Ryder Employee Reviews

Found 2,274 reviews matching the search See all 2,581 reviews
Its an alright company to work for, if you desperately need a job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Mid-SouthAugust 16, 2018
I would not recommend working for Ryder to anybody!!! They Do Not give pay raises or bonuses,regardless of your work ethics, or seniority!!! They micromanage their employees! They don't care anything about their employees...Only Ryder, itself!!! And...the insurance benefits sucks!!!
Good place to start out
Diesel Mechanic trainee (Former Employee) –  Scott, laAugust 15, 2018
It was annoying having to stop what I was doing to do something else. Pay was not that great but it paid the Bill's for the most part. Was hired for the morning shift but was moved to mid shift.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Low pay, shift i was hired for was not the shift i worked
Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 15, 2018
I always felt like working at Ryder was a great place to work... For the most part, it felt like family... We always did what we could to help each other out
Pros
What you did was noticed and you always felt like you were appreciated
Production Work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNAugust 14, 2018
Working in a very hit building,having to wear steel toe boots,and safe glasses. Production is fairly good, it is a fast pace packing production job. A assemble line is going at all time.
no comments
Case picker/ Reach fork lift operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2018
I don't recommend no one to work here. The management is very poor as well as the human resource department. It is very very hot in there this time of the year and they have very few fans to support the heat. My experience there was not good at all.
Look elsewhere
Journeyman Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 14, 2018
Not a good company for someone starting out in a career. Poor management from the top down make Ryder a very frustrating company to work for. More concerned with pleasing shareholders then treating employees with dignity and respect.
Pros
Consistent work
Cons
Too many to list
Poor Upper Management
Quality Manager III (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 11, 2018
Okay for middle management
There are a lot of tight knit groups of people who are married etc and have cliques. These people are promoted and cherished. Others (not the beautiful people) are not.
Do not consider home life a part of YOUR life. Only work, work, work.
No PTO
Pros
clean
Cons
a lot
fired due to tic
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  sailsburry maAugust 11, 2018
tech in charge stole my phone so he could ge me fired. i was the buisest tech in the shop.nothing more to say about it.its a bad place where if your not friends with the boss you get fired
Pros
Cons
everyone out for them slefs
The Worst environment!
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJAugust 10, 2018
The culture at this place is a me 1st one. No one cares and why should they when the company could give a rats azz! They are all a bunch of bean counters trying to run a transportation company.
Lots of opportunity
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 9, 2018
As with most large companies, there are lots of opportunities to move to different positions and levels within Ryder. Each position is different and you can find your niche. Some people have been there over 30 years.
Typical transportation company. Nothing special.
Human Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 9, 2018
It is an okay company to work for, if you live locally. I enjoyed the people I work with, but not necessary into working around semi trucks or truck drivers.
Hit and miss
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ORAugust 8, 2018
little supervision simple routes but seasons are up and down so job security is not reliable the pay is decent through centerline but not through ryder
Ryder
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILAugust 8, 2018
company too fast pasted
hours were long and later at night
but got lots of overtime
I don't mind working long hours if I am rewarded
no reward there at Ryder
hard worker
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cowpens, SCAugust 8, 2018
had to fill orders to be shipped to the customers .. i was in charge of inventory control.... was detailed to a order picker i picked orders for all over the united states
Some accounts are not bad, but others are a nightmare.
Account Lead (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 8, 2018
They always under contract and every launch is a nightmare. This causes no work life balance and it's not a good place to work if you have a family. Some accounts are better than most, however it seems as though all management is uninvolved until something goes wrong. The management does not care to help it's team.
Pros
Commute isn't bad.
Cons
No work life balance. Poor management teams not built on quality
Customer Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, NCAugust 7, 2018
Flexible hours, travel, working onsite with customers. The company has many benefits and opportunities for advancement. The only drawback are the number of meetings, depending on the size of the account. Trying to balance work and personal life can become an issue, however, it is manageable. I would recommend this company for those who are driven and self-sufficient.
Pros
Independent workload
Cons
travel
Ryder
Call Center Account Lead/1st shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 7, 2018
Ryder is a great place to work, I would recommend others to work for this company. Good place to build a career and move around withing the company. I
A little dysfunctional but a great place to work
Technician III (Current Employee) –  Goodlettsville, TNAugust 6, 2018
A little dysfunctional but a great place to work. How things are done are always getting changed. There is a serious lack of communication between management and employees. The atmosphere in the shop is unpredictable. One day everything is fine and the next everything is screwed up.
Stressful environment and awful mangement
Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 6, 2018
Ryder itself isnt a bad company to work for but the Columbia shop and its management is the worst that I have EVER worked for. The manager dont care about their employees and only look and care about their numbers. They play favorites and if you arent one of them then they hang you out to dry. They have you do work that they havent trained you on and getting trained on anything takes forever. I would NOT recommend the Columbia shop to ANYONE!!
Embarrisingly outdated businees ethics for such an establised company
Shipment Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 6, 2018
I was really excited to work for this company but it soon turned out to be a disappointment. a typical work day was me pulling reports and updating information no one else felt the need to. I did learn a little bit about tracking and tracing but not enough to be proficient. Management are the people who stayed below the radar long enough to gain tenure but unfortunately that didn't qualify them to lead. They have an extremely high turnover rate not to be a call center. The hardest part of the job was the narrow minded personalities and the learning curve of not being trained. I was brought on through a staffing agency and promised tempt to hire and was offered $15 as starting pay. Everyone is afraid of getting fired so there is a tension there can be cut with a knife. There is little to no training on what the work process is and no one can or will give you a clear answer to how anything really works. Their benefits package is laughable and not worth sticking around for since you're basically on a 90 day probation before you can enroll. The commute is taxing no matter what part of DFW you live in since it's practically in the middle of nowhere. Working there was like being in the twilight zone because it was a wonder the place functioned. Their headquarters is located in Michigan I believe and I feel that is part of the problem with communication. But who knows problems tend to trickle down. This is the place to be if you need to get caught up on any audible books though.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ryder. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight