Rutgers University Employee Reviews

A good place to do physics
Graduate student (RA) (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJSeptember 9, 2018
Rutgers graduate school is an intense experience and a great place to do physics. It's one of the hardest imaginable ways to make a living that no one would do if they weren't passionate about physics.
Pros
Excellent physics
Cons
120 hour work weeks, sleeping in your office, boss yelling at you constantly, no life, less than minimum wage
Nice place to work
Principal Receptionist Patient Scheduler (Current Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 6, 2018
I would like to hear back from Rutgers and or if they are hiring for any up coming openings. It would not matter if it would be here on campus or some place off campus.
Productive and students are motivated
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJSeptember 3, 2018
Great workplace with good support from the department. You will be able to share knowledge with the students who are willing to learn from you. Highly recommend.
Good for working mothers with time off allocated.
CONFERENCE COORDINATOR-RESIDENCE LIFE (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJAugust 29, 2018
Good to work in areas that collaborate for the students' successful outcomes. Good team environment and autonomy to work on other projects of interest that are beneficial to your departments.
Pros
Generous vacation days, sick time
Cons
No merit based raises, same across the board for all
ok
Research Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJAugust 28, 2018
I tink you would want to work here. But i don't know for sure . so you can just find out on your own. Because it was so long ago, that I have no idea what the employee experience is like anymore,
It started as a great opportunity, I even considered going into education. But that all changed once I came back from maternity leave it’s been bitte.
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 27, 2018
Poor communication and lack of information was never shared. It started out as a great opportunity and a place to grow, now it’s toxic and cutthroat, seems to be how most have advanced in their career. I wish I had been given the same opportunity my other coworkers were afforded.
Pros
The Name
Cons
No hours misleading no health insurance
Faculty
Part-Time Lecturer, Department of Economics (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJAugust 25, 2018
Faculty member so there is nothing more to add. You are asking for more info about Rutgers than is really applicable for this summary. This is enough.
Pros
Great place. There is nothong more to say about a University
Cons
None. I have no cons about the University.
It's a university. What more can be said?
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Busch campus, PiscatawayAugust 25, 2018
The union makes working as a temporary employee very difficult. I worked independently and had my progress evaluated weekly. The opportunity to be employed in research was appreciated.
Not well organized but fun
Student Ambassador, Rutgers Ignite (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJAugust 21, 2018
Lots of confusion and inconsistency but enjoyed connecting with the workers and children.I learned to be more adjustable and make the best of certain situations.
good place to work
Post-doctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 20, 2018
A nice an collaborative environment where research thrives. People are very eager to work together and to help each other. Basically you can accomplish a lot by networking and assisting others.
Wow
Educational Opportunity Fund Tutor (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJAugust 19, 2018
salt together in a food
processor or blender until sauce is creamy and ivory-colored. A food processor is the
easiest way to make this sauce; scrape the sides of the processor periodically during
processing. If using a blender, you may need to use a long-handled spoon to break up
the thick part of the sauce once every 30 seconds; this will keep it from clogging your
blender blades.
Pros
bogs, planes
Cons
gigs, ringing
Great
Student worker (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJAugust 8, 2018
Great! I was a student worker and it was manageable. My employer was wonderful and was very understanding. She allowed me to take days off for school work.
Working in Student Housing is a fun experience
Mentorship Program Co-coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 8, 2018
Working in Housing guarantees housing benefits and you can learn many valuable skills. Most importantly you learn how to work with diverse people and with a population of students that look up to you as a role model.
great place to work
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJAugust 7, 2018
Management is understanding of when you may need some time for your family. I have met great people, atmosphere is very welcoming and willing to lend a hand when needed.
Pros
Great benefits, salary is very competitive
Cons
Short lunch breaks
interesting and fun
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJAugust 2, 2018
I enjoyed working with the collegiate public in a recreational atmosphere. The faculty was nice and the teamwork evident. The administration was always fair and willing to help.
state univ with huge commuting costs
Professor, Econ, Finance, & Operations Research (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick & NewarkJuly 30, 2018
when a class let out at 9 pm, I stayed at work till 10, because I would still get home at the same time.
Hard to know whether b school or overall university was the more poorly managed.
Pros
RUTCOR had strong scholars in those days
Cons
commuting, quality of students
Great Experience
IT Associate (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJuly 30, 2018
I loved working for Rutgers. I relocated, however other than that I would have stayed. I had great relationships with all of my co-workers and supervisors, It was a very cohesive environment. I am grateful for the experience and I feel it has prepared me for my next opportunity.
Pros
Great Health Benefits.
Cons
Job Security due to lack of funding
Realaxed and fun workplace but be prepared to put in the hours.
Post-Doctoral Researcher (Former Employee) –  NewarkJuly 29, 2018
This place is a great seat of learning. The atmosphere around the campus is relaxed and there are multiple facilities with which the students can avail of.
Pros
Relaxed, friendly atmosphere with rich facilities on and off campus
Cons
Long work hours required
Campus too large to network with peers
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 26, 2018
Tuition remission is fabulous. Compensation is not fair for job responsibilities. Benefits are great, paid time off is excellent, salaries not great. Union is knowledgeable.
Pros
benefits time off
Cons
salaries
Fun environment and very nice people
Research Assistant, EPIK Project (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJuly 21, 2018
I typically worked for home, which was very convenient because I was able to work whenever I had the time to work. I was able to make my own schedule and work according to my time! I learned a lot about research and about childhood obesity through this work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rutgers University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.0Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.