgets. the company is fair with benefits and competitive pay. A great job and company to have and represent!
Good place to begin a sales career
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARJanuary 30, 2018
I enjoyed working for Russell Cellular - However, as time went on, it became more-and-more a 'Top-Down' Corporate game, or race. I still would recommend to individuals who enjoy technology, and are interested in a sales career
Pros
Learn Sales
Cons
Short breaks, little room for advancement
Horrible Managers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Berryville, ARJanuary 27, 2018
The manger isn't great at all. Very young, immature and drama filled. Doesn't know what she is doing and thinks she can do what ever she wants when ever she wants and you get in trouble for petty BS. I expected better from them and them actually allowing you to get past your two weeks training. Horrible, just horrible.
Horrible experience
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILJanuary 16, 2018
I worked for Russell Cellular for 2 years and 6 months, after all of that time 3 employees were trained under my watch. My hiring manager was fired for no reason with no warning and because of that I quit without notice.
Pros
Cons
Horrible Management
Run the other direction
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wauchula, FLJanuary 11, 2018
Absolutely horrible company to work for BOTTOM LINE
Overworked and underpaid
Work stores open to close by yourself frequently
Will fire you or force you to resign if you become pregnant
Cons
Relatively good job, I just got a very bad manager
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Battlefield, MOJanuary 9, 2018
I enjoyed my work here. I didn't really like the pay or the opportunity for advancement but the culture mostly made up for it. Unfortunately shortly after I was hired a new manager took over the HR department and she saw to my short stay with the company.
It's all about the culture
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 3, 2018
Russell Cellular is very focused on their Motto; Have fun and make money. Every decision made is based on employee experience and delivering the best wireless experience to every customer, every time. I learned how to truly be a servant leader and that is at the core of who I am. The hardest part of the job is the work life balance and low pay. The best part of Russell Cellular is how much the company feels like a family.
Bad management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Monticello, ARJanuary 3, 2018
Immature young manager. No guidelines. Basically she can do what she wants and you do what your told. If the managers were different the job would be unstoppable.
Pros
Cons
Manager
Worst
Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCDecember 21, 2017
If you live in hendersonville NC dont work here! I told my manger i had a appt that afternoonand and i said i could come back after and he told me no it was okay, i was fried the next day. He sent text messages to the higher ups but i told him in persom and he said it was fine. Iv been by there a few times and the other person who was hired with me left as well if that says anything, the manger is rude i still have emails from him.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Russell Cellular. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7