Russell Cellular Employee Reviews

Not good
Wireless retail sales (Current Employee) –  Three Rivers, MINovember 7, 2018
Not good place to work they don't care about the employee at all. The pay is not as good as they say it is. I wouldn't recommend the job to any of my friends.
...not so much
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVNovember 6, 2018
Awful management from the top down. My DM was great however lots of favortisim and and bending policy for others. Upper management very unprofessional shortly after turning a nonperforming store around then shortly after promotion terminated for some BS reason I loved my job my customers loved me if your not the chosen few it's not the job for you
Great family Culture
B2B REGIONAL SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 2, 2018
Large family owned business that has a great culture and does value employee contribution. Taking care of the customer is at is core for success. Heavy in retail distribution nationally
Terrible Management
Wireless Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 30, 2018
The management chooses favorites. Also, fellow employees and managers are very two faced. One second they’re complimenting you, next they are in the back talking down about you. If you don’t mind being treated poorly then this is the place for you!
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Management, bad training, terrible compensation
I love my job
Wireless Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 30, 2018
I’m appreciated. This job does has its moments where it’s stressful but my coworkers keep me going. They’re always positively reinforcing me. I’m actually happy to walk into work everyday. Days are the most difficult when no one comes in to buy something
Pros
Employee discounts and positive team members
Cons
Working weekends
Don’t Give Into Boredom
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMOctober 26, 2018
I was hired to take over a store and was sent 90 miles away for training. The distants wasn’t a problem, but as a new hire you would expect some sort of per diem or at least warning there wouldn’t be, I wasn’t granted the benefit. The scheduling was very vague and confusing and was chastised for it. I ultimately was let go after a full day with no warning and without in my opinion a strong enough reason, out of boredom, meaning I completed my online training and the trainer wasn’t instructing me or giving me tasks to complete, and there hadn’t been a customer in the store in 45 mins, I drifted off for half a second. Amazingly awesome. My experience soured me on working in retail.
Pros
Nice discount on phones and plans
Cons
Lack of direction and expectations
Would definitely not recommend in Danville IL
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILOctober 13, 2018
Awful management from DM to MITs in Danville, IL. Very little structure and coaching to help drive the teams to reach goals. They can and will fire staff for next to nothing and then give some bs reason as to why. They only way to succeed in this company is to brown nose the DM.
Pros
It’s a paycheck
Cons
Steer clear from this company
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 11, 2018
The company has 3 pillars they don't make RSM's follow. If your supervisor is tenured they get away with anything. If you make complaints you will be retaliated on and exited. Stay away if you don't want lies, bullying, threatening, harassment, ridiculous targets, low pay, no respect from the micromanaging RSM's & ADOS's. THEY will promise you the stars to get you to join their team and you will soon find it was far from the truth! take my advice you can make WAY more money at other companies and never believe the statement I promise to protect you if you report your supervisor.
Pros
The relationships you build with your team members
Cons
Micromanaging, lack of support, lies from upper management, bullying, threatening, harassment, constant fear tactics from your RSM
Great place to be a Manager....if you’re part of the clique. If not, good luck.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2018
Where do I start? Favoritism ABOUNDS here, District Managers are unprofessional and borderline ratchet, fraud is rampant (but, overlooked if you’re part of the clique)....almost every e-mail and group chat is threatening your job... yet the DM works from home a couple of days a week(their bosses didn’t know, but we did), and visits the store MAYBE twice a month.

Store goals were pretty unattainable, but they didn’t care. Don’t sell a certain KPI? Be prepared to go to a 7am meeting, no matter the weather or where you had to travel from.

