S&P Global Market Intelligence Employee Reviews

very corporate structure
Associate Director Techical Client Solutions (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2019
Originally nice company to work for. But with years new management came onboard and changed structures and create a very corporate atmosphere. Very little career advancement opportunity.
Pros
Good teammates
Cons
Bad Management
Top notch company
Vice President, Sales and Relationship Management (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 29, 2019
S&P is a great place to work. Good people and good product. That said, the size does lead to a lot of red tape. There is also a bit of not my job syndrome.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Red tape
Company is evolving.
Enterprise Sales Executive, Global Accounts (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2018
It has been 20 years since I departed S&P, so my opinions and rating are not relevant. I will say that it has over this period grown to be the company that had hoped it would be 20 years ago,. At the time it was stuck in a lot of businesses that did not have synergies.
Software Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  IndianaOctober 16, 2018
I worked as a Software Quality Engineer for three years. Work life balance is good. Though the learning curve is limited and the job has repetitive work.
Pros
Good work culture, nice people.
Cons
Lack of challenging assignments
Good starting job
Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2018
Ipreo is a good place to start your career but opportunity to advance within the company is limited. There is historically high turnover because comp is low despite growth.
Pros
Good people and work/life balance
Cons
Limited ability to advance within the company, not a diverse workplace
Medium
Operation (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 17, 2017
Large corporation with well know divisions like Ratings, Index, Market Intelligence. Opportunity, culture, management and processes depend on the division.
Hard work pays off in internal exposure
Product Manager, renewable energy (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2017
Great place to work but looking for more challenging career advancement opportunities. The company is undergoing a massive integration which makes internal politics considerably more difficult and a bit frustrating to work through.
Pros
international travel
Cons
massive company, with lots of procedures and set processes
Management and visibility could be better
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2017
Not enough transparency about the goals of the company. There were many times where people were unsure about their role in the company. Staff morale could be better.
No Comment
Data Steward/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 31, 2017
I cannot comment at this time as I am receiving a severance package and do not want to risk loosing it, I will gladly comment once it is completed. Thank you.
Pros
Free Nespresso, great people to work with
Cons
Not recommended for anyone over 50.
Good Place to Work
PEGA System Architect (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 25, 2017
Good Place to Work. Colleagues are Very Friendly and helpful. Manger and Team mates are very helpful. And its a nice opportunity to work with all. Thanks
Good Place to work but work/life balance is difficult
CUSIP Global Services - Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2017
Typical day at work is customer support of errors/issues clients have with products. I also support our sales team during contract negotiations by offering complimentary products to ease the cost of our high licensing fees. I also work closely with our IT department in creating new products by using the Agile Methodology. Unfortunately, the option to work from home is not available to us. With my 2+hr commute door to door, this option would make my work /life situation a lot more balanced.
Pros
Job Security. Good Managers.
Cons
No work from home option
Constant change
Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COAugust 7, 2017
If you enjoy constant change and are willing to adapt it could be a worthwhile challenge. There is plenty of room for growth but little stability. I would recommend it to a young professional looking to start a career as it allows you to move up quickly. However as you grow you experience a lack of continuity in processes, policies, practices.
Pros
Fast professional growth
Cons
Constant changes
Constant changes
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2017
constant management changes; lots of politics; no upward mobility; management does care; people getting fired for no reason. do not recommend working here
excellent place to work
Senior Copy Editor - Data Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2017
I worked for the same company my entire career. It is an excellent place to work, and I was there almost forty years. I would recommend the company, also good benefits.
before merger with SNL
Senior UX Designer (Former Employee) –  water street, New york, NYMarch 28, 2017
I really enjoyed the different groups I worked with over the years, really smart and dedicated people. A little too focused on engineering IMO and could use better UX experience products.
Pros
great people, collaborative
Cons
Engineering culture alone is not enough to stay competitive.
Great Work/Life Balance
Sr Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2017
Great environment to work in. Able to maintain proper work/life balance. Management structure needs improvement but co-workers are team oriented. Professional work environment. You
Pros
Cons
Management unclear
Excellent place to work at
Project Manager/Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 27, 2017
S&P is one of the best orgaizations to work with. It provides an environment where learning is fun and employee is appreciated on producing results.

They follow Agile and Scrum which helps in smooth execution of projects.
Pros
Employee friendly policies, good benefits
Cons
Global offices have to adjust to US timings
No job security
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2017
Management is pretty clueless and keeps changing every 2-3 years. With that change comes complete change in strategy.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
compensation, job security, management
Awesome place to work
Lead Quality Engineer/ E2E Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2017
I have been working at S&P Global Market Intelligence full-time (More than a year)awesome place to work here . has a friendly environment and all the colleagues here are friendly in nature .
Pros
Friendly work environment. No work pressure
Cons
Lot of shift timings which affects health
Too much work for reimbursement
Lead Data Warehouse Developer (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 23, 2017
Too much work for reimbursement.Too many layers on management, but still all responsibility is on developers. bonuses going down, workload going up for developers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at S&P Global Market Intelligence. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at S&P Global Market Intelligence.

Powered by Comparably