Rutgers University Employee Reviews

DIRECTOR OF PURCHASING (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 7, 2018
I was very fortunate to have a mentor that taught me how to manage and nurture the staff. The most enjoyable part of the job was the staff and individuals that I interacted with.
Good work/life balance and benefits:
Senior Technologist (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJDecember 3, 2018
It is a good place to start or end your career.
Great benefits, and overall good work culture too.

For someone who is looking for growth and a career path - there are not many options.

Usually the only way to move up in the university is to move out of your group.

The most enjoyable part of my job is to be able to switch between various tools/technologies and roles within a day!

That is also the hardest part of the job while working on a project that is not necessarily managed well.
Pros
small teams give exposure to a lot of experiences and situations.
Cons
Not much growth.
Stay away from Lead Central Sterile tech position toxic environment
Lead central sterile tech (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 2, 2018
The lead central position in Newark nj Rutgers Dental School is horrible management is cut throat the managers in central sterile are not real managers they are Dental infection supervisors the job duty is overwhelming you have no help from management and they provide no overtime and the staff is limited only 3workers in department the lead tech gets in trouble for everything the supervisor is a racist woman stay away from this job
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Pay is horrible, unorganized department, no support from management
Not a good environment for PTLs
Part-Time Lecturer/Adjunct (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJDecember 1, 2018
As a part-time lecturer and adjunct, I never knew what classes, if any, I would be teaching until the last minute. Sometimes even after the semester started.
great experience
Electrician (Former Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 1, 2018
learned so much mechanicley lot of good guys there a few racist ppl great Chinese food decent pay great benefits close to travel to free tickets to the games
Volunteer Academic Recruiter
Volunteer Alumni Academic Recruiter (Current Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 27, 2018
I do this strictly on a volunteer basis. I answer the call for Rutgers by covering some college fairs, attending open houses, serving as a resource point up here in CT.
Just a part time job
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJ 08854November 26, 2018
As a front desk, when other student ask you for something, you give it to them such as stapler, tape, etc. You also have to drop it down when someone borrowed some books from the front desk.
Fun and productive
Custodian/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJNovember 26, 2018
Like working there great place to work love working with people it a fast pace job my day at work is great when I get there feel good when I leave there feel great
great place
Researcher/Consultant (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJNovember 21, 2018
Good place for work,
a lot of scientific possibilities,
top level of research
polite pleasant people
a lot of sport activities
large amount of labs and equipments
Difference between the two
Recovery Support Specialist III-Current (Current Employee) –  Monmouth Junction, NJNovember 19, 2018
Good staff and laid back office. A little adjusting between the old UMDNJ and the University. But overall it still a good place to work.
Staff is friendly and easy to work with.
Pros
Flexible schedule and friendly staff
Cons
Office supplies and furniture
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 19, 2018
A great place to work in the right financial circumstances. I feel I was treated fairly and liked my co- workers very much but as a part time worker job security is an issue
Pros
Cons
Job security
Very engaging
Design Intern (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJNovember 15, 2018
I really appreciate the leadership. The management is encouraging and helps you learn what you need to learn to stay on top of your work. Would reccomend.
Contract Faculty & Education Officer (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJNovember 14, 2018
Great institution for higher learning and place to work. Rutgers University continues to work very diligently in international development through education and agriculture.
Pros
Good Academic
good
good
Senior Tutor (Current Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 14, 2018
Great company atmosphere -Fantastic coworkers -The work is so enjoyable -The clientele -Wonderful communication and transparency -Benefits -Pay is good
nice and conformable place to work at.
standardized patient (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJNovember 13, 2018
its a fun job where you get to act and pretend that you are some one else and very dramatic and funny some times. A lot performing and repetition and team work .
Pros
has cafeteria, multiple bathrooms, you get to be an actor, easy job.
Cons
against time, no brakes during work.
unorganized
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJNovember 9, 2018
Everything is very unorganized. I have learned a ton since I am there but there is terrible conflict which never seems to be resolved by management. A tick for tack place to work and a huge lack of communication and team-work. Management attempts to make friends with you only to use it as ammunition against you later one. Nothing is confidential when speaking with supervisor. E-mails are never answered and you can not get in touch with practice managers when in need of them. Daily tasks and information is changed and not for the better. The company looses money left and right for allowing slackers to work for them. Lack of care and compassion from staff members when handling patient care. Patients tend to be confused with their treatment and there are a lack of compliance on both staff and patient behalf's. Rules tend to be made up depending on if the supervisor likes you.
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
daily changes, lack of patient care, unorganized
Good health insurance...that's about it
Mental Health Clinician (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 5, 2018
I stayed with Rutgers UBHC (hired when it was still UMDNJ) for nearly 15 years. I left almost 4 months ago. It was brutal. Unfair workload, no "life balance," (questioned about taking 3 hours of my own accrued time to register my daughter for school), and the workplace culture was demoralizing to say the least. If you want to be saddled with 175 or more patients on your caseload, have a supervisor who lacks a backbone, and deal with management who does not have your best interests at heart or any intention for promotion from within, despite your extensive qualifications, then this is the place for you.
Na
Security Officer Sport events (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJNovember 5, 2018
Rutgers University was a great job with great benefits and great pay I am proud that I worked for this company. The environment of this company was a peaceful environment it was all so fast paced. Working for Rutgers was a great opportunity.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Great Job!
Medical Data Entry Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJOctober 31, 2018
Very stable environment with a great work/life balance. Every project is a team effort. Management is extremely helpful and great to work with. Would love another job like this one.
Pros
Great benefits, salary
Cons
There are none
Enjoyable
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJOctober 30, 2018
Loved my coworkers. We were able to establish a successful team moving forward. Always events to do. Knowing the teachers and establishing a connection was key.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rutgers University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight