Rydal Park Employee Reviews

It was a great first job
Cafe Server (Former Employee) –  Jenkintown, PAApril 24, 2019
I really liked working at Rydal Park. I was excited that they gave me a chance to work when I didn't have any experience. Also the job is in the field I want to go into so that was good too.
Server (Former Employee) –  Jenkintown, PAJanuary 11, 2019
It was a Good place for experience. I had the opportunity to be different and work with other co-workers together. It showed me the true definition of team work.
Its an awesome place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jenkintown, PASeptember 27, 2018
I love working at rydal park my coworkers at rydal park are hard working people caring the people who live there are the most wonderful people you will every want to care for as well as as family members
Pros
Awesome place to work
Cons
Doesent pay well
Fun place to work
Business Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rydal, PA 19046April 10, 2018
Each day was different since the business office is located inside the community. It was close to home which was nice but at times it could be a hostile work environment.
good job
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Jenkintown, PAMarch 14, 2018
Good job, good coworkers and managers.
You do something different almost every day.
The residents can be interesting.
Some days work can be painfully slow.
all loving people
Hospitality Associate (Former Employee) –  Abington, PADecember 5, 2017
wonderful people working here. i learned how to be a great hospitality assistant for all the elderly. the hardest part of the job is when u start getting to know the patients and then they pass away.
Pros
free food
Cons
patients passing away
Productive and wonderful enviornment to work in.
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jenkintown, PANovember 10, 2017
Rydal Park has been an awesome work environment from the staff to the wonderful residents that I cared for. Working at Rydal has helped me build on my confidence and skills as a nurse supervisor and has made me fall even more in love with my career choice because of the wonderful support of my team members. Working in my department was like working with family and it has been a great experience thus far.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
busy at times, healthcare
a nice work place
CNA (Former Employee) –  Jenkintown, PANovember 2, 2017
very nice residents but co workers weren't nice at all. Some co workers would lie on other co workers. I could barely get a lunch break after working 12 hors
Pros
poor management
Cons
very clean and nice work place
It's ok
Server (Former Employee) –  Jenkintown, PA 19046September 19, 2017
I worked in the hospitality part of this facility. The work is not necessarily hard, just that you don't have enough time to get stuff done. The elderly residents are usually really difficult to deal with, it's hard to get them to eat, even though nurses are supposed to be helping them eat, they just leave them there for you to deal with. To make matters worse, most of the residents have severe dimentia or Alzheimers and can't tell up from down (not to be crass), and they leave 2 people to deal with 20 or more of them to feed. Also, the food they serve to these residents is disgusting and VERY unappetizing, in all honesty. The residents with their good mind didn't like the food, and the people who are confused and having memory issues do not like the food, and this causes a lot of issues in the dining areas.

Granted, I haven't worked at this place in a little over 2 years, so the food quality and work load may have changed.
Pros
Schedule flexibility, not a bad place to start
Cons
Difficult elderly residents, too many tasks to complete in a very short period of time
I like to work for Rydal Park
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jenkintown, PAJune 20, 2017
I don't have nothing to say. because I like to work for Rydal Park. my boss is good person to talk anything with her. and all the employer they really good to work too
Rydal park
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Jenkintown, PAMay 2, 2017
A typical day at Rydal park would be clocking in for work, setting the table, finding out the specials/soups. I have learned how to be patient because with customers sometimes they are not always the warmest but I also understand their are people who aren't sure what they want and it builds a lot of patience. Management in my job was very strict but only as certain moments, when the head executives were around. In the workplace the people I worked with always motivated me to want to come back and just be positive when coming to work everyday. the hardest part of the job were some of the customers that would give me such a hard time when trying to fulfill their needs.
Enjoyed working with staff and assisting residents
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rydal, PAApril 3, 2016
Enjoyed my co workers and the flexible hours as well as having contact with the residents.
Management changes resulted in a change in atmosphere which is why I moved on
Pros
close to home
Cons
change in policies
Improving with Culture Change
Activities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rydal, PAFebruary 23, 2015
This a great company that really strives to improve the lives of its' residents. Due to turnover in management, not all staff members feel as though they are appreciated as much as they used to be. They have a great program called Pause for Praise which provides staff and residents the opportunity to tell other how much they appreciate their hard work.
Pros
Good benefits, great residents to work for
Cons
Poor teamwork
okay
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rydal, PANovember 5, 2014
A pleasant place to work.management came and went frequently.My co-worker where okay.working short was hard at times.taking care of clients.
Executive Director is a puppet and Nursing Home Administrator is a dictator
Employee (Current Employee) –  Nursing HomeSeptember 2, 2013
When I first started working at Rydal, it was great. About 3 years ago, they hired an ED and than a Nursing Home Administrator who are awful. The Administrator either fires everyone or they leave because she barks orders, is unapprciative and is dishonest. The communication is terrible and they put profits before the safety of the residents or staff. Supplies are always a problem. The ED has no backbone and listens to whatever the Administrator tells him. Everyone I kno who works in that department is unhappy. So much for this being a fatih-based place to work...........I see no evidence.
Pros
Cons
Upper Administration
Disorganization and low pay
Dining staff (Former Employee) –  Rydal paApril 26, 2013
Too many chiefs and no communication is a standard here if you have the product needed to make a recipe it's a miracle
Pros
great residents
Cons
no breaks, disorganized management, low pay, bad bennifit package
Great work environment
Dietary (Former Employee) –  Rydal, PAAugust 14, 2012
One of the things I loved a Rydal Park was that I got to learn many things such as catering, dinning room management, server, cashier, and coffe kiosk. My co-workers was always wiling to show me new things.
Pros
great place to learn new things
Cons
cheap pay