RWJBarnabas Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,028 reviews matching the search See all 1,031 reviews
Great experience
Cat Scan Technologist (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJAugust 14, 2018
Awesome place to learn ...the real deal. Nice pay... Decent benefits...good teamwork ethics. Nice management styke. It is fast paced but they will give you the tools you need to perform your job.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Schedule
A wonderful place to work as an employer especailly for your growth of your career.
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 8, 2018
I've had 2 to 3 job positions there 2 temporary the experience was very lovely there. You can actually build your growth of career working for bananas. What I love about working for facility is that out of all my job positions is that your continuously busy and on your feet as an example for the job description of housekeeping there are 7 steps of cleaning and the methods of it your dependable and how much people appreciate you and that your job role is very important to others than yourself.
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Livingston, NJ 07039August 2, 2018
I absolutely love my job as a staffing coordinator. In my position I have the unusual, but pleasurable experience being a liason between the nurses, nursing assistant and all upper management. I get to troubleshoot and solve- problems that create a safe working environment for the employees and patients alike. The most enjoyable part of my job is making the transition of a loved one, easy and efficient. The hardest part about my job is making sure all units are properly staffed regardless of any situation.
Management is always extremely helpful.
We maintain a culture of healthcare excellence, compassionate care, superior service.
Pros
free coffee water and tea. awesome discounts. great benefits
Work Culture & Maturity varies by department
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  MMCJuly 31, 2018
Work culture can be very good depending on department, some departments will put more work in then others, and theirs a lot of great benefits for going back to school, health and discounts
Pros
Loads of benefits, plenty of opportunity for growth
Cons
Other departments don't have as high standards as others
Competitive and fast-paced
Central Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 31, 2018
Requires a lot of walking and standing, customers from other hospitals and other places; also representatives are welcome to show us new and upgrade instruments.
Plenty of work for everyone.
Exciting Role
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJJuly 31, 2018
Exciting and challenging role with many inherent benefits. Upper management staff which seriously and truly cares about the population which they serve.
Fact paced environment
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJJuly 30, 2018
The ability to multi-task was definitely a plus. Very interesting, everyday brought new challenges, rotating from unit to unit. Always expected the unexpected.
Great work environment, but patient demographics are not...
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, NJJuly 30, 2018
The company itself is an amazing experience. All forms of staffing are enjoyable and hardworking (with the exception of some individuals). Other than its location, which brings in the uneducated abusers of medical attention, it's a place where I'd recommend anyone (and I have done a dozen times or so) to work.
Pros
Benefits and kind staff
Cons
Patient demographics
educational
General Practice Residency (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 30, 2018
learned a lot of skills and how to handle trauma. Hardest part of the job is to keep positivity. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people who are there because they care.
Productive, Career Builder, Fun, Great Experience
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 29, 2018
Working at RWJBarnabas was one of the best jobs I’ve ever had!! The fact that they allowed you to build your career and work in different areas of the hospital was a great experience!! I’ve learned so much !!! Not to mention the benefits were awesome! The fit challenges were really fun and it help those who were serious about it stay fit!!
Pros
Benefits, career building, A lot of overtime, Cafe Food, Etc
Access Specialist
Access Clinician (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJJuly 29, 2018
Where to begin.
To be fair- supervisors changed midway through my time there. Although it didn’t improve, it did change. That department is in charge of psychiatric admissions for the entire RWJBarnabas hospital system. And yet... the fax machine was from the Stone Age, and we couldn’t finagle encrypted emails for a smoother referral process? You’re essentially trained then thrown to the wolves. Every person is trained differently so everyone works differently. The supervisors don’t even know the right way to do the job. Your opinion isn’t taken seriously and employees are never asked for ideas on how to improve the department.
That aside- it is a very interesting place to work. You learn so much because you do so many different jobs. As toxic as the environment is, you learn so much that it’s almost worth it.
Pros
Benefits are cheap!
Cons
Have to work every other weekend, rotate holidays
Fast paced and demanding
Oncology Social Worker, Case Management Department (Current Employee) –  Livingston, NJJuly 29, 2018
Hospital SW is no easy job but if done right and you are consistent with your workload, it can be very rewarding. Communication is key! Every unit has it's own identity and culture and when matched with the right SW can created a great work flow balance.
Pros
working closely with patients and families
Cons
underpaid
Productive/High Pace Work Place
Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 26, 2018
A typical work day comprises of routine and unexpected events. An employee can learn a lot due to quarterly and annual competencies. Management is becoming better due to leadership development and training. The workplace culture is improving and the patients are benefiting greatly. The hardest part of the job is the challenges that cannot be remedied in a timely fashion. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with great people and making a difference in the lives of the patient's and their families.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Salary is unattractively low
Great place to work.
Registered Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJuly 25, 2018
Working with a great staff helps the work flow go with ease. To me, patient care is top priority. RWJ culture of kindness is genuine to have a good relationship with patients as their health improves.
Pros
tuition reimburstment
Cons
food is so so
Great job
HR Benefits & Compensation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJJuly 25, 2018
Great place to work. If I was not relocating to another state I would definitely stay here and retire from this company. People I work with make it a great place to work.
Professional Environment
Corporate Director (Former Employee) –  Oceanport, NJJuly 24, 2018
The job had many benefits. A good place to work and learn from others. The compensation and benefits were exceptional. The management team has built a very good space in healthcare.
program coordinator
Adolescent Prevention Program Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2018
I had the ability to engage the adolescent children within a high setting ensuring quality of life. Working in a fast pace environment, with flexible hours.
Pros
building relationships that impact positive living
Cons
none at this time
Good company
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Oceanport, NJJuly 22, 2018
Rwjbarnabas health is a good company to work for. However, my salary is not enough with my experience and education in the health field.
I Have been trying to relocate to another facility closer to home, nothing available.
Pros
Friendly enviroment
Cons
Short breaks
Staff was sociable and caring
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee) –  Belleville, NJJuly 14, 2018
Oftentimes the staff was overworked and not necessarily treated with the respect of the management as a whole, though there were good managers there. Overall I found the work experience to be pleasant because the staff were caring for each other and the patients.
Pros
Sociable, great staff
Cons
Sometimes overworked staff with occasional overbearing management
Barring being severely understaffed it was a great learning experience.
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJJuly 13, 2018
There were a few things I liked about the place, but mostly it was the co-workers. The once thing that really irked me was how understaffed the Transportation department was. So everyday we were always pushing to keep up with the workload. By the end of the day, there was a genuine camaraderie between co-workers.
Pros
Your Co-workers
Cons
Understaffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RWJBarnabas Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight