RV Horizons Employee Reviews

2.5
Ratings breakdown
nice place to work
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Cedaredge, COJuly 23, 2018
nice place to work. upper management constantly changing things makes it tough to learn job. like working with residents.. overall its a great job
Pros
ability to move up in company
Cons
constant change of employees
Poor managment provided a stressful work invierment
Lead Maintenance (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJune 27, 2018
Day began either at 7or8 depending on the weather. The work was all ways different but interesting but do2 poor managment an a lack of employees the work was a lot harder than it should have been
Pros
Not to many to name but i guess the hours wer good
Cons
A lack of leadership
Overall a decent company to work for.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 27, 2018
I believe at the time I was employed with RV Horizons they were undergoing several changes and had recently purchased the property in which I was employed.
Dont waste your time
Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 2, 2018
All this company cares about is the bottom line. They don't care about residents, their properties, or their field level staff. Senior management has no clue how to manage mobile home communities. Their business strategy is raise rents, pay their site level staff as little as possible, and put no money back into the communities. Their accounting departments is horrible, they lose invoices and take months to pay vendors. This company will sell mobile homes that they don't even own and then aren't able to give residents title to the mobile home they bought. Its just a matter of time before this company is involved in a class action lawsuit from its residents.
Pros
Cons
Poor Senior Leadership, Poor work culture, Poor work/life balance
I would never recommend anyone to work for this company
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Cedaredge, COApril 3, 2018
I have never worked with such a lousy management team in my life. There is no proper training on anything, you are forced to learn as you go and are fed to the wolves. When there is an issue, don't expect anyone to help you, because they won't. I had an issue with another co-worker, so I went to my boss, and he did nothing; I went to his boss, and he did nothing; so on and so forth-- I made my way all the way up to HR and still nobody batted an eye. Talk about feeling like you mean nothing to a company when they claim to do everything for their employees...
Cut throat Management position
Property Manager in Residence (Former Employee) –  Hilbert, WIApril 2, 2018
Dealing with the residents was stressful enough but 80 percent of them were/are fantastic people. It was the severe lack of management and inept and ethically corrupt district management that made day to day tasks very stressful to deal with.
run away as fast as you can
Co-Manager/Manager (Former Employee) –  Hilbert, WIMarch 4, 2018
Because our office was located in our home. Were never able to get away from the job. And you were expected to work around the clock 24/7 And never once thanked for your devotion.
The plus side was the tenants and the personal interaction.
Pros
free lot rent
Cons
never able to get away from the job. Never once thanked
The most enjoyable part of the job:
Sales and Marketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COFebruary 1, 2018
Being busy, I loved it! and my coworkers. All the Community Managers great people! I really liked working for them and felt I did a good job. I always looked forward to going to work .
Pros
Great people to work with !
Cons
The pay and commissions were low.
Poor management
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 26, 2017
Unreasonable expectations, excessive phone conferences (2-3 weekly) & daily reports is one of the reasons it was hard to work for this company. The job was extremely stressful due to middle management constantly creating problems between staff members at the site level.

When upper management would show up at the property, they only wasted the staffs time, rarely did they provide help, answers or guidance that was needed. They micromanage and scrutinize every move and refused to listen to the staff about ways to improve the property.

