Rutgers University Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
If you are a student, you can survive here...
Corner Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Camden Campus CenterMay 21, 2018
If you want meaningful work, keep looking...this is a job for an extra $100 in your pocket every week...I was not allowed to have another campus job with this job and the pay was not good.
Rutgers is a great place to work!
Spinning Instructor (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJMay 20, 2018
I have worked for UMDNJ (now Rutgers) since 1993. I work full time for Rutgers Cancer Institute and teach classes part time for Rutgers Recreation. I love working for Rutgers. However, at this point in my life, I would like to transition to a fitness career and Rutgers cannot offer me the hours that I require.
I enjoyed working her .
Facilities and Management Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 19, 2018
It was definiteky the perfect environment for my first job. I felt safe, and was happy to come to work every day. I learned a lot from my supervisor and superiors. They were very friendly and respectful
Good Job Good Opportunities
Public Polling Researcher, Eagleton Institute (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 17, 2018
The work was fairly simple and easy to understand. I gained a lot of people skills and felt more comfortable talking about politics and issues. There wasn't much of a workplace culture, employees mainly kept to themselves, but they were always available for help if you needed it.
The job is what you make it
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 14, 2018
Overall a good work experience. Just wish the pay was better. The students are a mix of entitled/ unenthusiastic and brilliant/inspiring. But mostly brilliant. I'm impressed with the level of ingenuity these students possess. They just need to have it brought out of them.
Could be a great opportunity if you have the right connections
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 11, 2018
There are good people who work there. Unfortunately if you are not in with the right people you will never advance. Educational requirements are not what count, it is who you are connected to.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Favoritism
relaxed environment
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 10, 2018
It was a flexible job that is relaxed. It can get crazy on busy days, but the coworkers and work culture compensates. The low wages were unfair. Working hard labor should reward more than minimum wage
Pros
work culture
Cons
low wage
fair to stay
Pre-Doctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 4, 2018
many labs to co-works eath other, but lower salary than other private universities. depends on working style of PI in the lab, your life and work balance is determined
Fantastic
Internship Student Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJApril 30, 2018
Worked an internship in school psychology and it was fantastic. Great way to get experience in my field. Would absolutely recommend to others looking to get their feet wet.
Good University, lots of oppportunites
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Core buildingApril 28, 2018
Rutgers University is a massive State school with plenty of opportunities for it's students to gain a footing in life. The faculty is all very helpful and will assist you when confused.
Great management, fun and exciting workplace.
SCREAM Athlete Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJApril 28, 2018
Working at Rutgers was and continues to be a great experience. The work we do is cutting edge and exciting, which is very rewarding. Additionally, the pay was great and it is an ideal part time job.
Great co workers
Op Registration Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 26, 2018
Great and diverse work environment. Always room to learn new information. Great communication with management. Very diverse group of people. Awesome community work.
Great interaction with all students
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJApril 26, 2018
Worked with all kinds of students, faculty and staff.
I am currently looking for another job that will challenge my abilities as a Senior Administrative Assistant.
Pros
Always learning something
Cons
Judgmental at times.
Challenging and rewarding work place.
Coadjutant Faculty (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJApril 26, 2018
Teaching large classes requires a lot of advanced organizing and planning in order to increase the student engagement in learning. Grading their assignments and providing feedback in large classes would be very challenging. Therefore, well organized syllabus and rubric on assignments will help managing these large classes.
Productive and Fun
Leadership Development Program (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJApril 22, 2018
Room for advancement and personal growth. The professional development you will gain here is indespensible. It is a challenging position but extremely rewarding
Student
Mentoring Intern (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJApril 20, 2018
I was a student at Rutgers University. I've heard a lot of people say it is harder than a lot of other colleges, but you are getting a quality education. All of the professors are helpful and knowledgeable in their field.
Chef & Manager (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJApril 20, 2018
good place to work with great benefits and training. The hours were challenging and was a key factor in my leaving. Work culture was a typical union environment, with its challenge.
Lots of Fun
Campaign Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJApril 19, 2018
I loved Rutgers. Its a great place to be and a great environment. There are many people who attend school there. New Brunswick is a great place to be in. The town is nice and clean.
Great environment, great management
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJApril 11, 2018
Nothing negative can really be said about being in the Rutgers environment. Teamwork, leadership, and presentation skills are amongst the many skills learned. Coworkers/peers and management makes Rutgers that much more enjoyable.
fun workplace
Office Assistant to Marsha Dickson Head Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 7, 2018
A typical day will include me taking down note, messages from other workers when the boss is out the office and just maintaining her office while she is gone.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rutgers University. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.6Fairygodboss Score

60%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

40%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss