RVNAhealth

RVNAhealth Employee Reviews

United States7 reviews
Good Communication
The best part for me working with RVNA is having good relationship and good communication with all the people in the office. No benefits but good in scheduling and time off so I can spent time with my kids.
Rebranding of the agency will hopefully bring change
This agency is in transition with high turnover- both voluntary and terminated. Over the last two years many changes have taken place that have placed profits over the patients served. A non-profit that has lost its way and seeks to make money rather than truly helping those in need. Management is inexperienced with a top down approach. Long hours, stressful and understaffed. Nurses and therapists are overworked and burning out. A very disappointing and unresponsive administration- they do not listen to the employees.
Meaningful work with smart & supportive coworkers
I have worked for organizations of all sizes - from thousands of employees to just a handful. I can honestly say that RVNAhealth has been my favorite employer. I work with smart and supportive people who intensely care about what we do and the lives that we impact. We do meaningful work -- but we also have fun in the community! These are just some of the many reasons it’s a source of great pride for me to say that I work for RVNAhealth.
I think the enthusiasm and dedication among staff comes from the top down. The CEO, Theresa Santoro, is the most engaged top executive I have ever had the pleasure to work for. She’s a former RN herself, which is how she came to what was called Ridgefield Visiting Nurse Association many years ago. Her having both the clinical and business acumen has allowed the organization to be on the incredible growth trajectory it’s been on during the last decade or so. I would absolutely recommend RVNAhealth to anyone interested in being part of a dynamic healthcare organization where you can grow (and be challenged) and feel appreciated every day.
New name, same problems
When I joined RVNA, I never anticipated leaving. It is located in beautiful Ridgefield CT in a brand new building surrounded by quaint shops and eateries. I was saddened to watch truly amazing employees leave week after week after week. I quickly learned that the caseloads were becoming unmanageable for the nurses, leading to burnout. What initially felt innovative quickly revealed itself to be nothing more than being involved in too many things at once rather than mastering what it was built on, high quality healthcare. The low compensation made attracting high quality talent near impossible. This agency has such potential but its foundation is crumbling.
Pros
Beautiful location
Cons
Unprofessional work environment, poor compensation
Official response from RVNAhealth
October 24, 2019
Thank you for your kind words describing our brand-new facility. RVNAhealth is centrally located in beautiful downtown Ridgefield and we’ve become a growing Center for Exceptional Care to all community members across 28 towns. We expect and deliver only the best for our patients and the towns we serve. Our professional staff, who's tenure ranges from one year to 25 years of service, believe in our mission, are committed to the agency and to our patients and understand the unique challenges of our industry. These same tenured staff has endured a continuously changing healthcare landscape without compromising patient care. We strive to grow and invest in all our employees and we are sorry to hear your experience was not reflective of us as an organization.
Review
I believe it makes sense this company is rebranding. RVNA has struggled significantly over the past couple years. They struggle to maintain staff due to unfair compensation and expectations. They had quite a few staff quit on the spot due to being asked to compromise good care and lie to patients about what they were eligible for because as an agency they could not provide. Due to shortage of staff we were asked to lie to patients about what the we’re entitled to. This is a top heavy company who lacks basic human decency. I would not recommend RVNA to anyone , professionally or personally
Official response from RVNAhealth
October 24, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that your employment experience at RVNAhealth was not a positive one. Our re-branding initiative deliberately preserves the organization’s legacy and roots, yet now also conveys the breadth and depth of services we offer and the expanded region we serve. The new name RVNAhealth aligns to the organization’s mission, vision, and commitment to address the lifetime care and wellness needs of individuals as well as communities. Our professional staff believe in our mission and are committed to the agency and to our patients. Patient care is our top priority which is evident through favorable survey results received by the Department of Public Health (DPH) and Community Health Accreditation Partner (CHAP).
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
A Really Great Place to Go to Work Everyday
RVNAhealth is a growing company, but remains true to its humble roots. The organization is well-known in the communities it serves and has a great reputation. The senior leadership are some of the most qualified I've encountered and are very aware of their staff. They know their names, will greet them, and pay attention to hard work... they are also appreciative of it and will acknowledge it. There are busy times of year where you will work more than 40 hours per week. In my experience, this is very typical in the nonprofit sector. The majority of staff members are friendly and supportive and more than willing to help. Overall, a really great place to go to work everyday!
Great stable company with opportunities for growth
The organization's culture is amazing. Although the agency is mid-sized, you still get a sense of working for a smaller agency where your contributions are valued and meaningful. The agency has been through somewhat of a transition but I believe it helped them prepare for the growth they have been experiencing. With the change in reimbursements, I believe there is stability with this agency.
Pros
culture, agency size, growth
Ask a question about working or interviewing at RVNAhealth. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9