Ryder Employee Reviews

Found 2,524 reviews matching the search See all 2,864 reviews
My Workplace
Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAFebruary 11, 2019
i had to audit the lines for all product. Management needs to work how to run a Warehouse. HR needs to figure out their rules before they enforce them. i have been there in the building for over 8years and things were amazing then they started to go down hill from there. the last 3 years of working in that place have put myself and other in so much stress. And Management & HR forced us, even when we were sick, to work for 6days a week for 13 to 14 hr days. the best part of working here were my co-workers...we kept each other laughing and in hopeful spirits during are long work days.
Pros
plenty of hours / hardworking co-workers / benifits
Cons
the pay / Management / HR / Not Excepting to New Ideas
Productive work place
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Moreno ValleyFebruary 12, 2019
I would usually get good but late hours starting around 2:30 am and getting out around 12:00 or 2:30 pm. I learned how to trouble shoot shipping errors, how to processes boxes and pallets threw (putty) program. Management was good they would always give us something to be doing. The hardest part would getting threw the late hours when they would keep us longer than expected or just random changes or work shoulders. The best part would be how fast paced the work environment is and how there always something to do, so that just makes time go by faster.
Pros
Great management, and good job experience opportunities.
Cons
Random hours, bad lunch schedule.
good company, bad managment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILFebruary 17, 2019
the job is pretty easy. It use to be very relaxed ( too relaxed) they are cracking down to get things in order. However, its a new big boss who is firing everyone to bring people from his previous job in. hes firing people that been with the company longer than 4-5 years to bring in someone he worked with previously straight to supervisor and lead positons. its been a lot of politics going on. He is very power hungry and he tell leads to look for reasons to fire people.
Pros
pay, overtime, optional overtime, free product time to time
Cons
sometimes we run out of work, they making it impossible to make numbers, new boss is out to fire everyone
steady pace
Operations Supervisor / Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAJanuary 14, 2019
In the beginning tough, once I learned operation and best way of doing things that was more of a hands on than what I was trained to do it became very routine and not bad, lots to do never a stop to things to do and manager was tough but knew his job which helped me learn, advancement was tough felt like there was a bit of a click with the team and if you were part of it you would advance at a faster rate as far as Management positions went, I liked the fact that 8 hours was the scheduled hours if you stayed it wouldn't be more then a 10 hour day in most cases. Pretty nice people nice supervisor office for supervisors and up to date shops in most cases.
Pros
good pay steady work pace
Cons
management clicks
Great company if you live in a big city
Diesel Mechanic tech II (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXFebruary 14, 2019
Fast paced, and many customer incentives to fill. Working in the Victoria location can be challenging due to not only are you working as a mechanic but you have to fill the role of service advisor, parts personal,and porter. If you can multi task four jobs and don’t mind being on call 24/7 one or two weeks out of the month. Then it’s not bad. But no room to grow .
Pros
Benifits, hourly pay.
Cons
on call, no room to grow, yearly raise is 74 cents
Regular tables in the breakroom.
Order Picker, Pick & Pack (Former Employee) –  Whitestown, IN 46075January 9, 2019
Go to work have a meeting first thing & then go straight to work picking orders & operating a order picker. Then put the item or items in a box or container & send them to shipping. I learned that there are a lot of parts in pitney bowes. My team leader was nice & polite. The only hardest part of the job is if you had to get something high up & you had to look for a tall ladder & you had to pull it to the isle where the part was. Going to work & having a good night at work & making people laugh & smile.
Pros
They would sometime throw parties for safety
Cons
2 breaks & Half an hour lunch
Productive and Positive Work Experience
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIJanuary 7, 2019
I have worked at Ryder for over two years, I have never had a problem with the management or my coworkers. My management has worked with my college schedule and has been incredibly flexible and encouraging. If I wanted a career in Logistics, I would never leave. Definitely recommend. I have not signed on as a salary employee, though offered, because I don't want a career in this field. However, I have heard they pay fairly and have good benefits.
Low
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fletcher, NCJanuary 6, 2019
Ryder has changed so much in the last ten years.
Prior to this, Ryder was a great place to work and extremely customer focused.
Now, Ryder is more concerned with policies and there are tons!!!
Now, Ryder is more concerned with metrics and bottom line.
Now, Ryder has lost sight of the great CUSTOMERS that helped form the company and made them above average in the transportation industry.

