Rutgers University

Rutgers University Employee Reviews

United States1,179 reviews
Found 1,179 reviews matching the search
Assistant
Part-time employment. Work under several project managers. Daily task of documentation of on-going construction projects. Recommend for college students.
Great place to work alongside taking classes. Flexible schedule and positive work environment.
This job was great to have while taking classes at Rutgers. The pay was fair and the schedule was very flexible which helped to not let work get in the way of studying. The management is positive and encourages students to do their best while teaching them to be responsible.
A very sexist and discriminatory environment!
A very sexist and discriminatory environment! Does not suppport diversity. A culture that is not inclusive, the leadership is not team oriented. Does not support employee success. Worse working environment In my 37 year work history Rutgers is full of silos and empire builders.
Good career
No advancement, when asked,you get the run around. The pay is the lowest but the union fights hard to get better pay. Managers very friendly and supportive.
Pros
Manager
Cons
Pay low
great college to teach for very flexible
I enjoyed teaching and now teaching online. I was teaching clinical in the hospital and now I am teaching online. This was my first experience teaching since graduation. I had a total of 16 students during the last 6 weeks of clinical as Covid-19 took over and students were no longer coming into hospital all teaching was online.
Fair
Very large organization that is difficult to navigate. Many policies and rules are vague making it quite a challenge. Pay was very competitive and the health benefits are excellent but not cheap.
good working environment
People here are very friendly. Everybody works together and the Managers are very friend and not on top of you. The work here is fairly easy to get use to quick.
Great school job
Friendly environment, flexible work schedule, and higher than minimum wage pay. Job requires alot of customer or guest interaction, so it helps you learn communication skills.
An outstanding institution which prides itself on integrity, academics, and development of others.
During my employment at Rutgers, I have felt like a member a community of educators who share similar goals and objectives. We are supported, encouraged, and provided incentives for inspirational and exceptional work. I am currently working on a major publication that will enhance my career. My supervisor and staff have been most supportive throughout this process affording me the time, resources and facilities to complete my project. I am grateful for this opportunity. I believe this caring-sharing environment has made me a better teacher, researcher, and writer.
Productive and fun environment at work.
There was opportunity to learn and my supervisor provided guidance on the daily basis. I worked on various research projects throughout my work experience.
I like the cultural diversity
I really enjoy teaching the students at Rutgers University. The student population is very diverse. The staff are friendly and provide assistance as needed.
Interesting place to work that values employees.
The work environment was supportive. I received good on the job training. Good health benefits. Some positions are subject to grant funding, which can lead to layoffs.
challanging and rewarding
job was rewarding in that every day there was something new and different going on, managing a group of technicians in different fields and experience levels was challenging but we got through it without any issues.
Mobile response is a rewarding entry level position
i enjoy working with children and families at Children's Mobile Response of Essex County. The families we serve are afforded an opportunity to receive therapeutic support despite their ability to pay
Productive and fun workplace
Working in the RU Telefund can be pretty good considering the benefits it provides for students, and the comfy work environment with flexible schedules. Although the job is mostly sedentary and can get very dull after a while, the managers try to make it enjoyable by setting up board games, puzzles, and coloring sheets for the employees. Despite this, the average work-day can be grueling, and starting can be very tough. Although training is provided, it doesn't really prepare you well enough to know how to work the scripts provided, since they're mostly open and vary from each alumni being called. Nevertheless, it's a fair job to earn extra money in college.
enjoyed my time there
managment did not interact in a positive manner for and with the individual to accomplish their assignment. they saw everything in a negative eye.
Pros
no free lunches except if you are on an extended overtime situation
Cons
too many ex military bosses
Management was incapable of listening to direct reports to interact in completing work assignments and meet goals for proper effectiveness.
The most highly toxic work environment I ever held a job at. Management was nothing more than people micro-managing
their direct reports to make it look like they were accomplishing

goals to their senior administration. I'm glad I was involved in

the University-wide layoff (in 2014) because it relieved me of

being constrained in a non-productive workplace that actively

held people back (from promotion) if they did not fit the profile

racially and socially.
Pros
Non
Cons
Read review.
Fun place to work
Getting an education at a discount is the best part. It is hard work but worth it. Admissions is very friendly and the entrepreneurship classes are excellent.
Productive Lifeguard Position
Ensured constant safety of patrons and provided first aid when needed. Attended all in-service training to stay up to date with lifeguarding skills. Organized pool accordingly for specific functions that were being held.
Great State Benefits
This employer offers excellent benefits including retirement (PERS,401K), tuition reimbursement, paid time off and state medical benefits. I enjoyed working with my coworkers.
A good place to work but job security could be better.
A good place to work but job security could be better. I love what I do and the people I work with, but since my contract is semester to semester, I never know what the future is going to hold.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rutgers University. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2
Ratings from women
2.8
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight