Ryder Employee Reviews

Found 2,444 reviews matching the search See all 2,767 reviews
Nice place to work
Human Resource Coordinator/Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jonestown, PADecember 12, 2018
Ryder was a nice place to work, but warehouse closed after 14 months of operations. There was no place for advancement for me within the company and I had an Associates Degree and my supervisor did not have any degree-not sure that was fair.
N/A at the moment
DISPATCH OPERATOR/ROUTE DRIVER/ROUTER (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CADecember 11, 2018
Delivered alcoholic beverages/Kegs to various customer locations
Drove various types of company vehicles
Loaded and unloaded company vehicles with product.
Collected money/checks from customers and entered them into computer payment system.
Good job with good pay
Diesel Technician II (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLDecember 9, 2018
Be prepared to stay busy. Lots of vehicle services and tire jobs. The day goes by fast and keeps you interested. Since it is a nationwide company, trucks stop by at anytime of the day with random issues.
Pros
Day goes fast. Very supportive management and co-workers
Cons
Sometimes the workload is more than the team can keep up with.
Fast paced
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CADecember 4, 2018
I enjoy it being a fast paced environment, having positive helpful co-workers. Everyone is open & helpful. I was lost my first 2 weeks, but when I moved to first shift everyone was more easy going
Very
Loader/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJDecember 4, 2018
It was an ok work environment. Very fast paced. I worked there for a while and I did enjoy my time working at 100% everyday. I wouldn't go back however because at the same time the management was very poor.
Ryder Logistics was a good company to work for. Want to move to a more expanding opportunity.
Supplier and Manager (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 3, 2018
Third part logistics for AT&T. Scan equipment to techs in morning and maintain two small warehouse for minor material.Technology constantly changing. Fiber is the new wave. Materials change constantly. You learn as you go. Little to no training. Just safety meetings nothing related to equipment or materials. Maintain constant inventory on equipment. Keep up with minor materials as needed.
Pros
3 weeks paid vacation after completing 5 years.
Cons
no raises and constant budget constriction
Ryder was a laid back driving job and enviroments.
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSDecember 3, 2018
A typical day of work consist of checking loads for transport and making it at a reasonable time frame. I learned it was all about the miles to more you run the more you receive. The dispatching crew was awesome too. The hardest part of the job was learning the new work places. And what I enjoyed the most was the pay.
Pros
Great team members
Cons
never the name load time everyday
Productive fast paced
Driver (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 3, 2018
Was a good place to work for as I worked for them for 11-12 years. Pay was competitive with good benefits. I liked working 4 10’s. But when Ryder lost account I think Ryder could of tried harder to take care of us employees
Pros
Pay hours
Cons
Just being let go when they could of placed us somewhere else
Causual Low Key Work Place
Logistic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GADecember 3, 2018
Working at Ryder is very Pleasant. My Position as logistic coordinator requires that I perform a variety of task daily ranging from shipping, receiving, inventory replenishment of inventory and generating orders and researching and updating status on orders. .
Cons
no raises
Excellent
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Jonestown, PADecember 1, 2018
Excellent work! Paid 16 per hour . The company close because to many troubles with management and shipping. Was Ryder by Mattel but Mattel broke the contract
The new camera system targets drivers
Tractor trailer driver (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL 33178November 30, 2018
I drove a single axle tractor that bounced around a lot due to it only being a single axle. the camera triggers any bump or sharp turn or hard breaking action, they're looking at everything you do to reprimand your driving, you'd figure after driving for 17 years of safe driving that would speak for itself. When they implemented this device it was told to us it was there to protect us and the company from other drivers actions, later we all found out it was to target us for everything we do wrong, but it doesn't record any good we do.
Pros
Room for advancement in the company (Manager, safety director, dispatcher, etc...
Cons
Pay rate for experienced drivers is the same as a new hire.
No structure
Warranty Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 30, 2018
A typical day at work is stressful. Not because there are dissatisfied customers who have put their trust and money into Ryder's Used Vehicles, but because they are broken down on some road and being told they cannot be helped.
Customers are helped depending on how much money they've spent with Ryder and if they have a relationship with someone within the company.
Management provides guidelines, but does not follow them.
This leads to confusion and most of the team operating in different ways.
Pros
Quiet and clean work enviroment
Cons
No structure, no support, no chance to excel
Warehouse environment
Temp (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IANovember 29, 2018
Very hot in summer, very cold in winter. Lots of exhausting work. Very dirty/dusty warehouse work environment. Unobtainable goals unless you disregarded safety protocols.
working there is so so.
T2 HELPER DIESEL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILNovember 28, 2018
working at ryder is so so. There are days when its slow and days when its super busy. i have worked at two ryder locations and the management at both locations is poor.
Pros
good insurance and benefits, good pay.
Cons
poor management.
Great Place to Work
HR (Current Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 27, 2018
Lots of opportunities for promotions. The work life balance could improve, but they do promote a lot from within. Management is supportive of career development.
Career advancement opportunity
Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 27, 2018
There is unlimited advancement opportunities within Ryder. The only downside is you will have minimal to no work life balance in customer facing roles.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Very long hours
Great Driving Job!
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  DeSoto, TXNovember 26, 2018
I run out of the DeSoto, TX Yard. Go to Toyota Plant in San Antonio & two Drop & Hook destinations in Arkansas. Never touch a dock never get inside a trailer except to put a Strap across the Racks. Mostly new Freightliner trucks with Automatic Transmissions. Only complaint I have really is having to Slip Seat but I've gotten used to it! Get guaranteed salary, great benefits, uniforms, home daily etc!
Get a paid week off in July & December for Toyota Plant closure in San Antonio!
Best driving job I've ever had!
great enviornment
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CANovember 26, 2018
you are over worked sometimes.... not appreciated ..... alot of hours. month ends are terrible and also have really bad communication skills. you really dont know how many hours u r going to work.
Very laid back enviroment
P&D Truck Driver (Pool) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32220November 25, 2018
Worked in Jacksonville, FL terminal. Great work environment. Easy going dispatchers. Deliveries were easy. Early start time and early off to spend time with family
Great respect for women in management and in the workforce.
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, KYNovember 24, 2018
Ryder gives you the opportunity to grow in your career. The leadership team is very approachable, will provided one-on-one coaching to help with the development of your career. Often ones strengths are spotted by a member of the team before the employee is aware that they have a talent.
Pros
Career advancement.
Cons
Shortage of drivers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ryder. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Ryder.

Powered by Comparably