RWJBarnabas Health

RWJBarnabas Health Employee Reviews

United States2,113 reviews
Found 2,113 reviews matching the search
Registered nurse
As registered nurse for this company there are great opportunities to learn with acute patients compensations can sometimes lack with low opportunities to pay increase unless individual turns to management
Pros
Acute and critical patient
Cons
Pay
This was a volunteer opportunity.
This was a volunteer opportunity. Overall, great experience to volunteer. Highly recommend for pre med students or someone who would like to pursue a career in the medical field.
Love it
Not the best paying hospital but if you want a sense of family and managers who truly have your back, this is the place I absolutely loved working there but had to relocate due to family needs.
Not a Great place to work for
I want to start off by saying I use to work there as a Sergeant which is what they call a Supervisor .. Management sucks and they don’t care about there employees safety at all .. and the employees talk bad about another .. there a lot of back stabbing going on .. employees sleep with each other .. stay away from that place it’s no good .. the hourly rate is good but the staff is TERRIBLE. And by the way the manager sucks bad
Normal
RWJ Barnabas health was a normal experience with no opinion other than I worked there for 20 years and have no complaints it was pleasant and clean and easy to get to
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Family oriented
Family oriented environment.

Community hospital with great staff and leadership.

Supportive of furthering education. Enjoy my current position.
Loved working there
People were so helpful. They were like family. Lifetime family. Very clean and friendly. The management was very helpful and understanding. They appreciate all their employees.
RWJBH Is a a very good place to learn and perfect your skills.
RWHBH is a very diverse place to work and you learn how to interact act with people of all cultures, and religions. It's a level one trauma center so its very busy and you are always learning. The benefits and pay are good for those who have certifications and licenses. The con is that you have to been aware of people and their intentions.
fun work place
RWJ Barnabas is good place to work. The employees are caring and supportive. The workplace culture is pleasant. The most enjoyable part of the job is people that work there
The leadership leaves much to be desired.
The leadership leaves much to be desired. They are more concerned with saving money, and saving face, than they are in patient and staff satisfaction.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at RWJBarnabas Health?
Great benefits
Working with no stress and good staff and very educational place to work. Strict on rules especially being on time, after 3 consecutive 1 minute late you got a write up.
Nothing positive
Nothing good to say. Petty. Mean. Clique oriented. Non flexible. Passive aggressive. Abusive. Covert narcissistic company. Dont apply here. These people are snobs.
Change in culture to create a better healing environment for patients. Would definitely work here again in the future and would recommend to friends and family
There are always ways to improve
Care more the needs of your employees just as much as the patients. The happier the employers is the better the work ethics and environment of the company.
Great collaborative teamwork
This healthcare system is diverse and flexible. The values in this healthcare system are team work as well as employee and patient satisfaction. It is a privilege to work for this healthcare system and it offers many benefits.
No chance for advancement and growth
Worked On-site and then years later worked remotely
Worked there many years but not given a chance to grow and advance my career even after getting certified, but given false hope and promises that were never kept.

Got new job at different hospital and saw the difference in compensation and they valued my skills and even trained on other areas.
great staff and team work
Its an overall good place to work. Once I report to duty, there is communication with staff about the course of plan for the day. I get to know my patients and go about executing the plan
High up people are idiots
This company is poorly run. They do not care about their front line employees the face of the company. The president and CEOs think the nurses and medical staff are stupid. During the Coronavirus they did not have enough masks for everyone so you could not use them. They cancelled shifts on workers.
COVID 19 - shelter in place / stay home Government restrictions. RWJ need a state of emergency plan for all employees to be secure financially
I feel Management protect themselves first and who they want to protect. They have the authority to put other employees on the front line.

Financially your faced with a division you have to make for your family and self. Financial stability or safety.

It don’t get better. What kept me? I love what I do and I love the patients.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers.
A typical day at work consisted of analyzing the heart rhythmns of cardiac patient. I learned to appreciate how hard nurses work. The hardest part of the job was working on third shift. thr thing I enjoyed the most was saving a patient from a life threatening health condition.
i enjoy my job
I like most of the people I work with and I love the patient care I am given the privilege to supply to this community. The patients are very grateful for the care they are given.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at RWJBarnabas Health. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at RWJBarnabas Health.