Ruston Paving Co., Inc.

Ruston Paving Co., Inc. Reviews about Pay & Benefits: Working at Ruston Paving Co., Inc.

Clear
4.1Pay & Benefits

Ruston Paving Co., Inc. insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Great money earnings

The long hours were hard on an old guy like me. The Management were young and Inexperienced ; but they were able to improve after the year I spent there.

Excellent Company!

Ruston Paving is a phenomenal company to work for. If you are willing to learn they will teach you how to do anything. Long hours most days but then again asphalt is not for the faint of heart. Asphalt is hot, sticky and nasty if u go in there expecting every day to be easy this is not for you. Overall the pay and benefits are well worth your time. This is a job that you can take pride in your work. Management is knowledgeable and reasonable. Foremen are knowledgeable and good at what they do, they will expect you to work hard but they will also teach you valuable skills and invest time in training you. What Ruston Paving does can be somewhat dangerous at times, alot of moving trucks and machines on jobsites and that being said the company is very big on safety, safety is a always a #1 priority above all else.

Official response from Ruston Paving Co., Inc.

February 15, 2021
Thanks for recognizing Ruston Paving as an industry leader. While we certainly stress safety, we know that a safe work environment can’t happen without the buy-in and positive, driven attitudes of our employees. We truly appreciate all your efforts!

Good systems in place - terrible work life balance!

Day typically start between 6 - 7 am and can be up to 14 hours long. Depending on your specific job, breaks are difficult to come by & lunch doesn't exist on any typical day. The company does pay for drive time if your in their vehicle but stopping for a break, or lunch anywhere during the typical work day is forbidden. Bathroom breaks are even scrutinized as some resort to using them as work breaks. For anyone driving a vehicle, smoking, eating and drinking in company vehicles is also prohibited. Unless you are one of the operators glued into a machine seat, fatigue is often an issue as the season wears on. 401K and some other benefits advertised do not start until the second year. Company is great on safety related issues and has mandatory safety meetings each week that are typically about twice as long as necessary. Ruston is very good at paving large flat areas but detail work is spotty at best. We even paved driveways with 40,000 lb. machine. The most difficult part of the job is the long hours and the daily grind. There is a disconnect between managment and the remainder of the employees here, even with there foremen, and many feel under appreciated. Fridays are greatly appeciated, even if it is 7pm when you get done. Unless of course you also have to work Saturday. If you are a skilled worker, there are certainly better options available out there.

Official response from Ruston Paving Co., Inc.

March 17, 2020
Thank you for providing feedback about your employment experience with Ruston Paving. We take this feedback seriously as it helps us to make the company a better place to work.While the seasonality of our business can result in longer days, the work/life balance of our employees is extremely important to us. We strive to give our employees a full two-day weekend as often as possible. However, when a job requires Saturday work, we pay our employees double-time for that day to help ease the burden of being away from their families. Additionally, we try to give them another day off, so they still have two days off that week. Start times following extended work days are delayed to minimize time away from home.At Ruston Paving, we offer our employees a rich benefit package, which includes paid holidays, vacation and flex time. Company sponsored health, dental and vision insurance along with a 401(k) plan with company matching have waiting periods consistent with industry standards. We’re proud of our company’s safety culture. The policies and procedures that are in place are there to help keep our employees and the public safe. We train all our drivers to practice safe driving habits as incidents involving distracted driving account for most accidents nationwide. For the safety of all drivers and passengers, smoking is prohibited in all company vehicles and equipment.We wish you the best of luck in your search to find employment which more closely matches your requirements. Our employees are held to higher standards as we strive to remain an industry leader.

Great company to learn the trade and grow with.

Working for Ruston was the greatest experience of my life so far. I started off as an operator, was given the chance to get my class A cdl, and became a grading foreman in less then 2 years of being there. The benefits were great along with lots of incentives and perks. Everyone from management to the project managers work with you to help you learn and grow. When the company succeeds you succeed with it. Regrettably I left to work for another not so great company. Ruston is the real deal though. If you want to learn and grow into a great career, Ruston Paving is the company just for that. It's like being a part of a big family.

ok

it was good. i liked working there but they got rid of me and would not tell me why. the shop was great but ut was alot of patching stuff just so it breaks again later down the road

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Paving Road

Great pay and benefits and reasonable with emergency calls outs. Will have less time and energy for activities. Very stressful on long hot days. Overal I love working there a real fun family working machine.

Pros

12.50 start pay weekly

Cons

No breaks

company vs family

company thinks work is more important then family and they feel that you should drop everything for work. long hours no garenteed lunch time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruston Paving Co., Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9
  • Ruston Paving Co., Inc.
  • Pay & Benefits