Ruth's Chris Steak House Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Working at Ruth's Chris STeak House
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 13, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Ruth's Chris. A typical day at work included: stocking the bar for the morning and night shift, greeting all guests and making them feel welcome as soon as they walked in, getting to know guests and referring to them by name, making suggestions and upselling, and making sure their experience was something to rave about.
Management was always helpful, and professional.
The hardest part of the job was working on Holidays. I can honestly say that was the only thing I did not like about my job.
I loved the people I worked with, they were a joy and really made work a fun place.
Pros
The money I made, and experience and knowledge i gained.
Cons
Working on Holidays.
servicios a enpleados
Kitchen Assistant/ Mr. Jessy (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 9, 2018
mui buena comunicacion prebencion de acidentes linpiesa general diaria mui buen servicio gram menu grasias
Pros
n/a
Cons
3 time
social and business wisdom
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJAugust 6, 2018
get the side work, prepare the area of work and team. To socialized and sale. Management overall was helpful. Just learned to work with different people. The hardest part of the job was timing. the most enjoyable part of the job was to learn from all the clients.
Pros
Weekly pay, money, learning customer service
Cons
worked on holidays, hours, hard to move up
Lets just say i enjoy the people i work with.
Key Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2018
They insist on you keeping your promises to the company but can't deliver the promises they owe to you. This has been an on going thing and unfortunately has just been getting worse and worse lately.
Pros
employee meal
Fun productive work environment
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 2, 2018
Very active and busy environment, very relaxed. Learned to balance heavy trays, work with others and communicate with the guests, Management was great always helped when it was needed, workplace culture was broad and variety, hardest part was the busy nights but maintained a good environment. Most enjoyable was getting to meet many good people
great work enviornment.
service assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 26, 2018
clock in figure out guest reservations so you can prepare accordingly, a meal is prepared for you by the cooks in the back. your allowed to eat a shift meal everyday before work. you cut bread loafs for the guest and prepare butter cups for the bread,then you start your shift.
Pros
daily shift meals for all employees.
Cons
being on call
productive and fun work space
Pantry Cook (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 22, 2018
I got along with everyone there. We had fun there.but when it was time for us to work we worked hard. We were a family there and I liked that. We helped each other out whenever somebody needed it unless we was busy.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no breaks
One of my favorite jobs so far!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 18, 2018
Absolutely loved my coworkers, the staff, the franchise owners, and so much more. It felt like a family more than anything else and people were always there to offer a helping hand.
Family like environment
Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAJuly 17, 2018
I worked at Ruth’s Chris Dteak House for 4 years. Ever since the day I started all employees and management were very nice a polite. They all just tried to help me do my best. I am looking for somewhere a bit closer to my house to work since I live in terrytown and Metairie is a bit of a hike.
Pros
Employee meals every day
Cons
No breaks
Professional
Bartender and Server (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJuly 12, 2018
Typical day at work : Set bar up make freshly squeeze juices. Polish silverware. The speed of making drinks and customers happy. Great management team. The culture is fine dining and top notch service. Hardest part of the job being understaffed. The most enjoyable part of the job is making my customers happy and make sure they enjoy their visit.
Pros
no pros
Cons
No Breaks, No Health care
Ok
Server (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 11, 2018
Ruths chris is a great place to work other than the fact, that most places now a days franchise and thus they were much better because corporate restaurants are the worst type of food people and having worked in them will never dine in them. I want a restaurant that is about the guest first and foremost. Ruth's chris 'Cary' was and im speaking in terms of 2015-16.5. My food blog will be available shortly
Pros
Work Life
Cons
Mediocre
Hostess
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 8, 2018
Being a hostess at Ruths Chris Steakhouse has been a great experience while being in college. Everyone is very friendly which makes it easy to enjoy my job.
Great company
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 5, 2018
Worked for the company for over seven years and never had a complaint. But lately the management team has been reshuffled and no longer fits my needs nor respects my seniority
Pantry Cook, Broil Cook (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJuly 2, 2018
I love the amount of responsibilities they put on you.
The atmosphere was great and stressful at times.
I loved working here and challenge myself everyday to get better and faster.
Great Place to Work!
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 28, 2018
Ruth Chris is a wonderful place to work, the staff was always courteous and team motivated. Everyone helped each other when stressful situations arose.
Pros
Staff Meals
Cons
Nights, weekends and holidays.
great place to work
Coach/Host/Server/Bartender/Key Employee (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 26, 2018
great place to work, room for advancement, great compensation, flexible hours(only open for five hours 7 days a week) management is okay, great structure
Serving job with great benefits for full-time employees
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 26, 2018
Ruth's is a great company to work for if you're in the food service industry. The pay is phenomenal. The food sells itself. The tip-out percentage is very high which is a problem for many. PTO, sick days, and health insurance are available for anyone who works more than 23 hours a week.
Pros
50% off employee meals and when dining as a guest
Cons
Open 365 days a year
Server, Hostess, Server Assistant, Trainer (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 22, 2018
Great place to work, the best managers I have ever had, If my life did not become more demanding I would never leave. This job has by far been the best I ever had.
Pros
employee meal, co-workers are more like family
Cons
Work is hard on your body
I loved Ruths Chris
Banquet Server/Setup (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 19, 2018
One of my favorite jobs ever, but in all honesty the Management sucks, and the general manager is possibly one of the rudest people I have met in my entire life. The work was great, people amazing, great food and pay, but in the end its not worth it to be insulted and degrading on a daily bases.
Review
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 16, 2018
Underpay and overwork management with no appreciation. Understaffing management and high turnover due to high pressure, long hours and low pay. No life work balance.
Pros
Discounts and benefits
Cons
Long hours and little support