Russell Stover Candies Employee Reviews

overall nice place to work
Hand Packer (Current Employee) –  Abilene, KSJanuary 22, 2019
Russell Stover Candies has a good future. They're expanding. Good wages for the area, and benefits. Paid vacations , and holidays. Awesome HR Department.
Pros
wages, benefits, Christmas bonus, bonus perks
Cons
No sick pay. At times the job can be very stressful.
Very fast paced
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, KSJanuary 20, 2019
Very fast paced, physical and very Challenging. You have to be a great multitasker with great initiative skills. I loved my job which when done with passion it becomes a career, customers were awesome which 80 % are travelers and team. Excellent support from CEO, VP, Retail Director and Region Mgr at the time. Everyone at corporate was very supportive..
Pros
Incentives for motivation, very supportive and keeps teams very well informed
Cons
Hire ups in attached factory not supportive meaning Plant Manager..
Work in general
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Iola, KSJanuary 18, 2019
We work to many hours not enough time off with family no vacation when you choose, lack of communication in the work place and alot of the employers act like there still in elementary school! To much drama for the work place and the management like to picks there favorites.
Produ tive fast pace
Laborer/Helper (Former Employee) –  Iola, KSJanuary 13, 2019
People run in clicks here. Like all the old about to retire are 1 group. The young one another.. So on and so on. They do random drug screens. And they do offer voluntary overtime. Its based more on who you know and not what you know.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hard to progress
Good envofonment working place
Wrapping (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXJanuary 5, 2019
It is a better company good dalay good benefrt and a safe working place. It is a good management. Company. And its a good company to work with. They paid good. We work 4 days a week and 10 hours a day. I like this company.
Pros
Nothing is free.
Cons
Ling break
Fun and easy going environment
Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXJanuary 3, 2019
stay to yourself do your job and no problems. A good job with room to advance and descent pay and great schedules to choose from. Gives time off during spring and summer. Overtime opportunities during holiday.
Wonderful Work experience
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXJanuary 2, 2019
I was only employed by Russell Stover on a temporary basis. My time there taught me a lot and had they had a spot left to fill I would have stayed with them.
Pros
Free candy in the break rooms, indoor smoking sections
Cons
Standing for 10-12 hours a day. Overnight.
good pay, great co workers, not bad hours
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Abilene, KSDecember 23, 2018
It can be fast paced however very good pay, advancement with in the company, great co-workers. Over all it is a good place to work, benefits are good, they'll be times that you work over but it all balances out over time.
Pros
good pay, over time not too bad, good supervisors.
Cons
overtime during summer months, still not bad place to work.
quick paced and stressful
Service (Current Employee) –  Abilene, KSDecember 15, 2018
My job a Russell Stover has been a good one but it is stressful. I can't count on 40 hours a week year around. I have to look for a second job now because of it. I do enjoy that it is fast-paced so that helps the days to go by faster.
Pros
fast-paced, advancement possible, management helpful
Cons
no 40 hours a week year around, stressful, benefits with high deductibles
I enjoy the work
Factory Service (Current Employee) –  Abilene, KSDecember 6, 2018
I enjoy working at Russell Stover's. I love my supervisor, she rocks! But there are three others that are so rude and degrading that it is very difficult to work for them. Verbal and mental abuse isn't in terms and conditions of the contract so they really need to be delt with.
The work is fast paced and not easy. Your whole body will ache, but co workers help the time pass and some leads are really awesome and make the tasks fun.
Everyone has good days and bad days. Leave your personal life at the door and don't bring work home with you and it should be all good.
Pros
Pay, free and discounted candy, four day work week most of the year, a few completely awesome supervisors and managers.
Cons
Horribly abusive supervisors and managers for most of the factory.
They are strict about somethings but are starting to ease off a little
Operator (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXNovember 29, 2018
It's a good place to work and to move up if you have a college degree but must be careful with tardys, absents due to the fact that you won't get many and only fall off after so many months.
Excellent work environment
Mach Oper (Former Employee) –  Abilene, KSNovember 28, 2018
Excellent place to work, trying to get back to it! Company very easy to work for and with. I was in Box Plant, from Supervisor all the way down, to newest person, great combination of people.
fun and great work enviroment
pack and wrap / kitchen cook (Former Employee) –  Iola, KSNovember 26, 2018
i enjoyed my time at russell stovers i worked for three months in pack and wrap before i worked my way up to going to the kitchen to be a candy cook witch i loved working in the kitchen
Pros
all u can eat candy on lunch break
Do not ever work there! At least not at the abilene location!