A suggestion for Upper Management: Hire DM’s that will HELP solve problems WITH your Store Managers, instead of ones the tell you, “. I don’t know what to tell you; figure it out.”
Pros
Decent pay, excellent work/life balance(made my own schedule)
Cons
Clueless District Level Management, constant pressure to sell customers unnecessary items, almost everything else
I love it here
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New YorkOctober 9, 2018
Absolutely love it here. I was with the company for 6 months and got promoted to store manager. Absilutely loved the previous store manager.The harder you work the more it pays off. For the most part as far as commission goes you are totally in control of how much money you make. The District manager will bend over backwards for anyone of his team members. He goes out of his way to help everyone. The pay could be a little better,but the job is fun and laid back. Great people working beside you makes it feel like a work family. The job is super easy, no experience needed. They teach you everything you need to know, you just have to be able to hold a conversation with a customer.
Pros
Paid time off, caring people, flexible scheduling, commission bonuses
Cons
No overtime unless it's a special occasion, some stores are low traffic, dont drug test(a lot of addicts get hired)

Want to know more about Russell Cellular?

Ask a question
productive and team oriented work environment
Wireless Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2018
a typical day at work consist of myself jumping up and engaging with every customer that walks in, upgrading, adding a line or porting in a number while teaching them how to use the latest devices and tablet we have available. I've learned to read promo sheets and offer them to every customer at the point of conversation/sale. management knows most employees in their district and micros manages them when they aren't hitting targets. the workplace culture is very team oriented, making sure no team member is left behind. the hardest part of the job is not being able to do more for customers. the most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know the customers and building relationships with them while also providing them the latest devices available.
Cons
short breaks
Good job if you put in the work.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mountain Grove, MO 65711September 19, 2018
Would recommend to anyone wanting to make what they want if they want to put in the work. Hours are flexible and the Management system really cares about its employees. Good benefits and flexible hours.
Poor Management
Wireless Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Grove, OKAugust 27, 2018
Managers were good until a few higher ups were brought in from competing companies, particularly in the Oklahoma and Arkansas areas and those managers decided to get rid of the GOOD managers to make room to hire their "friends" which did not help ANYTHING in my opinion.
Assistant manager
Assistant Manager Retail (Former Employee) –  Greenwood msAugust 26, 2018
I hate working for this company. The district manager was very messy. She keep up mess in my store she never hired a manager for my store for 6 months. This company hired over 20 employees every month because the district manager was lien. The general manager never listen to his employees when they about about the district manager. I wouldn’t recommend any to work for them.
Horrible district manager
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARAugust 21, 2018
District manager is full of drama! She get your hopes up she would go to different stores and talk about other coworkers! She needs to be replaced. I would not suggest working here while she is district manager. Make sure to watch your self because she will ask you questions about other people and then turn around and said that you’re causing drama.
Pros
Suck
Cons
Suck
Easy going
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Falls, NYAugust 20, 2018
The management was alright. The hours were good, the pay way good. The discounts as well was nice. We were short staffed so had to work doubles some days when people called out.
Pros
The hours
Cons
Not a fast paced store making it hard to reach commission every month
Absolutely horrible!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleburne, TXAugust 18, 2018
Management is a nightmare. The manager at the store I worked at got away with screaming at a disabled (deaf) customer. Countless times the manager had arguments with new customers and existing Verizon customers. Management seems to not take anything seriouslEverytime something did not go good it was a slap on the wrist for the manager and a write up for the employees. Absolute waste of time. Pay is decent but you will not be moving up the ladder with this company.
Pros
30 Minute Lunch
Cons
Horrible Management.
Greedy company with impossible inventives
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  AlabamaAugust 6, 2018
The top sellers in the company make under 4k a month prior to taxes. It's not competitive to the area. Great for a temp job but even during the holidays you don't make extra
Pros
They pretend to care about employees
Cons
No one holds management or the CEO to taking care of employees when they sell
Productive environment.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  ArkansasJuly 27, 2018
This company is based on opportunity & value. The Russell Cellular mission is provide customer care. Russell Cellular is constantly changing to keep up with customer demands & needs.
russell cellular
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tilton, ILJuly 25, 2018
I learned how to keep track of many passwords at once for sure and also its a lot to learn and take in. You learn how to suggest a sale and also got to know the knowledge on the product your selling and know how to sell it most of all.
Pros
when you hit your store goal we got paid lunch
Cons
not making sales

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Russell Cellular. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9