RWJBarnabas Health Employee Reviews

Found 1,313 reviews matching the search See all 1,316 reviews
Good Hospital to work in.
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 19, 2019
Very busy place I don't mind the work, good environment for learning but the expectation is so high. And there is no work/life balance. There is too much politics.
Its a busy place
Cardiac Critical Care Unit Representative (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJMarch 19, 2019
SBMC is a great place to work but lately its all politic to make the hospital bigger but at the same time they forgotten about the employees and too many of them left or transfer to another facility.
I had 22 great yrs but then again its all work, work and work to do better.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Nice place to work only because of my co-workers
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Township of Hamilton, NJMarch 19, 2019
Only a nice place to work because of my co-workers. Not respectful of their employees and do not compensate according to skills and experience. Newly hired employees are making the same salary or more than employees with 5+ years service to the company who do much more than they are as a new employee.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Salary, respect for employees
Rwj
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 19, 2019
RWJ sets the bar for nursing. The hospital respects nursing staff fosters new nurses and prepares you to care for patients of all types. As a level one trauma center there are many specialties that provide services at RWJNB
Great company to work for
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJMarch 14, 2019
RWJBarnabas gives room for change. It is a great company to work for with management who cares for their emplyees. They have been very accommodating with my schedule especially with child care issues
I like working with different people
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Belleville, NJMarch 13, 2019
it does not even matter how loyal you have been to THAT company, all that matters is who you know, and that's sad because a lot of people are leaving for not being treated fairly.
Pros
Cons
alot of favortism
IT Intern
IT Field Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 13, 2019
Workplace culture is great, everyone is friendly. Learned many sides of IT in a hospital setting. Everything from Android Device Encryption to using Lan Desk for inventory.
Poor company to work for
Security Guard, Dept. of Security (Current Employee) –  Gibsonia, PAMarch 12, 2019
Not the best place to work. Management isn't the greatest. Work/life balance isn't good. Poor environment & communication isn't good either. Asking for time off is hard to get.
Per Diem Nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rahway, NJMarch 12, 2019
I worked at St. Barnabas as a per diem float nurse. I gained knowledge working with cardiac, orthopedic and medical-surgical patients. I left this position to work full time for Addus.
safe and warm environment
Lead Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJMarch 12, 2019
Assisting clients with daily living skills, being able to create comfort while in a hospital is rewarding. You learn to have compassion, and patience. All staff members were very communicative and professional. I enjoyed meeting new people.
Pros
working on different hospital units learning about post care, rehabilitation burn victims and child care
Cons
when you do all you can to make them better and a client still face difficulties

Want to know more about RWJBarnabas Health?

Ask a question
Manager
Manager (Current Employee) –  Somerville, NJ and Hamilton, NJMarch 12, 2019
So much emphasis on financial performance that important functions are sometimes compromised.
Some years we had no raises, even when significant changes were made to cost of health benefits.
This organization is extremely inconsistent; each location varies considerably. Some areas are filthy.
Local HR is understaffed. A lot of nepotism. Some very unprofessional leaders and some great ones.
Pros
Pto
Cons
financial performance, capital investment, leadership
Great
Unit Representative (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJMarch 7, 2019
Have been working there for over 6 year now as a unit clerk. Have Seen clerks become nurses, nurses become nurse practicitoners, and residents become doctors. The culture there is collaborative. The pay is decent for what we do at the job. It is very flexible in terms of being a nursing student myself. Management always works with my hectic school schedule.
Productive and comfortable
Same Day Surgery Secretary (Current Employee) –  Same Day SurgeryMarch 5, 2019
As my second job this per diem shift worked well with my full time day job. It was very productive and really enjoyed being able to help out when I was needed.
Pros
per diem
Cons
worked when I wanted to
Fun workplace
Floor Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton Square, NJMarch 3, 2019
The director wasn’t the best but all the supervisors are very helpful and push you to become a successful productive member of the company. Constantly changing work environment allows constant growth
Rwjbh nb
Assistant Access Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMarch 3, 2019
Good Place of Employment to have on your resume. As far as Patient Access goes most supervisors have a hard time with backing up their staff and have high rates of turnovers within the department and company.
Exciting place to start a nursing career.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Belleville, NJMarch 2, 2019
Challenging and exciting place to work. The teamwork in my unit is excellent. It is a good place to start your nursing career. The company is supportive in advancing your skills and education.
Pros
awesome perks
Cons
short breaks
Good learning hospital, but heavy work flow
CLINICAL CARE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJFebruary 26, 2019
A typical day requires you to walk at least 20,000 steps a day. There's a lot of responsibility with the job, but it's rewarding in the end if it's the type of work you choose to do. The day goes by quickly because I like what I do and there's just so much to do you don't have time to look at the clock. And I like being on my feet
Cardiac Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJFebruary 21, 2019
Great hospital to work in and progress with in the hospital. Educational opportunities to be able to provide great services as well move up with in the hospital or job you would like to have.
Pros
Grow Within the company
Cons
n/a
Poor management since Quest took over
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJFebruary 20, 2019
Poor management leads to poor scheduling/staffing, unexpected doubles and overtime. They are slow to enact any change no matter how positive it may be (cause of money), reticent to listen to complaints/suggestions. Good workers are exploited to make up for the ones who don't work as hard/well. Management does little to control the belligerent minority, leading to a toxic work culture where people are rewarded for mediocre work and bad attitudes while good workers lose hope. A good majority of us are tired and jaded.
Sadly, this is quite common in most labs I have worked. So I suppose I can sum up by saying this is a run of the mill lab?
Pros
Decent pay if you negotiate
Cons
Toxic work culture, poor management, poor staffing
Its a decent place to work.
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Livingston, NJFebruary 19, 2019
Overall its not a bad place to work. The majority of the employees work together. We help each other to get the job done. The problem is staffing. We are not always fully staff. While you accumulate sick days your only allowed to used 4 a year.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
No place for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RWJBarnabas Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight