Russell Stover Candies Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work
Electronics Technician/Electrician (Former Employee) –  Abilene, KSNovember 14, 2018
I honestly loved working at Russell Stovers and was traumatized when I was let go without so much as a disciplinary report. I would go back to work here in a heartbeat.
Terrible experience.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSNovember 6, 2018
When I worked there, our district manager was terrible. Even the temps that came to help, didn't want to come back because of her. My store manager was an amazing boss and worked her butt off and the district manager ran her out. I almost quite on the spot after a phone was thrown at me, granted, it was accidental but I had just about had enough.
Handpacker
Handpacker (Former Employee) –  Abilene, KSOctober 25, 2018
Training is not the best, trained by employees and each one seem to say something different. Really noisy environment and fast paced. Coworkers aren’t the friendliest, people that have been working there for awhile seem to have cliques. Employees that have been there for awhile seem to train employees but not follow what they taught, so as to want to have the new employee do all the work so they don’t have to work as hard. Employees that have been there for awhile seem to be lazy. Gossip thrived in this workplace. Manager seemed to leave you alone if you did your job but other employees seemed to want to take over to make sure employees did their job when they cut corners their self.
Pros
Paid every week on Thursday, 50% discount on candy
Cons
Coworkers, Training
Benefits awesome, Management was alright, job security/adv. I can say if you work hard and catch on it wont go unnoticed.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXOctober 25, 2018
The positions are easy if your a fast learner, and if you work hard, catch on fast can get thru your probation period without missing days and leaving early, your hard work won't go unnoticed cause you do get 3 evaluations within a year's time. Only thing I didn't like is they have/had too much mess, too much favoritism, they talk to you like your a kid until you address it like (ME). THE FIRST 3/4 MONTHS OF EVERY YEAR THEY DO LAYOFFS EVEN IF YOUR FULL TIME, you literally have to file for UNEMPLOYMENT AND THIS IS EVERY YEAR.YOUR ONLY OFFERED OVER TIME 3/4 MONTHS THROUGHOUT THE YEAR, ON TOP OF THAT, MANDATORY FRIDAYS/SATURDAYS. so you have to use your ACCURACIES/TARDIES if you want to take TIME OFF. They are VERY BIG ON SAFETY. All in all if you love to work 10/12 hour shifts with mandatory overtime including weekends and can look over the negative things(don't tell your business, not their for friends, or Romance). The COMPANY do give out gifts during Hoildays mainly Christmas, gift cards, dinners, employment of the month notices etc. And they give you 10 accuracies/10 tardies and you can call in no explanation, if fired due to attendance you will not be able to file for unemployment due to their no holds bar attendance so it's very important you check your attendance if not sure about it. You can only get an attendance record from your Supervisor upon request cause you both have to sign it. Well that's all I can think of. Good Luck, and I hope I was a good enough help.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Hours Advancement if earned, Paid Hoildays and you don't work on hoildays too.
Cons
Limited Overtime, Mandatory Weekends Fri/Sat, during peek season, too much Favoritism.
Retail sales and merchandising.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNOctober 23, 2018
Represented a sales territory with both grocery stores and Walmarts.

Sold and merchandised Russell Stover Candies in these locations.