The employee turnover is outrageous! I worked at the company for two years and had nine different bosses, which is unheard of. Upper management likes to surround themselves with "Yes Sir/Ma'am" people but they are quick to throw them under the bus when the heat is on!!
This is not a good place to work!
Pros
The company allowed casual attire to be worn.
Cons
Micromanage, poor management, high employee turnover
Manager
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXNovember 15, 2017
The best part of the job was dealing with our residents. The hardest part was all the reports that had to be done on a weekly basis. A typical day when not on confrence calls was talking to potentinal new tenants.
Company needed to treat employees fair
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXNovember 1, 2017
Only gave one star because you had to put something.
Company should of treated loyal employees better instead of hiring people who were hostile to their former employer so they were allowed to fire good, loyal employees to hire their friends. Now unethical and some illegal things are taking place.
Pros
Cons
Corporate
Great place to work but busy
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cedaredge, COOctober 3, 2017
This company is constantly growing, which gives great opportunity for employees, but can be difficult to manage. There are many changes occurring, and a lot of new employees all of the time. Overall everyone is very nice and willing to help one another.
Pros
great employees
Cons
lots of changes
At first seems like a very will legitimate company to work for until the cutthroat actions of the property manager and or maintenance supervisor came
Acting Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 21, 2017
I was brought on to be an assistant maintenance supervisor then my supervisor had been fired for illegal reasons I was in it intern promised the position put in many 60 plus hour weeks before I was passed up for the position and then terminated for reasons which had nothing to do with myself pretty much put in my heart and soul and making residents happy and was thrown away like a piece of trash in the Wind so the property manager could employ friends from previous company she had worked for.
Pros
Allowed to live on site no deposite or first month rent
Cons
Staff unprofessionalism
It all depends who your boss is and where you are located...
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  MidwestAugust 20, 2017
I have had an above average experience with the company probably due to my prior experience in the industry.
My bosses are both cool, and easy to get along with. If you do what you're asked and try your best, you probably are secure in your position. Many community managers do not do what they are asked and are reprimanded for it... and then complain about it. CM's aren't asked to do anything unreasonable. We do have to do all of our own marketing which I am not real fond of.
Work place culture is good. You work independently generally, and do not have a boss around a majority of the time. 95% +
Hardest part of the job for my area is sales. No one qualifies for sales, aka financing. It is rare someone is approved, and has the money for a down payment, which really hurts your bonus potential.
Working alone and independently is great. You make your schedule, prioritize things as you need to.
There's a ton of turnover. Therefore if you do your best and succeed minimally, you will be appreciated.
Pros
Work independently, take breaks as needed, good pay, decent benefits, good hours
Cons
Bonuses are hard to cash into (in my area), policies change frequently, different answers depending who you ask
Not good
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cedaredge, COAugust 8, 2017
The previous reviews were dead on when they said there was a high turn over.
There are some really nice people there but too many time people were blamed for things they either did not do or was out of their control. When reprimanded people were not talk to so that they could learn and grow, but just let go. Mostly I saw for poor reasons, Sad really because some of the people were good workers but let go because they could not get the amount of work completed in the time frame given.
Pros
Good benifit package
Cons
bad management of employees
Not worth the headache
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Montevideo, MNAugust 2, 2017
All they are after is putting money in there pockets. They don't pay What the job is worth. They want stuff don't quick and cheep but don't care if it's done correct.
Do not work here, they do not care about employees or tenants
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 21, 2017
This company claims to base their work ethics on the "Southwest Airlines"policy. Far from it. Upper management fails to do their job and in return fires the little people to cover up their negligence. Treat employees like dirt. Give substandard housing to managers to live in and won't approve repairs. Their pay is 45% below average for the work they expect. Won't allow emplotmyees to exercise their religious beliefs, has supervisors who do drugs with tenants and sleeps with vendors. Guess that's why they say their new motto is the inverted pyramid.
They violate fair housing and employment laws. Discriminate against women employees.
Pros
Few good tenants
Cons
Work ethics, benefits, time off
Do not seek employment through rv horizons.....
Maintence Worker (Former Employee) –  Pratt, KSJune 1, 2017
This company is so unorganized it isnt funny. They set you up for failure, let alone the wages are nothing less than a joke. Waiting for approvals on material and having them be canceled
Went through several different managers
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Yankton, SDApril 27, 2017
No job security, went through several different managers in a matter of 3 years. And everyone of them changed rules as they wanted. Never anything steady. Always wanted to fix things as cheap as possible and put things off as much as they can. They also had very bad sewer issue and didn't fix it correctly!!! Very crappie place to work
Pros
Free lot rent
Cons
Everything else
Great oppertunity
Michigan area manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 6, 2017
this is a great opportunity to learn and build skills as well as network and build you contacts but not long term they do not care about employees they just want money and if you stand up for your self at all you will be fired