Lead (Former Employee) –  Abilene, KSNovember 26, 2018
Russell Stovers seemed like a really good job at first. They talked about how they're all about their employees and how them value them. HA! I never worked anywhere so negative and toxic in my entire life! Co-workers were cruel and filled with drama and hate. Management was a joke and played favorites. Don't worry if you're a "pretty" girl who's willing to flirt a little with mgmt you'll be fine.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Toxic Workplace, Terrible Mgmt
Good Company to work for.
Sales Representative Russell Stover Candies (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 19, 2018
Russell Stover Candies is s good company to work for. Great training and management. Helpful customer service. Overall it was a positive experience.
Pros
Discounts on candy.
Cons
Few opportunities for advancement.
Awesome place to work
Electronics Technician/Electrician (Former Employee) –  Abilene, KSNovember 14, 2018
I honestly loved working at Russell Stovers and was traumatized when I was let go without so much as a disciplinary report. I would go back to work here in a heartbeat.
It was an ok job
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Abilene, KSNovember 11, 2018
It was a decent job, but very hard work. The supervisor wasn't very business minded and used favoritism as a tool for advancement. Lot of the sanitation workers were pretty shady.
Pros
Catered diners at Thanksgiving and Christmas
Cons
Bad Supervisor
Terrible experience.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSNovember 6, 2018
When I worked there, our district manager was terrible. Even the temps that came to help, didn't want to come back because of her. My store manager was an amazing boss and worked her butt off and the district manager ran her out. I almost quite on the spot after a phone was thrown at me, granted, it was accidental but I had just about had enough.
Handpacker
Handpacker (Former Employee) –  Abilene, KSOctober 25, 2018
Training is not the best, trained by employees and each one seem to say something different. Really noisy environment and fast paced. Coworkers aren’t the friendliest, people that have been working there for awhile seem to have cliques. Employees that have been there for awhile seem to train employees but not follow what they taught, so as to want to have the new employee do all the work so they don’t have to work as hard. Employees that have been there for awhile seem to be lazy. Gossip thrived in this workplace. Manager seemed to leave you alone if you did your job but other employees seemed to want to take over to make sure employees did their job when they cut corners their self.
Pros
Paid every week on Thursday, 50% discount on candy
Cons
Coworkers, Training
Benefits awesome, Management was alright, job security/adv. I can say if you work hard and catch on it wont go unnoticed.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXOctober 25, 2018
The positions are easy if your a fast learner, and if you work hard, catch on fast can get thru your probation period without missing days and leaving early, your hard work won't go unnoticed cause you do get 3 evaluations within a year's time. Only thing I didn't like is they have/had too much mess, too much favoritism, they talk to you like your a kid until you address it like (ME). THE FIRST 3/4 MONTHS OF EVERY YEAR THEY DO LAYOFFS EVEN IF YOUR FULL TIME, you literally have to file for UNEMPLOYMENT AND THIS IS EVERY YEAR.YOUR ONLY OFFERED OVER TIME 3/4 MONTHS THROUGHOUT THE YEAR, ON TOP OF THAT, MANDATORY FRIDAYS/SATURDAYS. so you have to use your ACCURACIES/TARDIES if you want to take TIME OFF. They are VERY BIG ON SAFETY. All in all if you love to work 10/12 hour shifts with mandatory overtime including weekends and can look over the negative things(don't tell your business, not their for friends, or Romance). The COMPANY do give out gifts during Hoildays mainly Christmas, gift cards, dinners, employment of the month notices etc. And they give you 10 accuracies/10 tardies and you can call in no explanation, if fired due to attendance you will not be able to file for unemployment due to their no holds bar attendance so it's very important you check your attendance if not sure about it. You can only get an attendance record from your Supervisor upon request cause you both have to sign it. Well that's all I can think of. Good Luck, and I hope I was a good enough help.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Hours Advancement if earned, Paid Hoildays and you don't work on hoildays too.
Cons
Limited Overtime, Mandatory Weekends Fri/Sat, during peek season, too much Favoritism.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Russell Stover Candies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

1.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight