S & C Electric Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
You are working for a fortune 500 company
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 26, 2018
They would perfer for you to quit before they hire you. If hired, 6 mo before you get benefits after you worked 10 mo for temp agency.
No life because you are working 10 hours a day every week. Work is easy if you've worked for them for over 20 years. Training is terrible because workers think you want their job/machine. Pay??? If hired, $14, you have to stay in that position for a year before you can move and if you want more money you have elements in which you get $2 ....
You know what, you are better off finding somewhere else to work because all the time being spent trying to get more money out of them is useless. I got paid more money and worked way less than trying to work on a machine for a company in which the people dont want to train you. It use to be an awesome company to work for until Conrad died and the employees took over.
Pros
weekly checks i guess
Cons
not hiring temps
Laid back environment
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  6600 n ridgeJanuary 23, 2018
Fast paste the work area was very quiet but yet fast paste I operated the database Orical as a shipping and receiving supervisor we worked ten hour shifts
Operating stand up sit down gas propane electric forklifts and reach trucks
Great place for a long term Career
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 12, 2017
S&C is a great place to work that has great traditions values but always looking to stay ahead at the same time. S&C is an employee owned company which really makes a difference is the work culture here.
Pros
Employee Owned Company
It's a very very fun productive workplace fast pace
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2017
No workplace is going to be 100% of what you expect but there are few things with this company of this magnitude that need to be addressed or should be truly focused upon.
Pros
Great benefits off it's never been a layoff in a hundred plus years
Cons
Lack of true management payed unfairly
It's a job.
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2017
Basically the average plant.... on a large scale. In order to feel that you're apart of a family, you have to give them many years...to feel that it's worth it.
Pros
long vacation for christmas
Cons
If your not company, you will be looked down on.
I hate this place
Assemble Line Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 20, 2014
There are no chance for career advancements. The management and leadership sucks! They do not like for employees to pursue education. Low salary.
Pros
health benefit
Cons
low salary
What a JOB!!
Electro-Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 9, 2012
I really enjoyed working at S & C Electric. I was a Mechanical Assembler there, with the responsibility of assembling Low & High Voltage Switch Gear. The management was great. If it were not for my relocation to Texas, I would have stayed there. The only con is the amount of time it takes to be promoted.