Horrible culture in the last ten years and falling fast.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
I hate the fact they let me go
Forklift Operator/ Material handler (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNJanuary 11, 2019
They let me go and i worked hard for them and they just let me go. That makes me feel like they dont want a hard work. Yes . I have made some poor choices in my life just as well as alot of other people but thats one reason to say that someone like myself that go out there way for your business to have them just kick you out and not thonk about people family. So to end this. I will and can't work for a place like that.
If i knew about how management was before i got there i would not have applied.
Manage Maintenance Center Lead Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GADecember 26, 2018
The department that i work in at Ryder has low morale and the employes are not treated well. Our entire department is trying to either go to a new department or to a new company as a whole. Our manager does not want you to advance and will hold you back for her gain.
Pros
Hourly pay
Cons
Management needs classes on how to treat employees
Ryder Logistics was a good company to work for. Want to move to a more expanding opportunity.
Supplier and Manager (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 3, 2018
Third part logistics for AT&T. Scan equipment to techs in morning and maintain two small warehouse for minor material.Technology constantly changing. Fiber is the new wave. Materials change constantly. You learn as you go. Little to no training. Just safety meetings nothing related to equipment or materials. Maintain constant inventory on equipment. Keep up with minor materials as needed.
Pros
3 weeks paid vacation after completing 5 years.
Cons
no raises and constant budget constriction
Very unfair
Material Selector (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 18, 2019
Ryder does not hire you on, employees have been working for years and they don't get hired on, they expect you to be full part of Ryder but they don't hired you on their excused that its not in their budget. the management is very unfair. a lot of favoritism, a place where you are not value as an employee. Ryder expects things done a certain way but we were not provided with the actual equipment to do so.
No structure
Warranty Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 30, 2018
A typical day at work is stressful. Not because there are dissatisfied customers who have put their trust and money into Ryder's Used Vehicles, but because they are broken down on some road and being told they cannot be helped.
Customers are helped depending on how much money they've spent with Ryder and if they have a relationship with someone within the company.
Management provides guidelines, but does not follow them.
This leads to confusion and most of the team operating in different ways.
Pros
Quiet and clean work enviroment
Cons
No structure, no support, no chance to excel
The new camera system targets drivers
Tractor trailer driver (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL 33178November 30, 2018
I drove a single axle tractor that bounced around a lot due to it only being a single axle. the camera triggers any bump or sharp turn or hard breaking action, they're looking at everything you do to reprimand your driving, you'd figure after driving for 17 years of safe driving that would speak for itself. When they implemented this device it was told to us it was there to protect us and the company from other drivers actions, later we all found out it was to target us for everything we do wrong, but it doesn't record any good we do.
Pros
Room for advancement in the company (Manager, safety director, dispatcher, etc...
Cons
Pay rate for experienced drivers is the same as a new hire.
Introduced to a very "hands off" management style.
Account Manager/Freight Management Group (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 4, 2019
This was a huge benefi,t in that making decisions regarding customers was left up to me as the person working closest with the customer. Promoted the relationship as an important part of the sales process.
Pros
Monthly employee lunches or snacks--ice cream truck!
Cons
Dress code business casual was not best suited for the position.
Great Driving Job!
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  DeSoto, TXNovember 26, 2018
I run out of the DeSoto, TX Yard. Go to Toyota Plant in San Antonio & two Drop & Hook destinations in Arkansas. Never touch a dock never get inside a trailer except to put a Strap across the Racks. Mostly new Freightliner trucks with Automatic Transmissions. Only complaint I have really is having to Slip Seat but I've gotten used to it! Get guaranteed salary, great benefits, uniforms, home daily etc!
Get a paid week off in July & December for Toyota Plant closure in San Antonio!
Best driving job I've ever had!
Cons
Unorganized, bad quality no teamwork
LTO Team Member (Current Employee) –  Morris, ILNovember 19, 2018
Don't work here unless you like bein stressed out over a rate system that doesnt work right and that isn't fair or made unless you cheat there faulty system, new managment and hr are complete GARBAGE look elsewhere for similar pay. Treats employees like robots with no lives unless you have FMLA than your more than golden to show up to work once a month and have nothing done to you this place doesnt know how to keep good employees either they all leave.
Ryder was a laid back driving job and enviroments.
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSDecember 3, 2018
A typical day of work consist of checking loads for transport and making it at a reasonable time frame. I learned it was all about the miles to more you run the more you receive. The dispatching crew was awesome too. The hardest part of the job was learning the new work places. And what I enjoyed the most was the pay.
Pros
Great team members
Cons
never the name load time everyday
The culture
Shipment Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 13, 2018
The work culture is very clickish. If you’re not favored by the management or in good with the management fee usually stagnated. The Ryder TMC in Fort Worth Texas has a very high turn over Due in part to the poor management and like I love actual training program. New employees are sat at a desk ito watch someone else work for a day or so and then thrown in to work. When you reach out to human resources to discuss issues they are not kept privately as they should be.
Pros
Pay
Cons
If you’re not favored management can create a hostile Work environment.
Very productive workplace
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Portage, IndianaNovember 12, 2018
Worked 40 hours a week M-F. No weekends and started around 830A.M. Pick orders all day, easy work. Not a stressful job but you really have to move your feet to fill up to 100+ orders a day.. No room for advancing with the company unless somebody quit , but in reality if you do move up the pay is in cents, not worth it.
Pros
Weekends off, day shift only, ocasionally free meals
Cons
Management needs Leadership skills. Learn to correctly talk to their employes. Bad attitudes!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ryder. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Ryder.

Powered by Comparably