RWJBarnabas Health Employee Reviews

Found 1,260 reviews matching the search See all 1,263 reviews
Incompetent and unfair management
MRI Charge Technologist (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJDecember 13, 2018
Unprofressional work ethics, environment and management
Good to get hired and post on resume but not for patient care or experienced or loyal or ethical employees.
Management doesn't care about employees and forces financial situation on you versus patient care and education
Immensely challenging and yet deeply rewarding behavioral health experience
Staff Nurse - Behavioral Health (Current Employee) –  Long Branch JJDecember 11, 2018
Working in the behavioral health unit is immensely challenging and yet deeply rewarding. That area is not for everyone. Some nurses think that psyche nursing is easy. That's often because they either do not or really care or do not understand the level of compassion that such patients need.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Tremendous potential for violence.
good
Radiology Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 10, 2018
would recommend working here good benefits staff are very welcoming commute is not bad don't really have any cons cant speak for the entire hospital. I have no complaints
Hard earned money
Emergency room tech (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 8, 2018
It’s a great place to work for the most part. As long as you come and do your job you’ll be fine. You grow to love a few of your work buddies some become family
Place overal has changed for the worse
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJDecember 7, 2018
It was the best place to work for when I first started there. Just before it merged with Saint Barnabas they started to treat employees like robots not like family, which is how it was before. Now that they merged they got rid of everyone, so they could hire inexperienced people for less money. It’s horrible,
Pros
I had a decent 401k when I left
Cons
Started only worry about the bottom line....money
Happy at Work
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Old Bridge, NJDecember 5, 2018
All jobs have there hacks , but I am happy with my job and the role I play.

I love the location of my job and the pt's bring me joy when they appreciate would I do for them
Great work place environment overall
Nursing Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 5, 2018
A typical work day for me can start off normal pace but can become quick paced at any moment. There is opportunity for learning daily. My unit manager is a great person to work with.
Pros
Advancement opportunity
Cons
short staffed sometimes
Cmmc
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Belleville, NJDecember 4, 2018
Coworkers and staff are amazing helpful people to work with. Hospital it self is often under staffed which leads to working under dangerous conditions.
growth
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 3, 2018
Rwjbh allows for growth and will help in many ways to get you to your highest potential. There are flexible, but they expect you to work hard so you can play hard as well.
As and RN I had worked with Saint Barnabas health for over one year.
RN Staff (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 30, 2018
It was fast paced,unfriendly crowd, Bosses were rude and discriminating ,less pay, could take less breaks. I would come home very tired and unhappy. I wolu not recommend anyone to work in this Hospital or health care System.
Cons
very short breakes
very nice place to work
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NY 10457November 28, 2018
i am greeted every morning with a smile
friendly staff and executives are very much into productive and informative productivity.
I have been there for 13 years and will probably retire there
Overall a good place to learn and grow
Attending Physician/Hospitalist (Current Employee) –  Long Branch, NJNovember 27, 2018
Fun to teach the residents and medical students
COO and committee chairs intent on making improvements.
Overall a good place to learn and grow though old boys club in the doctor's lounge is annoying.
Pros
adminstrative staff is helpful, informative
Cons
old boys club in the doctor's lounge
fast paced workplace
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJNovember 26, 2018
If you are willing to learn quickly and work hard this position is will be rewarding. the Access center is open 24/7 and there is staff on every shift. At the time when I left a lot of changes were being implemented. There were also a lot o kinks being worked out with the different changes. the overnight shift has little to no access to a supervisor when something goes wrong or a decision requires supervisory review/ approval.
Pros
extensive training period with a dedicated trainer
Cons
little to no access to supervisor on overnight shift
Unorganized, stressful. Empolyees in supply chain are unhappy
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Oceanport, NJNovember 25, 2018
Leadership is micromanaging. Buyers, Speciality Buyers and Customer service work non-stop for little pay.
The environment is very stressful and KPI standards are difficult.
Department looks for people with high credentials and wants excellence on work but does not pay remotely close to what these 3 teams deserve.
The work load is very heavy, most positions here always start cleaning up someone else's work mess.

Leadership takes away breaks on occasions when we are low on staff or they believe we will be busier. This makes empolyees very unhappy.

The system bullies you into using vacation time rather than sick time because you can't have more than 3 sick days in 6 months.
Pros
Stability, Health Benefits, Discounts, Coworkers
Cons
Leadership, Pto, Salary, Negative enviroment
Excellent staff and committed management
Post Anesthesia Care Unit Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Community Medical CenterNovember 19, 2018
If you are willing to work and give your best all the companies are good. First think what you can do for the company and then let the company take care of you
Employee lifestyle is bad
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Oceanport, NJNovember 17, 2018
Company always wants to hear your opinions but implements no change.
Non clinical employees are pushed to the side, the company directs all their attention to clinical empolyees and making their work environment better.
Poor pay, lack of leadership, stressful environment. Managers are understanding for the most part but Leadership teams expect you to perform like your working an executive position for an under average salary a year 35,000 to 50,000.
When work increases/empolyees go on leave instead of finding alternatives on how to distrubute the workload... the workload doubles for certian empolyees the leadership team decides to choose and no incentives are offered.

Company offers Behealthy programs which no one has time to do during the day because of the workload.
System is unorganized and stressful.
Pros
Health Benefits, stable job
Cons
Pay, leadership, advancement, Pto
Fast paced
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJNovember 15, 2018
Was a totally new job out of my comfort zone. Fast paced but never boring. Nice people. Different technology to learn. Needed more support and help with learning to tasks at hand.
Pros
pay
Cons
not enough training
Cut throat and mean management
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJNovember 15, 2018
Very mean management !
Poor training they just throw you in and than blame you for things you didn’t even do. Awful management that would sell you down the river and throw you under a bus without a second thought. I do not recommend high turn over they suck you in and spit you out and get the next batch in. Lots of nepotism in this industry you only get in if you know someone and even when that happens it doesn’t get you very far once you have the job here.

Not recommend unless you like stress and a hostile management.
Pros
Long breaks, day shift leaves earlier
Cons
Bad management, no benefits, no paid time off, working holidays
Just an internship
Development Department Intern (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJNovember 13, 2018
I can't give much of a review since this was just a semester internship. The office was quiet. It's a basically just busy work that they don't feel like doing themselves so you don't get much out of it.
loved working at Robert Wood
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Bound Brook, NJNovember 13, 2018
amazing job, wonderful co-workers--hated to leave but got married and moved to Southport, North Carolina.
Worked part-time but was looking for full time--when special projects were available at corporate, I worked full time hours.
Pros
loved my job
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RWJBarnabas Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight