S&P Global Employee Reviews

Opportunity to learn
Process Compliance & IT Risk Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2019
Frequent management changes, opportunity to learn, little growth, overall well respected organization, conservative in adopting new technology, reasonable benfits
Good company
Senior Client Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2019
In was an excellent place to work. Too bad, I came on board short before whole IT infrastructure was decided to be outsourced. From that point on, it went down the drain.
Good Place
Sr. Database Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2019
Depends on the Team Primarily , but overall also its good WFH policies , good Perks ,Work Life Balance . Alot of changes in past year , reshuffle in management .
Great Team!
UX Lead, Senior Interaction Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2019
New to UX but clearly understands the value. Great place to work in a stable, global environment. Would work there again!

The management team is excellent and clear on promoting excellence within the organization.
Overall great experience
Sr. Data Researcher (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 16, 2019
Friendly and open minded work place that allows for advancement and is a rather pleasurable experience. Good perks within and outside of the office with a great program for work life balance.
Typical corporation, for better or for worse
Ratings Analyst - Media & Entertainment (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2019
Generally the job is pretty stable with flexible work-at-home scheduling which is nice. You also get access to exclusive opportunities such as meeting with important executives and analyzing household name companies. It's good to start a career.

The company is heavily focused on cost cuts so adjust down your salary trajectory from what you read online. The company's culture is a bit lame in my opinion - innovative thinking is challenged too hard. I found it very hard to get reasonably-timed promotions.
Pros
work at home flexibility, job security
Cons
low growth, underwhelming pay
Great company with great challenges
Part-time Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2019
In such big company, I often have a lot of chance to talk and learn from different talents. It gives me a great impact learning data science and business analytics skills.
Excellent Company
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  ChiagoDecember 30, 2018
I am not sure why I need to do this, but okay.....I worked for MH for 8 years, and it is a fantastic company that serves its customers and employees very well. I chose to leave my full time position at the end of May 2018, mostly due to a desire to travel for work less, and to start working a more manageable schedule (60+ hour weeks were standard in my role).
Company expanded too quickly in short amount of time and made work hectic.
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MADecember 18, 2018
I was very happy there for a year and when the company started growing exponentially, it lost the "family owned" feel it used to have. there was too much hostility about promotions within and the office became a constant competition. Owners were always wonderful, generous guys but their choice of middle management staff caused much turnover.
Great company
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WINovember 25, 2018
This is an amazing company to work for good pay and room for advancement. Great hours for working parents. I was a small branch we had just got bought by S&P were previously Rate Watch
Pros
Paid vacations good pay

Want to know more about S&P Global?

Ask a question
Great Company, Management focused and Open to Ideas from the Field,
Educational Sales Representative, SRA (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 5, 2018
Best Job I ever had!!! I enjoyed everything about this company.
Product diversity, small territory, great management team and benefits.
I was very successful and was able to surpass my territory sales goal EVERY year.
*Downsized 2,500 personal in 2009.
Pros
Product, Management and Benefits
Cons
Not recession proof
Good Working Environment
Senior Investment Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2018
I worked at S&P for seven years. It was a very good place to start as a financial analyst and the overall management was good. In addition, the compensation was fair.
no opinion just want to move on in this session
Lead QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 19, 2018
It has been a few years so not sure what to say I do not know why indeed will not let me skip this company for accuracy but they will not. Got to love bad bots
Good Company but poor management
ETF's, Equity Pricing, CMBS/RMBS/CRE-CDO (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2018
Very heavy micro-managing which caused delays in project completion.
The focus was always on promoting the manager and not the employees accomplishment.
Tech Savvy Company
Senior Project Editor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2018
Excellent work environment that allows employees to grow and learn in a professional setting. Room to grow, competitive salaries and great work-life balance.
Improvements
Senior Business Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2018
Lots of work with few people. Needs new processes and internal systems so resources are a bit overworked. But this means there are lots of opportunities.
Productive and Fun
Ratings Operations Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 8, 2018
Work collaboratively with others to get the best outcome possible. Great team players and well organized to achieve the same gaol. Great leaders within the organization because of great culture and climate.
Pros
Provides drink and water free. Most times free lunches
general laborer
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHOctober 6, 2018
repetitive packaging of material, tedious work, redundant, Same thing over and over. Management did not worry about the employees and did not check on them
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2018
Worked in a number of different departments and was afforded opportunities for advancement and made long lasting relationships both inside and outside of the office.
Editor
Academic Designer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 23, 2018
Not much room for advancement. Learned lots of skills but the organization has changed many times over since being there, which doesn't foster a lot of confidence in job security.