Worked as the West Coast trainee for new employees.
Pros
Fun product line to sell, good salary and benefits. Company car.
Cons
Privately owned company, where turnover was high.
Working at Russell Stover's chocolates is almost like being in high school. There is way too much drama. It used to be a fun place to work.
Service worker (Current Employee) –  Iola, KSOctober 22, 2018
Only certain people get away with things. If the main people who are in charge like you, you can walk off the line and not do work. It makes it hard on people who care about their job.
Pros
Cookouts twice a year. Catering two to four times a year.
Cons
Too much brown nosing
Buyer
Corporate Buyer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 6, 2018
The job as a buyer was actually a rewarding and interesting job. However, the culture and the manager of the procurement department is horrible. The manager is not a leader but more of a dictator. The turnover in this department is extremely high. Toxic environment.
It was a good job as long as standing 10 hours a day is doable... Fast paced in packing.. a loootttt of talking amoungst employees
Packing and Shipping (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXSeptember 22, 2018
It's a nice company to work for.. If the employees didn't try to tell each other what to do instead of the team supervisor it would have been wonderful.
Pros
Management cares about employees
Cons
Standing 10 hours
days go by slow
Service (Former Employee) –  Iola, KSSeptember 18, 2018
Unhappy people that don't want to do there job and you got to do it and yours to overtime last for six months out of the year there's people treating other people badly
Pros
discount in candy store
Cons
short lunch
I would not recommend this place to anyone.
Forklift and Yard dog Operator (Former Employee) –  Ruther Glen, VASeptember 16, 2018
I worked here many years ago when it was a family owned business and it was a fun and great place to work. It was recently bought by Lindt Chocolates and they brought the company down. I would never recommend this job or their product to anyone.
I loved working here, I will miss it.
Warehouse Lead/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Reno-Stead, NVSeptember 11, 2018
I enjoyed working at Russell Stover's. It was a very fast paced warehouse with plenty of work and opportunity to grow. I tried to learn as much as I possibly could so that I was able to get more done and do it more efficiently. This helped me a ton once I got promoted to the office because I knew how everything else in the warehouse functioned. I would recommend this company to anyone. It has taught me a lot working here.
Pros
yearly bonus, easy to gain experience
Cons
They are shutting down this facility
Decent Place to work for
Weight Station (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXSeptember 10, 2018
I enjoyed working there!
Friendly people, great company.
Good managers. Decent hours for working on shift schedule.
Discounts on candy and other goods at the retail store.
Pros
Holiday meals
It was a nice place to work. We even prepared orders for England.
assembly line worker and forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Carmel church, va.September 10, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Russell Stover Candies. I was devastated when they told me that they was closing that distribution center and moving to Tennessee. I was there fourteen years. The work wasn't really hard, but it kept me busy all day. I really miss it. I love working. I liked it when they hired new people. I would train them for the assembly line, how to do warehouse orders, and how to use the scanning gun.
Pros
Free lunches every 3 or 4 months. We also had Christmas and Thanksgiving Dinners catered.
Cons
No sick days.
N/a
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Abilene, KSSeptember 8, 2018
Good place to work for. Just a long drive from home. Pay wasn't bad either. Got along with the coworkers. Would of liked more overtime but did yet some.
Factory job
Supply hauler (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COSeptember 3, 2018
This job is similar to working in any other manufacturing facility. It's not exciting but it's steady pay. I felt that I worked very hard and ended up being taken advantage of in the end. Those are personal feelings from my experience. Your experience could be completely different.
Pros
Steady work/ pay
Cons
Monotonous factory work.
Sanitation Crew (Former Employee) –  Iola, KSAugust 31, 2018
Loved my experience while there. You have to stay on your toes because it is fast paced. If you don't like candy and seeing how it is made then this is not the job for you. Management was great.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Chocolate everywhere
Opportunities abound for right fit personnel and background
DIRECTOR OF INTERNATIONAL SALES (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 31, 2018
Swiss owned company that was a privately held family company. Product is of the highest quality at an affordable price. Major manufacturer and supplier of boxed chocolates, sugar free products and seasonal novelties.
Pros
Inhouse gym, great location
Cons
competitive industry and major competition
Good place to work.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXAugust 23, 2018
Its a fun place to work with good people to work with. I enjoyed my time there, learning new things and working hard. I recommend this job deeply, the hours are good and you always have work.
Pros
It pays very well with good hours.
Cons
Having to wake up extremely early.
Great workplace
Packer (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXAugust 22, 2018
Russell Stovers is a great place to work. The pay rate is phenomenal, you get a raise every year to match with economical growth. They also have affordable health care benefits.
horrible management, extreme favoritism
hand packer (Former Employee) –  Abilene, KSAugust 16, 2018
worked there 10 years. gave my life to that company. coworkers were horrible. management even worse. very dedicated, Cross trained employee who developed carpal tunnel and was placed on light duty. 2 weeks thereafter I conviently had enough attitude to terminate my 10 almost 11 years of dedication. high turnover, short breaks, no training, management screams at you constantly. have worked anywhere from zero hours per week to 70 hours. medical insurance very expensive and doesn't really cover anything. other benefits are decent. the only paid "vacation" you get are 2 times a year when the plant shuts down. you cannot choose days unless you've been there 20+ years. you can only miss 6 days or 7 half days in 6 months without being written up. doesn't matter what the situation is. definitely not a racist but being Hispanic seems to give you the uperhand for favoritism at this company. hated my time there bit it paid the bills and was close to home.
Pros
money
Cons
management and everyone else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Russell Stover Candies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

1.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight