S&P Global Market Intelligence Employee Reviews in New York, NY

very corporate structure
Associate Director Techical Client Solutions (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2019
Originally nice company to work for. But with years new management came onboard and changed structures and create a very corporate atmosphere. Very little career advancement opportunity.
Pros
Good teammates
Cons
Bad Management
Company is evolving.
Enterprise Sales Executive, Global Accounts (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2018
It has been 20 years since I departed S&P, so my opinions and rating are not relevant. I will say that it has over this period grown to be the company that had hoped it would be 20 years ago,. At the time it was stuck in a lot of businesses that did not have synergies.
Good starting job
Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2018
Ipreo is a good place to start your career but opportunity to advance within the company is limited. There is historically high turnover because comp is low despite growth.
Pros
Good people and work/life balance
Cons
Limited ability to advance within the company, not a diverse workplace
Medium
Operation (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 17, 2017
Large corporation with well know divisions like Ratings, Index, Market Intelligence. Opportunity, culture, management and processes depend on the division.
Hard work pays off in internal exposure
Product Manager, renewable energy (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2017
Great place to work but looking for more challenging career advancement opportunities. The company is undergoing a massive integration which makes internal politics considerably more difficult and a bit frustrating to work through.
Pros
international travel
Cons
massive company, with lots of procedures and set processes
Management and visibility could be better
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2017
Not enough transparency about the goals of the company. There were many times where people were unsure about their role in the company. Staff morale could be better.
No Comment
Data Steward/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 31, 2017
I cannot comment at this time as I am receiving a severance package and do not want to risk loosing it, I will gladly comment once it is completed. Thank you.
Pros
Free Nespresso, great people to work with
Cons
Not recommended for anyone over 50.
Good Place to Work
PEGA System Architect (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 25, 2017
Good Place to Work. Colleagues are Very Friendly and helpful. Manger and Team mates are very helpful. And its a nice opportunity to work with all. Thanks
Good Place to work but work/life balance is difficult
CUSIP Global Services - Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2017
Typical day at work is customer support of errors/issues clients have with products. I also support our sales team during contract negotiations by offering complimentary products to ease the cost of our high licensing fees. I also work closely with our IT department in creating new products by using the Agile Methodology. Unfortunately, the option to work from home is not available to us. With my 2+hr commute door to door, this option would make my work /life situation a lot more balanced.
Pros
Job Security. Good Managers.
Cons
No work from home option
Constant changes
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2017
constant management changes; lots of politics; no upward mobility; management does care; people getting fired for no reason. do not recommend working here
excellent place to work
Senior Copy Editor - Data Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2017
I worked for the same company my entire career. It is an excellent place to work, and I was there almost forty years. I would recommend the company, also good benefits.
before merger with SNL
Senior UX Designer (Former Employee) –  water street, New york, NYMarch 28, 2017
I really enjoyed the different groups I worked with over the years, really smart and dedicated people. A little too focused on engineering IMO and could use better UX experience products.
Pros
great people, collaborative
Cons
Engineering culture alone is not enough to stay competitive.
Great Work/Life Balance
Sr Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2017
Great environment to work in. Able to maintain proper work/life balance. Management structure needs improvement but co-workers are team oriented. Professional work environment. You
Pros
Cons
Management unclear
No job security
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2017
Management is pretty clueless and keeps changing every 2-3 years. With that change comes complete change in strategy.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
compensation, job security, management
Awesome place to work
Lead Quality Engineer/ E2E Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2017
I have been working at S&P Global Market Intelligence full-time (More than a year)awesome place to work here . has a friendly environment and all the colleagues here are friendly in nature .
Pros
Friendly work environment. No work pressure
Cons
Lot of shift timings which affects health
Great first job
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 15, 2016
First job right out of college. Learned a ton about the field and my future career. Not much room for advancement, but that is by design. Plus it is great experience and will help you pursue a job elsewhere where there is room for advancement.
Pros
Very lax, great work/life balance
Cons
Lack of exciting projects
Not a Good Place to Work for an Administrative Professional
Admin Support (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2016
This company is an extremely challenging place to work if you are an administrative professional. You are required to jump through hoops just to accomplish simple goals. The majority of the tasks that you are pressured to accomplish should be handled by HR, not an admin. Another downside is employees here seem generally unhappy. There is a sense of gloom and trepidation that is palpable. I would say the work/life balance was decent, but I couldn't personally benefit from this because of the intense workload associated with my department. It really depends on the manager you have. My manager was afraid to rock the boat and go against the status quo, so this caused a lot of undue stress on the employees beneath her. Many of the admins currently there are mature and have been with the company since they were out of high school or in their early 20s. I think they have stayed this long because they honestly don't know how great it can be outside of this company. They are rooted where they are and have become complacent. That is unfortunate.
Pros
Competitive salary, good benefits
Cons
High turnover of executive management, stressful work environment
Changes all around
Product Mgr promoted to Sr. Product Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2016
The company lost its brand recognition after numerous acquisitions. There are a lot of changes at senior levels which may be a cause for concern.
Great company to work for
Vice President, Global Head of Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2016
A great firm to work for. Plenty of talented people to work with. The lines of business are inter related, however different enough that you can see the potential for mobility.
Pros
Interesting businesses and challenges
Cons
Change Fatigue
Young
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2016
The staff is young and has a lot of turn around. Pay can seem to low unless you recieve promotions quickly. High expectations are expected with a small staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at S&P Global Market Intelligence. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.8Fairygodboss Score

25%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

25%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss