Russell Stover Candies Employee Reviews

productive
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ruther Glen, VAApril 24, 2018
hard worker not in the drama i take my job to heart it was fun at times i like every one that i work with there most of us stay in contact to this day
I worked inside of the Store, not Factory
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXApril 16, 2018
I really enjoyed the people that I worked with as well as the candy! Very relaxed for the most part, aside from holidays, especially Valentine's! But the holidays is when I received the most hours so I was grateful for that.
Pros
Daytime job
Cons
Small chance for advancement
Funplace to work
SHIPPING/RECEIVING OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXApril 15, 2018
Fun place to work. Typical day was always busy. The workplace was definitely enjoyable and would recommend it to anyone seeking employment and stability.
A learning experience
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TX 75110March 27, 2018
Working at Russell Stovers was a learning experience. I had just moved to a small town and made a quick career change and pay decrease. By doing so I experienced a great company that had good procedures, but at the time they were in transition with selling the company that resulted in cut backs that affected their employees. The management team was not in tact, but I learned a great deal about warehouse operations along with great policies and procedures within that environment.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Pay rate and employee stability
Great Job
Candy Dipper (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, VAMarch 21, 2018
Great Place to work but company shut down. Don't miss your water till your well runs dry. Great pay and benefits. Working conditions where cold in the plant but still comfortable.
Pros
Right at home
Cons
They shut down in Clarksville, Va
They have some good people working there.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Ruther Glen, VAMarch 2, 2018
With this being a seasonal job it was really busy from Sep. to around Apr. and then you either take the lay-off or work through the summer with minimal hrs.I learned how to operate a hand held scanner which was used in typical day along with scanning product,loading and unloading trucks.There was really nothing hard about the job.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Can't make suggestions in the morning meeting, management gets upset
Relaxed and Productive workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXFebruary 15, 2018
The work environment was pretty relaxed and i was able to work with some pretty interesting individuals as well as some very hardworking supervisors. The only problem was the limited benefits and short lunch.
Pros
Free Candy samples, 2 15 minute breaks
Cons
Short lunch.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Abilene, KSFebruary 14, 2018
Co-workers were stand offish, and didn't really work as a team. The lead for the department exhibited favoritism toward certain people. The lack of work experienced was a financial hardship.
Pros
Special dinners for employees occasionally.
Cons
Lack of work unpaid during slow production
Great hard working enviorment either individually or as a team.
Lead tumbler operative (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COFebruary 13, 2018
I loved going to work! The company was great as were the supervisors and peers. Fair wages room for advansment and overtime. It was a fun place when appropriate filled with amazing hard working individuals.Managment and Human Resources were very involved and personal. The workplace culture was a huge varity of people with all different work ethics and backgrounds. People from all over the country and even some from other countries. It provided people from anywhere and everywhere a fair safe and genuinely caring place to earn an honest and fair wage you could be proud of.
Hardest part of my job was cleaning the machine; i.e. tumblers.
Its hard to pick the most enjoyable part of my job but I suppose Id have to say my crew was my favorite part of my job at Russell Stovers. We didnt have the oppertunity to conversate and hang out due to the volume of the machines and the attentivness required by us but when we did get a chance to take a break we always had a wonderfu time and our brief interactions always gave me something to look forward to.
Pros
Health dental overtime coworkers hours room for advancement anual raises
Cons
crowded on week days language barier
Purchasing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXJanuary 22, 2018
Very busy
Learned the program
Supervisor are very easy to work with
Having to stand on your feet for long periods of time
I enjoyed the people I worked with
Pros
one hour lunch
Cons
breaks and health care cost
I was not good enough no matter what
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOJanuary 21, 2018
When I applied for the job, it said PART TIME. The other co-worker was RUDE, then she quit. If I didn't stay past my scheduled time, the manager would start an argument with me. THere was no one to show me how to do things!
russel stovers
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COJanuary 20, 2018
they were good I loved my co workers my supervisers did more talking than anything but it didn't matter great pay great work was a bit difficult all night
Stressful
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Iola, KSJanuary 14, 2018
People in management were constantly down your throat about getting stuff done when it actually took a lot of time to get things set up. We were forced to work 60 hours a week when our forms said we only worked Monday thru Thursday.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too many hours
productive and fun work place. people relaxed and able to joke around while job gets done
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Iola, KSJanuary 13, 2018
the hardest part of the job was standing for long periods of time in one place on the conveyer belts. it was a good work culture everyone got along just fine. the most enjoyable part of the job was the unlimited candy they gave you.
Pros
free candy
Cons
short breaks, satnding long periods of time at the convayer belts
Fast pace work enviroment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXJanuary 9, 2018
Fast pace,safety is awesome,poor training,other then those it's a very good place to work.wouod change the hours 3:30pm-2:00am not a good time for people.with kids no life what so ever.
Pros
Drama
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Wildwood, FLJanuary 1, 2018
when you start your day you review the daily goals, daily task and company communications.Customer service is the top priority and have to work task around serving the customer. When you work in chocolate you don't have to many bad days as people smile at the thought of chocolate and there are few complaints. You offer customers a free sample and let them know about one of many promotions of the day. Typical day will be mostly engaging with the customers and finding their needs and answering questions

There is more task that have to be completed everyday and not enough help to complete them.

Sales goals are unrealistic and manager is responsible for meeting them. Must tell why they didn't meet them, what is your plan etc. Everything is micromanaged.

Always under staffed part time positions are never filled. All OT must be approved and must report to as why any was given without approval, even if it is 15 minutes.

Customers greeted within 3 seconds. Must talk about promotions on the floor and sell the customer on additional products as well then at checkout its more upselling and talking about rewards program.
packing and wrapping
WRAPPING (Current Employee) –  Corsicana, TXDecember 28, 2017
packing candies loading and wrapping all candies,was a good job...I would advise a lot of people to work for RUSSELL STOVERS..Because it is a good job and its worth it..
Not a good place to work
Enrober operator (Former Employee) –  Abilene, KSDecember 8, 2017
The training is sub par. If your part of the click your not welcome. The work is easy. I basically trained myself by watching other employees. Ended up leaving for a job that paid less.
Horrible
Packer (Former Employee) –  Montrose, CONovember 9, 2017
Management had double standards. Unfair treatment to the new employees. New employees are not allowed to sit down. Wish the breaks where a little longer. I did not enjoy being yelled at by my manager over nothing. I had to wait 1hr 30min to go to the bathroom.
high energy place positive productive friendly employees
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Iola, KSNovember 4, 2017
Great place to work, long hours great benefits and flexible options. Love the discounts on the chocolates from gift shop. Amazing management team and advancement opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Russell Stover Candies. Our community is ready to answer.