Russell Stover Candies Employee Reviews

I would not recommend this place to anyone.
Forklift and Yard dog Operator (Former Employee) –  Ruther Glen, VASeptember 16, 2018
I worked here many years ago when it was a family owned business and it was a fun and great place to work. It was recently bought by Lindt Chocolates and they brought the company down. I would never recommend this job or their product to anyone.
I loved working here, I will miss it.
Warehouse Lead/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Reno-Stead, NVSeptember 11, 2018
I enjoyed working at Russell Stover's. It was a very fast paced warehouse with plenty of work and opportunity to grow. I tried to learn as much as I possibly could so that I was able to get more done and do it more efficiently. This helped me a ton once I got promoted to the office because I knew how everything else in the warehouse functioned. I would recommend this company to anyone. It has taught me a lot working here.
Pros
yearly bonus, easy to gain experience
Cons
They are shutting down this facility
Decent Place to work for
Weight Station (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXSeptember 10, 2018
I enjoyed working there!
Friendly people, great company.
Good managers. Decent hours for working on shift schedule.
Discounts on candy and other goods at the retail store.
Pros
Holiday meals
It was a nice place to work. We even prepared orders for England.
assembly line worker and forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Carmel church, va.September 10, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Russell Stover Candies. I was devastated when they told me that they was closing that distribution center and moving to Tennessee. I was there fourteen years. The work wasn't really hard, but it kept me busy all day. I really miss it. I love working. I liked it when they hired new people. I would train them for the assembly line, how to do warehouse orders, and how to use the scanning gun.
Pros
Free lunches every 3 or 4 months. We also had Christmas and Thanksgiving Dinners catered.
Cons
No sick days.
N/a
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Abilene, KSSeptember 8, 2018
Good place to work for. Just a long drive from home. Pay wasn't bad either. Got along with the coworkers. Would of liked more overtime but did yet some.
Factory job
Supply hauler (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COSeptember 3, 2018
This job is similar to working in any other manufacturing facility. It's not exciting but it's steady pay. I felt that I worked very hard and ended up being taken advantage of in the end. Those are personal feelings from my experience. Your experience could be completely different.
Pros
Steady work/ pay
Cons
Monotonous factory work.
Sanitation Crew (Former Employee) –  Iola, KSAugust 31, 2018
Loved my experience while there. You have to stay on your toes because it is fast paced. If you don't like candy and seeing how it is made then this is not the job for you. Management was great.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Chocolate everywhere
Opportunities abound for right fit personnel and background
DIRECTOR OF INTERNATIONAL SALES (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 31, 2018
Swiss owned company that was a privately held family company. Product is of the highest quality at an affordable price. Major manufacturer and supplier of boxed chocolates, sugar free products and seasonal novelties.
Pros
Inhouse gym, great location
Cons
competitive industry and major competition
Good place to work.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXAugust 23, 2018
Its a fun place to work with good people to work with. I enjoyed my time there, learning new things and working hard. I recommend this job deeply, the hours are good and you always have work.
Pros
It pays very well with good hours.
Cons
Having to wake up extremely early.
Great workplace
Packer (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXAugust 22, 2018
Russell Stovers is a great place to work. The pay rate is phenomenal, you get a raise every year to match with economical growth. They also have affordable health care benefits.
horrible management, extreme favoritism
hand packer (Former Employee) –  Abilene, KSAugust 16, 2018
worked there 10 years. gave my life to that company. coworkers were horrible. management even worse. very dedicated, Cross trained employee who developed carpal tunnel and was placed on light duty. 2 weeks thereafter I conviently had enough attitude to terminate my 10 almost 11 years of dedication. high turnover, short breaks, no training, management screams at you constantly. have worked anywhere from zero hours per week to 70 hours. medical insurance very expensive and doesn't really cover anything. other benefits are decent. the only paid "vacation" you get are 2 times a year when the plant shuts down. you cannot choose days unless you've been there 20+ years. you can only miss 6 days or 7 half days in 6 months without being written up. doesn't matter what the situation is. definitely not a racist but being Hispanic seems to give you the uperhand for favoritism at this company. hated my time there bit it paid the bills and was close to home.
Pros
money
Cons
management and everyone else
Factory
Pack and Wrap (Former Employee) –  Iola, KSAugust 8, 2018
High turnover rate, people can be standoffish and hateful but its factory work. Go in, do your job, and hope you can last out the high hours during the rushing seasons. It can be rewarding for the right person
Fast pace environment and need of new machines
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Abilene, KSJuly 30, 2018
The work was fast paced, but was in need of new equipment and machines. The management can be quite back stabbing and showed a lot of favoritism. It can be frustrating to get a lot of work done with the machines breaking down.
Pros
Stable Work environment
Cons
beware of management
Seasonal job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Wildwood, FLJuly 27, 2018
It was good work except for the fact that its seasonal. Still had to find work on our slow months that we were laid off. The pay was okay I guess. Better than other places.
Pros
Pay is decent. Easy work.
Cons
Seasonal work (had to find work while business slow)
Love this job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Corsicana, TXJuly 26, 2018
Love working with others and I enjoy meeting the new customers and enjoy seeing the frequent shoppers. It's a very out going place to work while getting the job done.
nice and easy
Floater (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXJuly 23, 2018
i likes the job i was a flouter some was hard most of the jobs was easy, its a fun place to work, they will give you extra hrs i would go back, its 11 hr starting out
Fun and fast paced work environment
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno Ca.July 22, 2018
Overall great work experience. When working in the field, you must be very self-motivated, which I am. Was able to be a top producer because of my selling skills and by being very organized.
Pros
fun, flexible, fast paced
Cons
to much drive time.
Good Company
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 15, 2018
Very good company to work for. Started my career with them in 1994 which gave me the opportunity to get to where I am today. Based in Kansas City Mo.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Russell Stover
Sanitation/Packaging (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXJuly 10, 2018
Great work environment, several shifts available, Very accommodating to schedules. Great benefits after 90 days
Large turnover due to seasonal hiring and positions
good if you are the 2nd income
Wrapping Department - Service, Operator and Lead (Current Employee) –  Corsicana, TX 75110July 8, 2018
too many hour cuts and insurance is upwards of $250 just for the employee. There is no advancement unless you are in the "in" crowd if you are not you might be a somebody in 10 years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Russell Stover Candies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

1.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight